Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Johnson commit

Started by WildRazorback, June 19, 2015, 08:11:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WildRazorback

Hayden Johnson, who we recently offered. Great get! WPS!

He is from Columbia, MO and had approximately 15 offers. We are recruiting him as a fullback.

ricepig

ldfergu

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Hot Damn..! Welcome to the Hogs bro..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WildRazorback

Quote from: WildRazorback on June 19, 2015, 08:11:51 pm
Hayden Johnson (6'3", 255lbs) must be quite a beast for our coaches to offer him as a FB. Glad he committed quickly!

The_Boot_stops_here

Gotta admit, this one is not as easy to get excited about.  This is definately a 'trust the staff' kind of deal. Congrats to the kid on earning a shot to compete in the SEC though

ldfergu

http://247sports.com/Player/Hayden-Johnson-69932

Looks like we are his best offer but 6'3" 255 he could possibly play a few positions. Hope he's a beast!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 08:21:39 pm
Gotta admit, this one is not as easy to get excited about.  This is definately a 'trust the staff' kind of deal. Congrats to the kid on earning a shot to compete in the SEC though

Check this out...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3199954/highlights/165196375/v2
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Steef

They looked at him in person. Measured him in person. Tested him in person. Interviewed him in person.

Decided he was Hog material.

Instead of just looking at film.

Either they know what they're doing or not.

Welcome to the Hogs, young man. Welcome.

870hogfan

Wow... ::)

PaintballHog

His rankings and offers are for being a DE/TE. Our staff was smart enough to try him at another position, and it worked so well they offered him on the spot. At this point his offers and ranking should be ignored, because he will be a totally different player for us. This is very exciting.

HogFoo

this was the kid that just like this past weekend.  He looks like a beast at FB.  Which we know coach B likes a big bruiser at fullback.  I trust my coaches. I think he'll be a good addition.  I would love for us to get the White kid or the pennamin kid or however you spell his name.  My wish list tho is the White kid that is like 260lbs and runs a laser 4.5!  That dude would be awesome!    having those 2 guys in the backfield at the same would be pretty damn hard to stop!  talk about the jumbo package!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Pigsfeat

"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

online-with-swine

Quote from: steefhog on June 19, 2015, 08:43:52 pm
They looked at him in person. Measured him in person. Tested him in person. Interviewed him in person.

Decided he was Hog material.

Instead of just looking at film.

Either they know what they're doing or not.

Welcome to the Hogs, young man. Welcome.

This!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Congratulations to Mr. Hayden Johnson and welcome to 'The Hill'.

According to RD CBB and Coach Singleton were impressed with his physicality and athleticism.

" WOO PIG "

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 08:49:22 pm
His rankings and offers are for being a DE/TE. Our staff was smart enough to try him at another position, and it worked so well they offered him on the spot. At this point his offers and ranking should be ignored, because he will be a totally different player for us. This is very exciting.

He has the athleticism to be a DE/TE.  The staff sees a FB in him, he could always go back to defense, he has the size.  I see athlete.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogfan46

"I'm shutting it down. Even if Missouri comes, done deal." - New #Arkansas fullback commit Hayden Johnson of Columbia (Mo.).

I'd say he is committed.

WPS!

Slimac4

Negative Nancy. Watch the highlights and it's hard to not get excited about how versatile he is.

Hawgzinbowlz

24 offers indicate many coaches see good things in Mr. Johnson.

His visit to Arkansas was the first for Johnson and his family and he said they love Arkansas. It helps when mom and dad are on board.

" GO HOGS "

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Slimac4 on June 19, 2015, 09:26:01 pm
Negative Nancy. Watch the highlights and it's hard to not get excited about how versatile he is.

Haha. As i said, this is a trust the coaches commit for me. But as i also said, he earned the offer. He came to camp, worked and the coaches liked what they saw. Congrats to him. However, as I said when he got the offer, I find offering a FB interesting considering we're supposedly only taking 18-20 kids.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 19, 2015, 09:33:43 pm
24 offers indicate many coaches see good things in Mr. Johnson.

His visit to Arkansas was the first for Johnson and his family and he said they love Arkansas. It helps when mom and dad are on board.

" GO HOGS "

Let's not try and pretend that where those offers are from don't matter

lefty08

After his comments about shutting it down I appreciAte the kid even more. Welcome Home Hayden!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 09:35:25 pm

OK, I won't pretend.

Because I KNOW it doesn't matter.

If you're not aware enough to see that this kid being offered NOW, in a year with limited schollies available, when we have definite areas of need, speaks TONS about the value the staff sees in this kid, then you're beyond us helping you.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

COCHISE

There will be more offers from P5 conferences.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 19, 2015, 09:41:17 pm
OK, I won't pretend.

Because I KNOW it doesn't matter.

If you're not aware enough to see that this kid being offered NOW, in a year with limited schollies available, when we have definite areas of need, speaks TONS about the value the staff sees in this kid, then you're beyond us helping you.

Please dont pick and choose only parts of what I said. I fully acknowledged that the kid came and earned and offer and obviously the staff thinks highly of him. BUT, since someone wanted to point out he has 24 offers, (although 24/7 reports 14) I pointed out where those offers are from. But if the coaches saw enough out of the kid to make us only his 2nd P5 offer, then great!  Here's hoping he's the next Hillis

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: COCHISE on June 19, 2015, 09:54:45 pm
There will be more offers from P5 conferences.

Maybe so. If so, good for the kid. He's a Hog now and it doesnt sound like he'll waver

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pigsfeat on June 19, 2015, 08:59:12 pm
Looks like he has some good hands as a receiving back!

Absolutely..! His HS team runs him as Halfback, QB(wildcat), TE, WR, and DE. I haven't ever seen a kid this versatile and natural looking at all of the positions he is playing either. ***Mark it down*** This will be an all-time Hog great. I'm calling it now...

aloha_kid

Take a look at his tape.  Very versatile and could fill a variety of rolls.  Reminds me a bit of AJ Derby.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3199954/highlights/165196375/v2

aloha_kid

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 10:18:20 pm
Absolutely..! His HS team runs him as Halfback, QB(wildcat), TE, WR, and DE. I haven't ever seen a kid this versatile and natural looking at all of the positions he is playing either. ***Mark it down*** This will be an all-time Hog great. I'm calling it now...

I agree.  Looking at hudl he is extremely versatile.  He's gonna be a fun one to watch grow.  WPS!

The_Boot_stops_here

Haha. Oh, good grief. But here's hoping, I suppose. Haha

ckhawgu

RAZORHOGG15

Reminds me of Austin Cantrell, just a little slower
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

PaintballHog

Bold, I like it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 10:30:59 pm
Haha. Oh, good grief. But here's hoping, I suppose. Haha

Hey Boot... I have only typed the "***Mark it down***" once before. That guy was named Matt Jones...

PaintballHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 10:34:46 pm
Hey Boot... I have only typed the "***Mark it down***" once before. That guy was named Matt Jones...

If gambling was legal outside Oaklawn I would say we make a gentleman's wager on who's prediction is the closest. Reed Miller vs Hayden Johnson

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 10:37:00 pm
If gambling was legal outside Oaklawn I would say we make a gentleman's wager on who's prediction is the closest. Reed Miller vs Hayden Johnson

I like both of em for sure... Their kinda JJ Watt'ish dontcha think?

BigSexyHog

Looks like we have our Vin for this class. ....lmao.

I don't know a thing about this kid but calling him one of the all time greats before he steps foot on campus is a bit much don't you think? ???? LOL. 

Regardless looks like a good kid and glad to have him on board.  Welcome to the hogs!!!!
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PaintballHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 10:40:13 pm
I like both of em for sure... Their kinda JJ Watt'ish dontcha think?

Yup, or Scooby from Arizona

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 19, 2015, 10:41:51 pm
Looks like we have our Vin for this class. ....lmao.

I don't know a thing about this kid but calling him one of the all time greats before he steps foot on campus is a bit much don't you think? ???? LOL. 

Regardless looks like a good kid and glad to have him on board.  Welcome to the hogs!!!!
Someone always has to piss on the fire. Vin was a poet. This cat is a Foosbawl prayer...

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

MissippHog

Isn't that the case with all of the commits though?  Are we supposed to trust the coaches or do we trust the recruiting "experts?"  You seem to act like you know enough about this kid, why don't you tell us why you aren't excited about him being a Hog.  That way we can put our trust in you since you seem to have a good handle on what's needed for this team.

WorfHog

In this thread we have recruit bashing from our "objective" fans!   :puke: Welcome Hayden, Woo Pig!  :razorback:

WorfHog

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 11:06:42 pm
In this thread we have recruit bashing from our "objective" fans!   :puke: Welcome Hayden, Woo Pig!  :razorback:

Boot and Paintball lets see that D1 coaching resume! Oh wait you don't know darn.

PaintballHog

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 11:14:28 pm
Boot and Paintball lets see that D1 coaching resume! Oh wait you don't know darn.

I don't believe you read my post correctly. I disagree with Boot on this recruit.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Last thing... This kid was offered by EVERY military academy. Grades will NOT be an issue with this one.  Woo Pig!

Music City Hog

Oh my

lumphog

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 08:49:22 pm
AGREE.....some people don't have a clue and think they're a genius

Ugly Uncle

Kiero Small had ZERO offers except the Hogs.  Just saying.
Retired Radio Host

Hollywood_HOGan45

Because kiero small had a ton of great offers........

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on June 19, 2015, 11:20:04 pm
Kiero Small had ZERO offers except the Hogs.  Just saying.

Beat me to it.