Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enough

Started by WilsonHog, June 05, 2015, 08:40:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

We just finished the best season we've had in 20 years and all some of you can do is whine. You've given up on this team five months before the season even starts.

You want to rag on recruiting? Want to hammer Mike Anderson? Want to downgrade this team? Fine, go ahead. I can't stop you from doing it anywhere - except here.

If you choose to try, your summer will not be spent logging into Hogville. It will take me much less time to moderate your ramblings than it will you to type them.

HF#1

It's never as bad as it seems.  A lot of changes but we still have the numbers necessary to have a good season.  No reason to be whining.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

cypress rock

I have been wanting to say the same for months. Thanks for doing so! This team had a great year and we need to enjoy it for a little while.

Go Hogs!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 05, 2015, 08:40:40 am
We just finished the best season we've had in 20 years and all some of you can do is whine. You've given up on this team five months before the season even starts.

You want to rag on recruiting? Want to hammer Mike Anderson? Want to downgrade this team? Fine, go ahead. I can't stop you from doing it anywhere - except here.

If you choose to try, your summer will not be spent logging into Hogville. It will take me much less time to moderate your ramblings than it will you to type them.

YEAH!!! About damn time!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

elkhog

Something must have happened.  What did I miss?
GO HOGS!!!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: elkhog on June 05, 2015, 09:51:28 am
Something must have happened.  What did I miss?

Guys are whining about guys whining.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TRUHOG718

I made a thread on this very topic and a moderator locked it and sent it to wherever it is that threads go to die. How ironic.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

rzrbackramsfan

Thank you. 

Looking forward to the Hogs looking like a version of the Warriors next year with lots of guys looking to pass and players able to knock down shots.  Bell, Whitt, and Hannahs are going to be our version of the splash brothers. 

hawginbigd1

Herein lies the problem, there was a whole ton more perception of these things happening than reality.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on June 05, 2015, 11:21:04 am
Herein lies the problem, there was a whole ton more perception of these things happening than reality.

No, the problem is that over the last few days I've seen comments in other forums about how bad Jump has become, and I've started receiving PMs asking that I please clean it up.

So I'm going to.

azhog10

LOL this is funny. Your preception doesn't align with reality.

redneckfriend

So now there is only one line- the party line? No, I don't agree with going after Mike Anderson because much of what is happening is beyond his control. In my mind it is no coincidence that one of college basketball's best coaches left for the pros recently. Billy Donovan, once, in addition to being a great coach, was one of the best recruiters, didn't make the tournament this year and that fact encapsulates the story. College basketball has changed and not in a way that presages good news for Arkansas' hopes in the future(or for teams like Arkansas). There will be fan frustration because that is really all fans have in the end when things don't go well- and there will be finger pointing- even if inappropriate at times. Last year we made the tournament and won a game- not a very high bar when people remember 1994. Then we lost the two or three key players on that team so next year does not look bright. To argue (or rather to dictate by fiat) that it does isn't going to change reality.

wheelspigharvey

In March, everyone was on here asking "where are the haters now," they were clearly just out moving the goalposts.

Top 40* recruiting class per ESPN with two 4* guys who have been committed for awhile.  Already, save for one walk-on (who contributes) and a JUCO, we have a roster of 3* only guys and above.  More guys on our radar, each of whom have something to bring to the table, who have us in their list of possible schools (Outlaw, Leon, Kouassi) than we have spots, but "Mike can't recruit" because we didn't do it the way you said we should.

Best regular season since the 90's, "well it was a weak SEC, we should have won even more games."

First tournament win in however many seasons, "well it should have happened by year three and it doesn't matter because one appearance in 5 years isn't enough." 

(And on that point, if you're still sore about missing the tournament in the second or third year, you should really get over it or find another team because that's way in the past and it just can't be changed.  You wanna hold that above this staff's head forever, you're never going to be happy with the results he gets.  That's why you'll be branded as a hater.  You wanna talk about "oh if it were any other coach you wouldn't love him as much."  If it were any other program, people have been stoked last season to finally have something, anything, to show for the work these kids had been putting in for so long.  That team played with heart, they didn't make it where they wanted to go, but that team's progress made this year possible--but I guess that's not really relevant since Mike doesn't actually make progress we just lower the standards.)

People want to talk about lowering the bar for expectations.  What really happens is that when the team meets them, a few people decide those expectations were never high enough to begin with. 

*40, not 30.  The point still stands as b-ball rankings are also based on class size.

HawgWild

Let's all take some time off and watch a little Hawgball on the baseball diamond!

TomBigBeeHog

Thank you!  ;D  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

aar0n

Boy you sure have some balls hanging out this close to a moderator.  It's like the town druggie/thief hanging out right outside the police station. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Been waiting for this.  I cringe every time I even click on Jump Ball, not because of what's happening with the team (Love Coach A, and all the players that want to be Razorbacks), but rather because of some of the so called fans.  Give all of us a bad name and then people think this is the typical Razorback fan.  It is not.  Thanks Tom.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

secfan30

The trolls with agendas ruining threads again.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on June 05, 2015, 12:26:19 pm
In March, everyone was on here asking "where are the haters now," they were clearly just out moving the goalposts.

Top 40* recruiting class per ESPN with two 4* guys who have been committed for awhile.  Already, save for one walk-on (who contributes) and a JUCO, we have a roster of 3* only guys and above.  More guys on our radar, each of whom have something to bring to the table, who have us in their list of possible schools (Outlaw, Leon, Kouassi) than we have spots, but "Mike can't recruit" because we didn't do it the way you said we should.

blah blah blah

Shorter wheelspigharvey
  Recruiting is great
  Coaching is great
  SEC is strong
  Off court stuff is great.

But we still can't make it past the 1st round of the tournament after 4 years. All the elements are supposedly great but we're not achieving the goal.  Not sure why this is?

Breems

^ Missed one, Tom.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

SexyBeast77

June 05, 2015, 03:53:48 pm #20 Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:13:31 pm by SexyBeast77
In the adult world Breems you could argue the points on Merit.  We have to be allowed to criticize and discuss the aspects of the program above or what is a Basketball forum for.  You and FCJ have been replaced by much better Pro-Mike Spinmeisters anyways, at least they try to argue the (selective) facts.
  To me the people that are trolls are the ones that just post: blah blah Agenda, haters, variations on you're dumb (You're 12 etc),  troll, go away, ban this person, you got owned, you're failing etc. This contributes nothing. Argue your point rather than trying to silence critics with bans.  Shouldn't be hard if we're really so dumb.

chiefhawg

Thank you

arkansasrazorback

Well I will stay in forums where all opinions are allowed. 

GlassofSwine

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on June 05, 2015, 03:53:48 pm
In the adult world Breems you could argue the points on Merit.  We have to be allowed to criticize and discuss the aspects of the program above or what is a Basketball forum for.  You and FCJ have been replaced by much better Pro-Mike Spinmeisters anyways, at least they try to argue the (selective) facts.
  To me the people that are trolls are the ones that just post: blah blah Agenda, haters, variations on you're dumb (You're 12 etc),  troll, go away, ban this person, you got owned, you're failing etc. This contributes nothing. Argue your point rather than trying to silence critics with bans.  Shouldn't be hard if we're really so dumb.

You were spewing the same stuff before MA was hired.  If MA pulled off a miracle and made the elite 8 next year you would still be posting that he peaked and everything is downhill. Your not here to discuss the merits of his coaching and recruiting. You are here to bash him because you didn't like the hire.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TrueBlue

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on June 05, 2015, 05:41:28 pm
Well I will stay in forums where all opinions are allowed. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on June 05, 2015, 03:34:43 pm
Shorter wheelspigharvey
  Recruiting is great
  Coaching is great
  SEC is strong

But we still can't make it past the 1st round of the tournament after 4 years. All the elements are supposedly great but we're not achieving the goal.  Not sure why this is?
Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel!

panhandlepig

Enough already for real. Our baseball team won today. Focus on them winning tomorrow and getting to Omaha.

There is plenty of time to fret over basketball. Now is not the time. Branch out a little, enjoy the good things in life..jeez. GO HOGS

Porked Tongue

These threads are magnets to the targeted audience.

HoopS

Quote from: Porked Tongue on June 05, 2015, 07:49:29 pm
These threads are magnets to the targeted audience.
mostly. There's always a few of them who see the bait and hook and slip back into the swamp waters and wait for another day. They've figured out how to stick around and only be a nuisance when the wrong Gator hunters are in the area.

Choot'em! Choot'em!

TomasPistola

Quote from: HawgWild on June 05, 2015, 12:28:03 pm
Let's all take some time off and watch a little Hawgball on the baseball diamond!

No no no. Keep the braindeads outta EI.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on June 05, 2015, 03:34:43 pm
Shorter wheelspigharvey
  Recruiting is great
  Coaching is great
  SEC is strong

We made it out of the 1st round of the tournament, genius.

You guys whining that "criticism isn't allowed anymore" just don't get it.  It's like some kid going up and down the rows of desks tongue kissing all the girls every morning and then whining about the teacher not allowing him to be friendly anymore.  You are ridiculous.

Nobody was out to reign in the criticism until you guys ran around vomiting all over yourselves and ruining the entire forum because you have no self-control.  Learn how to behave in public and maybe you won't ruin it for everyone next time.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on June 05, 2015, 03:04:48 pm
I agree with this. If there is no criticism allowed in a Basketball Discussion Forum, then the Forum becomes at best a Shameless Pep Rally and at worst a Propaganda Machine (as MSNBC is for Obama, Hogville would be for Mike Anderson)
I don't think you'll have to worry about that much longer.

WorfHog

A shortlist for bans should be anyone using the words "objective" or "realist" to describe themselves when their opinions are neither objective nor based in reality.

GatorHog

We need entirely new personnel to gripe about, don't you guys get it?

orgkeith

How many did you actually have to pull the plug on?  Kind of funny when 1% of fans think the basketball program is in the tank after a 27 win season and post it so much it seems like a higher percentage.

Nipsey Mussle

Thank you, good posters will eventually come back once each and every thread stops getting derailed and ruined.

BenDial

I'll nix that Rand Paul sig I was about to add.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: redneckfriend on June 05, 2015, 11:50:48 am
So now there is only one line- the party line? No, I don't agree with going after Mike Anderson because much of what is happening is beyond his control. In my mind it is no coincidence that one of college basketball's best coaches left for the pros recently. Billy Donovan, once, in addition to being a great coach, was one of the best recruiters, didn't make the tournament this year and that fact encapsulates the story. College basketball has changed and not in a way that presages good news for Arkansas' hopes in the future(or for teams like Arkansas). There will be fan frustration because that is really all fans have in the end when things don't go well- and there will be finger pointing- even if inappropriate at times. Last year we made the tournament and won a game- not a very high bar when people remember 1994. Then we lost the two or three key players on that team so next year does not look bright. To argue (or rather to dictate by fiat) that it does isn't going to change reality.

"All that can be said has been said, just not all have said it yet."
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hogimus Prime

Just shut up and drink the kool aid

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on June 06, 2015, 09:10:59 am
Just shut up and drink the kool aid

Not at all. Think as you wish. What some of y'all fail to realize is that most posters simply do not want to read negative opinions constantly. Not any different than if you sat down at a bar, struck up a conversation, and no one else enjoyed it.

porkinsons disease

Funny that this forum is getting "cleaned up" after no more FCJ and his 3 year "reign of terror" on anyone that had a differing opinion on CMA.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

TexArkHogFan

Isn't it amazing how the decisions made by two young men can change the perspective of many as to our immediate future in basketball.  Had Qualls and Portis elected to stay, there would be no vacancies to fill or talk about and all the discussion would be about our chances to make the final four next year.  The one thing I learned in my Navy days is no matter how big or important one felt about someone, the Navy is always in a turnover mode with frequent transfers, etc.  Put your hand in a bucket of water and see how the water rises, but take it out and see how it returns to its original state.  Such as it with the Hogs. There will always be someone to take your place and sometimes do the job better than you.   We will be fine as long as we have a solid foundation to build on.  I think we do.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 06, 2015, 10:22:28 am
Not at all. Think as you wish. What some of y'all fail to realize is that most posters simply do not want to read negative opinions constantly. Not any different than if you sat down at a bar, struck up a conversation, and no one else enjoyed it.
Guess what?  Some of us do not want to read positive opinions constantly when we do not believe there is much positive going on.  Coming off one of our best seasons in forever shouldn't leave us scrambling for recruits and missing.  Hopefully we will make the tournament next year.  I see no way of it happening when the rest of the SEC is actually recruiting.

WilsonHog

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on June 06, 2015, 11:31:55 am
Guess what?  Some of us do not want to read positive opinions constantly when we do not believe there is much positive going on.  Coming off one of our best seasons in forever shouldn't leave us scrambling for recruits and missing.  Hopefully we will make the tournament next year.  I see no way of it happening when the rest of the SEC is actually recruiting.

Yes, but....you're in the minority.

grayhawg

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on June 06, 2015, 11:31:55 am
And some had all the junior high stuff they could handle and left.

WilsonHog

Quote from: grayhawg on June 06, 2015, 12:05:18 pm
And some had all the junior high stuff they could handle and left.

Exactly. EI is the best forum on Hogville; not because we always agree, but because we agree on how we'll disagree. There is a decorum to be followed, an expectation.

WorfHog

With fans like these who needs rivals? On behalf of those fighting the good fight the last couple months, thank you!

Just an FYI, some of the stuff these "fans" are getting away with in the basketball recruiting forum would be bans if they were talking about football recruits.

Swinesong1

Quote from: WorfHog on June 06, 2015, 12:58:41 pm
With fans like these who needs rivals? On behalf of those fighting the good fight the last couple months, thank you!

Just an FYI, some of the stuff these "fans" are getting away with in the basketball recruiting forum would be bans if they were talking about football recruits.
Well said!