Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ok urban meyer

Started by dizzy_lavender, November 24, 2012, 02:24:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzy_lavender

Undefeated in his first year at osu.
Won a nc at florida.
Won at utah.

,.....................COACHING MATTERS..........

CDBHawg

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 24, 2012, 02:24:07 pm
Won a nc at florida.
Won at utah.

Up until your post I didn't think it did. Now I am convinced it does. Thanks dizzy.

dizzy_lavender

My bad...he won 2 titles at florida

arktravlr

He had a good two years at Bowling Green as well

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

JonClaudeVanHam

Good Lord he might be onto something, here!
Quote from: rhames on Yesterday at 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 24, 2012, 02:26:07 pm
Up until your post I didn't think it did. Now I am convinced it does. Thanks dizzy.

lol +1
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HiggiePiggy

2 titles at Florida, a BCS win at Utah and undefeated season, and now a team that has nothing to really play for at the beginning of the season takes them to 12-0. 

Yes he is a great coach. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Wild Bill Hog

An AD that is long on integrity can more than make up for not having a good coach.     :puke:

ZERO

I agree, but I'm pretty sure Jim Tressel would have also been 12-0 this season in this atrocious B1G. How incredibly fortunate Meyer was to inherit Ohio State at a time when the conference was so down.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hulk HOGan

Nice to know that Meyer was able to clear up his riveting life problems and many ailments.

hog1812

You know, you're right!  At Florida, Utah AND at Ohio State, Meyer had absolutely nothing to work with.  No tradition, no support, no facilities, and players who were for the most part rejects from failed junior college programs.  And yet he WON with them.  It really can't be anything other than coaching, can it??

Actually, you do have a point, to an extent. Meyer is clearly an excellent coach, and tremendous organizer.  But far too many of our 'fans' are simple and gullible.  They can be led to believe that all you really have to have is the right coach, and you can take East Broken Toe High School and win an NCAA National Championship. Sadly, some of our people firmly believe that. 

You can understand how they can be so deluded, of course; it's much easier to believe that you can find the single individual that will make the difference than to recognize that a major university football program is a complex, dynamic system that requires a large number of positive attributes to be successful on a national scale. 

Good coaching is one of them.  We have not had that this year.  But we also have lacked in a number of other key areas, and our simple fans will never comprehend that.  Our recruiting for the past 3 years has been miserable; we are blinded by our love and loyalty, but the fact is that Fayetteville is not a place that will attract a large number of top-tier players.  Some of our people talk incessantly about the greatness of our facilities. They are mid-level at best, even among SEC schools. 

UA is a tremendous institution, and we should be extremely proud of our teams.  But every once in a while, we should at least offer a passing wave to reality.  And the more we lead our people to believe that any one person can make us a national championship contender, the more we set them up for continued frustration.

swinetologist1

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

westside_player

Meyer is good when he has a great Qb. He's also been at some places that were easy to win. Meyer is one of the more over rated coaches of all time.

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: westside_player on November 24, 2012, 04:27:43 pm
Meyer is good when he has a great Qb. He's also been at some places that were easy to win. Meyer is one of the more over rated coaches of all time.

Yeah we all know how easy it is to win in the sec.

razorbackcpa

Chris Leak wasn't great. He was good, but not great.

The_Iceman

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 24, 2012, 02:26:07 pm

westside_player

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 24, 2012, 04:30:03 pm
Yeah we all know how easy it is to win in the sec.

yea with Tebow. Once Tebow was done Meyer was done.

RockChalkJayhawk

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 24, 2012, 02:24:07 pm
Won a nc at florida.
Won at utah.

And all this time, most of us thought these guys were being paid millions to test-drive dealership vehicles.  Gosh.. what a revelation.
Only one word can describe this particular cutting-edge information:

latrops

I'd take him.

presidenthog

Rational? Logic? Neither of these things have any business being on hogville

HiggiePiggy

Yes he is so overrated.  116-23 2 NC titles and 2 more BCS bowl wins. Yes I wish we had an overrated coach like that.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Lysol

Quote from: latrops on November 24, 2012, 04:34:30 pm

I'd take him.
I literally did the same thing after reading his post. Facial expression and all