Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 20, 2015, 09:10:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Love those Hogs

Hogs 4 Life!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Love those Hogs on August 20, 2015, 02:56:49 pm
Has he been offered yet?
idk about officially but i can't see them coming all the way out here without at least a really strong maybe or promise.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FraggleHog

Quote from: Love those Hogs on August 20, 2015, 02:56:49 pm
Has he been offered yet?

Watch out... people on here will jump all over you for asking this...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

WriterWrong

WooPig90

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 20, 2015, 02:59:48 pm
Watch out... people on here will jump all over you for asking this...

Nah only when you dont listen to people who state that from all reporters that he hasnt been offered...

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

The Recruiting Guy

Hogforlife

FraggleHog

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 20, 2015, 03:09:04 pm
Nah only when you dont listen to people who state that from all reporters that he hasnt been offered...

All I was trying to figure out was if anyone knew if he had been offered today. Like you, I'm very interested in this developing story.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 20, 2015, 06:15:30 pm
All I was trying to figure out was if anyone knew if he had been offered today. Like you, I'm very interested in this developing story.

As of 5:55 he hadn't. Do I think he will? I say likely but not going to say it's 100%.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 20, 2015, 06:39:52 pm
As of 5:55 he hadn't. Do I think he will? I say likely but not going to say it's 100%.

Richard, I notice you said Ricky's parents were touring campus today.  Were they here previously or did they fly in today?  If they flew in today, that would really make me feel the offer (and probably acceptance) would be forthcoming.

Huds_HawgTide

Are they trying to figure out numbers...if he oays his own way this semester (greyshirt) cant he go on scholarship and be re-classified for 16?
tommy boy

jry04

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 20, 2015, 07:13:50 pm
Are they trying to figure out numbers...if he oays his own way this semester (greyshirt) cant he go on scholarship and be re-classified for 16?
Why would a 4* Army AA Qb pay his own way as a freshman?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 20, 2015, 07:00:27 pm
Richard, I notice you said Ricky's parents were touring campus today.  Were they here previously or did they fly in today?  If they flew in today, that would really make me feel the offer (and probably acceptance) would be forthcoming.

They were there last night.

Hawgzinbowlz

We may be his best option...and with his parents in attendance it appears serious.

Whatever improves The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

Huds_HawgTide

Because his parents have plenty o f money and options are limited during fall camp
tommy boy

jgphillips3

FraggleHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 20, 2015, 06:39:52 pm

Thanks, RD. Says a lot to me that the Town family payed their own way for this visit. Call the Hogs, Town!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 20, 2015, 07:39:53 pm
Because his parents have plenty o f money and options are limited during fall camp
what does this mean? He is gonna be a Hog, pretty obviously.
@Slackaveli

baitshop

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 20, 2015, 08:11:37 pm
what does this mean? He is gonna be a Hog, pretty obviously.

Pokey, I hope you are right, because dude, you are waaaaayyy out on this "it's a done deal" limb....

There's gonna be a buttload of crow to eat if you are wrong...

;)

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: baitshop on August 20, 2015, 08:20:39 pm
Pokey, I hope you are right, because dude, you are waaaaayyy out on this "it's a done deal" limb....
it's not a limb. I'm bringing cheer. Look, at this point it should be clear he is ours. They are still here. Class starts Monday. Whatcha think they up to? If they need plan B , why aren't they going to anywhere else? What other schools have been linked to him? Only UF and they are already saying"we didn't want him" because the kid is ALL HOG. It's ok, my brother, be happy!
@Slackaveli

AugustaHog

Any chance this was the guy that CBB was checking out in Cali last recruiting season?

duckman

ricepig

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 20, 2015, 08:26:18 pm
Any chance this was the guy that CBB was checking out in Cali last recruiting season?

Nope, considering he was enrolled at USC, it would have been against the rules.

Huds_HawgTide

His dad has been a CEO of a company in los angeles for 20 yrs...pretty sure he can handle one semester if tgats how its got to be
tommy boy

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 20, 2015, 08:28:43 pm
His dad has been a CEO of a company in los angeles for 20 yrs...pretty sure he can handle one semester if tgats how its got to be
okay....
@Slackaveli

Huds_HawgTide

Screw it im going to bed...thought we would here somethi g and ive been refreshing twitter and hogville so much i have carpal tunnel
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

ZERO

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 20, 2015, 08:23:05 pm
it's not a limb. I'm bringing cheer. Look, at this point it should be clear he is ours. They are still here. Class starts Monday. Whatcha think they up to? If they need plan B , why aren't they going to anywhere else? What other schools have been linked to him? Only UF and they are already saying"we didn't want him" because the kid is ALL HOG. It's ok, my brother, be happy!

I agree it makes sense. ALL the pieces fit. But we're Arkansas fans and we all have PTSD when it comes to our football program. Every time we count our chickens, the eggs get eaten by a snake.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ZERO on August 21, 2015, 12:09:55 am
I agree it makes sense. ALL the pieces fit. But we're Arkansas fans and we all have PTSD when it comes to our football program. Every time we count our chickens, the eggs get eaten by a snake.
this is actually the best, most acceptable answer I've ever heard for the poorlilolearkiesaw syndrome. I have been thinking of those fans as ostriches with their heads in the sand when in truth they are poorlilole rescue puppy's and i should be more patient with them. No sarcasm, i'll try harder. poorlilole puppies....
@Slackaveli

Huds_HawgTide

lets all just do the hokey pokey and shake it all about
tommy boy

ZERO

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 09:42:43 am
this is actually the best, most acceptable answer I've ever heard for the poorlilolearkiesaw syndrome. I have been thinking of those fans as ostriches with their heads in the sand when in truth they are poorlilole rescue puppy's and i should be more patient with them. No sarcasm, i'll try harder. poorlilole puppies....

I've never been a "poor little arkiesaw" type, but I try to be objective and realistic. This whole thing came fast and out of nowhere, we really usually don't have transfer luck like this.

Nonetheless, more people really do need to make a conscious effort to realize that Arkansas was once a major player, and can be again. It's why I've been so confident about us getting White. This place, and the '16 RB situation, is a dream come true for a back like White. I also never worry about DL and OL recruits. Our results are going to speak for themselves, and have already begun doing so.

And congrats on being right about Ricky Town.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: ZERO on August 21, 2015, 12:28:22 pm
I've never been a "poor little arkiesaw" type, but I try to be objective and realistic. This whole thing came fast and out of nowhere, we really usually don't have transfer luck like this.

Nonetheless, more people really do need to make a conscious effort to realize that Arkansas was once a major player, and can be again. It's why I've been so confident about us getting White. This place, and the '16 RB situation, is a dream come true for a back like White. I also never worry about DL and OL recruits. Our results are going to speak for themselves, and have already begun doing so.

And congrats on being right about Ricky Town.

FWIW, I think he is right about White, too.

:razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 21, 2015, 09:57:18 am
lets all just do the hokey pokey and shake it all about
feels good to not have to eat any crow fo sho
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorWhacker on August 21, 2015, 12:57:35 pm
FWIW, I think he is right about White, too.

:razorback:
i better be!! i just asked him about Town, lets see if he'll answer lol]
@Slackaveli

ZERO

White is ours to lose, IMO.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ZERO on August 21, 2015, 01:59:10 pm
White is ours to lose, IMO.
right there with you, my man.
@Slackaveli