Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 13, 2015, 02:05:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogberry Snortcake

Huds_HawgTide

Glad tyrie is still halfway thinking bout us.. we need a good passing game this yr
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Hawgzinbowlz

...Diesch said he has no plans to visit any other school...

My kind of attitude.

" GO HOGS "

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 13, 2015, 12:31:35 pm
Glad tyrie is still halfway thinking bout us.. we need a good passing game this yr

So let's say you come here at an unofficial visit and you really, really like what you see. You may even want to use your Arkansas visit as the set bar that you will compare and measure other schools against. Would you then "waste" an official visit on the Hogs or take your other visits and then decide if they stack up against Arkansas or not?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jul/24/elite-wr-raves-about-arkansas-visit/

Looks to me like he liked everything he saw here, so his choice is a bit weird, unless you already know all what Arkansas has to offer and you think that for now you are done with us.

Strange either way.

Wildhog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 13, 2015, 01:55:20 pm
So let's say you come here at an unofficial visit and you really, really like what you see. You may even want to use your Arkansas visit as the set bar that you will compare and measure other schools against. Would you then "waste" an official visit on the Hogs or take your other visits and then decide if they stack up against Arkansas or not?

No.  If he doesn't OV, he won't be a hog.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 01:57:23 pm

Thanks, and my bad. I thought CBB's requirement/criteria for extending and accepting a commitment was just A visit (official/Unofficial).

ricepig

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 13, 2015, 02:02:27 pm
Thanks, and my bad. I thought CBB's requirement/criteria for extending and accepting a commitment was just A visit (official/Unofficial).

Pretty sure we take commitments whenever we want to. I think he's saying we have no chance without a visit.

LRHawg

It's still weird that he and his mom supposedly loved their visit, but we didn't even make his top 4. I still have to think we're getting pretty heavily negatively recruited against. All we have to do though is connect on a couple of bombs and the WR recruits will take notice. I think a "wait and see" approach from WR recruits is fair right now, considering our new OC.

Wildhog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 13, 2015, 02:02:27 pm

Oh, that wouldn't have been an issue. 

I'm sure he loved his visit here.  But we're not the only place he loved, obviously.  That said, because he's visited and loved it, a big season with a much improved passing attack could sneak us into that top five to secure an official visit down the road.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Huds_HawgTide

he doesnt have to officially visit to chose us...we are pretty close compared to the schools on the list so he could always come back unofficially again
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

outside of tcu and ou, which he hasnt visited yet
tommy boy

Wildhog

He'll sign with a school that he officially visits.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 04:19:30 pm

I'd bet your HV account on that.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2015, 04:50:08 pm
I'd bet your HV account on that.

I'd bet my HV account on that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 04:50:59 pm
I'd bet my HV account on that.

Then we both have confidence in it. If we show some tremendous progress in the passing game, then will land a top notch WR.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2015, 04:55:32 pm
Then we both have confidence in it. If we show some tremendous progress in the passing game, then will land a top notch WR.

Already have one committed.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 01:57:23 pm

Willie Sykes says, "hi".
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2015, 05:06:59 pm
Willie Sykes says, "hi".

Willie Sykes didn't have an offer basically until he committed.  Apples and oranges.

Tell Willie I said hey.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 05:08:37 pm
Willie Sykes didn't have an offer basically until he committed.  Apples and oranges.

Tell Willie I said hey.

Point was, he was offered and committed prior to signing day and didn't make an official visit until well after signing day, which is kinda different to what you said and also, different than what we have heard was standard procedure from this staff. There are always exceptions to the rule.
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2015, 05:23:40 pm
Point was, he was offered and committed prior to signing day and didn't make an official visit until well after signing day, which is kinda different to what you said and also, different than what we have heard was standard procedure from this staff. There are always exceptions to the rule.

I'm talking specifically about Cleveland.  I'll bet whatever you want that he signs with a school that he OV's, but I doubt you want to bet against that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 05:26:03 pm
I'm talking specifically about Cleveland.  I'll bet whatever you want that he signs with a school that he OV's, but I doubt you want to bet against that.

I think, based on what he (Cleveland) has made public to date, that we are probably out of the mix for his commit. On the other hand, I guess I have been around too long and seen too many things happen that no one ever expected. Like you, my guess is that based on all appearances, we are done. But you never say "never". About the time that you say "never going to happen" is about the time that you are proven wrong. It ain't over til it is over, but I'm pretty sure that this staff won't allow any grass to grow under their feet waiting on any single commit.
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2015, 05:53:48 pm
I think, based on what he (Cleveland) has made public to date, that we are probably out of the mix for his commit. On the other hand, I guess I have been around too long and seen too many things happen that no one ever expected. Like you, my guess is that based on all appearances, we are done. But you never say "never". About the time that you say "never going to happen" is about the time that you are proven wrong. It ain't over til it is over, but I'm pretty sure that this staff won't allow any grass to grow under their feet waiting on any single commit.

That's why I said this:

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 03:52:40 pm
That said, because he's visited and loved it, a big season with a much improved passing attack could sneak us into that top five to secure an official visit down the road.

I never said we won't get him.  I said he'll sign with one of the schools he officially visits, and he almost certainly will.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

why does it smell like pee in here?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2015, 06:05:28 pm
why does it smell like Miss in here?

Don't you hate autocorrect?

But I guess the idea of your post remains.  Miss does smell like Miss.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

my question has been answered....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2015, 06:07:29 pm
my question has been answered....

w.t.f are you talking about?
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2015, 05:23:40 pm

While there are exceptions, I think Wildhog and Ricepig are repeating a common belief that recruits rarely pass on an official, if they're seriously considering you.  It just rarely happens, unless it's a special situation like the example you gave.

Having said that, I'm not sure we're out of it for Cleveland.  For a player with his skill, at a position of need, who has expressed interest, I don't think you quit on them this early.  He rated A&M and Arkansas his best visits and didn't seem impressed with TCU at all, so I'm sure there's much more to his decision then what little we see.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 04:19:30 pm
could be true, could be false. definite opinion.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on August 13, 2015, 06:08:22 pm
w.t.f are you talking about?
think he's saying you are in another pissing match. but i'm one to talk.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on August 13, 2015, 08:26:30 pm
While there are exceptions, I think Wildhog and Ricepig are repeating a common belief that recruits rarely pass on an official, if they're seriously considering you.  It just rarely happens, unless it's a special situation like the example you gave.

Having said that, I'm not sure we're out of it for Cleveland.  For a player with his skill, at a position of need, who has expressed interest, I don't think you quit on them this early.  He rated A&M and Arkansas his best visits and didn't seem impressed with TCU at all, so I'm sure there's much more to his decision then what little we see.

Oh I agree and stated as much above. And the point that I was trying to make is the very point you are making, we may have a procedure that we like to follow and most kids may fall into the pattern of committing to one of the teams to which they make an official visit, but there are always going to be exceptions to that which is considered to be "normal" circumstances. I don't disagree with that one bit.
Go Hogs Go!

redeye

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 14, 2015, 06:19:23 am
Oh I agree and stated as much above. And the point that I was trying to make is the very point you are making, we may have a procedure that we like to follow and most kids may fall into the pattern of committing to one of the teams to which they make an official visit, but there are always going to be exceptions to that which is considered to be "normal" circumstances. I don't disagree with that one bit.

Yea, certainly.  I think it's more likely that we'd receive one of his final visits, though.  As the first team out, that could happen, too.

Swine Time

Its hard to tell whats running through a 17-18 kids head, besides which cheerleader looks better. I would rather be left off a top 5 list as to be thinking we have them like last year. What ever he decides best of luck, and best of luck to Snoop's son that UCLA film school instead of the LOI for the football program. WPS
There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan