Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here i am....take your shots

Started by SPAL, January 07, 2007, 04:24:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

futurehogdad

Huggers have been complaining to us Darksiders that you can't fire a coach that wins 10 games. 

How is it that Houston can DEMOTE a COY and the offensive cordinator of a 10 win season?

futurehogdad

Huggers have been complaining to us Darksiders that you can't fire a coach that wins 10 games. 

How is it that Houston can DEMOTE a COY and the offensive cordinator of a 10 win season?

GPirk11

To speak out to show all of our unpleaseure with HD and FB, do not show up for the 1st Home game or any as far as Im concerned. 

DO NOT ATTEND A GAME UNTIL HD AND FB RESIGN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Folks, this is totally the only way to unpower them 2.

Swino

Who proposed this a few years ago? 

This sounds like a pretty good option now.

hogtrack77677

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas head football coach Houston Nutt addressed the media late Tuesday afternoon regarding several items. Below is a partial transcript of his comments.

(On Search for Offensive Coordinator) "We are still in the process (of searching for a new coach) in between recruiting. I'm trying to get the best person and there are several names out there that we are still doing a little research on. Hopefully we will know more by the end of the week."

(On whether he would grant Mitch Mustain a release) "I've told all the players if they want their release, we will grant their release. I just want guys that want to be here. Hopefully (Mitch Mustain) will be here. Anyone who has asked for a release, I've granted it."

"I'm not frustrated right now. I know how difficult it is and how hard college football can be. You see it all over the country. I talk to Tommy Tuberville and he went through a difficult time and that's unusual. You see more things across the country. The internet, talk shows, everything is open. There is a lot of information out there."

(On Mitch Mustain transferring) "I don't know for sure where we are right now. I think you would have to talk to him. I don't know (if he has made a decision)."

(On Nutt's conversation with Mustain on Tuesday) "I'd like to keep that confidential. Ask Mitch (Mustain) exactly what he wants to say. I think that's important to keep our conversation confidential until he's ready to act."

(On Mitch Mustain) "He did ask for a release. Naturally, I don't want him to go. I want him to stay here. But also, we want the ones that really want to be here. I have given him his release so let's just see."

"I hope he stays here. He was 8-0 as a starter and did a wonderful job. Very few freshmen can do some of the things he has done. He was put in a very difficult situation and I'm very proud of him. He has to make the call. He has to feel good about it. He has to want to be here and we'll just have to see what happens."

(On where Mitch Mustain may go) "He didn't say anything and I didn't even ask him that."

(On the search for an offensive coordinator) "Nothing is official. We are still waiting and still searching. What has been difficult is we have been recruiting, in homes. We have been trying to make up some time there. It is hard to get everything aligned just right right now. It's not official yet. We still have a little bit more time before a decision needs to be made. (David Lee) is one of three guys we are looking at."

"The sooner the better but you can't rush it. You have to get the right one and the right fit and that just depends. You don't want to rush into it to quickly but you want the right chemistry.

(On how this has affected recruiting) "We have tried to hit most our commitments and we have a good number of commitments right now. The ones that have committed are very strong and that's positive. The 16 or 17 guys we have committed have been touched by the telephone or an official visit and all of them have been very solid."

(On the reaction from the fans) "I lot of people that have talked to me face-to-face have been very supportive and very positive. There are some that are not as positive. Hopefully we can move on and get everything back to normal and have a strong recruiting class. We did have a good year this year and a lot of people contributed."

(On Gus Malzahn leaving) "His role did not diminish. One thing you always try to do, you want to be better. We really wanted to win 12 or 13 games and I thought we had a good year. It wasn't diminished or taken away; we just wanted to add to it. That next person is going to be a guy we can lean on and talk to and really use his knowledge. That's all it is."

"As far as diminished, nothing could be farther then that truth. He did a lot of great things for us. He wants to be a head coach and the title of assistant head coach is very important to him."

(On Ben Cleveland's status) "I don't anything about him. He's in Kansas at a funeral and probably won't get back until late Wednesday."

(On the status of the program) "I challenge anybody (who thinks the program is unstable). I don't believe that whatsoever. I think of that was true we'd lose 17 commitments or half of them and we haven't lost one. We are coming off a January 1 bowl game and we won 10 games. I feel good about where we are and the room I just left and the players that are here that want to be here. That's what you feel good about."

Because only the soap opera that is our football program could keep the focus off the ineptitude that is Heath.

ak5150

I wonder if this is why God took Paul E.  He wouldnt have wanted to see this or have to report on it.

ak5150

I wonder if this is why God took Paul E.  He wouldnt have wanted to see this or have to report on it.

pigmania

Way to stick up for Springdale and getting Otis all flustered again. Otis is going to have to pop a xanax before too long.

GPirk11

I know he asked for a release, but any possiblility he rethinks it and stays??

GPirk11

I know he asked for a release, but any possiblility he rethinks it and stays??

aloha_kid

said the Nutt developed Clint S.  WOW.  What a homer

Dugann

I feel it it a matter of time before Cleveland our new kicker to be goes else where.  What do u all think... BTW I am sooooo down I fell kicked in the gut, I feel lied too, I feel sad to be a Razorback fan right now.  Words can not say how much I feel let down to big money and select few that feels that they know best for all of us the common everyday Razorback fan.  You see they have taken our program and made it their program ... like the French before the Problem of the 1800's.  Let them eat cake is what I feel Frank is saying to us and laughing at us the Razorback fans.  I feel he is just laughing.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

simplenutt

The Board of Trustees are charged with overseeing and protecting the University of Arkansas.  In a small state with limited revenues the $30-40 Million dollar football program is integral to the image and success of our flagship University. Our AD has the most culpability with regards to the past probation as his friend directly caused the probation.  He has business dealings with existing Trustees (Jim Lindsey) which is a blatant conflict of interest. While he is a visionary and a skillful fundraiser he is not an effective leader/manager.  The management and PR skills needed in a 50+ million dollar a year business have surpassed his 1950's management style.  The Board needs to step up.  Coach Broyles has missed his exit ramp and they need to help him find it!

AHogalypto

kyledeen

Malzahn, the S'dale 5, the GD stadium debate, etc. etc. etc.

Unless the folks at the Broyles center get the PR machine rolling, this will only further the distance and stoke the hate between NWA and the rest of Arkansas.

Ask the folks in LR who they think won 10 games this year...that unbelievable ROCK-LINE and D-Mac.

Ask NWA people, they'll say MM and Malzahn and the rest of the S'Dale Crew.

Got a feeling a lot of the "Dem-Gaz" campaign ain't getting a lot of backing from the LR crowd...so you'd better plan on that 11K seeing about 1/4 of the state. 

...Buy the ticket, Take the ride...

can't wait to see the backsliding when we win 11-12 next year

sooieboy

The fans of Arkansas have been fed a series of lies all year.  Some of which follow ( please do not consider this a complete list )

Gus will be be given full control of the offense            LIE
Gus will be allowed to call all plays                           LIE
Recruits were told the offense would change             LIE
The offense would be about achieving balance           LIE
I have a quick trigger                                            LIE
Coaches not getting along " wasted oxygen "            LIE
3 - 4 plays from playing for NC                                LIE
Gus to receive raise and contract extension              LIE
Gus was not being demoted                                   LIE
Gus left for a promotion                                        LIE

I blame both Broyles and HDN.  Both have showed lack of leadership and now the program is in turmoil and the fan base is divided as never before.  No person with enough leadership skills to pour piss out of a boot would allow his area of responsibilty to become such a disaster.  The fans of the program deserve the truth, whether we agree or not with the plan, just frickin be honest.

Top recruits are leaving the state while OUR class is ranked 10th in the SEC.  The most decorated high school football player in the state's history just left the program after one year.  The most successful high school coach in recent history left the program after one year. 

Some is rotten on the Hill.  Now is the time to make some changes and get the program righted.  I don't know how to get this done.  Seems as if the fan's opinions are not valued.  Only the value of contributions and ticket sales will gert attention.

sooieboy

The fans of Arkansas have been fed a series of lies all year.  Some of which follow ( please do not consider this a complete list )

Gus will be be given full control of the offense            LIE
Gus will be allowed to call all plays                           LIE
Recruits were told the offense would change             LIE
The offense would be about achieving balance           LIE
I have a quick trigger                                            LIE
Coaches not getting along " wasted oxygen "            LIE
3 - 4 plays from playing for NC                                LIE
Gus to receive raise and contract extension              LIE
Gus was not being demoted                                   LIE
Gus left for a promotion                                        LIE

I blame both Broyles and HDN.  Both have showed lack of leadership and now the program is in turmoil and the fan base is divided as never before.  No person with enough leadership skills to pour piss out of a boot would allow his area of responsibilty to become such a disaster.  The fans of the program deserve the truth, whether we agree or not with the plan, just frickin be honest.

Top recruits are leaving the state while OUR class is ranked 10th in the SEC.  The most decorated high school football player in the state's history just left the program after one year.  The most successful high school coach in recent history left the program after one year. 

Some is rotten on the Hill.  Now is the time to make some changes and get the program righted.  I don't know how to get this done.  Seems as if the fan's opinions are not valued.  Only the value of contributions and ticket sales will get attention.

Cartoon Man

Who will be left standing?  Guys have faith.  I preach on faith every week. This is the biggest storm I can remember on the hill.  When it is all said and done, we will be better off.  We need a coach to come in here and bring honesty and integrity back to the program. A coach that the players will respect and the players will give their best effort for.  It's coming.

hogsrmyfav36

If you want to join, just post.  ATTENTION ALL HUGGERS.  DON'T POST ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED AS AN ANTI-HDN FAN.  CAN I BE MORE EXPLICIT THAN THIS?
F&*!NG INTRANET

hogsrmyfav36

If you want to join, just post.  ATTENTION ALL HUGGERS.  DON'T POST ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED AS AN ANTI-HDN FAN.  CAN I BE MORE EXPLICIT THAN THIS?
F&*!NG INTRANET

hog caller

what are the call sighns for kbaz and the ft smith station. anyone please. thanks

mikeirwin

In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been only ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not.

mikeirwin

In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been only ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not.

SiriusHog™

Douglas, I know its incredibly busy, but when might we expect to have access to Press Row archives from today and yesterday?  No rush at all, just curious...

UroHog

Since Kodi said that he wanted to be a hog but didn't b/c of MM...
any thoughts on whether he might sign with UA over AU, or am I still in shock and thinking irrationally? ???

My Auburn buddy brought this up, and I had to bring it up for discussion...

GHG!  :razorback:
Urohog

SiriusHog™

Douglas, I know its incredibly busy, but when might we expect to have access to Press Row archives from today and yesterday?  No rush at all, just curious...

UroHog

any thoughts on whether he might sign with UA over AU, or am I still in shock and thinking irrationally? ???

Urohog

mikeirwin

Believe it or not.

razor5396

During the halftime of the Texas Ok st. game

UroHog

Urohog

UroHog

Urohog

razor5396

During halftime of the OK St.  Texas game

mikeirwin

Believe it or not.

UroHog

Urohog

murray-vegas

Mustain is part of the tease for the half time show just given a few mins ago. 1:10 left in the half.

ESPN2

UroHog

Urohog

richterba

We are becoming a national joke and recruiting and the whole program is taking a big hit...kinda reminds me of ENRON

GolfingAndy

Quote from: mikeirwin on January 16, 2007, 08:44:55 pm
Believe it or not.

Ceasers Palace sports book has set the following line:

The University of Arkansas again landing a 5 star, Gatorade HS Player of the Year, Parade All-American Player of the Year, Quarterback

OVER/UNDER "HELL FREEZES OVER"

Bet accordingly. I'm taking the over.