Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Singapore

Started by Boardon Hamsay, March 27, 2024, 07:46:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

In complete contrast to Krong Siem Reap but on the same trip, here are a few shots of Singapore. Great airport(Changi) in Singapore but a bit of a pricey place to stay for full vacation. Great place to visit for a few days as a connection hub to go elsewhere in Southeast Asia.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Also bumped into @PonderinHog in Singapore
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The Royal Ham

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 27, 2024, 07:54:14 pmAlso bumped into @PonderinHog in Singapore
I'm glad to see that pond got all shined up for your photo op.
January 05, 2024, 07:00:13 am
Thanks Hammer....I'll post another Saturday drank thread tomorrow...in the meantime, post anything you want here or ignore it.

Rev

husker71

Singapore to me is amazing .  So much energy and so clean .  If it was cheaper I would consider it as a move but it is expensive.  I get into WW2 history and spent a couple of days paying for a tour that was specifically for guys who wanted to see that sort of thing.
 English tour guide with Singaporian helpers.  About 70 usd per day but well worth it and at 70 I was about the average age of the sightseers

Hog_Fink

Great hawker stalls
Crazy fine dining scene

nationwish

Almost everyone speaks English natively in Singapore, right? I had a client once in Singapore. It wasn't an audit, but agreed upon procedures. It was a church, and one of the ways they brought in money was having small groups that met regularly, and they'd "tithe" in the group and that was sent to the church. To test that, we called the group leaders and interviewed them about group sizes and giving and all. Language was never a barrier.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: nationwish on April 07, 2024, 08:50:59 amAlmost everyone speaks English natively in Singapore, right? I had a client once in Singapore. It wasn't an audit, but agreed upon procedures. It was a church, and one of the ways they brought in money was having small groups that met regularly, and they'd "tithe" in the group and that was sent to the church. To test that, we called the group leaders and interviewed them about group sizes and giving and all. Language was never a barrier.

Was British until the 60s I believe

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: nationwish on April 07, 2024, 08:50:59 amAlmost everyone speaks English natively in Singapore, right? I had a client once in Singapore. It wasn't an audit, but agreed upon procedures. It was a church, and one of the ways they brought in money was having small groups that met regularly, and they'd "tithe" in the group and that was sent to the church. To test that, we called the group leaders and interviewed them about group sizes and giving and all. Language was never a barrier.

Yes, English is one of four official languages of Singapore. Others being Tamil, Mandarin, and Malay.

Quote from: Hog_Fink on April 07, 2024, 10:38:44 amWas British until the 60s I believe

Yep, was a British Empire trading post and then was occupied by Japan in WWII and then went back to the Brits and then became sovereign in 1965. Prior to that, it's heritage is Javanese, Sumatran, and Malay based.