Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is everyone so mad? i warn you 5 years ago this might happen

Started by forrest city joe, October 07, 2017, 07:45:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

This isn't a basketball thread so let's get back on track. I can't believe we didn't listen to pillowhead when he warned us.

(ANYbody that thought portis was staying is crazy, by the way)
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

gchamblee

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 08, 2017, 11:04:29 am
No. They did not and I do agree with you on that aspect. Petrino was his own worst enemy in doing those things.  If Long is managing the crisis properly, he doesn't give an out of control coach the chance to make things worse. He should have been telling Petrino when he could go to the bathroom at that point.

My argument was that Long needed to manage that situation better than he did. Had he done that, don't you think there's a possibility that Petrino doesn't screw the pooch? He left Long with few choices after all that, but I don't think it had to get to that point. It was a political disaster that could have been mitigated.

by the time long knew there had been an accident, the ASP had already been called. JL told CBP not to do the press conference, and CBP did it anyway. CBP really chopped JL's legs out from under him every step of the way. There was absolutely no opportunity for anyone to cover it up. CBP saw to that.

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 08, 2017, 11:36:05 am
I don't care about fcj.  I am seeing improvement with the basketball program while I am seeing incompetents in the football program.   Basketball program in the last 15 years has been a joke and is now starting to become a respectable program again.  2 out of our last 3 years we have made the tournament and put up 27 and 26 wins.   Our basketball program is on an upswing as for our football program it is going on a down swing.  Finishing last year strong and almost beating the eventual champions in basketball is far better than seeing our football program lose a 24 point lead in the halftime of our bowl game last year just to follow it up with crap performances against TCU Texas A&M and now South Carolina while looking at probably a 5-7 maybe 6-6 joke of a football program.

FCJ was giving MA a pass for the same stuff he was roasting CBB over. It didn't make any sense to me how he could be so inconsistent between the 2 coaches. Once I figured out why he was doing it, I stopped reading any of his posts. A coach should never be judged based on the color of his skin and I will never approve of it ...ever.

forrest city joe

Quote from: moses_007 on October 08, 2017, 03:35:56 pm
Forrest City Joe, you don't seem mad at all, and you usually come in here mad as a wet hen when Arkansas gets beaten badly.  You must have just accepted losing as a way of life for this program.
I will never accept the Hogs losing.i am just in shock looking how bad the Hogs are.the program is destroyed.

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 08, 2017, 11:36:05 am
I don't care about fcj.  I am seeing improvement with the basketball program while I am seeing incompetents in the football program.   Basketball program in the last 15 years has been a joke and is now starting to become a respectable program again.  2 out of our last 3 years we have made the tournament and put up 27 and 26 wins.   Our basketball program is on an upswing as for our football program it is going on a down swing.  Finishing last year strong and almost beating the eventual champions in basketball is far better than seeing our football program lose a 24 point lead in the halftime of our bowl game last year just to follow it up with crap performances against TCU Texas A&M and now South Carolina while looking at probably a 5-7 maybe 6-6 joke of a football program.

Also,  i forgot to mention that i also agree that I like what MA is doing with the BB program. I look forward to BB season this year.

gchamblee

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 08, 2017, 01:20:18 pm
This seems doable from a gofundgov perspective. We should probably get an understanding from Guv on his desired billboard location.

from the posts i've read from guv, i understand that he is having some financial hardships due to taking care of a family member in poor health. if you made a gofundme to help him pay medical bills, i would actually contribute to that. i wouldn't want my name associated with billboards or banners though.

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

realistichog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 07, 2017, 08:04:46 pm
A lot of people didn't like the hire at the time, but he was hired and we got behind him because he was our coach. A lot of people didn't like that Bobby was fired, we accepted it because it was done and we had no recourse. Big deal that a few guys bitched and moaned about both instances.I told ya so doesn't make you a hero or Nostradamus. And it won't fix the mess we are in.
Great post. I was pissed when Petrino was fired but I sucked it up and tried to get behind coach B because at the end of the day I'm a hog fan.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hogfanmd on October 07, 2017, 07:57:43 pm
Not sure this is rock bottom.  I hope it is but never know.  May get worse before better

It will. We have yet to play Auburn and Alabama.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: realistichog on October 09, 2017, 09:23:37 am
Great post. I was pissed when Petrino was fired but I sucked it up and tried to get behind coach B because at the end of the day I'm a hog fan.
It's what we do as fans. Now we just need to get out of this mess. The sooner the better.