Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you take Houston Nutt back if he was your only choice?

Started by WalHog2018, November 08, 2017, 02:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 05:27:37 pm
I know it isn't the same, but I gotta find something positive!!

Man...we did have some exciting wins under CBB. I'm not saying we need to keep him, but 3OT Auburn game, the first TCU game, and of course 4th and 25.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hoglady

I choose Nutt over Bret any day.
(And I was a darksider).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 08, 2017, 05:58:27 pm
DMAC would have come here if if Bielema was the coach. 

DMAC had some off the field issues - he would have stayed in the doghouse or been kicked off the team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2017, 10:23:51 pm
DMAC had some off the field issues - he would have stayed in the doghouse or been kicked off the team.

What were they? My memory is failing me.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

GoHogs1091

Nope.

Nutt losing to Kentucky and Vanderbilt is just as bad as losing to Rutgers, Toledo, and Texas Tech (especially considering Texas Tech did not have to punt in Fayetteville).

mckinneyhog5

Students lose scholarships or expelled from school for things that football players are punished for. Are you saying that football players should be less accountable for their actions? Or are you saying the more talented ones should be managed differently?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Pig In The City

No, no, no. I would prefer to go up in flames 🔥 with CBB. 😂

The Kig

Poker Porker

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 08, 2017, 07:01:30 pm
Bobby Petrino or Nutt?  Petrino
Lane Kiffin or Nutt?  Kiffin
Les Miles or Nutt?  Les
Paul Rhoads or Nutt?  Rhoads
Dan Enos or Nutt?  Enos
Johnelle or Nutt?  Johnelle
Insert name here or Nutt?  Insert name here.....

Alright, I totally laughed at this.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PharmacistHog

Thats not the point. The point was that dmac didn't come to arkansas because of Nutt's recruiting as another poster said. He was coming to arkansas even if Guv was the coach.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Kevin

Why can't some fans move on.  Nutt had success because he had two of the best players ever to come out of Arkansas   Plus the league was not what it is today.

Get an intense discipline attention to detail coach in here.

Let's move forward not backwards

Quit trying to run back to our past girlfriends. There is a reason we broke up with them
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

1highhog

Why is this even a post?  With all the things we could be talking about some jack wagon brings up a Nutt as a topic, what a d@&( shame.

The real Hogules

No, I detest the man and his crappy assistant coaches! I'd rather bulldoze the stadium to the ground than have a Nutt led coaching staff within 100 miles of our campus!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

depressed_fan

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 08, 2017, 09:24:33 pm
Nutt would get killed in the SEC west during CBB's time period.  Nutt coached when the West was weak.  Look at how Ole Miss was his last couple of seasons and that is how Nutt would've done here during this time period.

This reminds me of when people think kindly back upon an ex.  You forget the fact she wrecked your car, hiked up her skirt a couple times, caused you a bunch of drama, blamed you for her problems and took a bunch of your money when she left, but no she looked good with make up on.

I don't agree with this at all. The SEC was actually much stronger during Nutt's tenure here than it's been during CBB's tenure. The 2 main differences is Alabama has all the best SEC talent sitting on their bench, and the Aggies are in the league. Nutt would be losing to Alabama just like everyone else albeit most likely no where near as bad as CBB. And Nutt would probably be .500 vs the Aggies at minimum like he was against Auburn.  The only other thing you could consider is Mullen is a vastly better coach for MSU than anyone Nutt coached against there but that doesn't make up for ;

Tennessee is no where near what they were under Fulmer
Florida is no where near what they were back then
Ole Miss had a couple good years with Freeze but it looks like their are circumstances there. But, Bielema has beat them normally.
LSU had Saban then Miles but was Miles better in his first 5 years there or last 5?

I would be willing to bet if you compared the SEC bowl records in Nutt's 10 years to CBB's 5, the SEC had a much high winning percentage in bowls back then than the last 5 years.  Therefore, you can't make the claim the SEC was weaker back then b/c that's just not true. One team, Alabama is superior to what they were back then. Everyone else has fallen off or been caught cheating.

1highhog

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 09, 2017, 06:07:32 am
I don't agree with this at all. The SEC was actually much stronger during Nutt's tenure here than it's been during CBB's tenure. The 2 main differences is Alabama has all the best SEC talent sitting on their bench, and the Aggies are in the league. Nutt would be losing to Alabama just like everyone else albeit most likely no where near as bad as CBB. And Nutt would probably be .500 vs the Aggies at minimum like he was against Auburn.  The only other thing you could consider is Mullen is a vastly better coach for MSU than anyone Nutt coached against there but that doesn't make up for ;

Tennessee is no where near what they were under Fulmer
Florida is no where near what they were back then
Ole Miss had a couple good years with Freeze but it looks like their are circumstances there. But, Bielema has beat them normally.
LSU had Saban then Miles but was Miles better in his first 5 years there or last 5?

I would be willing to bet if you compared the SEC bowl records in Nutt's 10 years to CBB's 5, the SEC had a much high winning percentage in bowls back then than the last 5 years.  Therefore, you can't make the claim the SEC was weaker back then b/c that's just not true. One team, Alabama is superior to what they were back then. Everyone else has fallen off or been caught cheating.

You missed the point, you brought in the east side of the SEC,  the poster spoke of the West side of the SEC which during Nutts time as Coach Bama was never much good compared to what they are now.  Neither was Auburn, Mississippi State is better these days with Mullen as Coach as they've ever been.  Gus would be taking Nutt to the woodshed every year.

NYCRBACK