Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB "Officially" Stated 23 Scholarships

Started by HogWildBison2011, July 30, 2015, 11:12:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

I know we keep trying to guess the total scholarships we are giving out this year. A friend that views the pay-boards stated CBB said they would be signing 23 this year. But as we all know recruiting is very fluid and we will really know come Feb.

A lot of 2nd hand information so take it as you wish.

scooby21322

Right, surely this is not a definite number.  He does not know who may be leaving early for the NFL, transferring/leaving team, etc.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: scooby21322 on July 30, 2015, 11:18:47 am
Right, surely this is not a definite number.  He does not know who may be leaving early for the NFL, transferring/leaving team, etc.
Exactly. Just passing along the nugget of info I ran across.  ;)

ricepig

Uncommon

If said friend got his info from 247, it is true we could sign 23 but what Bielema actually said is that they will sign 18 to 23 players for the Class of 2016.  Otis Kirk said he believed they would probably sign 23 players not Bielema.

The number of signees will likely be decided on how many underclassmen leave for the NFL or for other schools.  For all we know, we have 82 on scholarship and 12 seniors.  That currently leaves us with 15 guaranteed scholarship spots for next year.  That number goes up as more players leave resulting in more players we can sign in this year's class.

More players leave for NFL or other schools = Number of Signees is closer to 23
Less players leave for NFL or other schools = Number of Signees is closer to 18

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2015, 12:08:09 pm
Nugget??
nugget, chunk, clod, clump, ingot, mass, any other synonym for a small possibly "valuable" article of information. I can phrase it in about 15 different ways if you really want.

ricepig

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on July 30, 2015, 01:01:51 pm
nugget, chunk, clod, clump, ingot, mass, any other synonym for a small possibly "valuable" article of information. I can phrase it in about 15 different ways if you really want.

Well, most would associate nugget with something of value, that's all.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2015, 01:13:38 pm
Considering the source I felt like it was valuable which is my opinion. I did state take it as you wish toward the end. I feel like you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Uncommon on July 30, 2015, 12:53:21 pm
If said friend got his info from 247, it is true we could sign 23 but what Bielema actually said is that they will sign 18 to 23 players for the Class of 2016.  Otis Kirk said he believed they would probably sign 23 players not Bielema.

The number of signees will likely be decided on how many underclassmen leave for the NFL or for other schools.  For all we know, we have 82 on scholarship and 12 seniors.  That currently leaves us with 15 guaranteed scholarship spots for next year.  That number goes up as more players leave resulting in more players we can sign in this year's class.

Appreciate you clearing it up Uncommon!

ricepig

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on July 30, 2015, 01:33:15 pm
Considering the source I felt like it was valuable which is my opinion. I did state take it as you wish toward the end. I feel like you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Nah, it's good, carry on.

navyhog24

Quote from: Uncommon on July 30, 2015, 12:53:21 pm

I think it lead more to the 23 though. I can see a few of the juniors leaving since BA will be leaving. They might just want to leave their UA careers on a high note after this season and not help break in a new QB.

I can see Henry, Kirkland, and Alex leaving, meaning going pro, as far as the juniors and possibly big Dan. All will have nothing else to prove to be honest.

I'm sure there will be transfers as well. 

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2015, 01:13:38 pm
is this what hogville is coming to? 

ricepig

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on July 30, 2015, 02:40:19 pm

Well, he said Bielema "officially" said 23, when in retrospect, it was a pay board recruiting writer who said 23, so yeah, it is.

MissippHog

lefty08

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on July 30, 2015, 02:40:19 pm

This is what hogville has always been. Filled with people thinking they are in the know. I love this place
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

tusksincolorado

Dang....I thought I was going to get some worth-while information.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

trashcan maN

HOW DAAAAARE THE OP try and spark a convo about something he heard relating to Razorbacks athletics!! Nugget you say, good sir!?? BAH!!!

lefty08

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 31, 2015, 10:04:08 am
HOW DAAAAARE THE OP try and spark a convo about something he heard relating to Razorbacks athletics!! Nugget you say, good sir!?? BAH!!!

I dont think any of us have a problem with starting conversations on here, its just if you are gonna state something you have heard through the grapevine or read somewhere tell us what you actually heard or read, not what makes it more juicy. Dont decieve by embellishing (SP?) .  Thats what gets old in here
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lefty08 on July 31, 2015, 07:01:30 pm

I dont think any of us have a problem with starting conversations on here, its just if you are gonna state something you have heard through the grapevine or read somewhere tell us what you actually heard or read, not what makes it more juicy. Dont decieve by embellishing (SP?) .  Thats what gets old in here
what gets old is so many unimportant nerds in here find it unfathomable that somebody might actually know somebody in the world. for instance, i've been in the homes of cedric cobbs, batman carroll, fred talley, my boy jb, and jamal anderson and have kicked it hard with ddawg and todd day. But 90% of you find that mockably ridiculous. Just shows me how isolated some of you guys are, because i'm nobody special. I've also chilled at Nolan's Ranch 4 times i can remember off the top of my head. But if I hear something and come in here and say, "Ms Rose says such-in-such about this or that..." I'd get mocked on here. So, now you are left with fools making darn up. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT to happen when you guys ridicule every good info that does touch this board? I mostly just pm whenever i actually hear something out there now-a-days. Not worth it to tell the masses here  anything.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogWildBison2011

I just like to say nugget. I do wonder how many more DT we take in this class. We might be offering Chris Daniels soon if he does better on his ACT and I think we will get a visit from the Bama commit "Hulk" Jones.. We only have one graduating and I'm not to worried about any jumping early unless it's transfers.