Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One major difference in Heath and Nutt

Started by HawgAdvocate, January 17, 2007, 12:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

silvertip

Quote from: btaylor2404 on January 17, 2007, 12:23:59 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 17, 2007, 12:19:16 pm
QuoteBut at the end of the day, we are not fun to watch anymore, there seems to be no real plan after 4-5 years.  At this rate basketball will be in the same shape as football in 5 more years, just a few less wins, and a TON less drama.

My initial post addressed the plan, which you know Stan has, even if I'm dead wrong. And we're playing at a much faster pace then we have in years past. The Hogs have picked up the pace, there's no doubt about that. Perhaps the fun would come back if all the negativity would subside.
Again I agree with your post, and I have recently joined Hogville, mainly because of football.  But when I don't even read the write-ups in the paper before the games, it's because of the style of play, I can deal with us losing, I just would like to see some kind of improvement and for the team to have some type of idenity.  I just don't see it.  Like I said, at least there's no drama like the FB Program. Peace

Both you guys would do well to read more of the pregame articles. You may not recognize Heath's plans because he adjusts each game according to the strengths/weaknesses of each opponent. He commonly tells you how we plan to play each game, you can see it happen during the game, and he will commonly comment on how the plan did/didn't work in post-game quotes.

Unlike a Nolan, Anderson, or Nutt who only knows how to play one way all the time. It's just 2 different ways to game planning.

As far as up-tempo, Heath has been saying since he got here that he wants a better fast-break. But you have to have guards & small forwards that can dribble & pass. This year's team is the best fast-break Hawg team in a long time. A lot of that is addition by subtraction.

btaylor2404

Silvertip I see what your saying, and where your coming from, I just don't see it.  Don't great teams and coaches do what they do, and make the other team adjust to them? 

HawgWyld

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 11:57:33 am
You same people will be ripping Heath soon. Very soon.
Well, I won't. There's a world of difference between Heath and Nutt. Stan Heath is a decent fellow, whereas The Nutt® is a straight up rascal.