Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis Kirk just picked Devin White to Ark

Started by JackJohnson, July 24, 2015, 05:52:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

In his crystal ball.  I am not a fan, but he is pretty objective in his picks and I believe just changed that over from LSU.  I'm sure he is likely taking a stab at it, but found it interesting nonetheless. 

Wildhog

Would be huge.  I'll believe I when I see it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Feeling good too.....  Probably a bad sign.

Wildhog

Quote from: duckman on July 24, 2015, 05:54:16 pm
Feeling good too.....  Probably a bad sign.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.  Flashbacks of DGB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 24, 2015, 05:53:54 pm
Would be huge.  I'll believe I when I see it.

Yeah, I still have a problem believing Grit, too many years of "stories."

JackJohnson

Quote from: Wildhog on July 24, 2015, 05:55:34 pm
Haha, my thoughts exactly.  Flashbacks of DGB.

Yea him and Solly Thomas were painful as all the Ark guys universally thought they were coming here for the longest.  Weathersby and Hill were a pretty big punch to the gut as well

Dwight_K_Shrute

Otis also picked the butt cut as his permanent hair style
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Huds_HawgTide

Ill take it...pay attn, maybe more picks will come in for arkansas and give it some legs
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

Also, kirk might have been asking coaches bout the kid released by Wisconsin and got some very positive news on white and why they are gonna pass
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

DCimport

I'll wear Jorts all february if he signs with us

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

hawg1221

I'm thinking...wouldn't it be cool if...we had 2 DW's, RW, KW, and AC if he comes back for the running back position. Lot of last names ending in W.

deedster84

Can you imagin if we got both Whaley and White? Remember that 3 headed monster running attack at UW. RBU can become an annual tradition.

MissippHog

RedyorNot

Good way to head into the weekend even if it isn't right.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 24, 2015, 06:02:52 pm
Yea him and Solly Thomas were painful as all the Ark guys universally thought they were coming here for the longest.  Weathersby and Hill were a pretty big punch to the gut as well
i'd say we dodged a bullet on DGB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Peter Porker

Well, Otis did say the linebacker from Utah had no interest when other reporters were chasing him everyday.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ldfergu

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 24, 2015, 06:43:11 pm
Well, Otis did say the linebacker from Utah had no interest when other reporters were chasing him everyday.

Porter Gustin?

pigture perfect

Yeah, I think that's who he was referencing.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oklahawg

Otis has had to work harder, post-Nutt. That has made his work more representative. Lots of competition, too, will do that.

We didn't want DGB, it turns out, assuming all the crap would've happened here also.

We needed Weathersby to be a mid-year enrollee and he'd be here.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 24, 2015, 05:52:52 pm
In his crystal ball.  I am not a fan, but he is pretty objective in his picks and I believe just changed that over from LSU.  I'm sure he is likely taking a stab at it, but found it interesting nonetheless.

I'm a fan... But I also appreciate RD and others for their info... Otis is a good guy and was always nice to me when I was a cameraman at KATV and I shot Houston's Coach's Show for KATV/ARSN for the first 3 years of his tenure.

Otis wouldn't put his neck out there like this if he didn't feel that we had a chance. He also said that Alabama was one of Devin's choices so it could go either way for us. Recruiting is never concrete, it's highly fluid.

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 24, 2015, 06:04:09 pm
Otis also picked the butt cut as his permanent hair style

I usually like your posts but feel you are taking it too far here... But to each their own.

I honestly feel We are on the precipice of something very special... I just want to enjoy the ride and watch the results. I am not interested in crucifying someone but understand that recruiting turns on a dime.

Cheers and Wooo Pig. Stay positive my friends, great things are around the corner.  :razorback:

redeye

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 24, 2015, 06:02:52 pm

Wasn't just the Arkansas guys.  I think Solly was hard to read and some say our own coaches were expecting him to pick Arkansas.

IIRC, Otis has flip-flopped a couple of times on White, so he probably does believe he's coming now.  Considering all the recent news, I take it as a good sign.  One thing I don't think we often see is Otis picking another school for a kid who chooses Arkansas, so I don't know how this can be anything but good news.

Hawgzinbowlz

I'd rather Otis say he's coming here than going elsewhere.

" GO HOGS "

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 24, 2015, 08:16:20 pm

" GO HOGS "

Agreed
tommy boy

JackJohnson

Quote from: redeye on July 24, 2015, 07:54:27 pm
IIRC, Otis has flip-flopped a couple of times on White, so he probably does believe he's coming now.  Considering all the recent news, I take it as a good sign.  One thing I don't think we often see is Otis picking another school for a kid who chooses Arkansas, so I don't know how this can be anything but good news.

" GO HOGS "

Agreed that is why I took it as a positive.  He rarely sticks his neck out on major big time recruits unless he is really sure about it.  As always things can change but I would much rather have him make the ark pick

JIHawg

I think I saw that Solly at Stanford was moved from tight end to defensive end.  We were pretty sick over his rejection, and as usual, it turns out to not be a very big deal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JIHawg on July 24, 2015, 09:22:11 pm
I think I saw that Solly at Stanford was moved from tight end to defensive end.  We were pretty sick over his rejection, and as usual, it turns out to not be a very big deal.

Didn't realize he started his Stanford career at TE.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 24, 2015, 07:17:52 pm

We needed Weathersby to be a mid-year enrollee and he'd be here.

Wait, what?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

jjdlc

Quote from: JIHawg on July 24, 2015, 09:22:11 pm

He was never a tight end.  He was a 5* DE.

JIHawg

Quote from: jjdlc on July 24, 2015, 09:28:01 pm
He was never a tight end.  He was a 5* DE.

Must be thinking of somebody else-a tight end that jilted us at the last minute one year.

redeye

Quote from: JIHawg on July 24, 2015, 10:16:00 pm
Must be thinking of somebody else-a tight end that jilted us at the last minute one year.

The only one that comes to mind for me is Chris Barnett, but I don't it was the last minute and wasn't he actually committed for a while?

redeye

I suspect some of you know this already, but if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, Devin White was expected to camp at LSU this weekend, but now it appears that he'll be attending a family reunion, instead.

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

hawgwild child

Who is Whites lead recruiter?  Just curious

redeye

Quote from: hawgwild child on July 25, 2015, 12:54:05 am
Who is Whites lead recruiter?  Just curious

Think it's Michael Smith.  That's what 247 shows and he's our LA guy.

chitwnhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 24, 2015, 05:57:00 pm
Yeah, I still have a problem believing Grit, too many years of "stories."

My thoughts exactly.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

CattleCorn

The real Hogules

" GO HOGS "

Well Otis is certainly no MUBobby, but I too would prefer that he feel good about our chances as opposed to not so good.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Polecat

Quote from: deedster84 on July 24, 2015, 06:30:22 pm
Can you imagin if we got both Whaley and White? Remember that 3 headed monster running attack at UW. RBU can become an annual tradition.
Double D-dubs. I like it
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Styflin

thebignasty

Quote from: redeye on July 24, 2015, 10:23:09 pm
The only one that comes to mind for me is Chris Barnett, but I don't it was the last minute and wasn't he actually committed for a while?

Barnett was committed for a while.  My memory is that he was expected to sign, and we never got the fax on nsd. He signed with Michigan instead, I think.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Oklahawg

Quote from: Styflin on July 25, 2015, 03:17:31 pm
I would like to hear more about Wethersby as well.

We were the reason Weathersby decommited from UT. He was all over UA until the bowl season dead period. LSU got in the hunt afterwards.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

The TE who stood us up was Lonnie Davis, from Tallahassee, FL. I think that is the right name. It was a big deal under Nutt. We chased this kid hard (as hard as Nutt chased, which is a relative thing) and Bowden offered at the last minute. He was a likely non-qualifier (indeed, wound up at a JUCO and then back at FSU) and Bowden had a slot.

go hogues

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 25, 2015, 08:18:33 pm
The TE who stood us up was Lonnie Davis, from Tallahassee, FL. I think that is the right name. It was a big deal under Nutt. We chased this kid hard (as hard as Nutt chased, which is a relative thing) and Bowden offered at the last minute. He was a likely non-qualifier (indeed, wound up at a JUCO and then back at FSU) and Bowden had a slot.
Petrino was the coach I think
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: go hogues on July 25, 2015, 08:49:42 pm
Petrino was the coach I think

No, it was Nutt, and it was like a dozen years ago.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: thebignasty on July 25, 2015, 05:41:20 pm
Barnett was committed for a while.  My memory is that he was expected to sign, and we never got the fax on nsd. He signed with Michigan instead, I think.

Yeah, he was the most recent I can recall.