Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

010HogFan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 23, 2018, 12:38:59 pm
First - thanks for the effort.  I do appreciate it.

However, that's not what I'm talking about.  Take another look at the picture of Mallett.  The piping is the thin red line (in contrast to his whiter jersey) that comes down from the neck, and around the top of the shoulder pads.  The contrasting block (in this case, red) under the arms is something I want to get rid of.

So, I'd like to see that white jersey, without the red block under the arms, but with the red piping from the neck and around the pads, as in the Mallett pic.  I'd like to see pictures of that "road" jersey paired with both white, and red, pants. (and the pants can either be the same as we are currently wearing ~or~ with two contrasting stripes running the length of the pant down the side).

And, also the corresponding home jersey - red with WHITE piping around the neck/shoulder pads, NO white block under the arms.  This one with the white pants only.

In both cases, our solid (non-chrome) red helmets.

Simple.  Clean.

Thanks again.

I think this is more like what you meant. Sorry the lines are a bit crooked, it's harder than it seems like it would be! I like it though.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 12, 2017, 10:40:25 pm
The 64 throwbacks were the tits!! You're wrong, or blind...

OMZ, you cannot say that and be intellectually honest!  Those are the ugliest uniforms I ever saw!  Even worse than the Apex ones!  It was humiliating to see the Hogs in those things.  They look like shXX.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on January 29, 2018, 03:07:17 pm
OMZ, you cannot say that and be intellectually honest!  Those are the ugliest uniforms I ever saw!  Even worse than the Apex ones!  It was humiliating to see the Hogs in those things.  They look like shXX.
I guess we both have opinions then... I also think you and I should study this a little longer. I'm gonna go look at pictures of tits. You go look at pictures of sh.t... We'll meet here and discuss it again.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NoogaHog

Quote from: HF#1 on January 29, 2018, 11:51:29 am
If you redesigned them with red white instead of silver, they would be outstanding.

this^^^

And for all of us non-millennials, that would mean the 2 wide stripes on the pants would be back.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

rljjr

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 29, 2018, 04:50:12 pm
this^^^

And for all of us non-millennials, that would mean the 2 wide stripes on the pants would be back.

This is ALL I want!!!

JOKERHOG

red pants on the road.  Show your colors...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 29, 2018, 02:58:01 pm
I think this is more like what you meant. Sorry the lines are a bit crooked, it's harder than it seems like it would be! I like it though.

Yes - that's it.  Thanks!  I believe it is a nice, fresh version that retains our classic look as well. 

Also . . . from my "request" above - if not too much trouble:

"I'd like to see pictures of that "road" jersey paired with both white, and red pants. (and the pants can either be the same as we are currently wearing ~or~ with two contrasting stripes running the length of the pant down the side - just NOT solid colored pants with no strips, etc.).

And, also the corresponding home jersey - red with WHITE piping around the neck/shoulder pads, NO white block under the arms.  This one with the white pants only.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

******* Ok ******
With all the talk of anthracite and such, I was was wondering if anyone could do a mock up of what our uniforms would look like if Heliotrope had won the vote waaaay back in tha' day..?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

The_Iceman

In my opinion, this should be our HOME jersey. Pair it with white pants, red helmet....dont care. But this jersey looks amazing and is one of the best we have ever worn.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2018, 04:41:13 pm
In my opinion, this should be our HOME jersey. Pair it with white pants, red helmet....dont care. But this jersey looks amazing and is one of the best we have ever worn.

That would be tough with the anthracite helmet and pants, and the grey on the shirt made to match...

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2018, 04:41:13 pm

Respect your right to have a different opinion than me, but I couldn't disagree with you more.  Those jerseys were a one-time thing for a specific reason, and they made sense for that ONE specific thing.  Otherwise, they are Ohio State wannabes and I want NO part of them going forward.

We kissed Jerry's ring . . . and he deserved it, given all he's done for the Razorbacks.  But now, back to sanity.

hoghearted

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 01, 2018, 05:33:10 pm
Respect your right to have a different opinion than me, but I couldn't disagree with you more.  Those jerseys were a one-time thing for a specific reason, and they made sense for that ONE specific thing.  Otherwise, they are Ohio State wannabes and I want NO part of them going forward.

We kissed Jerry's ring . . . and he deserved it, given all he's done for the Razorbacks.  But now, back to sanity.

I'm with you. Hope we never see them again.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

The_Iceman

Here is what I don't understand. What do the red jerseys have to do with anything you just said? I understand the silver helmets and pants not being any part of the future, but what's so wrong with the red jerseys? They had white numbers, hog on the sleeve, and the stripe detail on the sleeve was a nice touch as well.

runninhog

My two cents....Good design is timeless. Except in the case of technology, if you're constantly changing, chances are the design is poor. The Arkansas uniforms look the best when they have a simple, clean design in white and red. Timeless>trendy.

AirWarren

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 29, 2018, 04:16:08 pm
I guess we both have opinions then... I also think you and I should study this a little longer. I'm gonna go look at pictures of tits. You go look at pictures of sh.t... We'll meet here and discuss it again.

Good grief...enjoy your lotion time.

NoogaHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 02, 2018, 07:06:03 am
Here is what I don't understand. What do the red jerseys have to do with anything you just said? I understand the silver helmets and pants not being any part of the future, but what's so wrong with the red jerseys? They had white numbers, hog on the sleeve, and the stripe detail on the sleeve was a nice touch as well.

I'm with you, Ice. I like the double outline numbers and the hog on the sleeves. I think we could modify the stripe to remove the gray, like a cowboys double white stripe to match the red stripes on white pants, or even a Northwestern stripe, and no white blocks anywhere and the jersey would be perfect.

For the white jersey, I would mimic the Cowboys' double stripe on the sleeves to match the white pants, and keep the double outline numbers.

Can someone mock those up?

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 02, 2018, 07:06:03 am

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 02, 2018, 09:54:26 am
I'm with you, Ice. I like the double outline numbers and the hog on the sleeves. I think we could modify the stripe to remove the gray, like a cowboys double white stripe to match the red stripes on white pants, or even a Northwestern stripe, and no white blocks anywhere and the jersey would be perfect.

For the white jersey, I would mimic the Cowboys' double stripe on the sleeves to match the white pants, and keep the double outline numbers.

Can someone mock those up?

OK . . . just considering the jerseys . . . HATE the stripes.  Why?  Arkansas' jerseys (in my lifetime. and I'm in my 60's) have never had stripes.  It just looks "non-Arkansas" to me; plus, I've just never been a fan of stripes on the shoulders/arms of jerseys.  They are "OK" for Ohio State, USC or Northwestern, but only because they've always worn them.  Too generic a look for my taste. 

Also, not a fan of the double outline numbers.  If you're going to do anything (and, IMO you don't need to), outline the white numbers with a thin black line to make them "pop" on the red jerseys (see pics below with some of our past Nike and Adidas jerseys from recent years for examples). 

I don't want our jerseys to mimic the Cowboy's look in any way, shape or form.  Those uniforms look great on the Dallas Cowboys.  We are the Arkansas Razorbacks.  Oranges and Apples.  We don't need to look like them.

Again - and obviously - these are just my opinions.  Remember . . . you asked!   ;)

Actually, I'd LOVE the jersey Mallett is wearing in the top two pictures . . . IF . . . they'd simply remove the "tusks" in the mid-section.  That's pretty much what I requested 010HogFan to mock up for me (and he did, in the white jersey version).  Very clean look; refreshed, but retaining most of the notes from our classic look.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

DON'T FORGET THIS...

NoogaHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 02, 2018, 12:58:18 pm

OK . . . just considering the jerseys . . . HATE the stripes.  Why?  Arkansas' jerseys (in my lifetime. and I'm in my 60's) have never had stripes.  It just looks "non-Arkansas" to me; plus, I've just never been a fan of stripes on the shoulders/arms of jerseys.  They are "OK" for Ohio State, USC or Northwestern, but only because they've always worn them.  Too generic a look for my taste. 

Also, not a fan of the double outline numbers.  If you're going to do anything (and, IMO you don't need to), outline the white numbers with a thin black line to make them "pop" on the red jerseys (see pics below with some of our past Nike and Adidas jerseys from recent years for examples). 

I don't want our jerseys to mimic the Cowboy's look in any way, shape or form.  Those uniforms look great on the Dallas Cowboys.  We are the Arkansas Razorbacks.  Oranges and Apples.  We don't need to look like them.

Again - and obviously - these are just my opinions.  Remember . . . you asked!   ;)

Actually, I'd LOVE the jersey Mallett is wearing in the top two pictures . . . IF . . . they'd simply remove the "tusks" in the mid-section.  That's pretty much what I requested 010HogFan to mock up for me (and he did, in the white jersey version).  Very clean look; refreshed, but retaining most of the notes from our classic look.

Fair enough. No tusks, no white blocks, no stripes

But we older guys need stripes on the pants.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 02, 2018, 04:03:52 pm
Fair enough. No tusks, no white blocks, no stripes

But we older guys need stripes on the pants.

Older guys don't need stripes on them. They need Depends under them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoogaHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 02, 2018, 01:54:38 pm
DON'T FORGET THIS...

Well, I was looking on the googles for info about heliotrope and the razorbacks. As I typed in "heliotrope color" the googles auto fill finished with "Heliotrope color of Satan". So make of that what you will.

Seriously, though, if Satan's color did win in the wayback, I'm sure it would have evolved over time to a more common and acceptable purple like what LSU or KSU or Northwestern wear. UCA would have picked a different color.

010HogFan

I have the home version on my work computer, I'll post it Monday when I get a chance

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 02, 2018, 04:52:34 pm
Well, I was looking on the googles for info about heliotrope and the razorbacks. As I typed in "heliotrope color" the googles auto fill finished with "Heliotrope color of Satan". So make of that what you will.

Seriously, though, if Satan's color did win in the wayback, I'm sure it would have evolved over time to a more common and acceptable purple like what LSU or KSU or Northwestern wear. UCA would have picked a different color.
Shicken Chit... ;)

Pork Twain

I really hope all the old farts get their wish and we go back to looking like Oklahoma and Bama's poor younger brother.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

southarkhog06

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 03, 2018, 12:00:27 am
I really hope all the old farts get their wish and we go back to looking like Oklahoma and Bama's poor younger brother.
I hope that we keep solid color pants, so every off-season I can read 6 pages of meltdown over pants stripes...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

So is that what you were thinking in 1985?

rljjr

Oklahoma copied our uniform way back when, so there's that.

I got it:  How bout this.  Have the Grandmothers of each player round up some of the old 50s and 60s feedsack material which would be brown or offwhite in color and make their grandson a brand new uniform.  Arkansas and their number could be in either red or white and sewn on with the color of yarn from their high school colors.  These unis would be on every television and computer monitor in America and the free advertisment for Arkansas would be in the billions.  It would have to be Grandmothers or Great Grandmothers do this.  Most mothers have never even heard the words, sewing machine. 

For all you folks worried about the designer uniforms, you need to start a thread about hair products, brand of condoms utilized, jock strap design, under eye smut product, glove stickum, sun angle as to which way a player enters or exits the field so as to getting his best profile for the camera, and the list goes on and on.

jkstock04

I thought they looked awesome in pictures but when when I saw them live it was the ultimate WT.F moment. Since I already had the narrow slight that Bielema and Jeff Long wanted to make us into a Big 10 program it was just that much more of a pile on. Ohio State wannabes....yuck.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

colbs

I wonder if other fan bases complain about uniforms as much.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: colbs on February 03, 2018, 09:17:06 am
I wonder if other fan bases complain about uniforms as much.
No way... Their millennials pick their battles better...

Leadbelly

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on January 29, 2018, 03:07:17 pm

WTH?   What are you 6 years old!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

razorback44

This is what I love about threads like these. Folks arguing that they don't want us to look like Ohio State or Dallas but do want us to look like Oklahoma, Bama, Wisconsin or Nebraska. Like copying one is actually better or worse than copying the other.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 29, 2018, 02:58:01 pm

Anyone that doesn't like this uni is not a Hog fan.  There. I said it.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Leadbelly

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on February 03, 2018, 06:09:58 pm
Anyone that doesn't like this uni is not a Hog fan.  There. I said it.

So now we're gonna look like the University of Houston??
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

The_Iceman

LZH

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2018, 10:52:36 am
Recruits really seem to love this one:

That has no resemblance to a Razorback uniform.

Having said that, I actually think it's totally dope.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Leadbelly on February 03, 2018, 09:41:22 pm

So now we're gonna look like the University of Houston??

There's only so much you can do with cardinal and white (apart from putting pine cones on the crotch)...chances are some other team has already done it, especially in today's world of corporate sponsorships.

That's why I think the helmet is so important.  The Razorback helmet is iconic.  The rest is just a matter of message board fodder!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hoghearted

I like this look, except for the gradient numbers.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hoghearted on February 04, 2018, 11:22:14 am

I like this look, except for the gradient numbers.

Slightly different, but better.....

NoogaHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 02, 2018, 11:44:58 pm
Shicken Chit... ;)

The good news, Tusk, is that you would have been able to find about 17 different shades of purple at the Walmarts and on the fans on game day.

010HogFan

Here's the red

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 05, 2018, 09:11:40 am
Here's the red

Thanks, 010HogFan.  I think most will agree that this is a "fresh" update of a classic look.  Awesome, CLEAN looking unis, IMO.

Final request (actually, had asked for this one earlier as well) . . . the white version of this jersey (as you posted earlier) with contrasting pants (i.e., cardinal with white stripes), and the same red helmet.  We have seen some versions of that combination with older looks in this thread; I'd just like to see our (my idea/your rendering) updated version of this look.

Again, thanks for all that you've contributed in this thread.  I'm sure many others join with me in sharing our appreciation. 

WizardofhOgZ

I get so sick of stupid comments like this.

OU was wearing white helmets with a red stripe down the middle before Arkansas assistant Jim McKenzie took over as their Head Coach in 1966.  He immediately copied Arkansas' look by changing to solid red helmets with "OU" (instead of our Hog) on the sides of the helmet.  Now . . . WHY do you think he did that?  Because Arkansas sucked and THAT's what he wanted to be associated with his new program?  Rather, I'd guess it was because he was proud of what he had helped build at Arkansas under JFB and he aspired to have a program that good.

Now, if may be that when you came to football consciousness (whenever that may have been), YOU identified it, in YOUR mind, as "OU's look".  And, there's no doubt that Oklahoma has had more success than Arkansas over the last 30 years or so (and therefore, more people outside of Oklahoma and Arkansas would probably identify the look more with OU than Arkansas).  But that doesn't change the fact that we had it first, and it remains "our look", no matter how many other teams go to it.

Pork Twain

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 05, 2018, 04:10:25 pm
I get so sick of stupid comments like this.

OU was wearing white helmets with a red stripe down the middle before Arkansas assistant Jim McKenzie took over as their Head Coach in 1966.  He immediately copied Arkansas' look by changing to solid red helmets with "OU" (instead of our Hog) on the sides of the helmet.  Now . . . WHY do you think he did that?  Because Arkansas sucked and THAT's what he wanted to be associated with his new program?  Rather, I'd guess it was because he was proud of what he had helped build at Arkansas under JFB and he aspired to have a program that good.

Now, if may be that when you came to football consciousness (whenever that may have been), YOU identified it, in YOUR mind, as "OU's look".  And, there's no doubt that Oklahoma has had more success than Arkansas over the last 30 years or so (and therefore, more people outside of Oklahoma and Arkansas would probably identify the look more with OU than Arkansas).  But that doesn't change the fact that we had it first, and it remains "our look", no matter how many other teams go to it.

Sorry bub, nobody cares...  They have been relevant recently and we have not been since the 60's.  Are you only trying to sell this to fans over the age 45-50?  At this point in time, no matter what you might be able to show fans at games with your handy historical uniform flip chart, we look like we are trying to look like them.  The 60's were a solid 50 years ago, time to move on.  When you start talking about the 60's even those of us in our 40's have no point of relation with anything you are saying, much less the teenagers.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

riccoar

Without pine cones and deer antlers, it just doesn't match up.

hobhog

BTW- Yirachek apparently has gotten lots of comments about the anthrite nniforms. He mentioned it in jest at the recruiting party last night.

From Tusk Till Dawn

I like what you have done.  I like most of our combos but the all whites with the white helmet Is one of my favorites but only if the hog on the helmet is all red.  Great renderings!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 12247 on February 03, 2018, 08:00:50 am
I got it:  How bout this.  Have the Grandmothers of each player round up some of the old 50s and 60s feedsack material which would be brown or offwhite in color and make their grandson a brand new uniform.  Arkansas and their number could be in either red or white and sewn on with the color of yarn from their high school colors.  These unis would be on every television and computer monitor in America and the free advertisment for Arkansas would be in the billions.  It would have to be Grandmothers or Great Grandmothers do this.  Most mothers have never even heard the words, sewing machine. 

For all you folks worried about the designer uniforms, you need to start a thread about hair products, brand of condoms utilized, jock strap design, under eye smut product, glove stickum, sun angle as to which way a player enters or exits the field so as to getting his best profile for the camera, and the list goes on and on.
\
Ahh I get it, use stupid put downs to counter an argument because you're too stupid to make a valid point...  Then act like you don't even care... ;)