Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA defeats Miss. St.

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, March 09, 2013, 06:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Congratulations to the UCA Bears. They handed Miss. St. their first loss of the year with a 7-5 win in 10 innings. UCA moves to 13-2 with losses to Vandy & Miss. St. (Fri. Night), while MSU falls to 17-1.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

southarkhog06

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 09, 2013, 06:07:46 pm
Congratulations to the UCA Bears. They handed Miss. St. their first loss of the year with a 7-5 win in 10 innings. UCA moves to 13-2 with losses to Vandy & Miss. St. (Fri. Night), while MSU falls to 17-1.
great win bears

ucahogfan

Go Purple Bears!  Gum has done a great job in 3 years after taking over a terrible program.  Would be interesting to see if they are ranked by one of the 5 main polls next week.

barzrback

Coach Gum is a class act ... hope they can take another tomorrow. 

GoHogs1091

Here is what Mississippi State's Head Coach stated yesterday after they won 4-2 against UCA.

"We really beat a great baseball team tonight. We beat a great team the way you have to most nights. You have to pitch it well. You have to make the plays defensively. You also have to have some key hits."

"Offensively, we put some things together against a great pitcher," Cohen said.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=206598760

Here is what Mississippi State's Head Coach stated today after their 1st loss of the season.

"Give credit to them (UCA)," added Cohen. "They're a good ball club. There's a reason why they have won 13 games. There's a reason why they came in leading the nation in scoring, leading in walks, leading in HBPs. They're a good club and we've got to come back tomorrow and do whatever we can to try and win the series."

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=206676960

It is awesome to see UCA do well against top notch SEC competition.  It is great news for the State of Arkansas.  Go UCA!!!

cityhog

Baseball in AR is sort of becoming THE high school sport is it not?

stronguard

UCA plays well disciplined baseball.  Conway is a hotbed of talent too.  There are multiple travel clubs competing for their respective state titles every year (including mine)

Baseball has a bright future all over our great state
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Mrcoolhog55

Yes I agree, and this will help the Hogs as well as far as Baseball Talent goes. Way to go UCA.

barzrback

Quote from: futurehogdad on March 09, 2013, 06:57:31 pm
Coach Gum is a winner but I would not call him a class act.

He has WON everywhere he has been.

You don't have to ... I already did.

Team Oklahoma

It's travel ball not high school ball getting better, besides the Bryant High School coach. He is a good coach besides him high school ball is poorly coached.

LSUFan

DAH Bears!

Hell to the yeah, I'd love to see them sweep the big dance!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

jry04

Quote from: Team Oklahoma on March 10, 2013, 12:50:20 am
It's travel ball not high school ball getting better, besides the Bryant High School coach. He is a good coach besides him high school ball is poorly coached.
lolololol....so Bryant's High School coach is the only one that is any good? That is as ignorant a statement as it gets. I know plenty of coaches in NWA who are implementing things that even some colleges don't do.

ricepig

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on March 10, 2013, 10:43:08 am
lolololol....so Bryant's High School coach is the only one that is any good? That is as ignorant a statement as it gets. I know plenty of coaches in NWA who are implementing things that even some colleges don't do.

Pretty sure he knows about all you could know about baseball coaches in NWA. I might not agree that Coach Bock is the only good coach, but there are some bad ones.

Team Oklahoma

Not saying they are bad guys, matter a fact I know one that was a great guy and is a great mentor to the kids. But being a great guy doesnt make them a good coach. Only one I would consider in this area of being a good coach would be the Prairie Grove coach. Just my opinion. Not worth arguing over. I watched high school baseball in NWA for 3 years and thats how I formed my opinion.

barzrback

UCA 7 MSU 3.  CONGRATS UCA/Coach Gum ... took two from a previously undefeated Miss State IN Starkville.  VERY NICE. 

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Benton's coach is pretty good too. I've been impressed by Sheridan's coach and Sylvan Hills also. I do see some good high school baseball in Central Arkansas. I figure it's pretty good Statewide as well.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

(notOM)Rebel123

Tip of the Razorback cap to the UCA Bears.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

RoughRider Fan

Congratulations UCA.

My thought on the HS coaches is that some of you are mentioning the names of coaches in the area where you live, thus you see them frequently.  That's what I'm doing as well.  I've watched the FS Northside (Fry) and Greenwood (Gardner) coaches a lot over the years and would say they would be hard to top. In my area we are seeing more kids concentrate on baseball only rather than trying to play 2-3 sports. I believe that is part of the reason we are seeing more talented players these days.

ucahogfan

Quote from: RoughRider Fan on March 10, 2013, 05:43:50 pm
Congratulations UCA.

My thought on the HS coaches is that some of you are mentioning the names of coaches in the area where you live, thus you see them frequently.  That's what I'm doing as well.  I've watched the FS Northside (Fry) and Greenwood (Gardner) coaches a lot over the years and would say they would be hard to top. In my area we are seeing more kids concentrate on baseball only rather than trying to play 2-3 sports. I believe that is part of the reason we are seeing more talented players these days.
Definitely agree about Fry.  He is a superb coach and an even better person.  Northside made a homerun hire when they got him.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: stronguard on March 09, 2013, 10:43:41 pm
UCA plays well disciplined baseball.  Conway is a hotbed of talent too.  There are multiple travel clubs competing for their respective state titles every year (including mine)

Baseball has a bright future all over our great state

The following was posted yesterday in the last post on Page 9 of a thread over on a SEC Message board about yesterday's game.

"UCA has rattled our pitchers I have never seen us throw this bad...they just play it real well at the plate we can't get strikeouts they foul off every strike and wait for the inevitable balls to walk then get clutch base hits. One of the better coached hitting teams I have ever watched as far as discipline and waiting on the right pitch"

(will have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the post when the following link loads)

http://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?p=40464735&pg=9

Congratulations to UCA!!!  It is great for UCA, and it is great for the State of Arkansas.  The whole State of Arkansas wins when the other instate Schools do well.     

Mrcoolhog55

YES I agree with your statement. Congrats UCA-WAY TO GO BEARS. IT IS GOOD FOR THE STATE OF ARKANSAS.