Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shea Patterson's (Ole Miss QB) father flames Nutt

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 24, 2017, 12:10:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_Mack

They guy is fired and likely done forever. The only thing we can do is pray for him and his family. Yeah, he did some sorry stuff. Idk about all you perfect people on Hogville but I've made quite a few bad decisions in my life. I want the posters that have nothing to clean out of their closet to just stand up and say that they're perfect people! I felt the same way about Petrino. Just because he had his own transgressions and shortcomings doesn't give the court of public opinion the right to crucify him. I guess it makes some guys feel like real men to do it.

oldhawg

Quote from: netteltonhog on July 25, 2017, 04:19:48 pm
This thread is about Patterson.  It doesn't need anything about Petrino brought into it.

There's no new information.  How much more can you say about Patterson's father without being repetitious.  Idle Minds begin to wander.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on July 25, 2017, 06:37:50 pm
They guy is fired and likely done forever. The only thing we can do is pray for him and his family. Yeah, he did some sorry stuff. Idk about all you perfect people on Hogville but I've made quite a few bad decisions in my life. I want the posters that have nothing to clean out of their closet to just stand up and say that they're perfect people! I felt the same way about Petrino. Just because he had his own transgressions and shortcomings doesn't give the court of public opinion the right to crucify him. I guess it makes some guys feel like real men to do it.

I'm not perfect and I went to prison for my crimes and did my time. If what he did at the high school is true then his butt needs to be in prison for a little bit. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 25, 2017, 06:41:04 pm
I'm not perfect and I went to prison for my crimes and did my time. If what he did at the high school is true then his butt needs to be in prison for a little bit.
I agree 100%. If anything comes out he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldhawg on July 25, 2017, 11:38:30 am
How about this:

Petrino has done his penance for his misdeeds while coach at Arkansas.  He claims to have reformed his ways.  If Bielema resigns or is fired in the next year or two, how would you feel about the University making overtures to rehire him (disregarding his current buy-out clause)?  Would it cause a maelstorm among fans, or would most be willing to forgive and forget?

There are only a few things that would make me give up my donation and season tickets........that is one of them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: gchamblee on July 25, 2017, 04:07:27 pm
I just like tossing grenades to watch you petrino defenders dive on them.

Nice of you to admit your that guy.

Rzbakfromwaybak

I'm certainly no fan of Hootie, but Patterson's dad is looking to the wrong people to blame.  Freeze's actions & Ole Miss's cheating has brought on this whole dumpster fire....which will probably get worse.

Patterson's remarks remind me of crooks that are being arrested, & put in handcuffs.  They're usually mad at the police, the victim or the system.  Seldom do they admit where the blame lies for the situation they're in.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

GuvHog

July 26, 2017, 09:29:30 am #57 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:06:19 am by GuvHog
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 25, 2017, 06:49:41 pm
There are only a few things that would make me give up my donation and season tickets........that is one of them.

Giving up my season tickets was one of the hardest things I've done in my life and it wasn't because of a coach that was hired or fired, it was because my mother's Dementia had worsened to the point that I had to be her 24/7/365 care taker as well as for financial reasons. No coaching hire I didn't like could ever have made me give up my season tickets. I didn't like the fact that Smiley was hired as interim head coach at all but I was there for every Hog game inside the state of Arkansas that year. Watching the Hogs live and in person is very important to me and it hurts that I can no longer do so.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The NewEra

Hugh Freeze, out of control boosters and the Administration at Ole Miss are the only ones to blame for the circumstances they are dealing with at Ole Miss.  It's far too typical today to look for someone else to blame for what ales you.

jb11

Quote from: netteltonhog on July 25, 2017, 04:19:48 pm
This thread is about Patterson.  It doesn't need anything about Petrino brought into it.
Why should this thread be any different than the majority of other threads.  Most all get hijacked by something else, mostly pissing matches.

hogsanity

Quote from: jb11 on July 26, 2017, 10:48:21 am
Why should this thread be any different than the majority of other threads.  Most all get hijacked by something else, mostly pissing matches.

All Hogville threads eventually get back to HDN, whether BP should have been fired or not,  or Long not wanting to win anything but best in integrity.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsanity on July 26, 2017, 10:54:11 am
All Hogville threads eventually get back to HDN, whether BP should have been fired or not,  or Long not wanting to win anything but best in integrity.
or Little Rock
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 26, 2017, 09:29:30 am
Giving up my season tickets was one of the hardest things I've done in my life and it wasn't because of a coach that was hired or fired, it was because my mother's Dementia had worsened to the point that I had to be her 24/7/365 care taker as well as for financial reasons. No coaching hire I didn't like could ever have made me give up my season tickets. I didn't like the fact that Smiley was hired as interim head coach at all but I was there for every Hog game inside the state of Arkansas that year. Watching the Hogs live and in person is very important to me and it hurts that I can no longer do so.

I understand about your Mother. Family, health or financial reasons are obviously rational reasons to not renew. However IF there were anything within the athletic program or school administration thereof that would make me mad enough to leave that is one of them. Everyone knew Smiley was temporary and the timing was as such that hiring a good permanent type was impossible. I wasn't ecstatic with it but I understand why it happened knowing it was an interim basis. How many interim's have you seen get the permanent job? It doesn't happen very often. The issue I have isn't IF Petrino was hired and had never our coach before and did what he did. The issue I would have is hiring someone that had already done what he did and you relent and hire him again. I was happy with the Petrino hire but would not be now knowing what we know about him AND what he did. Don't misconstrue that with his affair. My issue is not his affair but what he did as it relates to his employer. This that think he was fired for an affair ate wrong. UI know some would bring up Freeze at old miss but he wasn't fired for making one phone call either.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

oldhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on July 26, 2017, 10:54:11 am

It is, after all, the time of year when folks are struggling to maintain some relevance in their conversations about Razorback-related issues.  The Freeze/Ole Miss situation created a nice diversion for a while, but even that has run out of gas until something more revealing surfaces.  And even with Ole Miss, HDN was involved until it grew wings of its own.  Thankfully, football season (beginning with an early practice report date) is just around the corner, and fans' opinions, gripes, praises, predictions, etc., will have more current relevancy. 

Since it is still this time of year, however, I am predicting a ten win season, top twenty finish, and January bowl game for the Razorbacks. (But I reserve the option to change my mind if a different reality sets in early in the season).  Looking forward to calling the Hogs often.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 27, 2017, 07:06:08 am
I understand about your Mother. Family, health or financial reasons are obviously rational reasons to not renew. However IF there were anything within the athletic program or school administration thereof that would make me mad enough to leave that is one of them. Everyone knew Smiley was temporary and the timing was as such that hiring a good permanent type was impossible. I wasn't ecstatic with it but I understand why it happened knowing it was an interim basis. How many interim's have you seen get the permanent job? It doesn't happen very often. The issue I have isn't IF Petrino was hired and had never our coach before and did what he did. The issue I would have is hiring someone that had already done what he did and you relent and hire him again. I was happy with the Petrino hire but would not be now knowing what we know about him AND what he did. Don't misconstrue that with his affair. My issue is not his affair but what he did as it relates to his employer. This that think he was fired for an affair ate wrong. UI know some would bring up Freeze at old miss but he wasn't fired for making one phone call either.

You're right about Freeze, he wasn't fired for making one phone call, he was fired for a pattern of behavior. The phone call is what caused them to investigate. He wasn't fired for lying either.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 27, 2017, 07:54:38 am
You're right about Freeze, he wasn't fired for making one phone call, he was fired for a pattern of behavior. The phone call is what caused them to investigate. He wasn't fired for lying either.

But if someone DOES tell a big lie to their boss or employer they can or should be fired.

southeasthog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 26, 2017, 09:29:30 am
No coaching hire I didn't like could ever have made me give up my season tickets. I didn't like the fact that Smiley was hired as interim head coach at all but I was there for every Hog game inside the state of Arkansas that year. Watching the Hogs live and in person is very important to me and it hurts that I can no longer do so.

Quote from: GuvHog on September 02, 2012, 05:33:54 pm
I got it from Directv and the HD was great. I only missed a couple of minutes due to a storm but I have no complaints.

This was the first game of the season that year. You really have a problem with telling the truth.

onebadrubi

Quote from: southeasthog on July 28, 2017, 06:09:03 am
This was the first game of the season that year. You really have a problem with telling the truth.

Lol went way back to call him out!

GuvHog

Thanks for the smart-aleck reminder that I missed a game that year. Nobody's perfect and there's no need to be a smart-aleck about it.

theFlyingHog

Southeasthog for POTM!

DeltaBoy

The mess at ole myth grows every week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on July 28, 2017, 08:12:25 am
Thanks for the smart-aleck reminder that I missed a game that year. Nobody's perfect and there's no need to be a smart-aleck about it.

El oh el. Now he's gonna go back and prove you missed more than one. Just stop digging.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net