Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Monk is now officially...

Started by PlaygroundLegend, January 18, 2007, 02:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

He did it because HDN had him on his cell phone speed dial............IMO of course.
Quote from: PlaygroundLegend on January 18, 2007, 02:08:16 pm
...my favorite Razorback for what he did yesterday. He's always been a class act, good player, and good academics. Now it appears he's going to be a very good senior leader for this team.

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

samske

Quote from: Pastor_Hog on January 18, 2007, 02:17:12 pm
I am glad Monk spoke up.  It showed that he is a leader and he wants to win next year no matter who is in charge.  I will not be supporting Nutt or JFB, but I will be supporting our players.  We are paying for the player's education and in return they are both entertaining us and making us proud.

I totally disagree with the leadership angle.  He failed in that department. 

Olajabutu was a leader when he took Mitch to task on what he said in the book.  Olajabutu did that in his house...the locker room.  Perfectly executed and display of leadership to those that mattered...his teammates.

Monk went public.  When he did that he became a part of the story.  He has now dragged himself and those with him into the story.  Now, they've become fair game and there has been backlash.  You NEVER want to be a "part of the story" and especially don't bring your teammates into it.  Bad judgement on his part. 

56Hog

Quote from: Pastor_Hog on January 18, 2007, 02:17:12 pm
I am glad Monk spoke up.  It showed that he is a leader and he wants to win next year no matter who is in charge.  I will not be supporting Nutt or JFB, but I will be supporting our players.  We are paying for the player's education and in return they are both entertaining us and making us proud.

I believe I'll wait for the committee of Cardinals' report before I endorse the cannonization of Saint Marcus.

Indeed, in light of yesterday's developments, I humbly suggest everyone with a copy of the South Carolina game video might even want to review the actions (or rather inaction) of your candidate during that now infamous interception that seems almost to have been pre-ordained to help drive the evil gang of Springdale from The Garden.

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

gohogs3218

Did any of you hear Mike on the The Buzz in Tulsa? He said everything is orchestrated that is said to the press. You guys need to get real and realize that press conference was set up by the program to let us know all is well on the hill. Only by having the press conf. it speaks volumes that there is a huge problem and they are nervous. Of course they still think we are all stupid and can't think for ourselves.

walls4

Dude, I like Monk a lot myself but he's a terrible student.  He may make the grades but his attempts are horrible.

I find that hard to believe.  If I'm not mistaken, he was valedictorian of his class at EPC.  He may not make the grades he once did, but I'm sure the pressures of football, practices, etc. have a lot to do with that.  I don't think people are giving him the credit he deserves.  He is a very level headed bright young man. 

Dugann

a Pawn!!!!!!!!! yep a pawn good job monk !
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 18, 2007, 02:27:09 pm
Not puppets.

Houston talks Monk out of making a million dollars to come back to a team with only one scholarship qb and an offensive coordinator who hasn't even been a coach in years.

And you don't think that he holds considrable sway over this young man?

Absurd.
I agree with your post...All the way.One tidbit. With sooo many receivers coming out this year from schools who Threw the ball,Well, Monks stock plumeled. 3rd round late...Maybe.

Lets say he is stuck.  He would have been gone in the 1st round had he played at W.V. or Lous.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

searksportzfan

the only receiver we will throw to next year.
woooooooooo piiiigggggg sooooiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee

wawa111

January 18, 2007, 07:21:30 pm #108 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:23:23 pm by wawa111

congratulations
thats your opinion
In my opinion he was out of line and so was the rest of the team that got up and spoke.  It gives the university yet another black eye.

the black eye for the UofA would be the ridiculous ad in the paper...not the guys who play and go to school there standing up for their coach...that means Nutt is doing something right...Even if he told them to do it...they did it...They believe enough in their coach to do what he ask of them...these guys are top notch...they will make something of themselves in life...LOYALTY it is a big factor in success...Maybe if some of the others had some LOYALTY to the Razorbacks they would have been happier and willing to make sacrifices.

fyrfytnrazrbacfan

I appreciate what the players(Monk especially)for doing what they did if it wasn't for the players calling meetings what shambles would the team be in because the fearless leader wasn't going to do it He wouldn't know what lies to tell when he got in there anyway.
"Those who say it can't be done should get the he** out of the way of those that's doing it!"  Rev Run

samske

Quote from: walls4 on January 18, 2007, 07:17:12 pm
Dude, I like Monk a lot myself but he's a terrible student.  He may make the grades but his attempts are horrible.

I find that hard to believe.  If I'm not mistaken, he was valedictorian of his class at EPC.  He may not make the grades he once did, but I'm sure the pressures of football, practices, etc. have a lot to do with that.  I don't think people are giving him the credit he deserves.  He is a very level headed bright young man. 

I have to ask...is he taking Racquetball?  Do they really offer racquetball?  That was one that Damian mentioned.  In his case, he was trying to finish in three years and classes such as that sort of get in the way of getting those degree credits.

samske

Quote from: wawa111 on January 18, 2007, 07:21:30 pm

congratulations
thats your opinion
In my opinion he was out of line and so was the rest of the team that got up and spoke.  It gives the university yet another black eye.

the black eye for the UofA would be the ridiculous ad in the paper...not the guys who play and go to school there standing up for their coach...that means Nutt is doing something right...Even if he told them to do it...they did it...They believe enough in their coach to do what he ask of them...these guys are top notch...they will make something of themselves in life...LOYALTY it is a big factor in success...Maybe if some of the others had some LOYALTY to the Razorbacks they would have been happier and willing to make sacrifices.

Auburn and the other schools aren't carrying that ad.  That ad means nothing to them.  They have the infamous letter.  That's the weapon of choice and it's a doosy.

bcdeputy

So if you don't have 10,000 posts your not a real fan?  BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wawa111

All schools offer activity classes...and they are requirements in some PE and Wellness Degrees...they are to help you learn rules to many diff. games so that you will be able to teach them effectively.

wawa111

I'm lost...what is the letter? Haven't heard it or seen it...

Dugann

50 post and a name like hog dont cry........spin it dude........ /laugh
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

wawa111

Quote from: Dugann on January 18, 2007, 07:28:47 pm

huh?

sandlizard001

Everyone needs to realize that we are a second-tier D-1 program with a 7-8 win season every year, and once every 5-6 years, we will over exceed that number to a 9-10 win season.  Until we make a change, coaching, recruiting, offense, etc. we will remain that way.  As long as you are okay with that, then by all means keep supporting the current staff.  If you want to become a team ranked in the top 10-15 every year, then we need to do something different and take that next step.  This has nothing to do with the players, it is all about where we want are team to go.  We have reached a plateau, and the only way to go to the next level, is to make a change, Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.  This year everything just reached the boiling point.

wawa111

You call it "our" team...But 1st and foremost its their team...the players, coaches, trainers, UofA Students...The players and coaches are the ones that put in countless hours and blood sweat and tears...what they want should be most important...

you say its not about the kids...well when people constantly bash the program, you are bashing the kids...i dont care how you look at it...its not helping anything...the coaches expect this type of thing, they know what they are getting into when they become a coach...but the players don't deserve it...they go out and bust tail 365 days a year so that "WE" can have something to take pride in...and we can't appreciate what we have...WE WON 10 ball games...If you had been asked if that would do at the beginning of the year everyone would have been extatic, but not now....FOR THE KIDS, PLEASE STOP ALL THE DRAMA...ITS LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL PROM...

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: wawa111 on January 18, 2007, 07:40:50 pm
You call it "our" team...But 1st and foremost its their team...the players, coaches, trainers, UofA Students...The players and coaches are the ones that put in countless hours and blood sweat and tears...what they want should be most important...

you say its not about the kids...well when people constantly bash the program, you are bashing the kids...i dont care how you look at it...its not helping anything...the coaches expect this type of thing, they know what they are getting into when they become a coach...but the players don't deserve it...they go out and bust tail 365 days a year so that "WE" can have something to take pride in...and we can't appreciate what we have...WE WON 10 ball games...If you had been asked if that would do at the beginning of the year everyone would have been extatic, but not now....FOR THE KIDS, PLEASE STOP ALL THE DRAMA...ITS LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL PROM...

So remind me, who protects the kids when 2 lunatics are running the program in the ground and lying to them?  Who goes to bat for them, when 99.9% of the media are mouthpieces of the coach?
Who believes them, when a smear campaign is mounted to try and run them off despite them doing NOTHING but try to be the best Razorbacks they can?  Who looks out for them when they do everything they are supposed to to earn a role on the team, but the coach is so jealous of them and their former high school coach who he hired that he won't play them, based on his jealousy alone?  He puts his ego ahead of winning, which in turn HURTS ALL OF THE PLAYERS?

Who?  Tell me.  WHO???

Sorry wawa.  Your mentality is 10x worse than what you are accusing people of..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

razrbkr

H*** yeah..Ya gotta love a guy like that. Three cheers for (the other MM) Monk and Dmac! We STILL have a load of great young men who lay it all on the field each and every play - let's not take ALL of our frustrations out on them...It's more the ADMIN we need to kick in the head! I earlier mentioned that Dick was not much of a QB...I apologize if this was harsh (my earlier post) but my gosh, we deserve a QB that can at least complete a decent %age of his tosses when the game is on the line..

utterly

Quote from: RazorRaider on January 18, 2007, 02:17:17 pm
Quote from: ShellHog on January 18, 2007, 02:11:58 pm
...my favorite Razorback for what he did yesterday. He's always been a class act, good player, and good academics. Now it appears he's going to be a very good senior leader for this team.

P.S. I know this is way too positive and will probably be deleted like a similar post yesterday. This board has now officially 'jumped the shark'. Guys, censorship is never the answer. You can't lampoon Clay Henry for censoring 'negative' posts and then delete posts that are deemed too 'positive' for your tastes. There are no dirty words in here. Everything is even spelled correctly. So there is no reason to delete.

I'm with ya....If Monk and DMAC are Huggers, I'm a Hugger too.

If Monk and DMac jumped off the golden Gate bridge would you jump too?

Just asking. :)

If Gus and Mitch jumped off the golden gate bridge would you?  Just asking.

samske

Quote from: wawa111 on January 18, 2007, 07:27:55 pm
I'm lost...what is the letter? Haven't heard it or seen it...

The emails to Mitch and Wally.  Vile and disgusting things with ties to the Nutts.  Google search for Mitch Mustain Weiss Applewhite and you'll find a copy of it.

mattjonesjags

RHS

Quote from: strawhog on January 18, 2007, 02:12:13 pmIn my opinion he was out of line and so was the rest of the team that got up and spoke.  It gives the university yet another black eye.

A black eye for what? Standing up because they are tired of the program being looked at in a negative light by their own fans?

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Dugann on January 18, 2007, 07:28:47 pm

If you want to call me out for spinning something at least provide some damn proof.  Just because I don't buy into 100% of anything anybody has to say about this whole ordeal, doesn't mean I'm spinning anything.  It means I'm capable of rational thought and forming my own opinion. 

There's a lot of great info here that you will not get anywhere else and that's why I'm here, but there's also a lot of drunk rednecks that will say just about anything to further their cause.  If not believing their crap means I'm spinning something, so be it.

And all I can say about the 50 posts comment is get a life man.  One thing I've learned during my measly 50 posts here is when a guy starts pointing to number of posts as a way to discredit someone else, it's because that's all they've got.  Nothing intelligent to say, so you brag about how many times you've wasted space on the board. 

Do me a favor and show me where I've tried to spin something, or take your 1100 posts and brag about them to someone who gives a damn.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Quote from: wawa111 on January 18, 2007, 07:40:50 pm

No,  I disagree, more like a Junior High dance!  Remember all the girl fights?  :)
Go Hogs!

MM-gohogs

a few dark years ahead i believe there friends... time will tell...
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

GBPackerFan

Quote from: samske on January 18, 2007, 07:23:41 pm

I have to ask...is he taking Racquetball?  Do they really offer racquetball?  That was one that Damian mentioned.  In his case, he was trying to finish in three years and classes such as that sort of get in the way of getting those degree credits.
Before you try to rip on him for taking racquetball, you need to know that they make the number of hours you need to take to get a degree to where you need to take a couple of these classes.  When I was going into my senior year up in Fayetteville, I had not taken a "racquetball" type of course and I did not want to take one.  But the number of hours that I had to take, mixed in with the specific classes that had to take, I had two random hours left to kill in my senior year.  So, I had to take a couple of those kinds of classes. 

RazorRaider

Quote from: MM-gohogs on January 18, 2007, 10:16:38 pm
a few dark years ahead i believe there friends... time will tell...

Especially if Nutt and Frank are still here.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

ray serbach

He did everyone proud

red_powerade

I didn't read all of the posts... but most are saying it was Nutt's idea and not the players.  I don't believe that, but if it were true would it matter anyway?  The player would have done it because they support him regardless of whether it was his idea or theirs.

Little E

Haha, well don't believe it then.  All I know is that because of his actions on a group project, the entire group had to go in front of the school board and face either flunking the class or getting kicked out of school.  Turned out better than they expected but they did fail the project. 

Again, I like Monk a lot but a good student?  That makes me chuckle.