Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Johnson commit

Started by WildRazorback, June 19, 2015, 08:11:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elviscat

Great recruit! this guy is a stud. He could play several position and could provide help next year to our fullback situation. He runs the ball well and the most amazing thing is that he catches the ball exceptionally well. We haven't had that in many years. This would add another dimension to our offense and allow BA with a short pass to the flats and creative more problems for the opponent to defend. Way to go staff, a great pick up.

lefty08

Quote from: 870hogfan on June 20, 2015, 02:54:33 pm

Couldn't you say that about an high school kid too?

He could, it's just more fun to do so to the players we have on campus already
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

redeye

Quote from: hawgball9401 on June 20, 2015, 08:14:20 am
Go look at the list of FB's on 247 and Rivals.  According to Rivals, there are only 6 FBs in the country worthy of ANY stars and Hayden is one of them.  If you don't care about stars, look at the offer lists of the other FBs and you will see this kid has more offers than most, if not all, other FBs in the country.

I didn't even think about that.  So I guess signing a FB is like signing a kicker, since neither are ever given many stars.  I see Auburn signed the #1 FB and he's only 229lbs.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: elviscat on June 20, 2015, 02:51:03 pm
Great recruit! this guy is a stud. He could play several position and could provide help next year to our fullback situation. He runs the ball well and the most amazing thing is that he catches the ball exceptionally well. We haven't had that in many years. This would add another dimension to our offense and allow BA with a short pass to the flats and creative more problems for the opponent to defend. Way to go staff, a great pick up.

Might be a fair point if BA was going to actually be here to throw to him  :P

rzrbackramsfan

I have a feeling that our staff knows a good fullback when they see one  ;D

Can't wait to watch this kid.

Not to mention, if he turns out to be a good player, it will be positive publicity for us in Mizzou country.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 08:39:41 pm
Check this out...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3199954/highlights/165196375/v2
Dang boys we have ourselves a Football player.  He will strike you on defense and blocking or he can go out for a pass or run the football.  I did not know anything about him but after watching the video I I have no doubts CBB knew exactly what he was doing.

bennyl08

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 20, 2015, 04:15:52 pm
Might be a fair point if BA was going to actually be here to throw to him  :P

Beat me to that.

I can see what you say with questioning using a scholly on a FB, but watching his film, I am excited about him.

I don't think he really compares to any of our previous guys at FB. The closest would probably be Hillis, but this guy has a lot to prove before he comes close to that. Watching the film the first thing that jumps out is he plays with a fierce, reckless abandon. He'll have to play a bit more under control or else whiff on some blocks. But from the tape, he looks like a player than can run when his number is called and catch it well enough. He has the size that he can motion out and be a line blocker and is quick enough if offense doesn't work out, he could be a reserve DE. As others have stated, he isn't quite SEC DE or TE athletic, but is very athletic, extremely aggressive, and apparently impressed between the ears enough to immediately get a scholly. He is athletic enough to be a versatile FB and IMO almost too tall to really be a FB. However, Van Stumon was an exceptional FB for us too (I really think he doesn't get the credit he deserves) and was similarly sized. He was the one, not Small, who helped pave the way for Knile's big season.

As for position of biggest need? No. We could get by with zero FB's on the roster and still do just fine. However, we do better with a FB and while we have heard coaches get excited about guys like Chris Jones and Colquitt in the spring and summer, we lacked a true FB last year. This guy has the physical tools to be right up there in the realm of FB's for us, and as valuable as guys like Hillis, Stumon, and Small have been, he's worth the scholarship to find out.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: elviscat on June 20, 2015, 02:51:03 pm
Short pass, deep pass, wheel route. This kid could execute any of them...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 20, 2015, 11:15:48 pm
Short pass, deep pass, wheel route. This kid could execute any of them...

And then add Austin Cantrell and the rest of Our tight end core running out of 3 TE sets. Love where all this headed. I can't wait for September!

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

johnnytkb

No doubt, he is a football player!!  Fill the team up with those type of players, looks very versatile

johnnytkb

Look at his offers, Air Force, Army and Navy   Now look at the kids GPA 3.9!!!
Versatile on the field and off.  Could be great pickup.
Jimmy Johnson once said to hit him on the head with a hammer the next time he drafts a dump football player. 
Excited for the young man    Keep it up

JIHawg

Quote from: johnnytkb on June 21, 2015, 10:27:06 am
Look at his offers, Air Force, Army and Navy   Now look at the kids GPA 3.9!!!
Versatile on the field and off.  Could be great pickup.
Jimmy Johnson once said to hit him on the head with a hammer the next time he drafts a dump football player. 
Excited for the young man    Keep it up

Yep.  Only the gungho high character hard working intelligent types are material for the service academies.

Filthy_McSwine

The choads on that gawdawful Tigerboard seem to think he'll flip if Missouri offers.

lefty08

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on June 21, 2015, 12:34:27 pm
The choads on that gawdawful Tigerboard seem to think he'll flip if Missouri offers.
He very well could but if be was high on Mizzou he wouldn't have said them specifically followed by I'm shutting it down
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

mizzouman

From what I'm hearing he wants to play FB not defense. Mizzou wants him on the DL for obvious reasons. That's why no offer yet. Great kid and a great pickup for the Hogs.

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Johnson. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hoggish1

THIS is a great get.  Just wait...!

31to6

Quote from: mizzouman on June 21, 2015, 07:05:31 pm
From what I'm hearing he wants to play FB not defense. Mizzou wants him on the DL for obvious reasons. That's why no offer yet. Great kid and a great pickup for the Hogs.
That makes sense. In pure "stars / talent" he's the kind of player that Pinkel has made a living developing, but Mizzou has not ever fielded a FB that I can recall and they rarely line anyone up as a H-Back.

When they do want to use someone as an H-Back, they have multiple TE's the can call on for that role.

Even at TB they prefer scat-backs. That is the back that fits their system and those sorts excel in it.

So, if he wants to play offense, it is not surprising he has not been offered by them and no black mark at all.

(Remember this the next time some in-state kid is not a good fit for the Hogs and we "lose" him to a nearby school.)

prattville pig

I like the fact that our coaches have enough confidence in our situation, that they now go out and offer role players.  Could be the difference in a few games over the next couple of years.
Life's too short to last long.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on June 21, 2015, 12:34:27 pm

@DannyWest1: "I'm shutting it down. Even if Missouri comes, done deal." - New #Arkansas fullback commit Hayden Johnson of Columbia (Mo.).

TejasPete

Great pickup, a good fullback is worth their weight in gold in BB's offense. Another high character kid too if all the military academies were offering, not gonna have to worry about grades or off field issues with him.

hoglady

At this time of year - I wouldn't think Coach B is taking any chances with the scholarships he offers. He believes in this kid's ability to contribute in a big way or he wouldn't have offered.
Welcome to the Hogs, young man - Excited to have you!!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

Austin Kim ‏@AustinKKim  3h3 hours ago
Web Extra: Rock Bridge's Hayden Johnson (@Hayden__johnson) on his Arkansas commitment http://www.abc17news.com/sports/web-extra-hayden-johnson-on-his-arkansas-commitment/33733800 ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: jbcarol on June 23, 2015, 09:19:08 pm
Austin Kim ‏@AustinKKim  3h3 hours ago
Web Extra: Rock Bridge's Hayden Johnson (@Hayden__johnson) on his Arkansas commitment http://www.abc17news.com/sports/web-extra-hayden-johnson-on-his-arkansas-commitment/33733800 ...

Thanks for the link. My gut feeling is that he is committed and won't waver.

He looks like a FB...with the right attitude.

" GO HOGS "

The real Hogules

Johnson will be a stud at FB, but he'd be a heck of a DE, too!
He's a big guy with better than average speed and a nose for the football.
A great get for CBB and the Razorbacks program!
Welcome to the Razorback family, H.J.!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 20, 2015, 08:58:42 am
Just to recap, since, as usual, anything but a "WPS" or "I love this kid!" is considered bashing:

I said I trust the coaches on this kid
I said congrats to the kid on coming to camp and earning the offer

OTHERS HAVE SAID
He is the next Hillis
He is the next Kiero
He will be an all-time great Hog. Mark it down
This fills the biggest need on the team

Yep, Im the crazy one

Again, congrats to the kid on earning a schollie to play in the sec. Hoping for the best.

You poor bastard... Folks riding you like you're a donkey. Hey man, I understand what you're saying and can see the wisdom in it. I just really liked that video after 4 to 9 beers and really believed that he had to be the spawn of Bambi 23. Now I'm hoping I was right or that people forgot to mark it down, BUT I do still like the pick up A LOT..!  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SoonerSooie

I will take another Kiero Small any day of the week-- and not care one bit if he had any other offers or stars! Talk about a beast!!

goshog

Offered by florida state today, says it doesnt change his commitment

redeye

Quote from: goshog on August 01, 2015, 10:55:53 am
Offered by florida state today, says it doesnt change his commitment

Wow

scruf

Quote from: prattville pig on June 22, 2015, 08:08:22 am
I like the fact that our coaches have enough confidence in our situation, that they now go out and offer role players.  Could be the difference in a few games over the next couple of years.
He's not being recruited as a role player. He's being recruited to be a future starter and impact player.

Hog N Bama

Welcome Hayden. Glad you are a HOG!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hog N Bama

Dude is a PHYSICAL bulldozer and fits right in with Coach B's scheme. ;D :razorback:

tophawg19

this is a kid who might fit at MLB also. he has the ability to be tough on both sides of ther ball in short yardage situations
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins