Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rain

Started by 010HogFan, May 31, 2017, 12:48:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

010HogFan

I am thinking about buying Regional tickets, but what happens if it rains out? Do the games just get pushed back and you can use the tickets later? Forecast looks kind of rough the whole weekend starting Friday night so I'm hesitant.

jry04

Quote from: 010HogFan on May 31, 2017, 12:48:07 pm
I am thinking about buying Regional tickets, but what happens if it rains out? Do the games just get pushed back and you can use the tickets later? Forecast looks kind of rough the whole weekend starting Friday night so I'm hesitant.
Friday, Sunday, and Monday will be fine. Your guess is as good as mine on Saturday, though.

The games will be played and if you purchased tickets and it gets pushed back you will still get entry to that game at the new time.

WhenPigsFly

The tickets are for a specific game number corresponding to that game on the bracket.  Whenever that game is played that ticket is valid, regardless of day or time.

(notOM)Rebel123

Per Weather Channel...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

jry04

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 01, 2017, 06:56:53 am
Per Weather Channel...

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 01, 2017, 06:56:53 am
Per Weather Channel...

When you go to weather.com right now it shows 50% Friday, 90% Saturday, and 50% Sunday. When you click on the details it is only a 20% Chance of rain Friday night and 40% Saturday night.
https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USAR0189:1:US

It will be interesting to see what happens. From every forecast I have read, Sunday's storms will be in the morning. The games Sunday are 3 pm and 8 pm, so no issues there if that forecast holds up. You can pull up Weather.com, Accuweather, Weather.gov, KNWA, and 4029 and get a different percentage from everyone.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/weather

http://www.4029tv.com/weather
4029 doesn't give to much info for Saturday or Sunday, but say a stray shower or two on Friday afternoon, and just cloudy Friday night.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fayetteville-ar/72701/daily-weather-forecast/326857?day=2
40% Friday, 24% Friday night
60% all day/night Saturday
60% Sunday, 20% Sunday night.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jry04 on June 01, 2017, 08:24:47 am
When you go to weather.com right now it shows 50% Friday, 90% Saturday, and 50% Sunday. When you click on the details it is only a 20% Chance of rain Friday night and 40% Saturday night.
https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USAR0189:1:US

It will be interesting to see what happens. From every forecast I have read, Sunday's storms will be in the morning. The games Sunday are 3 pm and 8 pm, so no issues there if that forecast holds up. You can pull up Weather.com, Accuweather, Weather.gov, KNWA, and 4029 and get a different percentage from everyone.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/weather

http://www.4029tv.com/weather
4029 doesn't give to much info for Saturday or Sunday, but say a stray shower or two on Friday afternoon, and just cloudy Friday night.

Oh yes, it will change several times throughout today alone.

jry04

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 01, 2017, 08:28:12 am
Oh yes, it will change several times throughout today alone.
No doubt, I am just pointing out that The Weather Channel's forecast looks like worst case scenario. It can change a bunch, and maybe they will prove to be the most accurate, but others are saying Saturday and Sunday will not be near as bad, so hopefully they are more accurate.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

Quote from: Kevin on June 01, 2017, 08:32:13 am
Who is more accurate more often than not is the question
In my experience from following the weather closely each week for baseball plus golf, the weather channel is usually the least accurate when it comes to Fayetteville forecasts. However, that doesn't mean they are always off, so they could definitely nail this weekend. Weather.gov has been the most accurate in my opinion.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jry04 on June 01, 2017, 08:29:55 am
No doubt, I am just pointing out that The Weather Channel's forecast looks like worst case scenario. It can change a bunch, and maybe they will prove to be the most accurate, but others are saying Saturday and Sunday will not be near as bad, so hopefully they are more accurate.

Just as long as Dr. Greg Forbes doesn't throw in his TORCON.
Sometimes I think 40/29 basically looks out the window for their forecast.

jry04

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 01, 2017, 08:36:20 am
Just as long as Dr. Greg Forbes doesn't throw in his TORCON.
Sometimes I think 40/29 basically looks out the window for their forecast.
Darby Bybee or however you spell it isn't too bad. They used to be great a few years ago until their main guy left. I cannot remember his name, but he had a weather blog that was updated frequently and gave great information.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jry04 on June 01, 2017, 08:38:02 am
Darby Bybee or however you spell it isn't too bad. They used to be great a few years ago until their main guy left. I cannot remember his name, but he had a weather blog that was updated frequently and gave great information.

Yeah, Darby is pretty good. He's a hoot to watch sometimes during severe weather. He does get excited. I like Dan Skoff at KNWA the best of the NWA folks. Heck, if it rains, it rains...got my poncho ready.

jry04

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 01, 2017, 08:41:57 am
Yeah, Darby is pretty good. He's a hoot to watch sometimes during severe weather. He does get excited. I like Dan Skoff at KNWA the best of the NWA folks. Heck, if it rains, it rains...got my poncho ready.
I don't care about the rain, but I hope there isn't a lightning delay.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on June 01, 2017, 08:32:13 am
Who is more accurate more often than not is the question

Well, 30 years of farming, depending on accurate forecasts, I go with the NWS. The TV stations these days with their predicted radar aren't too bad 24 hours out. They all get their info from about 3 different sources, the GFS, the ECMWF, and the NAM.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 01, 2017, 08:23:41 am
I didn't realize those folks worked for free.... ;)

Ha, ok, they don't sell commercial time, then........

jry04

Looks like it will be pretty clear tonight. Tomorrow it will probably rain from about 2pm to 5pm, but maybe some innings can get in. Should be clear all night tomorrow, though. Sunday looks like rain in the early morning/afternoon, but night is clear. Monday all clear. The problem will be completing the first game of Saturday and Sunday on time.

razCzar

Quote from: jry04 on June 02, 2017, 08:00:42 am
Looks like it will be pretty clear tonight. Tomorrow it will probably rain from about 2pm to 5pm, but maybe some innings can get in. Should be clear all night tomorrow, though. Sunday looks like rain in the early morning/afternoon, but night is clear. Monday all clear. The problem will be completing the first game of Saturday and Sunday on time.
Saturday weather was last item discussed on Friday night post-game show, pretty much echoing your post.  So, Saturday's game times likely to be pushed till later. 

Kevin

Looks like forecast has changed with most of the rain in the evening.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

jry04

Quote from: Kevin on June 03, 2017, 07:38:13 am
Looks like forecast has changed with most of the rain in the evening.
Which sucks, but so far it still looks hit or miss. Weather.com is showing at no point higher than a 60% chance at any hour today. Weather.gov has 50% pretty much all afternoon/evening. Accuweather is saying 60% chance and heavy flooding tonight, which would be awful.

The bad news is our game could be pushed to tomorrow. The good news is TCU's regional is already a game behind due to their games being postponed last night so the winner of our regional wouldn't be at a disadvantage.

jimmur74

Im not seeing a washout Sat or Sun. Games should be able to be played.

Quote from: jry04 on June 03, 2017, 07:41:33 am
Which sucks, but so far it still looks hit or miss. Weather.com is showing at no point higher than a 60% chance at any hour today. Weather.gov has 50% pretty much all afternoon/evening. Accuweather is saying 60% chance and heavy flooding tonight, which would be awful.

The bad news is our game could be pushed to tomorrow. The good news is TCU's regional is already a game behind due to their games being postponed last night so the winner of our regional wouldn't be at a disadvantage.

Razorback7281

Need to play tonight and not give their two best bullpen Arkansas and extra day of rest.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

jry04

Quote from: jimmur74 on June 03, 2017, 08:33:59 am
Im not seeing a washout Sat or Sun. Games should be able to be played.

I think so too, but the problem with Arkansas weather is it can change in a hurry. We currently have a 50% chance of thunderstorms all day/night. There are some nasty storms SW of us, and if they happen to push into our area it could rain heavily for a long time. It could also miss us completely and nothing every happen. The local weather this morning made it sound like that first game could be delayed some, but all the games should be played at some point today.

littlewheezy

The Fort Worth regional was rained out yesterday and won't be playing for a while today either. I don't know how they're going to get all of their games in.

jry04

Quote from: littlewheezy on June 03, 2017, 12:26:08 pm
The Fort Worth regional was rained out yesterday and won't be playing for a while today either. I don't know how they're going to get all of their games in.
It will push the supers to a Saturday, Sunday, Monday more than likely, and they will end up potentially finishing on Tuesday.

There are some pretty nasty, slow moving storms just south of the stadium right now. We may be in for a lengthy delay in game 1.

Kevin

Just finished rain pretty hard here in van buren

Razorback7281

Quote from: jry04 on June 03, 2017, 12:41:35 pm
It will push the supers to a Saturday, Sunday, Monday more than likely, and they will end up potentially finishing on Tuesday.

There are some pretty nasty, slow moving storms just south of the stadium right now. We may be in for a lengthy delay in game 1.
They may only get 1 game in today at best. The Dallas Baptist game is in a delay and the radar shows several hours of slow moving rain. Not sure why they didn't get 1 game in last night as the rangers and Astros played in Arlington last night. They just started at around 8:30.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.