Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Monk is now officially...

Started by PlaygroundLegend, January 18, 2007, 02:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PlaygroundLegend

January 18, 2007, 02:08:16 pm Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:56:47 pm by RazorRichard
...my favorite Razorback for what he did yesterday. He's always been a class act, good player, and good academics. Now it appears he's going to be a very good senior leader for this team.

StoernerJonesFan

I notice how you only have single digits on your # of posts, Houston...i mean, er...PlaygroundLegend...

Le Hogtre

Great post P.L.  I agree with your assessment.

HogFaninGA

Questioning this boards intregrity is a surefire way to get banned.

fu-man-soo

ShellHog

Quote from: PlaygroundLegend on January 18, 2007, 02:08:16 pm
...my favorite Razorback for what he did yesterday. He's always been a class act, good player, and good academics. Now it appears he's going to be a very good senior leader for this team.

P.S. I know this is way too positive and will probably be deleted like a similar post yesterday. This board has now officially 'jumped the shark'. Guys, censorship is never the answer. You can't lampoon Clay Henry for censoring 'negative' posts and then delete posts that are deemed too 'positive' for your tastes. There are no dirty words in here. Everything is even spelled correctly. So there is no reason to delete.

I'm with ya....If Monk and DMAC are Huggers, I'm a Hugger too.

strawhog

P.S. I know this is way too positive and will probably be deleted like a similar post yesterday. This board has now officially 'jumped the shark'. Guys, censorship is never the answer. You can't lampoon Clay Henry for censoring 'negative' posts and then delete posts that are deemed too 'positive' for your tastes. There are no dirty words in here. Everything is even spelled correctly. So there is no reason to delete.
congratulations
thats your opinion
In my opinion he was out of line and so was the rest of the team that got up and spoke.  It gives the university yet another black eye.

PiggyBack

Dale was seen entering and exiting the BC before the meeting per FOX 16 while the company line was "he was away recruiting."  Yes, it was the players doin' the talking.....
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

strawhog

that is just another point proving he ignorant HDN thinks the people of AR are.  He feels like he can continue to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and nothing be said.

The Lemming

Puppets. Mere puppets. At least the task was accomplished upon you.

ceegar

Im not a HDN hugger but I am a Hog Hugger.  I believe we still have 80+ guys that want to be hogs on the team.  I'm behind them 100%.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Pastor_Hog

I am glad Monk spoke up.  It showed that he is a leader and he wants to win next year no matter who is in charge.  I will not be supporting Nutt or JFB, but I will be supporting our players.  We are paying for the player's education and in return they are both entertaining us and making us proud.
Watch the Hogs on Saturday and worship Jesus on Sunday.

RazorRaider

Quote from: ShellHog on January 18, 2007, 02:11:58 pm

If Monk and DMac jumped off the golden Gate bridge would you jump too?

Just asking. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

blue

If we could only get the PTB on board to fire JFB and HDN we would still have players like Monk and Harrison to lead the team, as well as a Qb and OC.

strawhog

Quote from: Quagmire of Hogs on January 18, 2007, 02:15:40 pm
Puppets. Mere puppets. At least the task was accomplished upon you.
Thats right I'm sure these guys had the idea presented to them like they would be saving

HogHeathen

I agree.  I like Monk for what he did as well.  Something positive needs to come out of this mess, and we no it's not Nutt leaving so I'll take what I can get.

HogSophist

love the happy days reference. (it was when fonzie jumped the shark that this started wasnt it?)
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Winner

I have no problem with Monk for what he did, I'm sure his heart was in the right place.  But when a player holds a press conference to say everything's fine, it reminds me of seeing Lt. Frank Drebin in front of a burning building saying "Please disperse, nothing to see here."  In other words, it implies the opposite is true, and the nimrods in the Broyles complex should know that.  Just let the story die. 

glidsy

Not puppets those are Houston's recruits, doesn't any of you guys understand that, they did not come for Gus they came for Houston.  Marcus and all the involved did what they should have, because regardless what anyone thinks on this post, the majority of the posting makes it sound like just because MM and Gus are gone the team will be terrible next year, GIVE ME A BREAK!  I want a passing game like everyoneelse but this is getting so crazy.  Houston is the coach and that is it, can we just leave well enough alone and quit giving ourselves a bigger national black eye...

artyhog

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on January 18, 2007, 02:09:31 pm
I notice how you only have single digits on your # of posts, Houston...i mean, er...PlaygroundLegend...

Nicely said by someone with less than 300 post yourself, Gus...i mean, er..StoernerJonesFan

hogsrmyfav36

January 18, 2007, 02:26:06 pm #21 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 02:27:39 pm by hogsrmyfav36
Why can't you just make your point and not criticize this board???  If you want to say something positive about anyone in the Broyles center just do it and don't make it a backdoor way of criticizing Hogville.
F&*!NG INTRANET

jameshogfan

Quote from: artyhog on January 18, 2007, 02:24:55 pm
Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on January 18, 2007, 02:09:31 pm

Nicely said by someone with less than 300 post yourself, Gus...i mean, er..StoernerJonesFan

Out with the Karma and in with the # of posts.

artyhog

Quote from: RazorRaider on January 18, 2007, 02:17:17 pm

If Gus and Mitch jumped off the bandwagon you would too?

jamie72921

Not puppets.

Houston talks Monk out of making a million dollars to come back to a team with only one scholarship qb and an offensive coordinator who hasn't even been a coach in years.

And you don't think that he holds considrable sway over this young man?

Absurd.
Bless your heart

hogsrmyfav36

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 18, 2007, 02:27:09 pm
Not puppets.

Houston talks Monk out of making a million dollars to come back to a team with only one scholarship qb and an offensive coordinator who hasn't even been a coach in years.

And you don't think that he holds considrable sway over this young man?

Absurd.

Good point!  +1
F&*!NG INTRANET

harbingerofhog

Hahaha...wait a minute, you aren't serious are you?  You people are now turning on the players too?  You are absolutely laughable.  Someone needs to be organizing a player appreciation rally for all the men who chose and are still choosing to represent my university.  I'm proud, and will continue to support every single player that chooses to become a fellow razorback.

artyhog

Quote from: strawhog on January 18, 2007, 02:12:13 pm

congratulations
thats your opinion
In my opinion he was out of line and so was the rest of the team that got up and spoke.  It gives the university yet another black eye.

I guess when Sam called the meeting during the past year, it was a black eye on the program.

HogSophist

Quote from: artyhog on January 18, 2007, 02:26:34 pm

I think it was Houston on top of the Bandwagon....er I mean ladder :)
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

RazorRaider

Quote from: artyhog on January 18, 2007, 02:26:34 pm

Well let's see they are gone and I am still a hog fan. You do the math.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

LSUFan

Let me translate what Marcus was REALLY saying:

"Yasaa Boss, Shakin' dah bush boss, shakin' dah bush"

James K. Pork

Broyles should make Monk the head coach right now.  He demonstrated more leadership in one press conference than Nutt has shown over the course of his entire career at Arkansas.

RazorRaider

Quote from: James K. Pork on January 18, 2007, 02:31:56 pm
Broyles should make Monk the head coach right now.  He demonstrated more leadership in one press conference than Nutt has shown over the course of his entire career at Arkansas.

I have seen school crossing guards show more leadership than Nutt has. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

ShellHog

Maybe Bungee Jump:)

Would you follow your Springdale crew over the cliffs edge?

I just think highly of Monk/DMACs character & thought it was nice to hear them speak out...You may not, which is fine, I guess?

UAfanatic

Unless your one of the guys that hates the hogs until Nutt and Broyles are gone,

This senior unity is the only thing that can help the kids ride through the drama and have a decent team next year.

spudhog

marcus is a great example of what a hog should be. i hope he continue's to play at a high level and exude high character also. we need more of him.

James K. Pork

True.  When my daughter is chosen as "line leader" for her pre-K class, she demonstrates more ability to command than Fearless Leader.

Quote from: RazorRaider on January 18, 2007, 02:33:02 pm
Quote from: James K. Pork on January 18, 2007, 02:31:56 pm

I have seen school crossing guards show more leadership than Nutt has. :)

UAfanatic

I hope the team is able to block out the drama and rally around the senior leadership.

Next year could still be a nice year.

pigture perfect

It speaks volumes to me that the players are united. I believe firstly that if Houston resigns they would stay together.

Monk was class when he made his statements. He seemed to be a voice of reason. I would disagree with the argument of Houston coaching all of that Presser though. He may have coach some, but not all. My reasoning would be the way that Harrison spoke concerning the issue. He was class too, but He was definitely in a defensive mode, he's loyal. Monk and Dmac were more passive with their statements than Harrison. Did anyone else notice this or was it just me?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RazorRaider

Quote from: ShellHog on January 18, 2007, 02:33:50 pm

Maybe Bungee Jump:)

Would you follow your Springdale crew over the cliffs edge?

I just think highly of Monk/DMACs character & thought it was nice to hear them speak out...You may not, which is fine, I guess?

If I were convinced it was really their idea to call the press conference. But we will never truly know now will we?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

artyhog

Quote from: LSUFan on January 18, 2007, 02:31:55 pm

That was the most horrible thing that anyone has said about this BS.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

By the way, the Darkside lost in the movie.

hogsruletheworld

Regardless of who orchestrated the PC you can bet the players that stay want to win and meant what was said.  It's not their fault Nutt is a slick used car salesman turned football coach (no offense meant to the respectable trade of auto sales) that speaks with the forked tounge.
TJ Betz
Gravette, AR

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on January 18, 2007, 02:26:06 pm
Why can't you just make your point and not criticize this board???  If you want to say something positive about anyone in the Broyles center just do it and don't make it a backdoor way of criticizing Hogville.

Thank you.

I wish everyone could do that.  If they did a lot less people would be banned from here.

Its always the same thing.

"I love the hogs and love Houston, i will probably get banned for this comment since this board sucks!"

Then they go running to other boards and blab about how they got banned for saying they love the hogs.

Its a ridiculous circle which never ends.

If you want to support the team, thats great.  We love that, but if you want to bash on the board or how its run, take that to another site. 

Thanks hogsrmyfav.

arcowboy

Quote from: Winner on January 18, 2007, 02:20:52 pm
I have no problem with Monk for what he did, I'm sure his heart was in the right place.  But when a player holds a press conference to say everything's fine, it reminds me of seeing Lt. Frank Drebin in front of a burning building saying "Please disperse, nothing to see here."  In other words, it implies the opposite is true, and the nimrods in the Broyles complex should know that.  Just let the story die. 

Great post tha is exactly what I was thinking and you said it good.   I think we can expect alot of unrest next yr.  A lot of finger pointing.    Wonder where Hillis was at? 

Le Hogtre

Quote from: artyhog on January 18, 2007, 02:38:01 pm

That was the most horrible thing that anyone has said about this BS.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

I agree arty.  LSUfans comments are deplorable.

football-writer

Quote from: Le Hogtre on January 18, 2007, 02:50:56 pm

Not to mention borderline racist...
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

pneaville

Monk is a team player and did what a leader should do.  Its just a shame that HDN and FB put him and the rest of those kids in this unfortunate situation.  They're leaders and they're Razorbacks, and I'm proud to support them---however I won't be financially supporting the program until HDN is gone. 

I hope that Monk gets a chance in the NFL---maybe if we ever threw the ball scouts could see his skills more---although he is a hell of an athelete and a smart player as well.  He's a great posterboy for the University.
God is a Razorback

pneaville

Inappropriate. 

This isn't Mississippi.
God is a Razorback

jameshogfan

Quote from: football-writer on January 18, 2007, 02:54:02 pm
Quote from: Le Hogtre on January 18, 2007, 02:50:56 pm

Not to mention borderline racist...

I didn't appreciate them either.

Golfer

January 18, 2007, 02:59:18 pm #49 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:02:01 pm by Golfer
NM