Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is everyone so mad? i warn you 5 years ago this might happen

Started by forrest city joe, October 07, 2017, 07:45:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: elksnort on October 07, 2017, 07:49:17 pm
Oh boy, can we send you two some cookies?

By the way Joe, I hope you are drunk, because your typing is horrible.
But yeah, this guy is a ** coach. Fire his azx

Why not fire him tomorrow? Seriously, what would it hurt?

forrest city joe

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 07, 2017, 08:08:50 pm

No they along with anyone else that thinks we should have kept CBP, look just as dumb as ever.

Where we are now does not change that fact. It is obvious that a change has to be made now but, when we fire CBB, if the next guy goes winless for two years in a row, will you look back and say it was a mistake to fire CBB ?

I won't , he has to go, whatever the next staff does will not change that fact.

The fact that so many are happy that we are this bad, and lost like this, says a lot about them sadly, and some will say you aren't happy but you are being dishonest .

Bull crap! nobody is happy the hogs are this pitiful.im pissed because we did this to ourselves.this did not have to happen to Arkansas football. CBP messed up.we all agreed on that. but we should have found a way to keep him.instead Long and his bosses fired him. and look at the program now.just pitiful.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 07, 2017, 08:12:25 pm
Yeah I think the neck brace and road face, was going to attract some attention,
This board gets dumber all the time.

The press conference could have been avoided and the situation handled completely different. Yeah, you're right. Stupid is rampant.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: GuvHog on October 07, 2017, 08:13:02 pm
No, I'm honest, I'm DEAD RIGHT, and I'll say it again:  Firing Bobby was an incredibly STUPID move. When Long did that, he destroyed the football program just as Joe said!

It doesn't matter how many times you say it, all you do is show your ignorance, the ones egging you on are laughing that any adult would think that!
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

forrest city joe

No, I'm honest, I'm DEAD RIGHT, and I'll say it again:  Firing Bobby was an incredibly STUPID move. When Long did that, he destroyed the football program just as Joe said!
Yep.my worst fears have come true.

seasonhog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 08:09:16 pm
Kind of tired of hearing that Bobby should not have been fired. The truth is this. If we were running things correctly, no one would have ever even known about that motorcycle accident. None of it. Should have been handled internally from the get go and never made it to the public and no controversy. Just another example of Long's incompetence.

They were money......that wanted BP fired.

Bobby was not great at PR....

GuvHog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 07, 2017, 08:15:28 pm

It doesn't matter how many times you say it, all you do is show your ignorance, the ones egging you on are laughing that any adult would think that!

Don't look now, but you and those that agree with you are the ones that are being laughed at. You're in a small minority.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:55:16 pm
Frank would have found a way to punish him and keep him.Long made himself look good ,but destroyed Arkansas football. it,s just pitiful.
now I do wish that had happened.  I wish they had found a way to significantly punish BP but keep him.  Maybe dock him $500K per year for a couple or 3 years but keep him. 

Its hard to find a great coach and its even harder to find one who can be successful in Fayetteville.   BP seemed to be on his way to doing that in just 4 years. 

But he's gone and isnt coming back, so we are left with this dumpster fire of a football team.  If we thought recruiting was bad before, just how in the H is BB going to convince top notch talent to come to Ark to be part of a 3-9 football team in 2017?   We are going to be getting 2 and 3 star recruits now. 

3kgthog

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 07, 2017, 07:53:09 pm
i knew bert was a loser before the first season started. Five years of watching him do nothing.  All those seasons wasted.  A win over Texas and Florida are the only bright spots.

Those two wins aren't even bright spots. Texas already changed coaches and UF will in the next 2-3 seasons.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:45:04 pm
I told everyone to be careful what you wish for.my fear of the program being destroyed has come true. Jeff Lomg has burn the football program to the ground.and it was Buried by the Gamecocks today.so for those of you who want to know who killed the football program.it was not just coach B. it was Jeff Long,and his bosses.the president of the U of A.and the Board of Trustees.they let this happen.and before any of you blame CBP.he's been gone going on 5 years now.and the program is destroyed.both Ling and coach B need to be fired.if i had any say,i would do it tonight.this is a disgrace.

Agree....JL has made some bad choices, but coaching on this team is horrible. No kicking game, OL is worst ever in recent years. Rush game is lost, those are always sure things in Arkansas.  Red zone is horrible, recruiting is below par. But at end of day, I think there are $15.4 million reasons CBB will be here again next year. I'm seeing only Coastal Carolina as only sure win, apathy is setting in and I'm afraid it's going to get real ugly. These are tough times for sure.

forrest city joe

Quote from: seasonhog on October 07, 2017, 08:17:11 pm

They were money......that wanted BP fired.

Bobby was not great at PR....
Welp look what money has now.i hope they are happy with having one of the worst football programs in the country.this crap makes the Nutt years look great.Nutt did better than this crap!

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Karma on October 07, 2017, 07:57:58 pm
1. You can't blame Long and Bielema for destroying the program, and not blame Easy Rider too. He killed us.
2. This message board is a written medium. Man, just take a 2nd to proofread before posting.
And it would have been, should have been, the perfect opportunity to reign that rascal Bobby in some.  Suspend him for a while, make him agree to be nicer to the big shots, stop shagging the hired help, that sort of thing.  Jeff Long didn't know it at the time, but he also started his own firing that day. 

It was all handled in a very amateurish manner, kinda like giving CBB such a crazy buyout. 

Long is to AD's what CBB is to coaching, neither one has a clue what they are doing.

I knew CBB would never work out his first season, when the team was walking down the hill into the stadium before a game, and Bret busted his big azz out of the clear blue on the sidewalk.  Flopped around on the ground like a beached whale.

seasonhog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 07, 2017, 08:19:13 pm
now I do wish that had happened.  I wish they had found a way to significantly punish BP but keep him.  Maybe dock him $500K per year for a couple or 3 years but keep him. 

Its hard to find a great coach and its even harder to find one who can be successful in Fayetteville.   BP seemed to be on his way to doing that in just 4 years. 

But he's gone and isnt coming back, so we are left with this dumpster fire of a football team.  If we thought recruiting was bad before, just how in the H is BB going to convince top notch talent to come to Ark to be part of a 3-9 football team in 2017?   We are going to be getting 2 and 3 star recruits now.

correct.......BP did not set this program back.....BB did that......it will take some time to right the ship.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 07, 2017, 08:20:54 pm
Those two wins aren't even bright spots. Texas already changed coaches and UF will in the next 2-3 seasons.

What about his wins over LSU, OLE MISS,  Auburn,  TCU,  Miss. State,   Missouri,  Kansas State,  Texas Tech?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

forrest city joe

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 07, 2017, 08:21:00 pm
Agree....JL has made some bad choices, but coaching on this team is horrible. No kicking game, OL is worst ever in recent years. Rush game is lost, those are always sure things in Arkansas.  Red zone is horrible, recruiting is below par. But at end of day, I think there are $15.4 million reasons CBB will be here again next year. I'm seeing only Coastal Carolina as only sure win, apathy is setting in and I'm afraid it's going to get real ugly. These are tough times for sure.
Long and coach B may very well be back.but they should not be back.both need to be fired.but i do not trust the people in change to do what is best for Razorback football.they are complicit in the mess the program is today.

jcbville

Quote from: GuvHog on October 07, 2017, 08:01:06 pm
Easy rider did wrong but terminating him was an incredibly STUPID move. There were other options of punishment.

Im going to let you in on a secret. Its a true secret. We werent keeping CBP even if JL told us he wanted to. Which he did up until a certain point FYI.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: jcbville on October 07, 2017, 08:28:53 pm
Im going to let you in on a secret. Its a true secret. We werent keeping CBP even if JL told us he wanted to. Which he did up until a certain point FYI.

These idiots that worship at the feet of BP will never accept that truth.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

bondhue

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

hog911

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 07, 2017, 08:12:25 pm
Yeah I think the neck brace and road face, was going to attract some attention,
This board gets dumber all the time.
Yep, try posting less!

BILLYBOB

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:50:26 pm
I was shouted down,and told Arkansas football would be just fine. the rest is history.this is now one of the worst FB programs in the country.we are that bad.it's just sad how bad the Hogs are.

No, you are remembering wrong. I argued with you a lot about the Petrino firing. My point was...and still is...a coach should both win games AND be a moral leader of young men. Bobby was a hell of a coach...but he had enormous moral failings that disqualified him from the position. Long made the right call in firing him. Bielema is exactly the oppoosite. He's a moral leader but he can't win. The hiring of Bielama is not working and it is time for a change. That doesn't mean Long shouldn't have fired Petrino. That was the right call.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

HognotinMemphis

FCJ did not go to college.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Athog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:45:04 pm
I told everyone to be careful what you wish for.my fear of the program being destroyed has come true. Jeff Lomg has burn the football program to the ground.and it was Buried by the Gamecocks today.so for those of you who want to know who killed the football program.it was not just coach B. it was Jeff Long,and his bosses.the president of the U of A.and the Board of Trustees.they let this happen.and before any of you blame CBP.he's been gone going on 5 years now.and the program is destroyed.both Ling and coach B need to be fired.if i had any say,i would do it tonight.this is a disgrace.

Is he not the same guy who brought Mike Anderson back?

Seebs

The fact CBB's coaching caused FCJ to crawl out from his slimy rock is reason enough to can them all.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

GuvHog

Quote from: BILLYBOB on October 07, 2017, 09:13:30 pm
No, you are remembering wrong. I argued with you a lot about the Petrino firing. My point was...and still is...a coach should both win games AND be a moral leader of young men. Bobby was a hell of a coach...but he had enormous moral failings that disqualified him from the position. Long made the right call in firing him. Bielema is exactly the oppoosite. He's a moral leader but he can't win. The hiring of Bielama is not working and it is time for a change. That doesn't mean Long shouldn't have fired Petrino. That was the right call.

No, it was an incredibly STUPID call. Time to bring Bobby home!

GuvHog

Quote from: Athog on October 07, 2017, 09:15:20 pm

He was force fed Mike Anderson like a Baby in a high chair.

Beaverfever

Quote from: GuvHog on October 07, 2017, 09:19:18 pm
He was force fed Mike Anderson like a Baby in a high chair.
And MA was an average hire anyways.  Nothing to headline your resume with. 

The OTR

Quote from: Ward on October 07, 2017, 10:01:00 pm
Pillowweed Slogo and his insesant weather hexes do not help Joe. I'm being serious right now

Maybe.  But right now there were three people who said from day one that CBB wasn't the right guy.  Guv, Joe, and me.  And I'm not here looking for an apology from anyone.  If anyone wants to apologize then apologize to Joe and Guv.  I don't even feel worthy to be lumped in with them really but it is what it is.  I'm humble about it and really I think the last thing Joe or guv wants are a bunch of pats on the backs for being right when in truth all three of us wish we had been wrong. 

Lots of folks claiming to have said the same thing that truthfully were late to the party on this one. 

We're gonna get killed next week regardless of the weather so you're not going to have pillowhead jackson to kick around next Saturday as far as that goes.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 08:15:07 pm
The press conference could have been avoided and the situation handled completely different. Yeah, you're right. Stupid is rampant.
The press conference could have been avoided...? Really?  Like the press conference about the accident would have been the only time that coach would have been seen and questioned by the media or anyone else? ???
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 07, 2017, 11:49:29 pm
The press conference could have been avoided...? Really?  Like the press conference about the accident would have been the only time that coach would have been seen and questioned by the media or anyone else? ???

Heck yes. They could have just said he was in an accident and was recovering. He didn't need to be there. There didn't need to be an interview or press conference. Its called keep your mouth shut and keeping to your talking points when asked. Long should have been all over that darn and prevented the mess that occurred. Unless BP broke some laws, the whole thing should have been handled internally with no bad press. It would have gone away. It was incompetence that let it get out of control because it could have been prevented. Then you don't get put into a position of having to terminate to begin with.

I promise you that crap happens every day, all over the country, that would embarrass the heck out of a lot of organizations. That crap doesn't get out because the people in charge have a plan on how to properly deal with the inevitable.

High schools in NWA have done a better job with worse scandals and recently.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 08, 2017, 12:03:33 am
Heck yes. They could have just said he was in an accident and was recovering. He didn't need to be there. There didn't need to be an interview or press conference. Its called keep your mouth shut and keeping to your talking points when asked. Long should have been all over that darn and prevented the mess that occurred. Unless BP broke some laws, the whole thing should have been handled internally with no bad press. It would have gone away. It was incompetence that let it get out of control because it could have been prevented. Then you don't get put into a position of having to terminate to begin with.

I promise you that crap happens every day, all over the country, that would embarrass the heck out of a lot of organizations. That crap doesn't get out because the people in charge have a plan on how to properly deal with the inevitable.
Yeah, but dude.  This is ARKANSAS.  No secrets here.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 08, 2017, 12:09:49 am
Yeah, but dude.  This is ARKANSAS.  No secrets here.

More has gone down than most of us know. Better to keep the secrets floating around as gossip.  ;)

AflacHawg

You damn straight and thats why Long couldn't hire a good football coach because the good and smart ones knew that Long would not have their back. There are more than a fair share that do like to get a little chicken on the side from time to time.

la20688

He gets his point across! So I could give a damn with how his typing skills are.

Letsroll1200

Jeff Long is not at fault for Bret B struggles as a coach. Long like 75% of Razorbacks fans failed for Bret's coach speak and his record at Wisconsin.

If ego and talking produced on the field Arkansas would be a top 5 program every year. Bret should resign. It's over!! Long just got caught up with Bret like most of the posters on hogville.

The Kig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 07:49:34 pm
Joe I do remember you trying to tell us that we shouldn't fire Bobby. There's a lot of folks in here to criticized you unfairly for what you said a few thousand times.  A few of them need to line up in single file and offer an apology to you right here tonight.

You were right.  Jeff Hogfantrix Anderson was right. A lot of folks were wrong. I will be the first to apologize. I thought CBB just the kind of quirky off the wall kind of coach we needed.  I was wrong.

It wasn't wrong to fire that disgusting meat sack, but hiring the wrong guy to replace him was. 
Poker Porker

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 07:49:34 pm
Joe I do remember you trying to tell us that we shouldn't fire Bobby. There's a lot of folks in here to criticized you unfairly for what you said a few thousand times.  A few of them need to line up in single file and offer an apology to you right here tonight.

You were right.  Jeff Hogfantrix Anderson was right. A lot of folks were wrong. I will be the first to apologize. I thought CBB just the kind of quirky off the wall kind of coach we needed.  I was wrong.

Pillowhead, I recall you being the first person on the scene to warn of us of what the future holds. Joe and Guv came to the party late as usual that day but you were the first if I remember correctly. Three people tried to tell us..folks....joe, Guv, and Pillowhead Jackson.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Youngsta71701

Yeah, anyway you spin it getting manhandled by South Carolina is not a good look.
:puke: :puke: :puke:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 08, 2017, 08:13:34 am
Pillowhead, I recall you being the first person on the scene to warn of us of what the future holds. Joe and Guv came to the party late as usual that day but you were the first if I remember correctly. Three people tried to tell us..folks....joe, Guv, and Pillowhead Jackson.

That's true.  The last thing we need to do is put the three of us up on some kind of dadgum pedestal at this point.  But I can't help but say that I can't think of three people who have been criticized for more than the three of us but it's vindication day I suppose.

I'd rather low key it. Let Hogville have a parade for Joe and Guv riding atop a hogville float. I'll be content to sit under a shade tree sipping iced tea and watch those two get all the glory. I never wanted the accolades and certainly it's a little embarrassing to me at this point to be getting the acknowledgement.  Three amigos...which includes one who is very reluctant...me.

But here's something to think about...There are a few people here, who shall remain nameless, who said CBB was the one....they said he was the guy who was going to turn it around and they did most of the mallet to the head stuff to me, Joe, and Guv.  Perhaps if they were now called out by name and were charged with leading the fundraising efforts for the buyout it might teach them a lesson...I'm talking about car washes, bake sales, midget wrestling events at rodeo grounds, maybe even taking up a collection at high school football games at area schools, panhandling if necessary. I don't want to mention the three who I'm thinking of by name but their initials are ricepig, ponderinhog, and jackrabbithog.  Funny how two of these three are in northeast AR and Memphis.  It's poetic justice that NEA and Memphis foot a big part of that bill since we have had to deal with CBB up here and try to make him feel at home and fund his lobster cravings and jelly sandwich nonsense while you boys over in the delta sleep on mattresses filled with hundred dollar bills and beat up on me and Joe and Guv like it's a job every day. 

These three whipped the fan base into a frenzy about how great CBB was.  Now it's dues day. 

I haven't spoken directly to Joe and Guv about this. We can talk about details at our parade.  But in the meantime I think the three eggheads I mentioned needs to put their noggins together and start thinking about how they're going to raise 15.4 million at least by the Sunday after the Auburn game.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 08, 2017, 08:59:11 am
That's true.  The last thing we need to do is put the three of us up on some kind of dadgum pedestal at this point.  But I can't help but say that I can't think of three people who have been criticized for more than the three of us but it's vindication day I suppose.

I'd rather low key it. Let Hogville have a parade for Joe and Guv riding atop a hogville float. I'll be content to sit under a shade tree sipping iced tea and watch those two get all the glory. I never wanted the accolades and certainly it's a little embarrassing to me at this point to be getting the acknowledgement.  Three amigos...which includes one who is very reluctant...me.

But here's something to think about...There are a few people here, who shall remain nameless, who said CBB was the one....they said he was the guy who was going to turn it around and they did most of the mallet to the head stuff to me, Joe, and Guv.  Perhaps if they were now called out by name and were charged with leading the fundraising efforts for the buyout it might teach them a lesson...I'm talking about car washes, bake sales, midget wrestling events at rodeo grounds, maybe even taking up a collection at high school football games at area schools, panhandling if necessary. I don't want to mention the three who I'm thinking of by name but their initials are ricepig, ponderinhog, and jackrabbithog.  Funny how two of these three are in northeast AR and Memphis.  It's poetic justice that NEA and Memphis foot a big part of that bill since we have had to deal with CBB up here and try to make him feel at home and fund his lobster cravings and jelly sandwich nonsense while you boys over in the delta sleep on mattresses filled with hundred dollar bills and beat up on me and Joe and Guv like it's a job every day. 

These three whipped the fan base into a frenzy about how great CBB was.  Now it's dues day. 

I haven't spoken directly to Joe and Guv about this. We can talk about details at our parade.  But in the meantime I think the three eggheads I mentioned needs to put their noggins together and start thinking about how they're going to raise 15.4 million at least by the Sunday after the Auburn game.

Well said., Pillowhead. Words of wisdom at their best, from a standup guy. I think fcj and Guv owe the entire fanbase an apology for not campaigning more strongly about their disdain for CBB after the tides turned. Either that or they should fund the next round of banners that should fly for the Auburn game. It's only the right thing to do instead of grandstanding now about how they were 2nd and 3rd folks here to say this was coming.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

gchamblee

High schools in NWA have done a better job with worse scandals and recently.

The problem with Arkansas sucking so bad right now is posts like this. The stupid have been emboldened and feel that every one of the crackpot theories has merit. Dark times indeed.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 08, 2017, 09:54:05 am
The problem with Arkansas sucking so bad right now is posts like this. The stupid have been emboldened and feel that every one of the crackpot theories has merit. Dark times indeed.

You are very full of yourself. Nothing more.

gchamblee

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 08, 2017, 09:55:30 am
You are very full of yourself. Nothing more.

i'm not the one sitting here claiming that nwa high schools are dripping with scandal and just good at covering it up. I'm not the one pretending that CBP wasn't told not to have a press conference and then had one anyway. Im not the one pretending that ADJL could have covered up a scandal that CBP involved the ASP in.

I'm not full of myself, I am just laughing at you. We suck and that makes you feel justified in pulling your pants down around your ankles and doing the duck walk. Hey keep doing it. When the people in charge start fixing this situation and the truth comes out about everything, we can always come back to your hair brained accusations and paranoid ramblings for a good laugh.

LOL at your suggestion that NWA High Schools go through bigger scandals than CBP on a daily basis. Dude, that is hilarious.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 08:09:16 pm
Kind of tired of hearing that Bobby should not have been fired. The truth is this. If we were running things correctly, no one would have ever even known about that motorcycle accident. None of it. Should have been handled internally from the get go and never made it to the public and no controversy. Just another example of Long's incompetence.

Coach broyles was a pro in this front.  So was OU when Switzer was there.  He made BP look like a virgin choir boy. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

forrest city joe

Quote from: Athog on October 07, 2017, 09:15:20 pm
Mike Anderson has nothing to do with Long destroying the football program.one good hire does not make up for him killing the football program.Long should be fired for what he has done to football.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 10:19:07 pm
Maybe.  But right now there were three people who said from day one that CBB wasn't the right guy.  Guv, Joe, and me.  And I'm not here looking for an apology from anyone.  If anyone wants to apologize then apologize to Joe and Guv.  I don't even feel worthy to be lumped in with them really but it is what it is.  I'm humble about it and really I think the last thing Joe or guv wants are a bunch of pats on the backs for being right when in truth all three of us wish we had been wrong. 

Lots of folks claiming to have said the same thing that truthfully were late to the party on this one. 

We're gonna get killed next week regardless of the weather so you're not going to have pillowhead jackson to kick around next Saturday as far as that goes.

BigBadHog was the most vocal of all
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 08, 2017, 10:02:34 am
i'm not the one sitting here claiming that nwa high schools are dripping with scandal and just good at covering it up. I'm not the one pretending that CBP wasn't told not to have a press conference and then had one anyway. Im not the one pretending that ADJL could have covered up a scandal that CBP involved the ASP in.

I'm not full of myself, I am just laughing at you. We suck and that makes you feel justified in pulling your pants down around your ankles and doing the duck walk. Hey keep doing it. When the people in charge start fixing this situation and the truth comes out about everything, we can always come back to your hair brained accusations and paranoid ramblings for a good laugh.

LOL at your suggestion that NWA High Schools go through bigger scandals than CBP on a daily basis. Dude, that is hilarious.

You have no idea who I am and what I know. Your assumptions make you a fool because you apparently can't accept that there is a possibility someone can know something you haven't heard about. I could easily name at least 3 different sex scandals in NWA high schools the last few years but won't do it. And I never said the NWA scandals happen on a daily basis. I said crap happens all over the country and that there are people in place that know how to deal with it. Laugh all you want. It's just ignorance.

You twist words in a poor attempt to massage your ego. Its pathetic really. Definitely full of yourself. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 08, 2017, 10:10:14 am
BigBadHog was the most vocal of all

He was maybe 23rd at best to say CBB wouldn't work here.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on October 08, 2017, 10:06:59 am
I'm still supporting CBB for at least a couple more weeks.

And if you're going to be that way, I'm calling your bluff. If Bret has to go, so does Mike. That's being consistent and fair.

Solid post. Consistent and fair. Now, who does fcj and GUV need to make their checks out to for the banners?

buffaload

A couple of things need to be pointed out.  First, hiring CBB was based on his record.  There's a sad truth that everyone overlooks.  When he was at Wisconsin, he had better players and talent than he has in Fayetteville.  Physically, year in and year out, the Hogs are on a par with the Badgers.  But, when it comes to speed and athleticism, Wisconsin has it over Arkansas.  There is something that keeps us from getting top  notch talent at Arkansas.  It's not just close by high school talent.  There are reasons why good Texas athletes choose Oklahoma over Arkansas.  Someone smarter than me needs to figure out why.  The other point is this.  Bobby Petrino had to go.  He thought he was bigger than the program.  I'm still furious with most in the Arkansas media that knew how much he terrorized the athletic department but never reported it.  The reason was that they knew that Petrino was a miserable, vindictive human being and they knew they would never have access in the future if they told the truth.  I think we can all agree that college football is big business these days.  In a big business, when the CEO embarrasses the company they're usually gone before too long.  I still think Bielema will get it done and will get it done in the right way.  We had a couple of players that missed the South Carolina game for either disciplinary or academic reasons.  Bielema at least tries to instill character in these kids.  Go Hogs.