Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Kansas

Started by Hawghiggs, July 26, 2015, 11:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Three of them are DE's and I'm not sure we'll take anymore DE's.  Isaiah Simmons attended a camp back in June, but we haven't offered, yet.

We do seem to be hitting Kansas hard nowadays, which I like.

31to6

Quote from: redeye on July 26, 2015, 02:22:04 pm
Three of them are DE's and I'm not sure we'll take anymore DE's.  Isaiah Simmons attended a camp back in June, but we haven't offered, yet.

We do seem to be hitting Kansas hard nowadays, which I like.
Kansas doesn't produce a lot of D-1 talent but the loyalties seem to be all over the map since K-State is the only good program.

Recruiting Kansas doesn't make sense as a focus, but selectively it makes sense--particularly if you are going to recruit Missouri and KC Metro anyway.

The Johnson county football programs don't want for anything in terms of coaching or facilities, so the talent they do produce will be ready for college ball.

Except for Wichita, most of the population of Kansas is within 5 hours of Fayetteville--and KC is only 3 1/2 hours.

Lots of Hog alumni up here as well.

redeye

Quote from: 31to6 on July 26, 2015, 05:21:13 pm
Kansas doesn't produce a lot of D-1 talent but the loyalties seem to be all over the map since K-State is the only good program.

Recruiting Kansas doesn't make sense as a focus, but selectively it makes sense--particularly if you are going to recruit Missouri and KC Metro anyway.

The Johnson county football programs don't want for anything in terms of coaching or facilities, so the talent they do produce will be ready for college ball.

Except for Wichita, most of the population of Kansas is within 5 hours of Fayetteville--and KC is only 3 1/2 hours.

Lots of Hog alumni up here as well.

Yea, I agree.  Their JUCO's put out some nice talent and they're just so close to Fayetteville that it makes sense.  There's not enough talent to put a lot of focus there, but some good players can be had if it's done selectively, as you said.  Reed and Ledbetter are examples from last year.

Hawghiggs

This is what I have noticed also. I realize that Kansas doesn't produce a lot of talent. But if we could some how lure a couple of the top ones each year. Then that might be a quality pipeline.

Supermark101

Wichita is only a little over 4 hours away. I make the drive a lot.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Not much talent but a lot of them are ready to get the hell out of Kansas

31to6

Quote from: Supermark101 on July 27, 2015, 05:38:50 am
Wichita is only a little over 4 hours away. I make the drive a lot.
You are right...

JackJohnson

Kelly just committed to Clemson and was supposed to come by our campus in June but don't think he ever made it.

Simmons did come to a camp and dropped a 4.37 40 at 6-3 207, but I don't think we ever ended up offering him.  I am still hopeful we do bc a kid with that frame and speed you can find a place to play him on D

redeye

I believe Pittman has connections to Kansas JUCO's and may not be the only one.  As previously noted, loyalties in Kansas are all over the place.  Nebraska and Oklahoma are popular and JUCO players often prefer some place close to home, wherever that may be.  I mentioned my desire to recruit Kansas better last year in this forum and I think we're doing it now (might have been before, but it seems like our efforts have picked up there, to me).  We got Ledbetter and Reed last year, but the thing is that our coaches won't automatically want every Kansas player who's rated 4* or better, because we're selective.

Last time I checked, there wasn't as much talent in this year's Kansas class, compared to last year, when it was loaded.  Regardless, I'm happy with the attention we're giving Kansas.

redeye

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 27, 2015, 10:14:25 am
Simmons did come to a camp and dropped a 4.37 40 at 6-3 207, but I don't think we ever ended up offering him.  I am still hopeful we do bc a kid with that frame and speed you can find a place to play him on D

Simmons is somewhat surprising.  I keep thinking we'll eventually offer, but we haven't.  Who's ahead of him on our board?

JackJohnson

Quote from: redeye on July 27, 2015, 10:22:22 am
Simmons is somewhat surprising.  I keep thinking we'll eventually offer, but we haven't.  Who's ahead of him on our board?

Yea I don't get it either with Simmons.  Not only is he big and fast, but he is ranked a 4* on at least 1 service (scout) and has 11 P5 offers so apparently he can play and isn't just a measurable guy

I know they really like Deon Edwards from Lake Minneola, FL but we are his best offer (imo but he does have some really good ones) so he may not even have a committable one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Deon-Edwards-172227

We are also on Chance Sylvie from Shreveport and DeMarcus Acy from Dallas, so I am hoping we eventually end up with a couple of these guys as we can never have enough talented DB's and all these guys are just that

Wildhog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 27, 2015, 10:30:59 am
Yea I don't get it either with Simmons.  Not only is he big and fast, but he is ranked a 4* on at least 1 service (scout) and has 11 P5 offers so apparently he can play and isn't just a measurable guy

I know they really like Deon Edwards from Lake Minneola, FL but we are his best offer (imo but he does have some really good ones) so he may not even have a committable one.

We are also on Chance Sylvie from Shreveport and DeMarcus Acy from Dallas, so I am hoping we eventually end up with a couple of these guys as we can never have enough talented DB's and all these guys are just that

We just offered Sylvie
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: Wildhog on July 27, 2015, 10:36:06 am
We just offered Sylvie

Sylvie has quite an offer sheet.  He's already visited Arkansas, so I'm surprised it took so long to offer him, too.  He has to be the current #1 S on our board.

Update: I guess Deon Edwards would have been #1, since he's had an offer for a while.

JackJohnson

Quote from: redeye on July 27, 2015, 11:17:51 am
Sylvie has quite an offer sheet.  He's already visited Arkansas, so I'm surprised it took so long to offer him, too.  He has to be the current #1 S on our board.

Update: I guess Deon Edwards would have been #1, since he's had an offer for a while.

I actually had thought we offered Sylvie quite a while ago but I guess not.  Not only does he have quite the offer list- but he already has 4 visits scheduled so if we are going to make our move we need to hurry and get that 5th. 

Also- I am wondering if he is a mid term guy?  All of his scheduled visits are in September or early October.  Of course it could just be a case of one of those kids that would rather take his official to see a game rather then coming in Jan and maybe making a basketball game.  IF he is not midterm since we are his closest option of those he has visit schedule to it would be sweet if we could get him to take an unofficial for the Auburn game, then make his official later on closer to signing day.

So far- this is his visit list

Notre Dame 9/4 vs Texas
Michigan 9/11 vs Oregon St
Arizona 9/25 vs UCLA
Nebraska 10/9 vs Wisconsin

We play AU 10/24 in what will be our first game in Fayetteville in over a month and coming off a bye so the place should be rocking and *could* have gameday.  Either way- official or unofficial- I hope we can get him to come up for it

redeye

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 27, 2015, 11:26:19 am
I actually had thought we offered Sylvie quite a while ago but I guess not.  Not only does he have quite the offer list- but he already has 4 visits scheduled so if we are going to make our move we need to hurry and get that 5th. 

Also- I am wondering if he is a mid term guy?  All of his scheduled visits are in September or early October.  Of course it could just be a case of one of those kids that would rather take his official to see a game rather then coming in Jan and maybe making a basketball game.  IF he is not midterm since we are his closest option of those he has visit schedule to it would be sweet if we could get him to take an unofficial for the Auburn game, then make his official later on closer to signing day.

So far- this is his visit list

Notre Dame 9/4 vs Texas
Michigan 9/11 vs Oregon St
Arizona 9/25 vs UCLA
Nebraska 10/9 vs Wisconsin

We play AU 10/24 in what will be our first game in Fayetteville in over a month and coming off a bye so the place should be rocking and *could* have gameday.  Either way- official or unofficial- I hope we can get him to come up for it

He camped at Arkansas last Summer, so he's not unfamiliar with our campus.  Still, I'd feel a lot better if he visited again.  No SEC schools on his visit list make me wonder if he wants to leave the region.

JackJohnson

Quote from: redeye on July 27, 2015, 10:22:22 am

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 27, 2015, 10:30:59 am

Looks like Edwards was #1!! 

https://twitter.com/edwards2dede/status/626502184197320704

JackJohnson

Quote from: redeye on July 27, 2015, 11:43:22 am
He camped at Arkansas last Summer, so he's not unfamiliar with our campus.  Still, I'd feel a lot better if he visited again.  No SEC schools on his visit list make me wonder if he wants to leave the region.

Sylvie committed to OU today.   I wasn't aware that he had visited recently- but apparently not only did he camp with us last year in 2014 and then came up on an unofficial last month in June I believe.  Looks like he was a kid that wanted to get the process over with. 

He already had 4 officials set up for Sept and Oct- yet none were with OU?  Very strange.  And it isn't like OU is that far from here so if that is far enough away we would have been as well.

I also wonder if we had gotten tired of waiting on Edwards to commit (who was clearly our #1 based on how long he had an offer), so we offered Sylvie to apply some pressure and it worked? 

In any event I really like Edwards who projects as a SS and would have loved to bookend him back there with Sylvie who projects as a FS

redeye

July 30, 2015, 04:10:45 pm #18 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:07:49 pm by redeye
Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2015, 02:48:41 pm
Sylvie committed to OU today.   I wasn't aware that he had visited recently- but apparently not only did he camp with us last year in 2014 and then came up on an unofficial last month in June I believe.  Looks like he was a kid that wanted to get the process over with. 

He already had 4 officials set up for Sept and Oct- yet none were with OU?  Very strange.  And it isn't like OU is that far from here so if that is far enough away we would have been as well.

I also wonder if we had gotten tired of waiting on Edwards to commit (who was clearly our #1 based on how long he had an offer), so we offered Sylvie to apply some pressure and it worked? 

In any event I really like Edwards who projects as a SS and would have loved to bookend him back there with Sylvie who projects as a FS

Thanks for the update!

We're still recruiting another safety and it's a long time before NSD, so he may still be on our board.

edit: The more I think about it, the coincidence of us getting Edwards, and OU getting Sylvie the very next day, may very well be connected.  Sounds like we may have been waiting to see what one of them would do.