Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other Backers still on the board

Started by WaltonCollege, August 02, 2015, 05:44:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Jordan Carmouche
Malcolm Roach
Michael Divinity

These kids have great offer sheets if we land 1 out of 3 I would be esctatic. We probably take 2 more backers this class. Anyone know of other high-profile backers the hogs are high on and vice-versa? 

redeye

Dontavious Jackson, but he has to be a long shot.

JaketheSnake

There are likely a few that are not even on a "fan's" radar right now, but are being looked at heavily.

greenie

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

theFlyingHog

I keep seeing this thread out of the corner of my eye and always think it says Otha..

GalaHawg

I saw an article today from last February on an Oregon website that interviewed De'Jon Harris (he re-tweeted it recently). In the interview, he mentioned that he and his cousin Divinity are a package deal. Let's hope so.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/02/dejon_harris_louisiana_linebac.html

JackJohnson

Quote from: GalaHawg on August 03, 2015, 08:32:11 am
I saw an article today from last February on an Oregon website that interviewed De'Jon Harris (he re-tweeted it recently). In the interview, he mentioned that he and his cousin Divinity are a package deal. Let's hope so.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/02/dejon_harris_louisiana_linebac.html

Harris is obviously a fine recruit on his own merit with offers from us and Oregon amongst others.  However, generally this type of statement is coming from the bigger recruit of the pair in order to get the other player noticed whereas this is the complete opposite of that.

Lets hope that in this case Harris has some big time pull in MD bc this would be big time get

JIHawg

DCimport

August 03, 2015, 12:25:01 pm #9 Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:32:40 pm by DCimport
Bump

DoubleReedHawgCaller

They're all still on the board till NSD. Let's hope we can persuade some our way.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Huds_HawgTide

Ill take divinity and hardwick for 500
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: DCimport on August 03, 2015, 12:25:01 pm
Otherwise he would already have an offer in hand.
Not the case anymore. He is a great run stopper but his lack of coverage skills is a big negative for him. Not athletic enough to cover TE's or RB's in space.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

JackJohnson

it is a pretty universal consensus amongst the ark recruiting writers that even if he got the grades that Hardwick isn't going to be offered.  Appears he maxed out at an early age and isn't getting any better

The fact that offers are still pouring in from the mid majors as he would be someone they would be able to take a chance on in case he qualifies speaks volumes.  He has also dropped down from his consensus 4* rating to a 3* on more then one service

redeye

Otis mentioned an old name today.  Chris Baccus is a 3* ILB for Notheastern Oklahoma A&M and he's already visited our campus.  He's the #1 JUCO ILB.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Hogs-looking-at-nations-top-inside-linebacker-from-JUCO-ranks-38538199

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on August 03, 2015, 12:41:06 pm
They're all still on the board till NSD. Let's hope we can persuade some our way.

A long time, and a full season, between now and NSD.

" GO HOGS "

NLRHog92

Chris Baccus is one that has been getting some recent attention from the staff. 6-2, 225 JUCO ILB from Oklahoma, 4 star on Rivals and 3 on 247 composite. Offers from Arizona St, Nebraska, Washington St and quite a few non P5 schools. We might be close to offering or at least letting our interest be known and waiting to see how he plays this season and what other HS prospects pass us up. JUCOs can be tricky situations to read.
http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Baccus-80040
http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Baccus-172564
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2723506/chris-baccus
https://twitter.com/omg_itsbaccus

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: redeye on August 03, 2015, 04:11:41 pm
Otis mentioned an old name today.  Chris Baccus is a 3* ILB for Notheastern Oklahoma A&M and he's already visited our campus.  He's the #1 JUCO ILB.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Hogs-looking-at-nations-top-inside-linebacker-from-JUCO-ranks-38538199
one of my good friends was Chris' roommate at NEO. I've talked to him a few times and he's told me that he has had conversations with Chris about Arkansas. He loves our campus and loves the fact that he can still be close to his friends at NEO and here in NEA while playing for the Razorbacks.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I believe if it is entirely up to Chris, he will be a Razorback. Now it is up to Bielema and Coach Hargreaves to give him a committable offer.

JackJohnson

I'm just not sure there is a need for a JC LB in this class.  We have no seniors so everyone will be coming back so no need for "immediate impact".  No way the Baccus kid would come in next year and beat out our 3 starters, or perhaps any of the backups.

If we whiff on carmouche who is a kid we offered first and have been on him the longest and don't get a long shot like Divinity, I'd rather use the spot on another OL since we are so woefully low on numbers there

fullfan

Quote from: JIHawg on August 03, 2015, 12:08:29 pm
How about Hardwick at Ft Smith?
From what I heard most likely JUCO bound. 

Huds_HawgTide

i agree...unless its a come in and immediately be a star i think we need to stay away from JUCO for any position unless they have 3 yrs to play 2 or 3
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Fort Dweller

Quote from: fullfan on August 04, 2015, 09:26:51 am
From what I heard most likely JUCO bound. 

That's a shame.  Coach Rel said he's the best he's seen in a long time.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

redeye

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on August 04, 2015, 01:37:24 am
one of my good friends was Chris' roommate at NEO. I've talked to him a few times and he's told me that he has had conversations with Chris about Arkansas. He loves our campus and loves the fact that he can still be close to his friends at NEO and here in NEA while playing for the Razorbacks.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I believe if it is entirely up to Chris, he will be a Razorback. Now it is up to Bielema and Coach Hargreaves to give him a committable offer.

Thanks for sharing that.  I don't know much about him, but for some reason I've suspected he'd commit if offered.  I also think that could happen, because his name reappeared shortly after Evans committed to Ole Miss.

RyeHogFan

According to his twitter, we have officially offered Vosean Joseph, a 4-star LB from Miami Norland. He's a Gator commit, so I'm not sure what kinda chances we really have with him.

Huds_HawgTide

Ill take linebackers from miami area all day long
tommy boy

ldfergu

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 03, 2015, 07:49:46 am
I keep seeing this thread out of the corner of my eye and always think it says Otha..

Same

greenie

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 04, 2015, 09:14:42 pm
Ill take linebackers from miami area all day long

Looks like Randy Shannon was his recruiter at Florida.  If we're really pursuing him, I imagine tearing him away from Shannon will be a challenge.  As we all know, Randy has a fine reputation, particularly in Florida.

redeye

Quote from: greenie on August 04, 2015, 10:50:57 pm
Looks like Randy Shannon was his recruiter at Florida.  If we're really pursuing him, I imagine tearing him away from Shannon will be a challenge.  As we all know, Randy has a fine reputation, particularly in Florida.

Yea, that's the first thing that came to mind for me.  Florida hasn't exactly been tearing it up with recruiting lately, so I'd like our chances much better, if not for Shannon and the fact that it's in his city.

Still, you never know what will happen.  Hargreaves may have a better connection then Shannon or Florida may decide to go in a different direction later.  The offer's there if he's interested and that may be all we can do.

lefty08

Just like the lineman that is committed to LSU that we recently offered, I think we have a chance or wouldn't have bothered offering in the first place. That's not to say we will get them both, but I figure there is some mutual interest there that warranted an offer
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged