Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have y'all watched Mitch's Tweets today?

Started by Razorback Pastor, December 03, 2017, 03:55:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

menehune

And Gus Malzahn was the Cassius who used those kids to barter himself a job which was the beginning of ALL of the adults failing those kids. 

SpareRib

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 03, 2017, 06:22:58 pm
What he's been tweeting about is over your head. It's not about the fans. It's not about the school. It's about adults who were in charge of 18 year old kids and used them like they were their personal property. Nutt and his staff weren't the only guilty parties. Some of the boosters who were heavily involved are either dead or no longer active in athletic affairs but a few are still around.

Honestly I don't think his attitude will change until the results of an internal investigation conducted by a university attorney in late 2006 and early 2007 are made public and apologies are made. I highly doubt that will happen so why should he have good feelings about the school?

He's not the only freshman on that team that feels this way but he's the only one who gets continually harassed on Twitter.

Thanks Mike.  Amid all the drama,  this is pretty much bottom line.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: PolishPigPower on December 03, 2017, 06:43:27 pm
A few years ago in LR, I watched The Identity Theft of Mitch Mustain.  For those who don't know, it's a film about MM's journey from 8th grade thru his days at USC.  Some of it is a little slanted, but it wasn't the film itself that stood out to me.  It was the Q&A that Mitch held after the film that went nearly an hour.  He fielded every question about everything asked, answered directly, and didn't make excuses. 

Bottom line that I got from it was he was a guy who was extremely talented, but lost his love for the game after the time at the UofA.  Furthermore, when Gus left for Tulsa up to the time of that Q&A, MM had not spoken to or heard from Gus.  Think about it.  Gus was like the dad he didn't have from 8th grade thru his freshman semester of college, and then... poof... he was gone.

Sounds like some things have improved there, and I'm glad for that.  When I talked to MM that day, he was passionate about the military and had found a love for training firefighters at a facility out there in AZ.  He doesn't sugarcoat anything, and it's easy for some of us to take potshots at him because he is well known.  But he was 18 when he was here, and then kinda was like a rudderless ship for a few years.  He's a standup guy now, and as someone who was also pretty freaking rudderless when I was 18-23, I'm not gonna hold it against him. 

It's not his sour grapes.  It's that he honestly doesn't care what happens with Arkansas football.  I don't share that sentiment... I care a heckuva lot... but I can't blame him for those feelings.  Walk a mile in that guy's shoes, y'all.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 03, 2017, 07:14:50 pm
Can some of you people not understand this, it's not about what he didn't do on the football field. He freely admits they should have redshirted him. He takes no credit for the 8 game winning streak while he was the starter. He gives the credit to guys like D-Mac, Felix, Peyton Hillis, Marcus Monk and several defensive players. He's really not even mad about what happened to him because he's come to terms with it.

Like I've pointed out I think he would like the results of that investigation to be made public and apologies issued not just to him but several other players on that team. Those guys came to the school to try help win football games. They got caught up in a power struggle that took them totally by surprise. They were left stunned that grown men would get into what amounted to a junior high-type pissing contest with them caught in the middle. They have gradually come to terms with it but remain to this day bewildered that it happened and that nobody has ever officially acknowledged it.

ALL OF THIS RIGHT HERE!!

(notOM)Rebel123

I'm sorry but I have heard enough about Nutt, Gus, and Mitch. I'm sick of hearing about Beck Campbell, Teresa, Danny, The shoes, letters, call-in show drama, "Year of the Dog".....you name it. I couldn't care less about the findings of any investigation into the happenings of that semester over a decade ago. I'm sorry MM had to go through that, but he he knew what he was getting into. He just put his trust in the wrong people. I'm sick of all of them.....it will do nobody any good for all of this to be stirred up again. Again,  hate the kids went through that mess, but how long are the fans going to have relive that crap?  Let it go people....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

IronHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 03, 2017, 06:22:58 pm
What he's been tweeting about is over your head. It's not about the fans. It's not about the school. It's about adults who were in charge of 18 year old kids and used them like they were their personal property. Nutt and his staff weren't the only guilty parties. Some of the boosters who were heavily involved are either dead or no longer active in athletic affairs but a few are still around.

Honestly I don't think his attitude will change until the results of an internal investigation conducted by a university attorney in late 2006 and early 2007 are made public and apologies are made. I highly doubt that will happen so why should he have good feelings about the school?

He's not the only freshman on that team that feels this way but he's the only one who gets continually harassed on Twitter.

Exactly correct

Bunch of Millionaires jerking around an 18 year old kid with no Dad there to help guide the ship.

One of the most sickening things I've ever seen and a clear example of why Hog football has been what it has since Hatfield left.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 03, 2017, 07:14:50 pm
Can some of you people not understand this, it's not about what he didn't do on the football field. He freely admits they should have redshirted him. He takes no credit for the 8 game winning streak while he was the starter. He gives the credit to guys like D-Mac, Felix, Peyton Hillis, Marcus Monk and several defensive players. He's really not even mad about what happened to him because he's come to terms with it.

Like I've pointed out I think he would like the results of that investigation to be made public and apologies issued not just to him but several other players on that team. Those guys came to the school to try help win football games. They got caught up in a power struggle that took them totally by surprise. They were left stunned that grown men would get into what amounted to a junior high-type pissing contest with them caught in the middle. They have gradually come to terms with it but remain to this day bewildered that it happened and that nobody has ever officially acknowledged it.

That's on Gus.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Grizzlyfan

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: menehune on December 03, 2017, 07:35:38 pm
And Gus Malzahn was the Cassius who used those kids to barter himself a job which was the beginning of ALL of the adults failing those kids. 

so little do you know.
Let's make some waves.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dropkick

Gus delivered the kids to the situation and then caught the first bus out of town when he couldn't handle it.

riccoar

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 11, 2017, 02:55:21 pm
Tell me again, who was the head coach?
THIS.  Nutt chose the entire path for that entire scenario to unfold the way it did.  Absolutely unconscionable for a grown arse man to treat a kid like he did and allowed others to.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dropkick on December 12, 2017, 07:38:20 pm
Gus delivered the kids to the situation and then caught the first bus out of town when he couldn't handle it.

Couldn't handle it?  He did the smartest thing by leaving, because Nutt pretty much handcuffed him during the LSU game.  He came back as OC and he probably would never have gotten a chance at being a head coach at Auburn today.  Nutt is the one that screwed all of that up. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?