Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Lane Kiffin tweet too much?

Started by jbcarol, October 24, 2019, 08:56:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin

@Lane_Kiffin
For those of you that may  have something holding you back from being the best version of yourself.  I encourage you that you can do it! It may seem simple but not easy, but it definitely will be worth it.  We only have one shot at this life on earth.  Go be the best you can be. #NoLookingBack.
3 years today!!! 🚫🍻
💙LK💙PK💙KK
#AppreciateEveryone
12:22 PM · Jan 30, 2024
·
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

2:36 PM · Jan 31, 2024
·

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin gives hilarious reaction to crazy theory on Tennessee NIL investigation

by:
Chandler Vessels

Follow Lane Kiffin

@Lane_Kiffin
·

🤦‍♂️ @finebaum

QuoteLane Kiffin couldn't help but to shake his head at a theory from one Tennessee fan regarding the NIL investigation into the Vols. A caller by the name of Peggy phoned into The Paul Finebaum Show on Wednesday, where she accused the Ole Miss coach of being the reason UT is potentially in trouble.

AGs from Tennessee file federal lawsuit against NCAA following investigation into Vols

hamARchy in the USA

Blue-Chip

Quoteauthor=hamARchy in the USA
How does she write while holding the marker like that??
Not very well!

jbcarol

Best described as a stabbing motion.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin recalls iconic lashing from Nick Saban: 'I thought he was going to fight me physically'

by:
Steve Samra

QuoteOver the years, Kiffin has laughed about the "ass-chewings" he's received from Saban when he was the Crimson Tide play-caller, but one stands above the rest.

According to Kiffin via ESPN's Chris Low and Harry Lyles Jr., the story begins during Alabama's 2016 Fall Camp. At the time, the Crimson Tide were participating in a "good-on-good" drill.

Kiffin couldn't resist the urge to try to make Saban's defense look bad against his offense, "I'd come from the Pete Carroll camp. I wasn't wired that way, to let the defense win," Kiffin recalled.

Evidently, Kiffin had "several coaches on his offensive staff present different types of plays, or what one of those assistants recently referred to as 'cool plays,' and put them in before practice," ESPN reported. Alas, the rest of the offensive staff reportedly knew Saban wouldn't be pleased.

"We had a really good day on offense, ran some reverses, threw a double pass and had all these touchdowns, and he said that all I was trying to do was win the drill and trick the defense and not help the team," Kiffin stated. "I was like, 'Isn't that the point in good-on-good situations on offense, to see if you can move the ball?' He was furious."

Well, Kiffin went as far the other way as he could the next time he had the opportunity, adding that he "ran the most generic, basic, under-center offense," and in the end, Saban's defense dominated.

That didn't please Saban either. According to ESPN, Kiffin was pressed by Saban for an explanation on why he was running that offense, and he recognizes he was being a smart-ass.

"'I'm just running what I thought you would want me to run against the defense,'" Kiffin answered Saban. "Again, it was just me being smart-ass me."

Alas, Saban had reached his breaking point. The former Alabama leader decided to tell the rest of his assistants sans Kiffin to leave the room, and the writing was on the wall from there.

"I have to sit there, and he is screaming at me, standing over me screaming as I'm sitting in my chair. I thought he was going to fight me physically," Kiffin laughed. "So, yes, I got a lot of ass-chewings, but that's the biggest one and one that no one saw. But I deserved it."

One of the best parts of Kiffin's recollection was his final point on the matter, where he remembered Saban compared Kiffin to a children's book character, P.J. Funnybunny — a spoiled cartoon bunny who went around creating havoc.

"He screamed at me that I was the bunny," Kiffin said, via ESPN. "And we were like, 'What the hell is that? There's no way Coach has read a little kid's bedtime story like that!'"

It's easy to see why Lane Kiffin has so much love and appreciation for Nick Saban.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin calls on Ole Miss basketball team to 'Beat Auburn again' ahead of Saturday's clash

by:
Steve Samra

QuoteLane Kiffin is always good for a couple hilarious posts on X

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

What an amazing day to Beat Auburn again ⁦
@OleMiss

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin responds to panel of ESPN analysts who predict Ole Miss will make CFP in 2024
Spenser Davis | 23 minutes ago

QuoteLane Kiffin had a predictable reaction to learning that Ole Miss was predicted to make the 2024 College Football Playoff by a panel of 6 ESPN expects.

ESPN published predictions for the first-ever 12-team Playoff earlier this week. Ole Miss appeared on all 6 ballots and was ranked as high as No. 6

Kiffin responded to the prediction with a call back to Nick Saban's iconic "rat poison" remark:

Follow Lane Kiffin

@Lane_Kiffin
·

As the 🐐 would say to the  🐇   That right there is 🐀☠️ @OleMissFB @AlabamaFTBL

Ole Miss has signed impact transfers such as Walter Nolen, Princely Umanmielen and Chris Paul Jr.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Thank you so much for this reading at the end of class ⁦@BaptisteYogaOx
⁩ #Perspective 🚫👿🪑🍽️ #Perspective #LetItGo 🌅🧘🔥

8:41 AM · Feb 6, 2024
·

jbcarol

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

🐬

9:13 AM · Feb 9, 2024
·

jbcarol

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@OleMissFB

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@Nike
⁩ ⁦
@grovecollectnil

8:29 PM · Feb 16, 2024
·

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Magnolia Bowl - Wikipedia

7:49 PM · Feb 20, 2024
·

jbcarol

Scarblog: DeBoer's no Kiffin (on social media)

QuoteKalen DeBoer hasn't been here long enough to unpack. He's just now replacing the revolving door on the staff meeting room, but he already has made history. He is the first Alabama head football coach with a Twitter account. You can say X now marks the spot for the social media platform.

Twitter was launched in July of 2006. That was Mike Shula's last summer in the big office in the Mal Moore Building, and as best I can tell, he was neither an early nor a late adopter.

Alabama had just one football coach between Shula and DeBoer. In keeping with his character, Nick Saban did not have time for that kind of clutter. He could've hired someone to speak to the fan base and recruits that way, but you've got to draw the line on staff sizes somewhere.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Have an amazing Monday ⁦@OleMiss⁩ #NoEnergyVampires ⁦🧘‍♂️🧘🧘🏻‍♀️💙

8:23 AM · Feb 26, 2024
·

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Sources: Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss adding former MTSU standout QB Brent Stockstill to staff - Footballscoop

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

💙💙 brother and sister love. Was a great b day Pops. Happy 21st!!!

Monte George Kiffin (born February 29, 1940)

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin
💯🏈🔥

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@grovecollectnil
⁩ ⁦
@OleMissFB

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

✔️🏁

jbcarol

Kiffin agrees with former Alabama player on Nick Saban's latest statement

By Mark Heim |

QuoteYou will rarely see Lane Kiffin disagree with Nick Saban.

In fact, more times than not, the Ole Miss coach will defend the man he refers to as the GOAT more times than not.

Such was the case on Wednesday, a day after the former Alabama coach went to Washington to speak to congressmen on the state of college athletics.

Saban, 72, retired after 17 years at Alabama earlier this year. Now, he is giving his perspective on college athletics in the world of NIL and transfer portal.

"All the things I believed in for all these years, 50 years of coaching, no longer exists in college athletics. So it was always about developing players. It was always about helping people be more successful in life.

"My wife even said to me, we had all the recruits over on Sunday, and she would always meet with the mothers about how she was going to help impact their sons and they'd be well taken care of. She came to me right before I retired and said 'Why are we doing this?' I said what do you mean? She said 'All they care about is how much you're going to pay them. They don't care about how much you're going to develop them, which is what we've always done. So why are we doing this?'

"To me, that was a red alert that we are creating a circumstance here that's not beneficial to the development of young people. Which is why I always did what I did. My dad did it. I did it. So that's the reason why I liked college athletics more than the NFL."

The former Alabama coach simply couldn't keep up with the changing times.

Former players disagree.

"There are thousands of former players for him who are better men/husbands/fathers/(inset career field) because he cared," former Alabama center Ryan Kelly posted.

Follow Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin
·

💥 Ryan @AlabamaFTBL well said!!

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@NCAA

10:06 AM · Mar 15, 2024
·

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

2:08 PM · Mar 16, 2024
·

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin

@Lane_Kiffin
Great words to live by! Practice today, time to push yourself #ComeToTheSip

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Lane Kiffin still on the hunt for portal runner

6:22 PM · Mar 20, 2024
·

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin
@Lane_Kiffin

💯 percent true!!!  Definitely not the plan "I" wanted.   So glad for unanswered prayers. 🚫😈🪑🍽️

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin trolls Auburn basketball after upset loss in NCAA Tournament

by:
Grant Grubbs

QuoteOle Miss football head coach Lane Kiffin just kicked Auburn while it was down. Only minutes after Auburn fell in stunning 78-76 fashion to No. 13 seed Yale in the NCAA Tournament, Kiffin quoted Auburn's pregame post with a sarcastic comment.

"Good luck guys," Kiffin wrote on X.

Auburn Jungle
@AUJungle
·
7h
First round today in Spokane👏 We ready😈

Where are you tuning in today?

#WarEagle | #FearTheJungle

Ouch.

jbcarol

Kiffin discusses 'stupid system' allowing multiple transfers in offseason

by:
Nick Kosko

QuoteKiffin is clearly not a fan of the transfer portal system as it's currently constructed. With the way the calendar works, players can transfer multiple times in an offseason.

The biggest example of that recently was Five-Star+ offensive tackle Kadyn Proctor leaving Alabama for Iowa this offseason after Nick Saban's retirement. On an NIL deal, it was a big win for the Hawkeyes, but he elected to re-enter the portal just a few months later and plans to go back to Alabama.

Kiffin can't fault the players or even his own at Ole Miss because everyone takes advantage of the transfer system.

"Just a really stupid system, but hey, good for the players, maybe," Kiffin said. "I mean it's good for them financially. I don't know that it's really good for them and they know they can leave anytime and whenever something goes wrong, just gonna run, no matter what. But I think what you're gonna see, and I said this when they first started this, you're gonna see people and maybe, you just have one high profile player that I'm gonna go somewhere in January.

"I'm going to get their money. I'm going to have never played a down as a transfer. And I'm going to go back in right after spring ball into the portal and go somewhere else and get their money.

"So I mean, you say yeah, good for the players," Kiffin said. "It's good financially for them. But is that really good for college football? You've created a system, so you can't really blame them. You've created a system that you can just keep getting money basically at the end of every semester somewhere else and switch spots as many times as you want.

"You know, let me go try out this school and take this spot and you know, make a deal with their collective and then I'm gonna try out this one if it doesn't, you know, I don't get as many balls I want or it doesn't go my way, that's not good."

The Proctor example is just the start, according to Kiffin. You haven't seen anything yet!

"And I think you're gonna see that, I think you're gonna see players that just signed in January, that are going to go back in, having taken the money which is fine, and go another place," Kiffin said. "And it's not necessarily because they had a terrible spring. It's just because the system allows that.

"I brought it up in meetings when they first (did this) ... you better make something where you have to sign for a year," Kiffin said. "So all these portal players that after last season go in at least they signed for one year, you know, not one semester without playing in the offseason ... Would that happen in the NFL? Hey, go sign in the offseason after the season and get a contract and get paid and then before you ever play and go somewhere else.

"I have these rants on this thing but because it's really a (expletive) system," Kiffin said. "It is. Now we're going to utilize it just like the players use it. I'm not mad at the player. They're gonna utilize the system, we're gonna utilize it and make the best roster that we can but it's not good."

jbcarol

Here's what annoys Lane Kiffin about 'The Bachelor'

The Ole Miss has two former players on the cast of the reality game show

By Mark Heim

QuoteWhen Lane Kiffin wasn't railing on the current transfer portal system Tuesday during his press conference, the Ole Miss coach was explaining what annoys him about "The Bachelor" and spinoff "The Bachelorette."

In the upcoming season of the "The Bachelorette," two former Kiffin players will be among the 25 men fighting for the love of Jen.

Former Ole Miss tight end and current staffer Jonathan Hess and former FAU receiver John Mitchell are among the contestants

"It'll be interesting," the former Alabama offensive coordinator said. "I feel like it's kind of like the basketball tournament, or now the playoffs in football. I feel like if you can make it and get some momentum going and get past the beginning to where people see a lot of (Hess), then I think he's got a chance because of his personality."

According to Rebel Grove, Kiffin's daughter, Landry, a freshman at Ole Miss, has been home watching the show, which has led Kiffin back to the television.

"They talk about it, so I do see a little bit of it. I always kind of get annoyed by it because I feel like the competition makes people act different. ... They want to have the next show. They don't want to win, necessarily. They get a high score here and say, 'I love you' after one date."

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin
·

Not one but 2️⃣ former players!!! John ⁦@FAUFootball⁩ and Jonathan ⁦@OleMissFB⁩
⁦@BacheloretteABC⁩
Let the games begin!!! 🌹🥀

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Hall of Fame announces 15 recipients of third annual 'Awards of Excellence' | Pro Football Hall of Fame ❤️ ⁦
@Buccaneers

QuoteReceiving Awards of Excellence for 2024 are:
Assistant Coaches — Monte Kiffin, Bill McPherson and Lionel Taylor.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Comments from Lane Kiffin could actually be good news for the Tennessee Vols' offense in 2024

QuoteOle Miss Rebels head coach Lane Kiffin was a bit more candid this week when discussing the in-helmet devices, suggesting that it's like a "cheat code".

"It's here and we utilize it in practice and [it's] our first time getting used to it," said Kiffin. "I think differently, especially after using it. I think it's really like having a cheat coach in Madden, offensively. I don't know if they've really thought, defensively, of what exactly that means. I think the assumption is, 'Oh, you talk to the quarterback.' There's really more to it than that, especially the way we run our offense. Without giving too much into that, what it allows us to do with signals, with the whole process. I think it's a cheat code, offensively. If you do certain things offensively."

Ole Miss, like Tennessee, utilizes tempo. And while each program likely signals plays a bit differently, there are a lot of similarities between both programs and the way their offenses operate.

So you can bet that if Kiffin has figured out a way to make the process even more efficient, then Heupel (and likely anyone else that runs an up-tempo offense) has probably figured it out as well.

Kiffin didn't detail the specifics of how the new system is a "cheat code", but it seems likely that it involves a hybrid system of talking to the quarterback while also using sideline signals for certain players on the field. 

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin shares how Ole Miss educates players on sports gambling

by: Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteFor Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin, it's one more complicating factor among dozens. One that he doesn't necessarily have a great pulse on himself. So Kiffin has turned to the experts:

"I don't have a ton of knowledge in that area, so when I don't we bring people in for that," Kiffin said. "We had someone speak to our coaches I want to say at Destin, the SEC coaches about this a year ago. I thought that they did a great job. They had worked with the NFL. They had worked with other colleges and they were people that knew how it worked.

"They were able to get the alerts and track where the players, where the bets come from and their phones or girlfriends' phones. And they did such a good job that we brought them in here before the season to talk to our guys about that."

Dozens of athletes were suspended at both Iowa and Iowa State over alleged sports betting. Alabama baseball coach Brad Bohannon was fired after links to him popped up in another sports betting investigation.

"It's just another one of those things out there that guys got to understand and protect the team, protect themselves and protect the team," Kiffin said.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@OleMiss

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@OleMiss

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Ex-Giants coach Joe Judge joins Ole Miss staff, sources say - via
@ESPN App

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Rat Poison | ESPN names Lane Kiffin among college football's best coaches for 2024 🐀 ☠️

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin bringing Joey Chestnut to Ole Miss spring game for hot-dog eating contest

QuoteLane Kiffin's mixing things up this spring.

The Ole Miss coach revealed Tuesday that Joey Chestnut makes/will make an appearance at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium for the Rebels' Grove Bowl Games for a hot dog-eating contest.

Kiffin reached out to the world record competitive eater.

"I did what everybody does nowadays," Kiffin said, per the Clarion Ledger. "I just DMed him. Slid into his DMs."

Chestnut is best known for his 16 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest titles he wins every July 4

Chestnut appears courtesy of Major League Eating

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Let go for yourself and for them if someone is holding you back. 🚫😈🪑🍽️
YOU are in charge of who sits at your table. Remember that. 💙

jbcarol

Kiffin explains decision to change Ole Miss spring game format

by: Chandler Vessels

QuoteOle Miss spring game looked much different than usual when the Rebels took the field on Saturday. Named the "Grove Bowl Games," the event resembled the new-look version of the NFL Pro Bowl with players partaking in challenges that often had little to do with football.

There was a slam dunk competition, a hot dog eating contest and a tug-o-war.

"I kind of wanted to think outside the box because the spring game, everybody just runs a few plays and a few defenses," he explained. "So really analyzing doesn't do us a whole lot of good. You potentially get injuries. So we just weighed that and we said, 'let's make it like the Pro Bowl and have a skills 7-on-7.'

"Then in between just said, 'OK, what are our ideas?' I said, 'What about a dunk competition?' thinking Tre Harris would win. Then a hot dog eating competition. If we can hit Joey Chestnut, we can figure that thing out. Then a skills challenge and a relay race. We just tried to make it exciting for fans and for players. Pretty cool day."