Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

white and whaley??

Started by snoop hawgy hawg, July 27, 2015, 08:55:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 12, 2015, 12:01:36 pm
Yes, my fault.  Edited.  Bottom line is he didn't build that program for success.  He used what was already there.

Roberts had some decent talent, Freeze increased it, as have the others. It's G-5 talent, but competitive on their level.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 12, 2015, 12:15:40 pm
So when/if we miss on White and Whaley, I wonder who we go after...

We still need at least two RB's in this class.

You aren't going to care, you'll be busy in Feb.........

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2015, 12:19:30 pm
You aren't going to care, you'll be busy in Feb.........

True story.  You guys will have to make due without me as much on NSD.  I know that's devastating news.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Why would a top RB turn down Arkansas when we will be losing two 1,000 yard rushers? You know that Bielema will feed you the rock and turn you into an NFL back.

Wildhog

Pennamon is apparently still going to officially visit.  Maybe we can get him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2015, 12:29:26 pm
Why would a top RB turn down Arkansas when we will be losing two 1,000 yard rushers? You know that Bielema will feed you the rock and turn you into an NFL back.

Why, indeed...
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 12, 2015, 12:29:43 pm
Pennamon is apparently still going to officially visit.  Maybe we can get him.

They aren't signing 4 RB's, that's for sure.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2015, 12:35:32 pm
They aren't signing 4 RB's, that's for sure.

You're right- White would make 5...

Wildhog

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 12, 2015, 12:35:57 pm

Somebody will get cut loose.  Denzell Mitchell will probably be one.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 12, 2015, 12:35:57 pm

Quote from: Wildhog on August 12, 2015, 12:37:41 pm
Somebody will get cut loose.  Denzell Mitchell will probably be one.

Would be my guess, too.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2015, 12:40:10 pm
Would be my guess, too.

so + White and - Mitchell still leaves them at 4...

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 12, 2015, 12:42:00 pm
so + White and - Mitchell still leaves them at 4...

So, I'm sorry, I missed where White had committed to them. They still won't sign 4 RB's, care to wager?

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2015, 12:43:45 pm
So, I'm sorry, I missed where White had committed to them. They still won't sign 4 RB's, care to wager?

I HOPE they don't sign White, I also HOPE they don't sign 3-4 4* rbs.  why would I want to wager on them doing just that??  that being said- can anyone really count them out for any recruit right now

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 12, 2015, 12:47:56 pm
I HOPE they don't sign White, I also HOPE they don't sign 3-4 4* rbs.  why would I want to wager on them doing just that??  that being said- can anyone really count them out for any recruit right now

They are the soup de jour at the moment, let's see in Feb.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 12, 2015, 11:25:53 am
Devin White is a moron if he chooses Old P!$$.

They don't even run the ball!!! They've NEVER had a good back under Freeze. They only run to keep defenses honest!

redeye

We battled Ole Miss for a couple of RB's last year and ended up with RWIII, who had been committed to them.  It could happen again.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 12, 2015, 11:49:18 am
We aren't getting both IMO. I think everyone was discounting RWIII until reading recent reports. We will be fine, I mean a freak show, if we land either one of these guys

We had Williams committed and then told Swinney he'd be the only back.  So we backed off Williams and Swinney hurts himself before he makes it to campus and is out the year.  Karma. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

lefty08

Yeah the only reason he came here is because ole miss lied to a recruit so the didn't want Williams anymore
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

KevinOMReb

Quote from: lefty08 on August 12, 2015, 02:56:31 pm
Yeah the only reason he came here is because ole miss lied to a recruit so the didn't want Williams anymore

That's not what I said.  He was committed to Ole Miss.  Arkansas was his second choice.  That isn't for debate I don't believe.  He committed very early.  We liked Swinney a bit more and to get him we told him we wouldn't sign another back.  Hence Williams to Arkansas.  He's a fine back and will do well. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

The Hogfather

Quote from: KevinOMReb on August 12, 2015, 02:59:21 pm
That's not what I said.  He was committed to Ole Miss.  Arkansas was his second choice.  That isn't for debate I don't believe.  He committed very early.  We liked Swinney a bit more and to get him we told him we wouldn't sign another back.  Hence Williams to Arkansas.  He's a fine back and will do well. 

He was committed to Ole Miss until we told him we'd take him.

The Hogfather

Leading Rusher at Ole Miss:

2013:  Mathers 563 yards
2014:  Walton 586 yards

Leading Rusher at Arkansas:

2013:  Collins 1,026 yards (Williams had 900 yards)
2014:  Williams 1,190 yards (Collins had 1,100 yards)

ldfergu

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 12, 2015, 03:12:54 pm
He was committed to Ole Miss until we told him we'd take him.

Zing!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Why is Ole Piss spending all these recruiting hours on Rb they won't use? Sounds like a dumb plan. You won't see CBB trying to sign 15 WR a year like CBP did

Redbug

You HAVE To IDENTIFY who you're talking about....

Sure ole miss has so far UNDERPERFORMED for all the hype...

But for now they've got a commitment from a highly rated QB...that's bouncing around from high school to high school...KNOWS how the game is being played nowadays...his brother gets hired on staff and he just happens to "switch" to ole miss...Goes out to Oregon....hobnobs with a bunch of the offensive talent that is there...

So in this thread and the Cleveland thread...WE ARE TALKING ABOUT offensive skill players....more apt to be swayed and courted by an incoming QB etc.....lots of potential athletic ability....but I'm not sure any of them could get into Stanford....

Until we IMPROVE on our 2-14 SEC record and show the Jim Chaney offense no longer resides in Fayetteville and that our DEFENSE and overall team can sustain and improve on the visible strides that appeared at the end of last season...it's gonna be a bit of a "process" as Coach B likes to point out....

With all the hype and recruiting "starz" etc....I wouldn't trade our position and FUTURE for ole misses anyway or anyday

hogsfan31

lefty08

Quote from: KevinOMReb on August 12, 2015, 02:59:21 pm

That is exactly what you said. just know any school can claim the same and be "right"
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Looking more like we need to sic Rawleigh W. on Pennamon. From Texas, committed to Ole Miss, signed with Arkansas. The reason we need 2 stud rb's isn't about the depth next year.  It will mean more to AA, RP and Storey. Uncommon can't miss backs will make them a lot more comfortable back their.

go hogues

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 12, 2015, 04:00:09 pm
Why is Ole Piss spending all these recruiting hours on Rb they won't use? Sounds like a dumb plan. You won't see CBB trying to sign 15 WR a year like CBP did
With a RB like White, their offense would be unstoppable.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

presidenthog

Quote from: go hogues on August 13, 2015, 12:04:38 am
You couldn't be further from the truth. they would waste a talent like white because 1) thier line sucks besides tunsil. I mean is legitimately bad. 2) their offensive philosophy is to throw bubble screens 100x a game to act as thier run game instead of actually running the ball. they have no desire to run the ball.  they only run it because they have to every once in a while so the defense will atleast give it a fleeting thought. white will be wasted at Ole miss. he is a down hill runner. they line up in shotgun and have no semblance of a down hill attack and that is a mixture of philosophy and personel.

MissippHog

How did you come to this conclusion?  In all honesty, he really doesn't fit the system that they run at Ole Miss. 

ARtillahog

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 12, 2015, 11:46:07 am
White's "ride fell through" when he was supposed to come up for the spring game.  Then he has to cancel a visit due to a family vacation that was apparently last minute.  However this spring/summer he has found a way to make it to (and in most cases multiple trips) Bama, LSU, OM, AU, FSU and to the Opening in Oregon.

That was proven to never be true and a hoax started by a LSU writer.  Apparently, from Pig in the Pokey/Kenny G, he had the family vacation planned and FSU was convenient.

ARtillahog

OM originally wanted him as a LB, only recently did they start telling him he could be a RB.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 13, 2015, 07:40:55 am
OM originally wanted him as a LB, only recently did they start telling him he could be a RB.

He certainly won't be used like he should at Ole Miss.  It would be a complete waste.

redeye

We could use White or Whaley right now.  :(

duckman

Quote from: redeye on August 16, 2015, 05:54:41 pm
We could use White or Whaley right now.  :(

No we couldn't they aren't eligible til 2016. 

By the way, we will be fine this year...

lumphog

Quote from: duckman on August 16, 2015, 08:38:56 pm

YEP .... RW3/KW

redeye

Quote from: duckman on August 16, 2015, 08:38:56 pm

Yea, I just mean if they were available.  But as you said, we'll be fine.