Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris PC After Scrimmage

Started by TebowHater, March 03, 2018, 08:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:12:53 pm
Sure do..Also, all these players you are touting played under BB so you gonna give him credit for developing them? CCM is inheriting a lot of good young players. Why do you have so little faith in CCM in year one? Tne staff seems to be on top of things and are energetic to get this team going. Sorry you feel these players are substandard.

Foolish Talk....CBB inherited awesome talent

CCM will develop what he has been given (some really good) and will recruit some awesome talent - no worries.

Bielema's record his last year was the same as JLS his one year here. Why is that if he is a good developer of talent? His best years were with another coaches recruits.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 08:15:18 pm
So, the 9 guys on that list that he brought in were ones he walked in on?

I didn't post the roster - Soda did....

Where is the roster he came in with? We can do it again...

No way around it ------CCM doesn't have the NFL talent CBB had already on the roster.

He will develop what we have, recruit more and be successful - unlike our previous coach.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:18:50 pm
I didn't post the roster - Soda did....

Where is the roster he came in with? We can do it again...

No way around it ------CCM doesn't have the NFL talent CBB had already on the roster.

He will develop what we have, recruit more and be successful - unlike our previous coach.
So we have some good players but most aren't? Cupboard is bare?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ricepig

You didn't post this?

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 07:52:59 pm
AJ Derby
Johathon Williams
Matrell Speight
Jeremy Sprinkle
Dan Skipper
Darius Philon
Drew Morgan
Tevin Mitchell
Kevin Richardson
Denver Kirkland
Taiwan Johnson
Hunter Henry
Keyon Hatcher
Rohan Gaines
Trey Flowers
AJ Derby
Brooks Ellis
Brey Cook
Alex Collins
Brandon Allen
Toby Baker

.....maybe more if we are talking 'potential' NFL prospects back in 2014

ricepig

Philon, Wise, and Flowers, all 3* that someone developed.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

jkstock04

Quote from: Cure on March 05, 2018, 08:29:30 pm
Morris inherited way better talent across the board.
Just make sure to completely forget the 2017 football season and this sounds super legit.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Cure

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 05, 2018, 08:30:57 pm
Just make sure to completely forget the 2017 football season and this sounds super legit.
We all know that CBB didn't do a good job coaching last and they collapsed in so many games, but that team was not as bad as their record indicated.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 08:25:32 pm
You didn't post this?

Yep - took it off the roster linked by Soda -

Feel free to make your own list if you think CCM has more talent....I'll be waiting.  I say - no way in HELL CCM has more talent on this team than what CBB stepped into.

Take away the CBB recruits - STILL more talent on that roster.

CCM will develop this team and do well - I'm not worried about that - but CBB stepped into a Wonderful situation.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 05, 2018, 08:30:57 pm
So, was it mismanagement or lack of talent? Call your shot.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

twistitup

Quote from: Cure on March 05, 2018, 08:29:30 pm
Morris inherited way better talent across the board because of experience.

Crazy Talk

Experience means nothing if they haven't been developed -

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:35:06 pm

Feel free to make your own list if you think CCM has more talent....I'll be waiting.  I say - no way in HELL CCM has more talent on this team than what CBB stepped into.

CCM will develop this team and do well - I'm not worried about that - but CBB stepped into a Wonderful situation.
LMAO..your hate for BB has clouded your judgment. And remember the list you copied BB signed 9 of them.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:36:53 pm
LMAO..your hate for BB has clouded your judgment. And remember the list you copied BB signed 9 of them.

Take those 9 off

Still more NFL talent on that roster.

CCM will need to develop what has NOT been developed - look at our level of play last year

CBB never developed anybody - and ended up w a similar record to JLS after 5 years on the job

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:35:06 pm

Feel free to make your own list if you think CCM has more talent

I'll be waiting.

I say - no way in HELL CCM has more talent on this team than what CBB stepped into.

Take the three DL mentioned, all 3*, Morris has a 5* and 2 4* in Agim, Capps, and Guidry. Those three has legit LSU and Bama offers, the best the others had were a grey shirt offer from Bama.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:37:59 pm
Take those 9 off

Still more NFL talent on that roster.

CCM will need to develop what has NOT been developed
Well someone developed them and it wasn't Morris.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 08:38:19 pm
Take the three DL mentioned, all 3*, Morris has a 5* and 2 4* in Agim, Capps, and Guidry. Those three has legit LSU and Bama offers, the best the others had were a grey shirt offer from Bama.

None of them have been developed....are the guys CCM is getting any better than they were coming out of H.S?

Where has Capps been - oh yeah - he hasn't been developed

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:39:19 pm
Well someone developed them and it wasn't Morris.

What happened when it was a team full of CBB recruits? What happened to our W's?

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:40:20 pm
None of them have been developed....are the guys CCM are getting any better than they were coming out of H.S?

Who developed those other guys, only one player before Bielema came, the other two redshirt under JLS.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:40:20 pm
None of them have been developed....are the guys CCM is getting any better than they were coming out of H.S?

Hope Morris has a completely different attitude then his head cheerleader. I have a feeling he does.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 08:42:53 pm
Who developed those other guys, only one player before Bielema came, the other two redshirt under JLS.

Why did Bielema get fired again?

I mean, if the guy is such a stud player developer.....wouldn't we have more wins and CBB still be employed?

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:43:07 pm
Hope Morris has a completely different attitude then his head cheerleader. I have a feeling he does.

CCM will need to develop them. He already said they aren't in shape, aren't eating right, and weigh too much

I think he knows better than we do.

He also said we need to recruit better talent.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:44:11 pm

Quit changing the goalposts, we know because he didn't win enough, but that isn't what the discussion is. So, who developed those 3 3* DL?  There's more talent on the roster 1-85 today, than in March 2013. Hopefully Morris/Chavis etc. can develop it better than Bielema did. Our recruiting rankings were better under Bielema than Petrino, we have more 4* today, than in March 2013. We aren't debating the coaching, we're debating the raw talent.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:45:18 pm
CCM will need to develop them. He already said they aren't in shape, aren't eating right, and weigh too much

I think he knows better than we do.

He also said we need to recruit better talent.

Saban says he needs to recruit better talent, lol, they all say that.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:44:11 pm

I mean, if the guy is such a stud player developer.....wouldn't we have more wins and CBB still be employed?

Because someone on the BOT thought that GM would come back home. They could have given BB one more year and reduced the buyout but someone thought GM to Arkansas was a done deal. But as Rice said it's mainly because BB didn't win more games last year.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 08:51:42 pm
Saban says he needs to recruit better talent, lol, they all say that.

Most say that, true.

I think we will do well...but I appreciate CCM's honesty about the current situation (we have a loooonng ways to go).

Some of you guys could learn a thing or two from him.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:54:06 pm
Because someone on the BOT thought that GM would come back home. They could have given BB one more year and reduced the buyout but someone thought GM to Arkansas was a done deal. But as Rice said it's mainly because he didn't win games.

5 years of effort led to a record that Smiley would laugh at.

#uncommon

jkstock04

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:35:15 pm
So, was it mismanagement or lack of talent? Call your shot.
Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:55:34 pm
5 years of effort led to a record that Smiley would laugh at.

#uncommon
Well, adding the buyout to CCM salary and I don't think he'll be afforded 5 years to get it going. 6 wins minimum first year. Hope he succeeds as I'm tired of the coaching carousel.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 08:50:46 pm
Quit changing the goalposts, we know because he didn't win enough, but that isn't what the discussion is. So, who developed those 3 3* DL?  There's more talent on the roster 1-85 today, than in March 2013. Hopefully Morris/Chad is etc. can develop it better than Bielema did. Our recruiting rankings were better under Bielema than Petrino, we have more 4* today, than in March 2013. We aren't debating the coaching, we're debating the raw talent.

The talent on the current roster has not been developed....that is according to our new head coach.

Undeveloped talent in no more than just that - undeveloped talent. A 4* out of H.S. means nothing if they haven't improved since their senior year.

CCM can't make up for the failures of the previous regime in 1 year....this is a 5 year plan.

From Tusk Till Dawn

I agree he needed to win more games but... I thought CBB only got fired because Jeff Long got fired.  :)

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:57:30 pm
The talent on the current roster has not been developed....that is according to our new head coach.

Undeveloped talent in no more than just that - undeveloped talent. A 4* out of H.S. means nothing if they haven't improved since their senior year.

CCM can't make up for the failures of the previous regime in 1 year....this is a 5 year plan.

Nope, he won't be getting 5 years. It's his job to develop them, not 5 years from now, but starting now.

ricepig

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2018, 08:57:23 pm
Well, adding the buyout to CCM salary and I don't think he'll be afforded 5 years to get it going. 6 wins minimum first year.

He'll get 5 years if he is anywhere halfway successful, which I fully expect him to be. There isn't any win total this year, it's a change of schemes, the AD and PTB fully understand that. I think we'll win 6+ this year, especially if we win at CSU.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 08:57:30 pm

Please answer this, who developed those 3 3* DL that are in the NFL?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 09:00:15 pm
He'll get 5 years if he is anywhere halfway successful, which I fully expect him to be. There isn't any win total this year, it's a change of schemes, the AD and PTB fully understand that. I think we'll win 6+ this year, especially if we win at CSU.
I agree 6 wins next year isn't out of the realm of possibility. Actually, it's very possible. With that said if we win 3 or 4 it's not a very good start and pressure starts to build fro the get go. I see 6-7 next year followed by 7-8 and by year 3 9-10 wins

liljo

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 05, 2018, 08:57:49 pm
I agree he needed to win more games but... I thought CBB only got fired because Jeff Long got fired.  :)

1-7 conference record. In year 5.

11-29 conference record overall.

Oh, never mind. I'm sure those numbers have nothing to do with it. ::)
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 09:00:15 pm

I think we'll win 6+ this year, especially if we win at CSU.

God that's a depressing ass sentence.

jgphillips3

There is decent talent on this roster.  I would say the roster CBB inherited, which was only one year removed from great success, was in some ways better, but more top heavy.  CBB has left a talented, but not exceptional roster that is used to losing.  Both situations provide a challenge.  As far as development, it was obvious which assistants did a good job developing talent under Bielema (Randy Shannon & Pittman for example) and that the most recent staff was very poor in player development minus maybe 2 or 3 coaches.  Given that Bielema wanted to be a CEO coach, when your middle management fails, it all goes down.  Morris is more like Petrino and this team will rise and fall as he does but he has Chavis on defense which Petrino never had.  With two exceptional coaches covering both sides of the ball, we are in a great position to develop talent.

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on March 05, 2018, 09:06:51 pm
I think we'll win 6+ this year, especially if we win at CSU.

God that's a depressing ass sentence.

First road game for a new coach who is still flipping a roster, just a fact. We may run them out of the stadium, and probably should based on talent level, but to say I'm not concerned would be a lie. Hopefully I have a much different attitude by September.

Swestwill66

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 05, 2018, 09:09:26 pm
There is decent talent on this roster.  I would say the roster CBB inherited, which was only one year removed from great success, was in some ways better, but more top heavy.  CBB has left a talented, but not exceptional roster that is used to losing.  Both situations provide a challenge.  As far as development, it was obvious which assistants did a good job developing talent under Bielema (Randy Shannon & Pittman for example) and that the most recent staff was very poor in player development minus maybe 2 or 3 coaches.  Given that Bielema wanted to be a CEO coach, when your middle management fails, it all goes down.  Morris is more like Petrino and this team will rise and fall as he does but he has Chavis on defense which Petrino never had.  With two exceptional coaches covering both sides of the ball, we are in a great position to develop talent.

I agree!

twistitup

2013 nfl prospects

Brandon Allen
Austin Allen
Robert Antiga
Eric Bennett
Luke Charpentier
Alex Collins
Jared Collins
Brey Cook
DJ Dean
Brooks Ellis
Trey Flowers
Rohan Gaines
Keon Hatcher
Hunter Henry
Zach Hocker
Taiwan Johnson
Bryan Jones
Denver Kirkland
Drew Morgan
Darius Philon
Dan Skipper
Kiero Small
Chris Smith
Mitch Smothers
Martrell Spaight
Jeremy Sprinkle
Robert Thomas
JaMicheal Winston
D. Wise

....maybe more

Where is that list again from the current roster?

twistitup

Quote from: liljo on March 05, 2018, 09:06:23 pm
1-7 conference record. In year 5.

11-29 conference record overall.

Oh, never mind. I'm sure those numbers have nothing to do with it. ::)

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 09:13:51 pm
2013 nfl prospects

Brandon Allen
Austin Allen
Robert Antiga
Eric Bennett
Luke Charpentier
Alex Collins
Jared Collins
Brey Cook
DJ Dean
Brooks Ellis
Trey Flowers
Rohan Gaines
Keon Hatcher
Hunter Henry
Zach Hocker
Taiwan Johnson
Bryan Jones
Denver Kirkland
Drew Morgan
Darius Philon
Dan Skipper
Kiero Small
Chris Smith
Mitch Smothers
Martrell Spaight
Jeremy Sprinkle
Robert Thomas
JaMicheal Winston
D. Wise

....maybe more

Where is that list again from the current roster?

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 09:01:44 pm
Please answer this, who developed those 3 3* DL that are in the NFL?

You tell me....not the 'ceo coach' - I'm guessing his assistants who didn't want to stick around.

What happened to our W-L record while your boy was here? Could he not convert development to W's?

twistitup

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 09:19:49 pm
Type me out a list that matches the one above from 2013

Type me one with the guys Bielema inherited from 2012, without the 2013 recruiting class. Then list the guys on an active NFL roster, then I'll do the same in 5 years.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 09:24:16 pm
Type me one with the guys Bielema inherited from 2012, without the 2013 recruiting class. Then list the guys on an active NFL roster, then I'll do the same in 5 years.

We both know who inherited the roster w the most talent.

Thanks for playing Rice

hawgon

I remember  people who talked about Petrino's practices being non-stop with no wasted time at all.  It seems that we've returned to those days.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 05, 2018, 09:16:51 pm
You tell me....not the 'ceo coach' - I'm guessing his assistants who didn't want to stick around.

What happened to our W-L record while your boy was here? Could he not convert development to W's?

I have two boys, one lives in Chicago, the other here in Jonesboro, lol. You obviously don't wish to have a discussion on this without either reading what someone else has written, or wishing to change the subject. The subject is inherited roster, not guys you brought in, but what was on the roster when you took the job. It isn't about wins or losses, or even who developed the talent. I'll pick this up in the morning, enjoy your night.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 09:11:17 pm
First road game for a new coach who is still flipping a roster, just a fact. We may run them out of the stadium, and probably should based on talent level, but to say I'm not concerned would be a lie. Hopefully I have a much different attitude by September.

I completely agree, which sadly, doesn't in any way alleviate the depression I'm now feeling.

lasthog

Quote from: The NewEra on March 05, 2018, 08:52:15 amAfter reading this entire thread I find it interesting that so many people are trying to dissect what Morris said or say's in his press conferences.  I personally don't think it's that difficult.  Take him literally on everything he says and you'll know what the man is thinking.  Everyone associated with the football program has been drinking from a water hose, trying to get the 2018 class signed, catch up with others in the league regarding 2019 recruiting and laying the foundation for how the program will be run going forward.  It's obvious from what Morris is saying that he and the other coaches are still in the evaluation process of what they have and who the best and most committed players are.  That should surprise no one since the staff hasn't been here 90-days yet.

Some, just a few mind you, on Hogville remind me of the idiot Eric Bolin who thinks he's a reporter and writes for SecCountry.  Today's article https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-chad-morris-beloved-already by Bolin shows just how silly some people can be.  This quote is the first line from that link "Arkansas' first-year football coach may still be in a honeymoon period."

Seriously?  A coach has been here for just under 90 days and some people, including that would be sports writer think a honeymoon period could have expired?  Only in the world of "Alice in Wonderland" is that not a foregone conclusion.  Any program worth it's salt gives a new coach and his staff a few years to produce.

We can dissect every word and action all we want, but I think it would serve us all well to take this man by his word and actions instead of trying to decide what we think he really means.  Just maybe he really means what he has said and what he's saying is based on his limited interaction with his players over the past few months.

Topic B:

I find it interesting there's any question at all about whether Morris can coach at this level.  Some on here who I respect are still withholding judgement on whether or not he can coach at this level.  I find that to be incredibly interesting.  The man coached 18 yrs. in High School in Texas, one of the best HS football states in the country.  Thirty three percent of the time he took his teams to the state championship game and fifty percent of the time he won.  He moves to college and is successful there at Tulsa.  He goes to Clemson and institutes an offense there that allows them to take the next step and attend three final four appearances, winning one Championship.  He takes over a bad SMU program and makes it better each year.  Every place the man has coaches he left it better off than when he arrived. 

Do you really think coaching football is that much different in the SEC than High School?  I don't!  I believe a great coach is a great coach.  The two main differences are "Recruiting" and "Administratively running" a large organization.  Morris ran very large organizations successfully at the High School level and few people understand what it takes to attract and recruit kids to a college program better than a coach with 18 years of experience watching the kids and the college recruiting machine work. 

The big difference in the SEC is "talent", "depth" and the week in and week out grind.  I trust Morris gets that and he has Chavis here to help him understand it even better.

We'll see how this plays out, but my money is on a guy that's never failed.  He has a plan, he's working the plan, he's passionate about the Razorback name and brand and he can be taken at his word, literally.  Oh, and his Honeymoon period is just starting for many of us, not just about over with.

Some questioned Jimmy Johnson in a similar manner when he moved up to the NFL, was the game too complicated, different from college.  "Pleaseeee..." said both of the JJ's. Apparently they figured it out.