Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 10, 2015, 10:58:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

I want every single player in this update.  Every. Single. One.

010HogFan

We should be able to flip Pennamon. Manvel has become a pipeline for us, and Ole Miss' running attack is as bad as it gets. Who would want to carry the ball there?

Huckleberry Pig

sick of seeing ole miss' name pop up everywhere.

racist history
crappy stadium
rinky dink offense
got pounded at the end of the year by everyone

but everyone wants to go there?  i hope we beat the ole piss outa them AGAIN this year.  infact, i hope everyone does. 

:razorback: :razorback:

PS thanks Richard!

Corkscrew Johnson

Baylor sure is an enigma for such a high profile DL like Agim.  Waco is a hot, dusty, boring pit-stop on I-35.  They have little history of success.   They have no history of success of defense. The new stadium was designed with the capacity for an MLS game or occasional WWE event.  Their conference is an after-thought.  Their girls don't have sex.  I just don't see them being a real player on this one....

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 10, 2015, 12:20:13 pm

racist history
crappy stadium
rinky dink offense

but everyone wants to go there?  i hope we beat the ole piss outa them AGAIN this year.  infact, i hope everyone does. 

PS thanks Richard!

ole mi$$ was 1-4 and outscored 134-71 against power 5 opponents to end last year.  they cheat in recruiting.  it's their only hope.

pigtrino

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on August 10, 2015, 12:41:34 pm
Baylor sure is an enigma for such a high profile DL like Agim.  Waco is a hot, dusty, boring pit-stop on I-35.  They have little history of success.   They have no history of success of defense. The new stadium was designed with the capacity for an MLS game or occasional WWE event.  Their conference is an after-thought.  Their girls don't have sex.  I just don't see them being a real player on this one....

You forgot free Dr. Pepper floats

hammer66

I can remember back in the SWC, Baylor always had a wicked defense but couldn't score points offensively. They also used to block punts like crazy. How things have changed.
The girls don't have sex. That's funny.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 10, 2015, 01:09:35 pm
ole mi$$ was 1-4 and outscored 134-71 against power 5 opponents to end last year.  they cheat in recruiting.  it's their only hope.

Maybe they do buy recruits, but I think there's also another reason: Freeze and his staff are really good recruiters.  It happens.

I'm not sure his and his staff's coaching ability is equal to their recruiting ability.  IMO this year will be very informative for that issue.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

sickboy

lol

wholehog92

I don't understand why a top rated recruit would consider Waco.  They have a decent school and football program, but if you can choose anywhere, those are available with a nice place to live.

And for Corkscrew places where the girls will have sex even.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Scott7703

Agim isn't going to Baylor.

redeye

Is Tatum being recruited for the OL or TE position?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 10, 2015, 12:20:13 pm

racist history
crappy stadium
rinky dink offense

PS thanks Richard!
+1  30-0 Oh and you left our crappy town.

ldfergu

Quote from: Hog N Bama on August 10, 2015, 03:25:58 pm
+1  30-0 Oh and you left our crappy town.

You mean 'out' I'm guessing

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

WarPig88

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 10, 2015, 02:24:29 pm
I don't understand why a top rated recruit would consider Waco.  They have a decent school and football program, but if you can choose anywhere, those are available with a nice place to live.

And for Corkscrew places where the girls will have sex even.

Just curious if any of you have ever visited a place called Dallas. Waco isn't that far from it at all.

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 10, 2015, 06:59:17 pm
Just curious if any of you have ever visited a place called Dallas. Waco isn't that far from it at all.
it's about 3 hours round trip.  Most college kids want to have fun without having to drive.   

The Recruiting Guy

sickboy

I went to TCU. I know that drive well and I had friends who went to Baylor. The only reason kids from Baylor go up to Dallas is for football games. And kids from SMU and TCU don't even drive to Baylor for football games because of Waco. ;)

The_Hog_Father

Would love to read what is going on... Currently out of Country and cannot get access to any of RD's articles or anything on Wholehogsports and am a paid subscriber through Ardemgaz. Will try to get a VPN up and running when time permits. Going through RD withdrawals... Haha.  :razorback:

redeye

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 10, 2015, 07:24:12 pm
OL

Thanks Richard.  At 265 lbs, he must have a very nice frame.

Nashville Fan

You can get really good Kolaches at the Czech Stop just out side of Waco. Almost makes up for the girls not putting out.
Pittman or Bust!

reddogjcss

If teams a cheating on recruiting it always comes out! I do know doing it the right way is always the right thing to do, even though it takes a little longer it last a whole lot longer.
I feel most player go to schools that they have personal relations with the coaching staff. Of course there are recruits who go where they can get the most for there selves the ME ME ME recruits and unfortunately many of them are very talented.
I really think Coach B and staff are doing it correctly and the Uncommon will keep flocking to the Razorbacks. WOOO PIG

Oklahawg

I was there in 1988 when UA beat the pants off the Bears to clinch the SWC under Hatfield. It was their homecoming LOL

Got there early enough to see a bit of the homecoming parade (*yawn*) and found the live bear cage where the mascots were kept. More coeds were watching the male bear service himself than were watching the parade. Given the coeds I saw I think I opted to watch the bear also.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jvanhorn

Quote from: hammer66 on August 10, 2015, 01:29:03 pm
I can remember back in the SWC, Baylor always had a wicked defense but couldn't score points offensively. They also used to block punts like crazy. How things have changed.
The girls don't have sex. That's funny.

Actually they do have sex there.   They don't like it or enjoy it, but there is nothing else to do.

Hawk

They absolutely can't have sex while standing up in Waco! Someone might see them and think it's dancing. Immediate expulsion @ a Baptist school! LOL

WorfHog

I spent a night in Waco during my college days.  Consumed one too many Shiner's and woke up on the neighbor's porch of the house we we're partying. Quite an experience. One of my roommate's high school girlfriend went to Baylor and she'd visit Fayetteville occasionally.  All I can say is in my limited experience (thin walls) Corkscrew Johnson's assertion is incorrect.

wholehog92

I guess the guys in Norman could say they are only 3 hours from Dallas!  Quite a selling point.  Our town sucks so bad people will drive 1.5 hours to go somewhere fun.  If they want to return to Waco incidentally, that trip takes 1.5 hours as well.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

KlubhouseKonnected

Their girls don't have sex. 

This is one of the more delightfully ridiculous things I have seen written here. Thank you.

I hope this statement becomes a thing.

Fan of different school: "I think we have a really good chance of landing this star recruit that both of our programs want because the recruit was actually born not far from the school."

Arkansas fan: "the girls don't sex. your argument is invalid."
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on August 10, 2015, 08:23:22 pm
Would love to read what is going on... Currently out of Country and cannot get access to any of RD's articles or anything on Wholehogsports and am a paid subscriber through Ardemgaz. Will try to get a VPN up and running when time permits. Going through RD withdrawals... Haha.  :razorback:

Thank you Redeye... You are appreciated more than you know! +Many!!

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback: