Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desktop vs mobile version

Started by bigpigpimpin, July 29, 2016, 07:46:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

I change it back to the desktop version of hogville every time. Anybody else do that too?

howie76

bythelake

Got to have desk top every time.

theFlyingHog

Desktop or no hogville. No need to even have a mobile version. Desktop on mobile device is a great match

(notOM)Rebel123

Yes. Switch every time. Mobile version is not "user friendly".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Vcloudv

I'm logging in just to say I change it to desktop every time.  I can never see the full posts in mobile, there are always parts cut off or it dose not fully load. 

Hogfan46

The Great Hambino

Desktop. Now let me tell you why. I can't read but the first few words of the subject on the mobile site.

razorbackfan86

Hawgey-Davidson

ChemEHawg

I switch it from mobile to desktop every morning. Seems to be on a 24 hour cache timer(?)
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

bennyl08

Same here.

Does anybody prefer the mobile version? I appreciate the work to try and make a mobile version of the site, and for a few sites, the mobile is preferable. However, I feel like most sites are better with the desktop version instead of the mobile.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Peter Porker

Always. Hate the mobile version.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PonderinHog

I would like to try the mobile version, but I'm pretty sure that's a parole violation.

Deep Shoat

Desktop for me.  Mobile is bad.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Breems

OK, I'll do it. I use the mobile.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

H&D

Desktop only, wish they'd get rid of the mobile and make it were you can push the back button and have it only go one screen back and not all the way back to the menu.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Dr. Starcs

Mobile is horrible.

I love the wap2 version for quickly reading threads though. Although I wish I could quote others in it to reply to them.

flagstaffhog

Desktop for me too...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

DLUXHOG

Desktop only..... wish I didn't have to physically make the switch though.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Horse racer

This amuses me, I thought I must be one of the few that didn't care for the other version

Sho Nuff

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: DLUXHOG on July 29, 2016, 09:24:13 pm
Desktop only..... wish I didn't have to physically make the switch though.......

Yep....at least make the switch easier, like a button at the top of the page, or an option in "more".
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Arthur pigby sellers.

Boardon Hamsay

Whoever uses mobile view should probably be whipped with a rubber hose. Whoever created mobile view should probably be whipped with a tube sock full of nickels.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

lightsout

Desktop only here too.  Can't stand mobile.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Breems on July 29, 2016, 09:13:34 pm
OK, I'll do it. I use the mobile.

Liar. Reported to Burl Ives, PharmacistHog, and Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head. >:(
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

H&D

The "No More Mobile" protest will be forming on Lanny's lawn within the hour. Who's bringing cookies?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Boardon Hamsay

July 29, 2016, 10:01:12 pm #31 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:22:06 pm by Boardon Hamsay
Quote from: H&D on July 29, 2016, 09:58:14 pm
The "No More Mobile" protest will be forming on Lanny's lawn within the hour. Who's bringing cookies?

Mulberry Squeezins is bringing owl salad and Pondwater Jack is bringing the moonshine. Should be a good time. Perhaps after this incident, Lanny will go ahead a green light my Prison Forum idea as an alternative to bantment.

rzrbackramsfan

East TN HAWG

I wish the mobile would go away. 

Sivad

Every time change to desktop.
The mobile version is tantamount to the "Nutt House".

BILLYBOB

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

McKdaddy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 29, 2016, 07:55:47 pm
Desktop or no hogville. No need to even have a mobile version.

Agreed
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

bphi11ips

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 29, 2016, 09:53:56 pm
Whoever uses mobile view should probably be whipped with a rubber hose. Whoever created mobile view should probably be whipped with a tube sock full of nickels.

I have one full of silver quarters my grandmother left in her safety deposit box if that works,  But I have to get them back. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

RazorbackToTheFuture

I ordered a plane banner!

DLUXHOG

This settles it... no more Mobile version.   It will be removed post haste... (I hope...)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SkeeterHawg

Cookies?  I delete cookies.  If they're good cookies, I delete a lot of them.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hog13hog on July 29, 2016, 11:03:57 pm
I ordered a plane banner!
Now we're talking!! I'll steal a plane

b-ash

I thought I was alone.  Mobile is unusable in my eyes.  I wish it would go
Away forever.

Razor8

hate the mobile version and hate i have to change to desktop everyday
Razorbacks

pigture perfect

I'm a desktop guy as well. I don't like the mobile.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boardon Hamsay

hamsam

Change it back to desktop every stinking day.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

AirWarren

Mobile version sucks.

Desktop all day.

War Boar

Desktop. Except when I'm lazy. Then I usually regret being lazy and switch anyway.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 29, 2016, 07:46:57 pm
I change it back to the desktop version of hogville every time. Anybody else do that too?

Quote from: howie76 on July 29, 2016, 07:50:08 pm
Every time

Never fail to.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.