Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grad Transfer Willy Kouassi

Started by -Blu, April 19, 2015, 10:15:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on May 26, 2015, 03:28:22 pm
bra, really, people use that, really???

Seemed like an appropriate sarcastic addition there, bra.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 26, 2015, 03:25:26 pm
Didn't answer my question, there, bra.

Can we get a perspective here folks?

We are getting a tingly feeling about a kid that was a part time player at Kennesaw State!!??

Do we really believe this is how a quality, perennial Top 20 CBB team is built?

REALLY??

No one's talking about getting a tingly feeling. But it's late in the game here, very late, and this guy looks like he can help out some. Defense translates and he's a big body. He's no one's first choice, but he's a one-year and doesn't tie of a scholarship going forward. It's likely him or no one, so he sounds better than no one. I get your point, and I know exactly where you're coming from, but we need to some immediate help, and I think this guy could help. He'll carry 5 fouls with him, he's athletic, and he can defend. There's value there. And, again, doesn't tie up a scholarship after this coming season.

jry04

We are getting a tingly feeling about a kid that was a part time player at Kennesaw State!!??

REALLY??
"Tingly feeling?"

I already said I have no idea how good this kid is. I have never seen him play. I do not have an opinion on him. However, he is eligible immediately, and will not take up a scholarship for 4 years.

And as for the "bra" comment, you are either an immature college kid, or you have me pegged for the wrong person.

-Blu

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 26, 2015, 03:22:35 pm
Who's minutes do you see him getting?  Trey?   A back up to Moses or do you see him starting?  Stats are 6 points and 6 boards at a Div 2 school doesn't jump off the page at you.

Hawg Red already answered, but I agree with him, the ideal situation would be him backing up Kingsley and splitting minutes with Thompson.  I could see a scenario where Kingsley plays around 20 MPG, Kouassi plays around 10-15 MPG, and Thompson plays the rest of those available minutes at that 5 spot. 

Or if Thompson has really improved and demands more minutes, which would be a huge jump for him, you could always go big and play 2 of those guys at once.  If you have too many bigs demanding minutes that's a really good problem to have.  But, just taking an educated guess I don't think it will get to that point, the first scenario seems more likely.

azhog10

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 26, 2015, 03:29:52 pm
Not much of what you've had to say has been appropriate or even relevant. No one is saying this guy is going to come in and take us back to the NCAAT. Most of what folks are trying to provide is information about who we are bringing in to try and fill our last two scholarships, and why they think it's not a bad idea. Most have pointed out that 2016 is going to HOPEFULLY be a big year for us recruiting wise. We seem to be "in" or going after a lot of big names and there's no sense in tying up a scholly for four years when you have much much better talent to choose from next year. So you bring in a guy who has been named Def player of the year in his conference and fills a position of need. No one expects much of anything from him offensively but defense does translate and being able to provide us with another long big to go behind Moses and Trey will only help.

I'm sure I've wasted my time posting this but it would be great for people to reserve judgement on this class till after it's all over. Then you can bash away and I'm sure no matter the outcome next season you will do it all over again. But at least allow this class to finish before you rip it apart.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 26, 2015, 03:30:18 pm
No one's talking about getting a tingly feeling. But it's late in the game here, very late, and this guy looks like he can help out some. Defense translates and he's a big body. He's no one's first choice, but he's a one-year and doesn't tie of a scholarship going forward. It's likely him or no one, so he sounds better than no one. I get your point, and I know exactly where you're coming from, but we need to some immediate help, and I think this guy could help. He'll carry 5 fouls with him, he's athletic, and he can defend. There's value there. And, again, doesn't tie up a scholarship after this coming season.

Yes, definitely getting a wee bit of a tingly feeling there.  Good spin, though.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

-Blu

REALLY??

I don't think you've seen anyone say they "get a tingly feeling" about Kouassi.  But, he's a veteran guy that can come in and contribute next year without tying up a scholarship in 2016.  A lot of people just look at stats and base their entire opinion on that, the numbers don't always tell the entire story, everybody on the team can't average 15 PPG.  And defense, unlike scoring, translates to any level.

Look at guys like Manny Watkins and Fred Gulley, you could probably put them on any D1 team in America and they probably wouldn't average double figure in scoring, they are just not guys that score the ball.  And looking it another way, you can put them on any D1 team in America and they will probably be one of the hardest workers and better defenders on the team.  If Kouassi can just come in and work hard and play defense, that's well worth the scholarship, because as of right now we only really have 1 proven rim protector.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: -Blu on May 26, 2015, 04:14:42 pm
I don't think you've seen anyone say they "get a tingly feeling" about Kouassi.  But, he's a veteran guy that can come in and contribute next year without tying up a scholarship in 2016.  A lot of people just look at stats and base their entire opinion on that, the numbers don't always tell the entire story, everybody on the team can't average 15 PPG.  And defense, unlike scoring, translates to any level.

Look at guys like Manny Watkins and Fred Gulley, you could probably put them on any D1 team in America and they probably wouldn't average double figure in scoring, they are just not guys that score the ball.  And looking it another way, you can put them on any D1 team in America and they will probably be one of the hardest workers and better defenders on the team.  If Kouassi can just come in and work hard and play defense, that's well worth the scholarship, because as of right now we only really have 1 proven rim protector.

Blu-, you are again on target.

But I didn't say anyone SAID they were getting a tingly feeling.  That was what I detected when I saw post after post telling us how good it was to get this kid, yours among them.

And, yes, that may be true, but if it is it's not because this kid is going to be some difference maker next year, but rather the depths of our current desperation to find players to fill the gap.

Again, where's the perspective?  The last two recruits you and others have spun the thing to get the most positive out of the situation you can, when there's not that much to get excited about re: either addition.

LA Football fan

Need a solid rebounder.  He seems to fit that mold.  Scoring is going to be a problem whether we sign him or not.  Better to at least have another solid defender/rebounder to keep second chance points to a minimum.  We have to have someone that can go in and give Kingsley a break without giving up too much by him being on the bench.  This seems to be a welcome addition that will give MA that option.

Anything above that is just icing on the cake.  Our scoring is going to be from our guards with some trash buckets here and there from our bigs.  Expecting anything else right now is just wishful thinking.  Hopefully Kingsley does improve his offense as well as Thompson.   We have enough experience coming back that they should be able to improve.  The question will be how much until we get to see them in action this fall.  Defense should be solid so that will be a definite plus heading into next year.  Just have to find enough points from players that haven't been counted on up to this point.  Should be interesting to say the least to see who steps up their scoring next year.

WarPig88

Quote from: -Blu on May 26, 2015, 02:35:02 pm
I'm sure he's not just being brought in for practices purposes.  We can grab anybody to do that. He's way better than that.  He's actually the all-time leader in blocks at Kennesaw, defensive player of the year in that league, and he's a former top 66 recruit.  He's just not an offensive player, which jry04 made a good comparison in Steven Hill.  I would assume his role would be to come off the bench to bring energy and defense, like a 6'10 Manny Watkins.

He really represents a win/win is all I am saying. If he contributes in games, great. If he doesn't he is still a big body for our young developing players to go up against in practice.

Danny J

Quote from: WarPig88 on May 26, 2015, 06:07:43 pm
He really represents a win/win is all I am saying. If he contributes in games, great. If he doesn't he is still a big body for our young developing players to go up against in practice.
AND he only ties up a scholly for one year and as posted above it is better to have that extra body than a empty seat.

fineswine

Quote from: WarPig88 on May 26, 2015, 06:07:43 pm
I have to hand it to you; the recruiting bar for Coach Anderson has been set so low it is virtually impossible for him to fail at it.  Thank goodness Portis was going to be a hog regardless of who was the coach or the reality would actually set in for the Anderson cheering squad.  This staff has failed at every level when it comes to recruiting.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 26, 2015, 03:29:52 pm
do you wear a man bra?

Kevin

Quote from: jry04 on May 26, 2015, 02:54:37 pm
I do not know much about this kid, and certainly have never seen him play. However, this is just a silly statement. I am not saying this kid will be any good, but you do not follow college basketball much if you think some of these one bid leagues cannot produce good talent.

Why are you making a general statement. The kid from Georgia state is going in the first round.

Kennesaw state is now going on there 3rd coach in 3 years. They are terrible. The league is a low major league.

If any coach not named Anderson was bringing this type of player in, this place would be going crazy, but it not now.

This is why there are people like me, get annoyed. You guys have put coach Anderson on a pedestal, he can do no wrong.

Again a coach above the program
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WarPig88

Quote from: Kevin on May 26, 2015, 09:05:09 pm

Why are you making a general statement. The kid from Georgia state is going in the first round.

Kennesaw state is now going on there 3rd coach in 3 years. They are terrible. The league is a low major league.

If any coach not named Anderson was bringing this type of player in, this place would be going crazy, but it not now.

This is why there are people like me, get annoyed. You guys have put coach Anderson on a pedestal, he can do no wrong.

So an unused scholarship is better than a guy who will be gone next season?

Me thinks you have an agenda or are just a hater.

King Kong

Quote from: WarPig88 on May 27, 2015, 12:33:21 am
So an unused scholarship is better than a guy who will be gone next season?

Me thinks you have an agenda or are just a hater.

I agree. This is a kid that has also been pursued by respectable basketball programs like Ole Miss, Memphis, K State, and Pitt. Nobody on this board expects him to be more that a role player.  But should play that role well as he was the Defensive player of the year in his conference.

jry04

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 26, 2015, 04:48:58 pm
Blu-, you are again on target.

But I didn't say anyone SAID they were getting a tingly feeling.  That was what I detected when I saw post after post telling us how good it was to get this kid, yours among them.

And, yes, that may be true, but if it is it's not because this kid is going to be some difference maker next year, but rather the depths of our current desperation to find players to fill the gap.

Again, where's the perspective?  The last two recruits you and others have spun the thing to get the most positive out of the situation you can, when there's not that much to get excited about re: either addition.
You specifically said I was one of the posters getting a "tingly feeling". You just said in this post it was because post after post people were saying how good this kid is going to be.

What is your excuse for saying I am? I clearly said, in this thread, that I have never seen this kid play and have no idea what he is going to be able to do if he comes here. I haven't pumped him up one bit. You aren't making a lot of since, kid.

jry04

The amount of coaches they have gone through is irrelevant. Teams can still have good players with bad coaches. Again, I have never said this kid is good. I have never seen him, so I do not have an opinion.

Also, talk about a general statement. I have been critical of Mike this year. I even went as far to say if he didn't make the NCAAT this year then I will be one of the biggest supporters of firing him. I want him to succeed, and think he can get it done here, but I hardly put him above the program. I was against his extension, too.

HoopS

I do not know a single person who places MA above the program. Now, are some willing to let him bring in who he decides to and sink or swim with those guys? You bet. But make no mistake, if the program starts to shift into a mess and he's not addressing it with what we all see as solid recruiting, you can bet many will become more negatively vocal.

But as of right now, we are coming off of a steady climb in wins and a 27 win season. Everything else coming is merely speculation. You won't get but a handful to join you in your complaints based off of speculation about a season when the roster or schedule aren't even completed and we haven't seen how the group actually looks on the floor.

We know you are frustrated. And there's a handful of others who voice their displeasure daily. We know. We get it. Many of us simply won't be steered into your line of thinking just because you repeat your stance daily. We will continue to see how things play out. If things go off the tracks, you will see plenty of shifting.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on May 27, 2015, 07:51:34 am
You specifically said I was one of the posters getting a "tingly feeling". You just said in this post it was because post after post people were saying how good this kid is going to be.

What is your excuse for saying I am? I clearly said, in this thread, that I have never seen this kid play and have no idea what he is going to be able to do if he comes here. I haven't pumped him up one bit. You aren't making a lot of since, kid.

I'm pretty sure that in that post I wasn't talking specifically at you.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HoopS on May 27, 2015, 08:31:24 am
I do not know a single person who places MA above the program. Now, are some willing to let him bring in who he decides to and sink or swim with those guys? You bet. But make no mistake, if the program starts to shift into a mess and he's not addressing it with what we all see as solid recruiting, you can bet many will become more negatively vocal.

But as of right now, we are coming off of a steady climb in wins and a 27 win season. Everything else coming is merely speculation. You won't get but a handful to join you in your complaints based off of speculation about a season when the roster or schedule aren't even completed and we haven't seen how the group actually looks on the floor.

We know you are frustrated. And there's a handful of others who voice their displeasure daily. We know. We get it. Many of us simply won't be steered into your line of thinking just because you repeat your stance daily. We will continue to see how things play out. If things go off the tracks, you will see plenty of shifting.

Well said. +1
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: HoopS on May 27, 2015, 08:31:24 am
I do not know a single person who places MA above the program. 

This may be true, but I think it's also true that there are definitely some who equate Mike with the program, that the two are not separable.

Thepigdoctor

As long as their aren't major character concerns or chemistry problems, this would be a no risk, all reward addition.

Just because he was team mates with Jacorey means very little. He was with him when he decided to go to Auburn before and iirc we recruited him back then.

Adding some front court depth is huge at this point, especially if he could contribute 10+ mpg. I'd be surprised to see him end up here, surely another program could offer him more minutes. We can only hope this kid is confident in his abilities and willing to come in and win minutes.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic, but I'm not sure I see this one happening.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on May 27, 2015, 10:09:31 am
Just because he was team mates with Jacorey means very little. He was with him when he decided to go to Auburn before and iirc we recruited him back then.

Surely you can see how the circumstances have changed, no? JaCorey's actually had 3 years in Fayetteville that he can tell Willy about. There's a previous relationship there. How good that relationship is, I don't think anyone really knows. But it's possible he could really value JaCorey's opinion.

mhuff

Quote from: King Kong on May 27, 2015, 07:14:53 am
I agree. This is a kid that has also been pursued by respectable basketball programs like Ole Miss, Memphis, K State, and Pitt. Nobody on this board expects him to be more that a role player.  But should play that role well as he was the Defensive player of the year in his conference.

mhuff

Quote from: fineswine on May 26, 2015, 07:01:58 pm
I have to hand it to you; the recruiting bar for Coach Anderson has been set so low it is virtually impossible for him to fail at it.  Thank goodness Portis was going to be a hog regardless of who was the coach or the reality would actually set in for the Anderson cheering squad.  This staff has failed at every level when it comes to recruiting.

I think there are many of us that are frustrated over the late signing period. Still, Whitt and Kapita are great players. I am going to wait until the signing period is over before I judge them. This comes from a person who has thought from time to time that their efforts were negligent. You know you actually have to go to the recruits..... not expect them to come to you. Perhaps the girl's coach could help us with recruiting.

Danny J

Quote from: mhuff on May 27, 2015, 11:04:44 am
I think there are many of us that are frustrated over the late signing period. Still, Whitt and Kapita are great players. I am going to wait until the signing period is over before I judge them. This comes from a person who has thought from time to time that their efforts were negligent. You know you actually have to go to the recruits..... not expect them to come to you. Perhaps the girl's coach could help us with recruiting.
I agree....I am happy with Whitt and Kapita and I am not very happy with how our staff was caught with their pants down and actually surprised we lost Portis and Qualls. They had to know Portis was likely gone and we have had a transfer every year so we should have still been recruiting two players throughout the season instead of resting on the fact we had two commits to take the spots for two seniors.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 27, 2015, 10:12:08 am
Surely you can see how the circumstances have changed, no? JaCorey's actually had 3 years in Fayetteville that he can tell Willy about. There's a previous relationship there. How good that relationship is, I don't think anyone really knows. But it's possible he could really value JaCorey's opinion.

I can see it, hopefully it's a huge factor in him coming here, I just don't think we should over-simplify that relationship. For all we know, the two hate each other.

azhog10

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 27, 2015, 10:06:15 am
This may be true, but I think it's also true that there are definitely some who equate Mike with the program, that the two are not separable.
The two can be separable. However make no mistake this is CMA's program. If and when he leaves it will be the next guys basketball program.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 26, 2015, 03:30:18 pm
You make some very good points.  Not our first choice but someone who can help.  That is probable all we can hope for at this late junction plus he is a Senior and will be gone after one year. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on May 27, 2015, 01:26:58 pm
I agree....I am happy with Whitt and Kapita and I am not very happy with how our staff was caught with their pants down and actually surprised we lost Portis and Qualls. They had to know Portis was likely gone and we have had a transfer every year so we should have still been recruiting two players throughout the season instead of resting on the fact we had two commits to take the spots for two seniors.
Totally agree.  Coaches were very unprepared when those two left early.  Where is all of the proof of the words CMA is always saying we never quit recruiting.  I think what he means is we never quit flying all over the country evaluating and looking.   Big difference between inactive looking and actively recruiting.   Mike needs to hire a very active Recruiting Coordinator to this staff.  A young hungry Coach who really loves to Recruit.   

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on May 27, 2015, 08:29:34 pm
The two can be separable. However make no mistake this is CMA's program. If and when he leaves it will be the next guys basketball program.

Nope, no way.  It is the University of Arkansas' basketball program.  Mike is the man they've chose to lead THEIR program.

And, to make myself clear, the football program is NOT Bret Bielema's either.

Coaches come and go, that's just the way of it.

azhog10

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 28, 2015, 08:15:59 am
Nope, no way.  It is the University of Arkansas' basketball program.  Mike is the man they've chose to lead THEIR program.

Coaches come and go, that's just the way of it.
They come and go, but any coach that ever takes over at ANY school, it becomes THEIR program. I'm not saying they are the U of A. But that is their program. They are responsible for everything in it. If it wasn't their program then it would be hard to praise and blame them for the achievements made. I'm sure we are arguing over the use of the phrase "their program". But anyone who has coached will tell you when they are hired as head coach it is their "specific sports" program.

UNCLE BACK

When is this kid supposed to visit?

Hawg Red

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 28, 2015, 08:15:59 am

It's absolutely CMA's and BB's programs to run as they see fit. Just like DVH, Dykes etc etc etc. Whom ever the HC is its his/her program no doubt about it.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 28, 2015, 07:48:44 am
Totally agree.  Coaches were very unprepared when those two left early.  Where is all of the proof of the words CMA is always saying we never quit recruiting.  I think what he means is we never quit flying all over the country evaluating and looking.   Big difference between inactive looking and actively recruiting.   Mike needs to hire a very active Recruiting Coordinator to this staff.  A young hungry Coach who really loves to Recruit.
I had an interesting conversation yesterday with Jimmy Dykes about this subject. Portis'  girlfriend is one of his players. He said she told him right up until the announcement that Bobby was staying. He said he also knows for a fact that Qualls was planning on coming back until that surge the last few games of the season.

This is what I was hearing all along. Both of those guys sent out strong signals down the stretch that they were coming back.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 30, 2015, 04:57:06 pm
I had an interesting conversation yesterday with Jimmy Dykes about this subject. Portis'  girlfriend is one of his players. He said she told him right up until the announcement that Bobby was staying. He said he also knows for a fact that Qualls was planning on coming back until that surge the last few games of the season.

This is what I was hearing all along. Both of those guys sent out strong signals down the stretch that they were coming back.

MikeIrwin, HaHaHaHa! Why would a player getting picked in the top 20 which as HawgRed stated was over 17 million in guaranteed money to come back to play for free and live in a dorm? You can always return to graduate. Your professional lifespan is very short. You go to college to get a career and that exactly what Portis did.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 30, 2015, 04:57:06 pm

A good coach would have hired a good assistant coach with psychic ability to know the future.  Had MA done this, they wouldn't have been so unprepared.  Just another example of weak assistant coaching staff and HC not getting it done.  Please stop trying to gloss over ineptness by this staff.

chiefhawg

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 30, 2015, 05:08:07 pm
MikeIrwin, HaHaHaHa! Why would a player getting picked in the top 20 which as HawgRed stated was over 17 million in guaranteed money to come back to play for free and live in a dorm? You can always return to graduate. Your professional lifespan is very short. You go to college to get a career and that exactly what Portis did.
That is a good question. Maybe George Niang at Iowa State can answer it.
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46664&SPID=4252&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=205435883&Q_SEASON=2015

Mike Irwin

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 30, 2015, 05:08:07 pm
You seem to have the answer for everything AFTER THE FACT.

Here's what happened BEFORE the fact:

Mike Anderson had two seniors leaving. He went out and found a quality replacement for both. Both Qualls and Portis sent out strong signals that they where coming back. Did Anderson consider that they might change their minds? Of course. But as Dykes (who has actually recruited as opposed to you) pointed out to me how do you convince quality recruits to consider Arkansas if you can't tell them there will be a scholarship for them?

You can HA HA HA HA all you want. Recruits aren't stupid. They know the difference between an outright offer and an offer based the possibility of a kid coming out early.

As for your assumption that it was a no brainer that Portis was gone, you are simply wrong.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 31, 2015, 07:42:36 am
You seem to have the answer for everything AFTER THE FACT.

Here's what happened BEFORE the fact:

Mike Anderson had two seniors leaving. He went out and found a quality replacement for both. Both Qualls and Portis sent out strong signals that they where coming back. Did Anderson consider that they might change their minds? Of course. But as Dykes (who has actually recruited as opposed to you) pointed out to me how do you convince quality recruits to consider Arkansas if you can't tell them there will be a scholarship for them?

You can HA HA HA HA all you want. Recruits aren't stupid. They know the difference between an outright offer and an offer based the possibility of a kid coming out early.

As for your assumption that it was a no brainer that Portis was gone, you are simply wrong.

Says the anonymous sources in Northwest Arkansas. There is more than playing for free living in a dorm and going to catfish hole and sassys. There is a much bigger world out there and he gets paid millions for it. It absolutely was a no brainer. The staff shouldn't have signed zero guys in the spring signing period. As an alum I was very disappointed. Do Coach K, Boeheim, Calipari, Izzo, Pitino, Roy Williams or Bill Self use the excuse that they thought a player or players weren't leaving as a reason to sign zero spring recruits?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on June 01, 2015, 08:12:41 am
Says the anonymous sources in Northwest Arkansas. There is more than playing for free living in a dorm and going to catfish hole and sassys. There is a much bigger world out there and he gets paid millions for it. It absolutely was a no brainer. The staff shouldn't have signed zero guys in the spring signing period. As an alum I was very disappointed. Do Coach K, Boeheim, Calipari, Izzo, Pitino, Roy Williams or Bill Self use the excuse that they thought a player or players weren't leaving as a reason to sign zero spring recruits?

Irwin named his source.

I have never seen MA use this as an excuse. However is interesting to point out that over half of the coaches you just named still have open scholarships and couple of them after having players leaving early.

hoglady

Well - he picked a good weekend to come if we get that Super Regional.
Hope the coaches take him to one of the games - so he can see the fan support.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgfan4life

Some people are amazing.  There were no scholarships available and the two players that could possibly leave were strongly saying they were returning.  Had Arkansas signed two players and they stayed, they would have been forced to cut two players already on scholarship.  That would be incredibly poor practice and policy.  Their only option was to recruit players to possible open positions.  What major recruit wanted to wait and be recruited for possibilities.  Maybe to KY or Duke but not AR at this stage in our struggle to become relevant.  The cold hard truth is that OK State, Baylor, Iowa State, SMU, and two dozen other programs we like to think of as below us have more cred with recruits than Arkansas had prior to this completed season.  This spring means little in the ability of the coaches.  Next years class means close to everything.  If fans are disappointed this time next year in recruiting, it is time to consider staff changes to upgrade recruiting.  Until then, it would be nice to have some perspective and patience.  Oh wait!  That would make too much sense.  Carry on with the b*&#$ing and complaining.

HOGINTENNESSEE

@WillyOfficial50 Arkansas Razorbacks, Memphis Tigers, North Texas Mean Green, La Tech Bulldogs & BYU Cougars

New top 5 for Willy. Visited La Tech last weekend instead of WKU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamAlabamaCBA/status/605476830750093312

Hawg Red

List has been narrowed again to Arkansas, BYU and Memphis.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 01, 2015, 07:32:34 pm
List has been narrowed again to Arkansas, BYU and Memphis.

Nice! where'd you see that at?

Edit: NM it's from the same source, I completely overlooked that post.

-Blu

BYU probably presents the most threat.  They are a decent program and currently only have 8 scholarship players with only 3 big men on the roster, 1 is a Walk-On.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: -Blu on June 01, 2015, 07:46:33 pm
BYU probably presents the most threat.  They are a decent program and currently only have 8 scholarship players with only 3 big men on the roster, 1 is a Walk-On.

I agree. I can't see him picking Memphis with Nick Marshall reclassing to 2015.