Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas v Utah softball

Started by psycHOGlogist, February 17, 2018, 07:56:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 07:56:58 pm Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:18:47 pm by psycHOGlogist
Visiting team again.

T1 - missed the first two outs.
But Krzysko (hitting third) hits a solo HR - 1-0 Hogs! WPS!
That was the first run the UT pitcher has given up in this tournament, apparently.
Belans singles between SS and 3b, runner on 1, 2 outs.
Cooper K's on a 2-2 pitch.

Haven't seen a link to the live stats yet.

flippinhogmana

I missed the first two also, didnt expect to have this quick a turnaround!  Good job Loren!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 08:01:32 pm #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:12:11 pm by psycHOGlogist
Storms is indeed pitching. The hair flip is back!

Leadoff batter hits a sharp grounder to Bugarin - 1 out.
Next batter works a full count before singling up the middle, runner on 1, 1 out.
And the announcers are again totally pro the west coast team. Fun.
Third hitter fouls off about a million pitches before the runner tries to steal and gets GUNNED down by Kayla Green. Perfect throw. 2 outs. Batter has 2-2 count.
Storms finally gets her to pop out to shallow RB, and Bugarin goes back to snag it. Really long AB, and nothing to show.

Due up for the Hogs - Diaz, Green, and Malkin

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

freshman catcher already showing why she is getting the start!

flippinhogmana

13 pitch at bat, she made Autumn earn that out!

psycHOGlogist

T2
Diaz flies out first-pitch-swinging to RF. 1 out.
Green K's on a nice change up. This pitcher is pretty good for Utah.
Malkin works a full count off of a full Bull Durham rise ball into the screen, then she walks.
Bugarin goes down swinging.

Storms to face 4-5-6.

psycHOGlogist

B2
Storms K's the clean up hitter.
5 hole hitter singles to LF. Pretty good pitch, nice swing.
Next hitter grounds to ss, they get the force at 2nd, should have been a DP but Bugarin's throw was wide.  No error, but we should be out of the inning.
Runner on 1, 2 outs.
Next hitter grounds out to 3b.

Due up: Top of the Hog order

psycHOGlogist

T3
Buczek goes down swinging (at a bad pitch).
McEwen cracks one up the middle for a single. Very nice piece of hitting. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Krzysko works a full count before singling into RF, runners at 1/2, 1 out. Another good, patient AB.
Belans also works a full count before flying out to CF. Not very deep.
Cooper hits a soft grounder to SS and makes it close, but she's out to end the inning.

Storms to face 8-9-1 hitters.

psycHOGlogist

B3
Storms sits down the first batter with her 2nd K.
Next batter grounds to SS and beats the throw. Meh. Tough play, but one I think we have to make.
Next batter SB's the runner to 2nd. Runner on 2, 2 outs. Nice play at 3b by Autumn.
Next batter grounds one to 3b, E6. Just boots it but keeps it in front of her. Runners on the corners, 2 outs. She rushed herself there.
Next batter hits a chopper - Buczek tries but can't get it as it hits off the top of her glove. Runners at 2/3, 2 out. Tied 1-1.
Belans can't make the play on the next chopper, also over Russell's head. 2-1 Utes.
Storms looks a little flustered (body language-wise), but coaxes a soft fly out to LF for the 3rd out.

Both those runs have to be unearned.

Due up for Hogs: Diaz, Green, Malkin

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 08:40:06 pm
B3
Storms sits down the first batter with her 2nd K.
Next batter grounds to SS and beats the throw. Meh. Tough play, but one I think we have to make.
Next batter SB's the runner to 2nd. Runner on 2, 2 outs. Nice play at 3b by Autumn.
Next batter grounds one to 3b, E6. Just boots it but keeps it in front of her. Runners on the corners, 2 outs. She rushed herself there.

bad fielding will bite you sooner or later -two unearned runs

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

but it will give us a chance to see how we play from behind against a good team

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 08:48:13 pm #13 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:02:09 pm by psycHOGlogist
T4
Diaz rips a nice single to LF - again first pitch swinging.
Keely Edwards comes in to pinch run for Diaz.
Utes change pitchers - probably due to pitch count, as she pitched a CG earlier today (she's an All-American, per the announcers). The new pitcher is also an All-American, though, and first team All Pac 12. So ... cool. lol
Green gets plunked -- for the 3rd time today! -- on a 1-2 pitch. Runners at 1/2, no outs.
Malkin goes down looking at a very nice change up. Runners at 1/2, 1 out.
Bugarin hits a come-backer to P, runners advance, 2 out. Runners at 2/3.
Buczek doesn't look very hitterish. Whiffs badly at first pitch, fouls off a couple, and then takes a WP over the catcher, allowing Edwards to score from 3b! 2-2 ball game, Green advances to 3b.
Buczek swings and misses at the next pitch to end the inning.

Storms to face 6-7-8 for Utah.

flippinhogmana

freshman Malkin might be too young to be scared by that!

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

B4
First batter grounds out to deep SS, nice play by Belans.
Next hitter lines a 2-2 pitch down the LF line for a double. Runner on 2, 1 out.
Next hitter hits a chopper to 3rd, Buczek fields it cleanly, keeps the runner at 2b, and throws out the runner. Runner on 2, 2 out.
Storms gets the last batter to fly out to shallow RF, Cooper with the nice running grab.

Due up: McEwen, Krzysko, Belans

psycHOGlogist

T5
McEwen grounds out to the left side, 1 down.
Krzysko hits a soft grounder to 2b, 2 down.
Belans grounds out to SS to end the inning.

Storms to face the top of the order.

flippinhogmana

might be a surprise to bring in Haff, but I might like it going from a sinker ball pitcher to a rise pitcher.

It will give us a better opportunity to see how good Haff really is.

psycHOGlogist

B5 - Haff on to pitch

Whoever is doing the Hogs' softball thread is not really doing a great job today, fwiw. Just very slow, minimal posts.

Haff K's the leadoff batter. 
Haff gets up 0-2 on next batter, throws a ball, and then throws a beautiful pitch on the corner for the K. 2 outs.
Jeez... Belans with ANOTHER error. Runner on 1, 2 out.
Haff gets behind the next hitter 3-1, throwing high heat, but then gets the hitter to hit a deep out to McEwan in LF. Sort of a scary moment -- looked better off the bat than it was.

Due up: Cooper, Diaz, and Green

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 09:17:47 pm
B5 - Haff on to pitch

Whoever is doing the Hogs' softball thread is not really doing a great job today, fwiw. Just very slow, minimal posts.

Haff K's the leadoff batter. 
Haff gets up 0-2 on next batter, throws a ball, and then throws a beautiful pitch on the corner for the K. 2 outs.

You mean the stat feed?  It freezes every now and then too!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 17, 2018, 09:23:04 pm
You mean the stat feed?  It freezes every now and then too!
No, the softball twitter feed is usually much quicker and more informative.

Sow’sEar

I'm following the stat feed.  It keeps up pretty good..,

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 09:23:40 pm
No, the softball twitter feed is usually much quicker and more informative.

I've never followed it.  But our ss and second base need to pick up their fielding!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 17, 2018, 09:25:38 pm
I've never followed it.  But our ss and second base need to pick up their fielding!

Amen. Belans was 2nd in the SEC in errors last year. Was hoping for some improvement this year.

psycHOGlogist

T6 -
Cooper hits a 1-1 pitch pretty sharply to the SS, but hey - she can field her position! 1 down.
Diaz grounds softly to 2b, 2 outs.
Green swings over a drop ball to end the inning.

Haff to face 5-6-7.

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 09:35:55 pm #26 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:24:01 pm by psycHOGlogist
B6

Haff K's her third -- on a killer rise ball. I'm smiling from ear to ear!
Next batter singles past Belans into center. Would have been a tough play to make. Runner at 1, 1 out.
PR for Utah.
Haff struggling to find the zone a little bit here, goes to 3-1 before inducing the short fly out to LF. Runner at 1, 2 out.
Haff ahead of the next hitter 0-2, then gets the K and a not-quite-checked-enough swing on a rise ball. Great work from her there.

Due up: Malkin, Bugarin, Buczek

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 17, 2018, 09:35:55 pm
B6

Haff K's her third -- one a killer rise ball. I'm smiling from ear to ear!
Next batter singles past Belans into center. Would have been a tough play to make. Runner at 1, 1 out.
PR for Utah.

but she is also starting to get behind, she might be tiring.

Perish the thought as she gets ahead 0-2 on this hitter.

flippinhogmana

Is it time for our other freshman star for the day to show up again?

Sow’sEar

Who we got coming up in the seventh?

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 09:44:00 pm #30 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:54:27 pm by psycHOGlogist
T7 -
Malkin makes ok contact, but grounds out to 2b.
Bugarin lines the first pitch into LF for a single. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Buczek hits a bouncer over the pulled in SS and gets the infield single, Bugarin to 2b. Runners 1/2, 1 out.
McEwen makes very solid contact and hits it toward the gap in LC, but the LF makes the play. Runners 1/2, 2 out.
The pitcher throws wide, runners advance -- runners 2/3, 2 out.
Krzysko hits a grounder right past the pitcher, and the 2b can't make a clean play - both runners score and Krzysko safe at first. 4-2 Hogs!! They give her a hit, but it wasn't to SS, stat feed person! lol
Belans actually gets hit by a foul ball from another field in the batters box! Ouch. She's fine. Works a full count, and makes great contact, drilling a line drive to LF, but RIGHT AT the left-fielder for the 3rd out.

Haff to face 9-1-2.

flippinhogmana

now thats what I am talking about!

Sow’sEar

Southarkansashog

psycHOGlogist

B7
9 hitter called out for stepping out of the box on a slap hit, 1 down.
Leadoff hitter goes down on 3 pitches - all swinging misses. 2 down.
2 hole hitter GOES DOWN SWINGING at a rise ball over her eyes!!!!  HOGS WIN!

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

February 17, 2018, 10:02:05 pm #36 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:18:17 pm by psycHOGlogist
Hey hey hey, Hogs! 2-0, with the win over the #15 team in the country.

How about them apples?!?!?!?!

I just checked again, and I think Utah is actually #21. I could've sworn the announcers said 15, though. Still --- ranked! And a team that's going to be very competitive in the PAC 12. WPS!!!!

Sow’sEar

Sounds like it was a great game!

Dr. Starcs

WPS!!!

When's the next game and who's the opponent?

flippinhogmana

Haff is definetely the real deal, and Malkin may be too, Green is going to be exceptionally good, and McEwen held her weight today as well.  Krysko and the young lady who used to be russel played well on the day as well.  I hope Ashley Diaz will have a good year this year too.

Sow’sEar

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2018, 10:09:49 pm
WPS!!!

When's the next game and who's the opponent?
play tomorrow night against Weber State and Loyola Marymount

howie76