Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Town to Pitt

Started by FANONTHEHILL, December 19, 2017, 12:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Ricky visited Pitt over the weekend and committed.  Formally announced today. Never had much of an opportunity at Arkansas, but a solid QB and great kid.  Will be playing for HC Pat Narduzzi and OC Shawn Watson (who tried to recruit him to Texas out high school).  Two years left to play after spending last fall at Ventura Community College in CA.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

go hogues

Was he on a roster this fall or was he just a regular student at UA?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: go hogues on December 19, 2017, 12:57:30 pm

Ventura CC in California.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

BigSexyHog

Happy for him.  Hope he can make the best of it and have a good upcoming season.  Always seemed like a good person.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogsanity

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 19, 2017, 12:56:22 pm
Never had much of an opportunity at Arkansas, but a solid QB and great kid. 

Was he even here when he could have been on the field? I know he had to sit out 1 yr, was he actually here for two?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

congrats to him! Hope he is very successful!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Fan1958

Ricky visited Pitt over the weekend and committed.  Formally announced today. Never had much of an opportunity at Arkansas, but a solid QB and great kid.  Will be playing for HC Pat Narduzzi and OC Shawn Watson (who tried to recruit him to Texas out high school).  Two years left to play after spending last fall at Ventura Community College in CA.

[/b]
Quote from: go hogues on December 19, 2017, 12:57:30 pm

Wow, no wonder the posts and responses on this board are so incoherent and inconsistent.  Either failure to read or lack of reading comprehension.  Not sure which.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Grumpypenguin

FANONTHEHILL

December 19, 2017, 01:47:47 pm #8 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:30:08 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2017, 01:38:08 pm
Was he even here when he could have been on the field? I know he had to sit out 1 yr, was he actually here for two?
Early enrollee that went through spring at USC in 2015 under Sarkasian.  Saw what was coming and transferred to Arkansas.  Had to sit fall of 2015.  Eligible 2016 but saw no time and left for Ventura College. Has two years to play at Pitt.

HawgsPolo

This kid sure bounces around a lot. I wonder who is making decisions for him.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Mike Irwin

Not sure what he was doing at Arkansas. Saw him come into the huddle in a practice one day and come right back out. The explanation we got later on was that he didn't know the play that was called so Enos got ticked and told him to go sit down.

younghog

Quote from: HawgsPolo on December 19, 2017, 02:12:35 pm
This kid sure bounces around a lot. I wonder who is making decisions for him.

I feel ya.. ~I really do
GO HOGS

ONCE AGAIN, we get to see if a particular human being was cluster fricked at Arkansas or if he truly is dumb as a box of rocks.  Last huge box of rocks stupid Dude we had here, some idiot named Chaney, you know the feller, stumbled around accused of being the OC, finally got out under duress and struggled in a circle until he landed at Georgia as OC.  Now he is in the college playoff as the Geo OC.  Can you just see that, old Chaney too stupid to tie his shoes and ends up in the playoff.  YOU WOULD THINK THAT EVEN THE DUMBEST OF THE DUMB SHOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU CANNOT HAVE SUCCESS AT ARKANSAS WITH THE BRIGHT AND INNOVATIVE GROUP WE HAD HERE, YOU WILL FAIL ANYWHERE YOU GO.  Ricky Town, who couldn't operate the Enos offense after having such a great and long period of time to learn it, will be a total fail anywhere he goes.  Why, its written in the stars, it is.

True shame how folks like Chaney and Town are even allowed to continue messing up.  I mean, thank about that folks, both these dumbasses had one of the highest paid leaders in all of football offering advice, leading them, being the old salt, and neither of these Guys could understand dick.

Dropkick

jvanhorn

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 19, 2017, 01:44:46 pm
[/b]
Wow, no wonder the posts and responses on this board are so incoherent and inconsistent.  Either failure to read or lack of reading comprehension.  Not sure which.

Unfortunately it is both.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 19, 2017, 01:44:46 pm
[/b]
And then a-holes like you and I cluttering it up with nonsense

theFlyingHog

Quote from: 12247 on December 19, 2017, 03:48:06 pm
ONCE AGAIN, we get to see if a particular human being was cluster fricked at Arkansas or if he truly is dumb as a box of rocks.  Last huge box of rocks stupid Dude we had here, some idiot named Chaney, you know the feller, stumbled around accused of being the OC, finally got out under duress and struggled in a circle until he landed at Georgia as OC.  Now he is in the college playoff as the Geo OC.  Can you just see that, old Chaney too stupid to tie his shoes and ends up in the playoff.  YOU WOULD THINK THAT EVEN THE DUMBEST OF THE DUMB SHOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU CANNOT HAVE SUCCESS AT ARKANSAS WITH THE BRIGHT AND INNOVATIVE GROUP WE HAD HERE, YOU WILL FAIL ANYWHERE YOU GO.  Ricky Town, who couldn't operate the Enos offense after having such a great and long period of time to learn it, will be a total fail anywhere he goes.  Why, its written in the stars, it is.

True shame how folks like Chaney and Town are even allowed to continue messing up.  I mean, thank about that folks, both these dumbasses had one of the highest paid leaders in all of football offering advice, leading them, being the old salt, and neither of these Guys could understand dick.
Let it go already. He's gone

Mike Irwin

I would not compare Town to Chaney. I argued with some here to the point of exhaustion about Chaney. Every coach I talked to back in those days had good things to say about him. Because Bielema questioned his play calling from time to time it became the thing on this board to label Chaney as a moron. I remember how this place erupted with joy when he left. I warned some of ya'll then that it was going to cause an issue with Pittman and it did. Be careful what you ask for.

As for Town, he just jacked around. The coaches didn't take him seriously because he didn't put any effort into his game. Maybe he's learned something since he left. I hope so.

cosmodrum

Come on, Hogville. His name is Rickey Towns.
Go away, batin'

hogshawhoggins

Pigstie

He may have had more of an opportunity if he had chosen to learn the playbook.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

The Hogfather

48 schools in 4 years.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Nice rant... I give it a 7. Pleasant, but not too pleasant, and more fire than smarmyness... The hyperbolic sarcasm would have been if beset with an "Oh NO!", but point was well made either way.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

jcbville

Run out of meds again?

Beached

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 19, 2017, 04:52:01 pm
As for Town, he just jacked around. The coaches didn't take him seriously because he didn't put any effort into his game. Maybe he's learned something since he left. I hope so.

Sounds like the Arkansas sports media during Bert's tenure.

SooieGeneris

Just think of the possibilities of the Town to Kane Whitehurst passing combo. Especially with Uncle Charlie tutoring them.

Between that and Vin Ascolese breaking every tackling record, Pitt could return to the glory days of Dan Marino and Hugh Green..

To hear some on here, Town will break every passing record in Pitt history. Of course, he's more likely to break wind.

Every QB the last 5 years behind the Allens has been held back by the coaches insistence of starting two bums because of their last name or their home town, according to some.

Meanwhile, the budding superstar Peavey is 2nd string at SMU, Mitchell started a few games for NC State and did nothing special, Towns has more moves than exlax, and Kelley did okay in his starts, but again nothing special.

When Austin was Brandon's backup, the self-appointed experts said Austin was so much better than big brother etc, until he actually started to play.

It's funny how not the old staff, but the Petrino staff recruited the Allens and that staff's judgment on QBs was rarely questioned.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?