Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas left out for Tyrie Cleveland

Started by ldfergu, August 12, 2015, 10:52:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

This is just a link to the SEC blog but scroll down and you'll see the article. Of course, Ole Miss is getting another visit from a top notch prospect ::)

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/104848/no-60-tyrie-cleveland-sets-first-official-visit-knows-four-others

Huds_HawgTide

Wow...i thought we would at least end up in his top 3
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Wildhog

Ole Miss is going to have the #1 class in the nation.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ldfergu

Quote from: Wildhog on August 12, 2015, 10:56:06 am

And will still under perform

Huckleberry Pig

how can the NCAA NOT investigate this?  Seriously, I know everyone is saying "well, they have REALLY good recruiters" and I get that, but are they really THIS good?  I just can't imagine us landing these types of recruits even if Freeze and staff were our coaches.  Especially after getting beat 1000-0 in the last few games of the season. 

Good thing Freeze and company can't actually coach worth shiz.  I'd like to think the kids would start figuring it out but I guess an Ole Miss "offer" is just too good to pass up. 

Please let them go 0-fer in the SEC this year

Huds_HawgTide

ole miss will hardly have the best class in the nation...they dont have the subscribers ohio stat, alabama, auburn, lsu, georgia, tenn, fsu, usc, and texas and a&m have
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 12, 2015, 11:06:50 am
Hopefully.

It's actually pretty astounding how poorly they performed last year (esp at the end) given the talent they've reeled in the last few years.  Again, speaks volumes about Freeze as an actual coach. 

Glad we have CBB.

WorfHog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 12, 2015, 11:09:27 am
It's actually pretty astounding how poorly they performed last year (esp at the end) given the talent they've reeled in the last few years.  Again, speaks volumes about Freeze as an actual coach. 

Glad we have CBB.

It's the bowties, kids these days LOVE bowties.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 12, 2015, 11:09:27 am

Glad we have CBB.

Has to do with depth. And losing Tunsil, Quon and Sanders at the end of the year plus Aaron Morris was too much to overcome.  He's now starting to enjoy the success of the past 3 recruiting classes.  Does HF make some interesting decisions (like pass on the FG at LSU), sure, but the talent he's bringing in including 2016 Patterson and his throngs is amazing.  It's about time.  Hard to have been a Rebel fan over the past 37 yrs for the most part.  Good to see where it's aiming.  And I think BB will do an outstanding job at Arkansas.  All you're missing is a big play receiving corps. 

Can't wait to lace them up,
KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

SkeeterHawg

Ole Miss: "They are very high on my list. Shea Patterson and I had a great relationship at The Opening, and we talk a lot. I feel like they have a very good program, and want to win a national championship."

Well there you have it... Ole Miss WANTS to win a national championship.  I guess that is what sets them apart from all the rest of the schools.

ap89

scruf

Means nothing. Hugh Freeze is a terrible coach. He will coach them down to 3* by the end of the year.

Wildhog

Quote from: scruf on August 12, 2015, 12:10:44 pm
Means nothing. Hugh Freeze is a terrible coach. He will coach them down to 3* by the end of the year.

We'll see.  Hope you're right.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Uncommon

Probably negative recruiting convinced him to leave us out.  The whole "they don't throw the football as much" or "you won't be on the field as much since their base offensive formation includes only 2 WR".

The thing that gets me red in the face is why we aren't able to pull in a 4* or 5* back every year when 2 of our running backs will rush for 1,000 yards and a 3rd may rush for 500 or more.  All you have to do is make the top 3 on the depth chart in our offense and you have a good chance of running for 500 yards.  Yet they go to these silly spread programs that don't run a pro style offense and wonder why they flunk out of the NFL so early.  Just maddening.

Wildhog

Quote from: Uncommon on August 12, 2015, 12:33:17 pm
Probably negative recruiting convinced him to leave us out.  The whole "they don't throw the football as much" or "you won't be on the field as much since their base offensive formation includes only 2 WR".

The thing that gets me red in the face is why we aren't able to pull in a 4* or 5* back every year when 2 of our running backs will rush for 1,000 yards and a 3rd may rush for 500 or more.  All you have to do is make the top 3 on the depth chart in our offense and you have a good chance of running for 500 yards.  Yet they go to these silly spread that don't run a pro style offense and wonder why they flunk out of the NFL so early.  Just maddening.

Agreed.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: KevinOMReb on August 12, 2015, 11:45:09 am
Has to do with depth. And losing Tunsil, Quon and Sanders at the end of the year plus Aaron Morris was too much to overcome.  He's now starting to enjoy the success of the past 3 recruiting classes.  Does HF make some interesting decisions (like pass on the FG at LSU), sure, but the talent he's bringing in including 2016 Patterson and his throngs is amazing.  It's about time.  Hard to have been a Rebel fan over the past 37 yrs for the most part.  Good to see where it's aiming.  And I think BB will do an outstanding job at Arkansas.  All you're missing is a big play receiving corps. 

Can't wait to lace them up,
KevinOMReb

+1 always appreciate seeing the other sides perspective.  Great post and you did so without going on the attack.  Wish we saw more of this on the recruiting forum.

To be fair, I can see why a top receiver would be more interested in Ole Miss.  I am more referring to the running back situation. 

Cheers and Woo Pig :razorback:

The_Iceman

The thing that gets me red in the face is why we aren't able to pull in a 4* or 5* back every year when 2 of our running backs will rush for 1,000 yards and a 3rd may rush for 500 or more.  All you have to do is make the top 3 on the depth chart in our offense and you have a good chance of running for 500 yards.  Yet they go to these silly spread programs that don't run a pro style offense and wonder why they flunk out of the NFL so early.  Just maddening.

No excuse for not landing one this preseason for sure.

LRHawg

Quote from: KevinOMReb on August 12, 2015, 11:45:09 am
All you're missing is a big play receiving corps. 
KevinOMReb

The talent is here now, will be interesting to see if we can connect. We had a few plays last year where Hatcher either dropped a big catch or he got open and the ball was not on target. We just need to connect on a few of these this year. I think it will happen.

We also receive a lot of negative recruiting from teams that have somehow convinced kids we aren't going to be throwing the ball.

sickboy

The good news is it doesn't seem to matter who we recruit at running back. Bielema is going to turn them into studs. By all early accounts, RWIII is going to be the next in line. I have no doubt whoever we end up with will be solid at RB. Similar to OL. I guess the two go hand in hand.

Hopefully, our offense takes a big leap forward on the throwing and catching front. BA looks poised to have a solid season and that should help make the argument to some of these pitchers and catchers that we got what they need.

This is all a moot point if we continue progressing the way we have on the field. We're, arguably, the hottest team in the SEC right now after what Bielema has managed to do the last two seasons. Keep going in that direction (pilling up more buzz/momentum) and mix that with this staff's recruiting ability and we're going to see some of the best classes we've ever seen.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, we have the pieces in place to take a huge leap forward as a program on the national stage. We have a coach that has a solid system, who is also respected/garners attention from major media outlets, as well as an Athletic Director who's rapidly broadening the brand of Arkansas nationally. In some ways, we're doing what Oregon did 10 years ago. We're building a unique style of football and telling people -- this is HOG football, and it's unique in today's CFB landscape. They were known for spread, high flying offense... we're known for being a big, tough, smash mouth team. We have an identity -- and that really helps spread Arkansas, the brand, to these kids in high school and gives the big media outlets narratives to keep Arkansas in the public college football conversation.

I foresee great things in our future. If Bielema can keep his jimmy to himself and not go ridding motorcycles -- we have the potential to see a big leap in Hog football.

hogsfan31

Music City Hog

I wanted him, but the facts are the facts.  We don't throw the ball nearly as much as some of these spread teams.  It's going to be hard to get elite WRs in this offense.  The good thing about that is that we don't use them much.  Our WRs are TEs. 

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 12, 2015, 01:50:07 pm
I wanted him, but the facts are the facts.  We don't throw the ball nearly as much as some of these spread teams.  It's going to be hard to get elite WRs in this offense.  The good thing about that is that we don't use them much.  Our WRs are TEs. 

Correct, we need to sign 1 good one to go along with some under the radar types every year. If we show different results this year, then it will improve in the future.

redeye

Cleveland's been a bit of a mystery.  I think he said Arkansas was his best visit, but we didn't make his list?  He's said a lot of things that don't quite add up, so he's probably very torn.  He's originally from Florida, so I'm sure that's why he's considering them.  The other schools seem like today's brown bag special and I won't be surprised if there are some changes along the way.

Still, he was always a long shot, so this shouldn't be surprising.

3kgthog

The thing that gets me red in the face is why we aren't able to pull in a 4* or 5* back every year when 2 of our running backs will rush for 1,000 yards and a 3rd may rush for 500 or more. 

That's precisely why we don't get guys that highly sought after. If they are that good, they don't want to share that many carries.

Uncommon

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 12, 2015, 02:08:17 pm
That's precisely why we don't get guys that highly sought after. If they are that good, they don't want to share that many carries.
Then why do wide receivers go to these spread schools and have to share all those receptions with 3 or 4 other receivers and a tight end but if it's on the flip side sharing rushing attempts with 2 other running backs in a pro style balanced offense, it's a negative.  To me, it's the same thing.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 12, 2015, 01:09:46 pm
+1 always appreciate seeing the other sides perspective.  Great post and you did so without going on the attack.  Wish we saw more of this on the recruiting forum.

To be fair, I can see why a top receiver would be more interested in Ole Miss.  I am more referring to the running back situation. 

Cheers and Woo Pig :razorback:

Thanks Huck.  Enjoy Agim.  You'll get him.  Heard he's a force to be reckoned with.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

hawginbigd1

What a downer, dude is an absolute beast

Huckleberry Pig

I'm a firm believer that a good OL can make a 3* back look like a 5* back.  Same is true for NFL.  Fortunately we are in good hands with CBB and Pittman.  Why a blue chip cant see that and wouldnt want to come here boggles my mind.  That said, if we end up with a few 3* RB's this class instead of a few 4*s, im not worried.  The 3*s will get to look good behind a dominating OL and they'll get all the press while those blue chips go sit on the bench at Bama or get underutilized at Ole Miss.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Surprised, just recent said out visit was an 8 out of 10. Gave A&M the same score

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 12, 2015, 01:50:07 pm

That's probably pretty much it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgXi

Wide receivers from high schools all over the country will be looking at opportunities like they've never had before at arkansas after one year of enos as OC.

personally, l think we're loaded with more legitimate talent at WR right now than l can remember ever being here.

I think our offense will be explosive this year   

Maybe cleveland is seeing too much competition here now?

redeye

I'd love to have Cleveland and I'm not counting us out of it, yet.  However, don't we still lead for Isaiah Graham? 

With Jojo, Reed and Cornelius, I'm not worried about the WR position.  We'll be fine.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redeye on August 12, 2015, 05:15:55 pm
I'd love to have Cleveland and I'm not counting us out of it, yet.  However, don't we still lead for Isaiah Graham? 

With Jojo, Reed and Cornelius, I'm not worried about the WR position.  We'll be fine.

Yea, Graham is a name I haven't heard in a while.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WarPig88

Quote from: Uncommon on August 12, 2015, 02:19:09 pm
Then why do wide receivers go to these spread schools and have to share all those receptions with 3 or 4 other receivers and a tight end but if it's on the flip side sharing rushing attempts with 2 other running backs in a pro style balanced offense, it's a negative.  To me, it's the same thing.

?????????

Receivers don't get a chance to catch hand offs. More passes means more catches for everyone.

ricepig

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 12, 2015, 05:27:43 pm
?????????

Receivers don't get a chance to catch hand offs. More passes means more catches for everyone.

And more rushes mean more attempts for every RB, now do you understand?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 12, 2015, 05:27:43 pm
?????????

not if there are 5 good recievers. come to a team that throws less but you are the primary target and you'll get far more catches. look at amari cooper or julio jones.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ChicoHog

Quote from: Uncommon on August 12, 2015, 02:19:09 pm
plus all they usually get are bubble screens and 5 yard passes.  then an occasional jump ball like Auburn throws.  No real NFL type patterns.