Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enough

Started by WilsonHog, June 05, 2015, 08:40:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

I've supported coach since he arrived at the University and will continue to do so. This board is a great forum to talk Razorback basketball.

I have no issue with the few posters that believe MA is coming up short. As long as the posters are respectful and don't post personal attacks let them post all they want. Last season some of the same guys where posting about the team early season struggles.

However, by midseason they where silent and the moderator of this board created a rule that you can not bring up old topics. Let them post!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WorfHog on June 06, 2015, 12:58:41 pm
With fans like these who needs rivals? On behalf of those fighting the good fight the last couple months, thank you!

Just an FYI, some of the stuff these "fans" are getting away with in the basketball recruiting forum would be bans if they were talking about football recruits.

Now THAT'S some first class whining!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WorfHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 06, 2015, 03:44:55 pm
Now THAT'S some first class whining!!

Go check out the thread where they run down the guy we have on a visit this weekend. Again, if this what a football recruit it wouldn't be tolerated.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 06, 2015, 12:03:21 pm
Yes, but....you're in the minority.
Well if I'm the minority then why is it such a big deal for us to speak about how we feel.  I honestly feel we will be about .500 next year.  I think that is unacceptable in year 5.  If I end up being wrong then thank the Lord because I want the hogs to win.  Just don't see it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: grayhawg on June 06, 2015, 12:05:18 pm
And some had all the junior high stuff they could handle and left.

Who left besides FCJ who never adds anything of substance but does his best to divide us? 

I will agree though that discussing college basketball is June is uninteresting with few exceptions.  It actually doesn't get interesting till January and conf play. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WorfHog on June 06, 2015, 04:32:10 pm
Go check out the thread where they run down the guy we have on a visit this weekend. Again, if this what a football recruit it wouldn't be tolerated.

When our football  staff goes out of its way to get a senior transfer who was a marginal producer at Kennesaw State, then I'm 100% positive our football staff would be widely criticized, and justifiably so.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WilsonHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 06, 2015, 06:13:36 pm
When our football  staff goes out of its way to get a senior transfer who was a marginal producer at Kennesaw State, then I'm 100% positive our football staff would be widely criticized, and justifiably so.

They're all Razorbacks. I'll side with players and coaches every day of the week over a "fan" who - in the same breath that he professes to be one, sees nothing wrong with criticizing those he is a "fan" of.

Let's suppose we sign this kid, and he wins a game for us. Guarantee some of those criticizing him will be cheering him then. What they need to be doing is shutting the hell up. All in, or all out.

hawgfan4life

Talk about throwing ice water on a forum. Lol... Sad how stopping the negativity makes the forum a ghost town compared to previous weeks.  I must say it is an improvement but eliminates my sarcastic posts.

WorfHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 06, 2015, 06:13:36 pm

Leave off that he was a 3/4 star coming out of high school that showed some flashes at Auburn before transferring.  Someone who our coaches  think can contribute something to next year's team. What if CMA is right and Willy happens to check Hogville and see's the post's running him down and decides not to come here?

I think there is a subset of Hogville members who would celebrate that and use it as ammunition against CMA. Mike had a better a season last year than CBB. I trust CBB and CMA to develop our three and four star talent. A lot of people don't give CMA that same trust. Why is that?

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I think it has more to do with the color of Mike's skin than it does with his abilities as a coach. We have a subset of the fanbase that will never give Mike a fair shake because he's black.

I'm with Mike I think he might add something next year that we'll need.

Danny J

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on June 06, 2015, 04:57:39 pm
Well if I'm the minority then why is it such a big deal for us to speak about how we feel.  I honestly feel we will be about .500 next year.  I think that is unacceptable in year 5.  If I end up being wrong then thank the Lord because I want the hogs to win.  Just don't see it.
Here is my $.02. We are not got to be .500 or below. That is simply not going to happen. I think we win at least 18 or 19 games before the SECt. I don't think we will make the NCAAt and maybe not the NIT depending on how we finish down the stretch. I too am very concerned with the staffs inability to fill our two remaining spots. So I call it like it is.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Danny J on June 06, 2015, 08:29:42 pm
Here is my $.02. We are not got to be .500 or below. That is simply not going to happen. I think we win at least 18 or 19 games before the SECt. I don't think we will make the NCAAt and maybe not the NIT depending on how we finish down the stretch. I too am very concerned with the staffs inability to fill our two remaining spots. So I call it like it is.
And I personally see nothing wrong with what you just stated. Big difference in what you said and the stupidity that has been spewed on here nonstop for the last 3 months.

Hawg Red

I'd be absolutely shocked if we ever had a losing season under Anderson. Has never happened under his watch and recruiting will never be that bad. Ever. I'm with Danny in that I think we'll around 19 games. I do think we'll make the NIT. But no way we have a losing season or even close. I'm looking at next season as a developmental year for the players that will come back the next season, and if we happen to make the tournament....great! Just too many things that need to go right for me to feel good about our tournament chances.

I've complained about what I view as the staff's unpreparedness when Portis and Qualls left, and thankfully, no one has to worry about that next season because we have 4-6 spots to fill so the staff can and looks to be swinging for the fences on some good talent. No worry about spots not being open this class.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WorfHog on June 06, 2015, 08:29:20 pm
I think there is a subset of Hogville members who would celebrate that and use it as ammunition against CMA. Mike had a better a season last year than CBB. I trust CBB and CMA to develop our three and four star talent. A lot of people don't give CMA that same trust. Why is that?

You asked, so I'll answer.

The difference I see is that the roster talent on the FB team has clearly gone up, even during the difficult beginning of the CBB tenure, with tangible signs of further improvement.

As has been correctly pointed out, the BB Hogs just finished the greatest year in 20 something years, yet this staff has whiffed on every shot the've had to replace the serious talent drain the've just experienced in this spring signing period.

Last signing class in football was Top 20 or close, after three of the roughest years in a long time.  Last signing class for BB was Top 40???!!!, after the best year in twent years.

Can you not grasp that simple truth?

The talent on next year's team is going down, and by a significant amount.  IMO that should NOT be happening this far into his tenure.  It's not a complicated issue, really.  As I've said before I'm 100% sure Mike himself would tell you he's at least a little disapointed by the spring signees.

I guess that would make him a racist, huh?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Danny J on June 06, 2015, 08:29:42 pm

I agree, I don't think we're crashing.  And even though I won't be happy dropping back down in year five, if it's a temporary glitch I'll be happy with Mike.

And even though AS A FAN I want better, Mike has earned patience.  It has definitely NOT earned him a spot in the realm of "above criticism".

And it's stupid for anyone to say that criticism is due to racism.  Beyond stupid, actually.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 06, 2015, 09:28:04 pm

The difference I see is that the roster talent on the FB team has clearly gone up, even during the difficult beginning of the CBB tenure, with tangible signs of further improvement.

As has been correctly pointed out, the BB Hogs just finished the greatest year in 20 something years, yet this staff has whiffed on every shot the've had to replace the serious talent drain the've just experienced in this spring signing period.

Last signing class in football was Top 20 or close, after three of the roughest years in a long time.  Last signing class for BB was Top 40???!!!, after the best year in twent years.

The talent on next year's team is going down, and by a significant amount.  IMO that should NOT be happening this far into his tenure.  It's not a complicated issue, really.  As I've said before I'm 100% sure Mike himself would tell you he's at least a little disapointed by the spring signees.

Both teams in football and basketball have challenges going into next season. One of our primary positions still lacks the big play running back. Collins and Williams are solid but can they make that take it to the house play.

There are challenges on both teams but I have no doubt the staff and players will respond. The hogs are only one player away and they might just get him this weekend. Things are not as dark as many are making it regarding the upcoming basketball season.

Swinesong1

So when you say "enough" should that not include this thread?

WarPig88

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 05, 2015, 08:40:40 am
We just finished the best season we've had in 20 years and all some of you can do is whine. You've given up on this team five months before the season even starts.

You want to rag on recruiting? Want to hammer Mike Anderson? Want to downgrade this team? Fine, go ahead. I can't stop you from doing it anywhere - except here.

If you choose to try, your summer will not be spent logging into Hogville. It will take me much less time to moderate your ramblings than it will you to type them.

Thank you so much.

I want to enjoy the memory of this season until something actually changes in the future.

azhog10

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 06, 2015, 09:28:04 pm

When you don't win a single SEC game it's not hard to improve. Mike has improved every year. The talent he's bringing in Match his system better than other coaches. CBP brought in better WR's but that isn't CBB system. It's easy to assume our DLine and LBs won't be as good this year. Hard for me to say we improved at those spots till the season comes and we see for ourself. Your issues with mike have nothing to do with the actual success or lack of success. You would butch no matter what he did.

sloot

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 06, 2015, 06:27:53 pm
They're all Razorbacks. I'll side with players and coaches every day of the week over a "fan" who - in the same breath that he professes to be one, sees nothing wrong with criticizing those he is a "fan" of.

Let's suppose we sign this kid, and he wins a game for us. Guarantee some of those criticizing him will be cheering him then. What they need to be doing is shutting the hell up. All in, or all out.

Fans come in all shapes and sizes. Expectations vary widely amongst them. Some are happy regardless of the outcome and will never complain whatsoever. Opposing them are fans with what appear to be unreasonably high expectations that will argue about anything and everything. Between those poles, there is still more variation. Level of attachment to the team also varies. Some live and die with the outcome of games, scour the web for whatever bit of news they can find between games and seasons, and most of their conversations revolve around the team. More casual fans are just happy to catch a game here and there and don't have the same sort of emotional ties. There's no single archetype of what a fan is or isn't, and a all in or all out attitude, dictating that only a true fan does x, y, and z, and the like will only serve to enforce your favored fan type and alienate all the others, leaving only groupthink to thrive.

I have never understood the all in or all out view; it's pretty much equivalent to the you're either with us, or you're against us rhetoric that's often heard. If it were universalized, there would never be pressure for a failing coach or GM to be fired by any fanbase and discussion here and across fandom boards would slowly die out. For me, skepticism is healthy, whether it be in sports, politics and economics, or within the hard sciences. That's not to say that skepticism is unyielding negativity, derailing threads, or having a generally crappy disposition. That's something else entirely.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on June 07, 2015, 12:44:22 pm
Your issues with mike have nothing to do with the actual success or lack of success. You would butch no matter what he did.

You couldn't be more wrong if your butt was tied on backwards.

I actually have a lot more problem with the loyal army of Mike sycophants that I do Mike.`

jjdlc

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 06, 2015, 09:40:07 pm
I agree, I don't think we're crashing.  And even though I won't be happy dropping back down in year five, if it's a temporary glitch I'll be happy with Mike.

And even though AS A FAN I want better, Mike has earned patience.  It has definitely NOT earned him a spot in the realm of "above criticism".

And it's stupid for anyone to say that criticism is due to racism.  Beyond stupid, actually.

This I can whole heartedly agree with, every word.

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 07, 2015, 04:31:53 pm
I actually have a lot more problem with the loyal army of Mike sycophants that I do Mike.

Then you post this.  I don't think the army of Mike sycophants is quite as large as you believe it is.  Sure, there are a few "Mike can do no wrong" types, just like there are a few "Mike can do no right" types.  Most fall in the category of being happy with the progress so far, so don't see any real reason to gripe, yet.  If we miss the NCAA tourney the next two years, I'm quite sure there will be plenty of fans calling for his head.

My overall opinion is this... I'm fairly happy with the progress so far, there has been steady improvement from a team that was in the absolute toilet when CMA got hired.  I would have liked to have made the NCAA tourney by last season, but I understand that making the field is not as easy as it used to be.  I expect us to take a step back next year, but I don't believe it will be anywhere near as bad as .500 that some are claiming.  I think we'll see some players step up who haven't done a lot to this point, the two players we have coming in at this point are nothing to sneeze at either. 

I have not been happy with CMAs recruiting overall, but it has gotten better since he arrived, and he did land two very good players this year to replace ones we lost.  This late period has not been great, but late period signing is always a crap shoot, so it's hard for me to get too upset about it.  I am not a fan of the idea of over signing based on the possibility of one or more players possibly leaving early.  What happens if they decide to stay.  I don't like the idea of a coach gambling with a players scholarship.

The main thing that gets me agitated, and posting when I shouldn't, is the posters here that insist that CMA was a nostalgia hire, completely disregarding his accomplishments at UAB and Mizzery.  That kind of stuff just smacks of agenda.

On Willy Kousassi...  He isn't a recruit that makes me go wow, however, if we are going to have open scholarships, I can absolutely there being benefits to bringing him in.  There isn't much downside since he's only going to be taking a scholarship anyway.  Watching his video though, he looks to be a good defender, and that could be a real benefit to a team that is most likely going to look very different in play next season.  CMAs style is designed around turning defense into offense, I think we may be a stronger defensive team next season.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I just want to let next season play out before we start labeling it a disaster.

Breems

We need a basketball forum and then a forum for Mike Anderson.

The posters who must war over the coach 24/7 can stick to the Mike Anderson forum and the rest can stay here and discuss basketball.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />