Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scholarships?

Started by RacinRazorback, May 18, 2015, 02:09:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RacinRazorback

How many unfilled scholarships do we have?

Hawg Red

UNCLE BACK

3 with Portis, Qualls and Nick Babb...

Hawg Red

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 18, 2015, 02:52:36 pm
3 with Portis, Qualls and Nick Babb...

Harris + Madden + Portis + Qualls + Babb - Whitt - Kapita - Thomas = 2.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 18, 2015, 02:54:34 pm
Harris + Madden + Portis + Qualls + Babb - Whitt - Kapita - Thomas = 2.
Thomas the transfer will count against us in 2015?

Marshfieldhog

What do we have like 10 players who can play next year? An injury or two and WOW, shouldn't have numbers problems like this in year 5. Look for a Dee Wagner signing any day now.

Hawg Red

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 18, 2015, 03:37:32 pm
Thomas the transfer will count against us in 2015?

Yes. He's not walking on as a redshirt.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on May 18, 2015, 03:39:45 pm
What do we have like 10 players who can play next year? An injury or two and WOW, shouldn't have numbers problems like this in year 5. Look for a Dee Wagner signing any day now.

And one of our incoming players has a major injury concern. Barely played this season because of a nerve injury in his hip. Sounds like something that could be reoccurring.

hogman99

That's ok, it's year 5 and the staff deserves a rebuilding year. Heard on the interview with CMA at the golf course that he's glad Hannah is there to compete with Bell for the 3 point shooter spot.  I guess only one will play at a time based on that logic. Heaven forbid our 2 best shooters are on the court at the same time. That is not how the fastest40 style works.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: hogman99 on May 18, 2015, 03:51:41 pm
That's ok, it's year 5 and the staff deserves a rebuilding year. Heard on the interview with CMA at the golf course that he's glad Hannah is there to compete with Bell for the 3 point shooter spot.  I guess only one will play at a time based on that logic. Heaven forbid our 2 best shooters are on the court at the same time. That is not how the fastest40 style works.
Do I sense a bit of Sarcasm?

hogman99

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 18, 2015, 03:54:08 pm
Do I sense a bit of Sarcasm?

I think I am to the point of apathy.

It is tough to say that, but it is like tearing off a bandaid. It hurts for a few minutes when it first happens, but then you can relax and move on to other things that causes less stress because nothing you do or say will change anything.

UNCLE BACK

Jimmy Whitt is big time... Lets hope he can get about 18 ppg

poloprince

11 guys is plenty to play with in a game of 5 on 5. Can you explain the numbers problem?
$PoLoPrInCe$

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: poloprince on May 18, 2015, 07:34:39 pm
11 guys is plenty to play with in a game of 5 on 5. Can you explain the numbers problem?

If you are strictly looking at numbers, not a problem.  If you are looking at players who can make an impact, we currently have 10 players eligible to play.  The Colorado transfer has to sit out a year.  Of those ten, I count only two who can make a difference, Beard and Whitt.  While Whitt is only a freshman, he certainly has all the tools to be a difference maker.  Hannah, I don't know.  He came from a Power Five conference team and he may well shoot it lights out.  I sure hope so.  The rest of them are streaky at best or may have the potential but we won't know until the season gets underway.  So far, none of them have shown any consistency that will give you between 20 and 30 minutes of good, sound basketball.  Kapita may have some health issues but if he is healthy, he could be a factor.  But, to be successful you need 8 to 10 players you can rely on.  So far, I haven't seen it. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

latrops

Quote from: poloprince on May 18, 2015, 07:34:39 pm

Depends on how you play and who you play with.  I don't know what to expect from Thompson, Miles, and Kapita.  I hope they are all healthy and ready to contribute.  Miles and Thompson did nothing last year, though, and Miles and Kapita are both coming off injury plagued seasons.  Beyond that, we have no real SF types.  Williams is athletic and versatile enough to defend about anyone except good post players, but his offense is unreliable at best, and comical at worst.  We are deep at guard, but none are taller than 6'3" and only Whitt and possibly Beard are thought to be potentially dynamic players. 

I guess the point is, yeah, 10 or 11 is enough if they are all healthy and competent.  For us to have a full 11, we have to assume health and competency from a handful of players that lacked one or both of those attributes last season.

One good 20+ minute worthy SF recruit would probably make the roster much easier to manage.

TexArkHogFan

If worse comes to worse, I work the late night drive thru at a liquor store.  Help is always close by. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hogsanity

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 18, 2015, 04:10:29 pm
Jimmy Whitt is big time... Lets hope he can get about 18 ppg

Lets see, Bobby Portis, secpoty as a soph, only averaged 12 a game as a freshman, so now we are going to have to count on Whitt to average 6 more than that in his freshman year. That is not a great plan.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE