Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New rule proposals

Started by jry04, May 15, 2015, 12:59:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 16, 2015, 06:38:16 pm
I like them all........The other I would change would be no time-out called by the team trying to inbound once the ball is jaded to the player trying to inbound it. Why penalize a team for playing good defense.
No different than calling a TO if you are trapped or to avoid being tied up. If you have possession you can call a TO any time.

WarPig88

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 16, 2015, 06:27:39 pm
That's what I figured. Hearsay, & no real substance.

So Nolan Richardson was only rumored to have coached here? What a tard.

The only one SPECULATING is you.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: WarPig88 on May 16, 2015, 07:38:05 pm
So Nolan Richardson was only rumored to have coached here? What a tard.

The only one SPECULATING is you.

Where Nolan has coached wasn't the topic. I've cited quotes and provided reasoning about the rule changes. You're just changing topics so as to feed your need to argue.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 16, 2015, 09:47:57 pm
Where Nolan has coached wasn't the topic. I've cited quotes and provided reasoning about the rule changes. You're just changing topics so as to feed your need to argue.

What was hearsay about that though? Youve stated some stuff, yes, but I'm not sure if you know what hearsay means.

rzrbackramsfan

I think your idea of a coach being able to completely chabge styles to adjust is kind of like saying a growth investor can shift to being just as good of a value investor.  That analogy may not resonate but I think it's pretty dead on.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 16, 2015, 10:07:35 pm
What was hearsay about that though? Youve stated some stuff, yes, but I'm not sure if you know what hearsay means.

Ubsubstantiated information. Re-read the dialogue.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 16, 2015, 06:44:32 pm
No different than calling a TO if you are trapped or to avoid being tied up. If you have possession you can call a TO any time.

Slightly different in that the clock hasn't started yet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Knot2brite

Quote from: azhog10 on May 15, 2015, 08:03:44 pm
They should add a shot clock in high school.
Absolutely not...99% of the kids playing high school ball aren't going to play college ball and some teams are able to compete by controlling the ball and slowing the game down ....
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kevin

45 second shot clock in high school would be great
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Knot2brite

Quote from: Kevin on May 17, 2015, 12:41:47 pm
45 second shot clock in high school would be great
Ok I could see that
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required