Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is everyone so mad? i warn you 5 years ago this might happen

Started by forrest city joe, October 07, 2017, 07:45:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on October 08, 2017, 10:37:42 am
I hate that any of this is happening, but if we do have to make a move, I hope it's Craig Bohl at Wyoming

he's a program builder

They played one hell of a great first half against Iowa in the season opener

Wouldn't mind this. Wouldn't mind seeing Dave Christiansen on the staff either.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Ward on October 08, 2017, 10:06:59 am
I'm still supporting CBB for at least a couple more weeks.

And if you're going to be that way, I'm calling your bluff. If Bret has to go, so does Mike. That's being consistent and fair.

Please explain why mike has to go because Beliema sucks? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

texhog22

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 07:49:34 pm
Joe I do remember you trying to tell us that we shouldn't fire Bobby. There's a lot of folks in here to criticized you unfairly for what you said a few thousand times.  A few of them need to line up in single file and offer an apology to you right here tonight.

You were right.  Jeff Hogfantrix Anderson was right. A lot of folks were wrong. I will be the first to apologize. I thought CBB just the kind of quirky off the wall kind of coach we needed.  I was wrong.
yep

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 08, 2017, 10:39:22 am
Please explain why mike has to go because Beliema sucks? 

What has fcj offered that isn't hypocritical? Seems to me both CBB and cma have delivered similar underperforming results.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

gchamblee

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 08, 2017, 10:21:09 am
You have no idea who I am and what I know. Your assumptions make you a fool because you apparently can't accept that there is a possibility someone can know something you haven't heard about. I could easily name at least 3 different sex scandals in NWA high schools the last few years but won't do it. And I never said the NWA scandals happen on a daily basis. I said crap happens all over the country and that there are people in place that know how to deal with it. Laugh all you want. It's just ignorance.

You twist words in a poor attempt to massage your ego. Its pathetic really. Definitely full of yourself.

So these sex scandals in NWA, did anyone call a press conference to discuss them and did they get their buddy at the Arkansas State Police to get involved? I'm just curious because there are things that can be done to make covering a scandal up incredibly difficult.... and Bobby did them all.

texhog22

Quote from: buffaload on October 08, 2017, 10:34:10 am
A couple of things need to be pointed out.  First, hiring CBB was based on his record.  There's a sad truth that everyone overlooks.  When he was at Wisconsin, he had better players and talent than he has in Fayetteville.  Physically, year in and year out, the Hogs are on a par with the Badgers.  But, when it comes to speed and athleticism, Wisconsin has it over Arkansas.  There is something that keeps us from getting top  notch talent at Arkansas.  It's not just close by high school talent.  There are reasons why good Texas athletes choose Oklahoma over Arkansas.  Someone smarter than me needs to figure out why.  The other point is this.  Bobby Petrino had to go.  He thought he was bigger than the program.  I'm still furious with most in the Arkansas media that knew how much he terrorized the athletic department but never reported it.  The reason was that they knew that Petrino was a miserable, vindictive human being and they knew they would never have access in the future if they told the truth.  I think we can all agree that college football is big business these days.  In a big business, when the CEO embarrasses the company they're usually gone before too long.  I still think Bielema will get it done and will get it done in the right way.  We had a couple of players that missed the South Carolina game for either disciplinary or academic reasons.  Bielema at least tries to instill character in these kids.  Go Hogs.
I call BS

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 08, 2017, 10:49:43 am
Why do we have a thread discussing CBP?  Folks, it happened, it's over!  That ship has sailed and CBP is NEVER coming back to UA!  JL isn't going anywhere either unless he takes a more prestigious job so get used to those two facts!  Look at programs all over the country that has replaced coaches in the last five years and see how many are on the hot seat at the exact same schools.  Folks, hiring a coach is not an art, it's a 50/50 proposition period.  The bottom line for me is stepping up, sucking it up, admitting it's not working, and fire a failure of a coach.  Now if BB is still here after January 2, 2018, then I will be calling for JLs head because nobody can justify keeping this joke of a head coach!

So, do we fly the banners for the Auburn game or wait for Coastal, MSU, or Mizzou?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 08, 2017, 10:54:02 am
I know you didn't just post this!  If you still think BB has a snowball's change in hell of doing anything but lose, call me, I have a can't miss business deal for you!  Did you not watch that game?  This team is absolutely pitiful and that falls at BB's feet!

You seem like a pro-banners guy. Another one on the bandwagon.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Ward on October 08, 2017, 10:06:59 am
I'm still supporting CBB for at least a couple more weeks.

And if you're going to be that way, I'm calling your bluff. If Bret has to go, so does Mike. That's being consistent and fair.
Are you freaking kidding me! Mike Anderson has the basketball program on the up swing.came with in a refs call of going to the sweet 16. won 26 and 27 games in 2 of the last 3 years.recruiting is going good. while football is a mess.may be the worst program in the SEC. try again.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 08, 2017, 10:41:32 am
So these sex scandals in NWA, did anyone call a press conference to discuss them and did they get their buddy at the Arkansas State Police to get involved? I'm just curious because there are things that can be done to make covering a scandal up incredibly difficult.... and Bobby did them all.

No. They did not and I do agree with you on that aspect. Petrino was his own worst enemy in doing those things.  If Long is managing the crisis properly, he doesn't give an out of control coach the chance to make things worse. He should have been telling Petrino when he could go to the bathroom at that point.

My argument was that Long needed to manage that situation better than he did. Had he done that, don't you think there's a possibility that Petrino doesn't screw the pooch? He left Long with few choices after all that, but I don't think it had to get to that point. It was a political disaster that could have been mitigated.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 08, 2017, 10:41:13 am
What has fcj offered that isn't hypocritical? Seems to me both CBB and cma have delivered similar underperforming results.

I don't care about fcj.  I am seeing improvement with the basketball program while I am seeing incompetents in the football program.   Basketball program in the last 15 years has been a joke and is now starting to become a respectable program again.  2 out of our last 3 years we have made the tournament and put up 27 and 26 wins.   Our basketball program is on an upswing as for our football program it is going on a down swing.  Finishing last year strong and almost beating the eventual champions in basketball is far better than seeing our football program lose a 24 point lead in the halftime of our bowl game last year just to follow it up with crap performances against TCU Texas A&M and now South Carolina while looking at probably a 5-7 maybe 6-6 joke of a football program. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Shrevepork

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:45:04 pm
I told everyone to be careful what you wish for.my fear of the program being destroyed has come true. Jeff Lomg has burn the football program to the ground.and it was Buried by the Gamecocks today.so for those of you who want to know who killed the football program.it was not just coach B. it was Jeff Long,and his bosses.the president of the U of A.and the Board of Trustees.they let this happen.and before any of you blame CBP.he's been gone going on 5 years now.and the program is destroyed.both Ling and coach B need to be fired.if i had any say,i would do it tonight.this is a disgrace.

Wow, you're good. Can you tell us what the market is going to do in the next 6 months,especially Amazon and Microsoft?

hogsanity

I told everyone to be careful what you wish for.my fear of the program being destroyed has come true. Jeff Lomg has burn the football program to the ground.and it was Buried by the Gamecocks today.so for those of you who want to know who killed the football program.it was not just coach B. it was Jeff Long,and his bosses.the president of the U of A.and the Board of Trustees.they let this happen.and before any of you blame CBP.he's been gone going on 5 years now.and the program is destroyed.both Ling and coach B need to be fired.if i had any say,i would do it tonight.this is a disgrace.

you wanted Pelphrey signed to a long term deal too because Kentucky was going to come steal him away, so..............if you throw enough crap something will stick at some point.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jek Tono Porkins

A drunk monkey could make a prediction about any football coach at any given point in his career and be right half the the time.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

GuvHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 08, 2017, 10:58:07 am
You seem like a pro-banners guy. Another one on the bandwagon.

I don't know about banners but I do know there is an organization forming to put up Billboards all across the state including one above each end of the Hopper Tunnel on I-540.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HoggyCat

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:50:26 pm
I was shouted down,and told Arkansas football would be just fine. the rest is history.this is now one of the worst FB programs in the country.we are that bad.it's just sad how bad the Hogs are.

Me too bro, me too.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 08, 2017, 12:40:46 pm
I don't know about banners but I do know there is an organization forming to put up Billboards all across the state including one above each end of the Hopper Tunnel on I-540.

Hahaha. Things are bad that this mad me laugh so hard.

As always, thanks Guv
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: GuvHog on October 08, 2017, 12:40:46 pm

This is a good start. You'll keep us informed hopefully around the progress of this endeavor. Do you know if we'll be seeing an "encircling the state" strategy utilized, beginning with the major border area interstates or more of a "start in the middle" (I.e. Little Rock area) and then work outward kind of strategy?

Additionally, would a blimp and banner be more environmentally sustainable than a plane?

GuvHog

I don't know. I was asked by a friend to join the group but could not financially afford to do so.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 08, 2017, 12:53:51 pm
I don't know. I was asked by a friend to join the group but could not financially afford to do so.

What was the buy in?

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Boardon Hamsay

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteForrest City Joe Quote: Bull crap! nobody is happy the hogs are this pitiful.im pissed because we did this to ourselves.this did not have to happen to Arkansas football. CBP messed up.we all agreed on that. but we should have found a way to keep him.instead Long and his bosses fired him. and look at the program now.just pitiful.

Another Forrest City Joe quote from 4-12-2012:
Quote« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »
ReplyQuote
After what has come out in the last few days, i think Bobby had to go too. i can not and will not defend what has gone on here. my problem is with people saying all is well and we are going to be just fine. are you kidding me. we have not been fine in football since Kenny Hatfield was run off. you just don't lose a once in a lifetime  coach and be fine. we are in trouble again in football. people can fool themselves all they want too. that's all im saying. i agree that after what has come out that Bobby had to go.so now we go back to being what we have been the last 30 or 40 years.

Hard to be wrong when you have quotes stating Bobby should never have been fired and quotes stating Bobby had to be fired.  :D

I could probably find opposing quotes from myself on it.   Initially I didn't want him fired, I remember that much, and took a lot of flak on it, but later I wore down and decided it "had to be done", just like FCJ.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

rhames

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on October 08, 2017, 12:55:44 pm

What was the buy in?

He didn't say. I told him I couldn't afford it no matter how much it is.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 08, 2017, 01:13:40 pm
He didn't say. I told him I couldn't afford it no matter how much it is.

Even if it was a dollar? These high rollers Guv? We need more information. They illuminati??

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 08:09:16 pm
Kind of tired of hearing that Bobby should not have been fired. The truth is this. If we were running things correctly, no one would have ever even known about that motorcycle accident. None of it. Should have been handled internally from the get go and never made it to the public and no controversy. Just another example of Long's incompetence.
You have an AMEN, BROTHER from this corner. Imagine Alabama or LSU or Auburn or Tenner or any other SEC school holding a public kangaroo court with one of the best coaches that University ever had. Long was so stupid, the way he handled this. All he had to do was sweep it under the rug a few days and no one would have given a rat's ass a month later. But no, Jeffie has to be the third grader who sits right in front of the teacher and tells on everyone he see's getting an answer off of the smart girl's test paper. We have an AD who killed the program just so he could appear the hero.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on October 08, 2017, 01:17:53 pm

$20

This seems doable from a gofundgov perspective. We should probably get an understanding from Guv on his desired billboard location.

logic

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 07, 2017, 07:55:16 pm
Frank would have found a way to punish him and keep him.Long made himself look good ,but destroyed Arkansas football. it,s just pitiful.
That is my opinion too. I was very displeased over firing BP, but I don't have all the facts.  Long could have waited to see what facts were revealed and, otherwise handled it internally.  If in fact, he did hire his girlfriend, BP could have been punished by requiring him to reimburse the full amount she was paid. Of course since she only earned about 1% of his salary, that wouldn't have been much to him.  However, it would have solved the primary complaint that some fans have expressed.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: logic on October 08, 2017, 01:28:51 pm
That is my opinion too. I was very displeased over firing BP, but I don't have all the facts.  Long could have waited to see what facts were revealed and, otherwise handled it internally.  If in fact, he did hire his girlfriend, BP could have been punished by requiring him to reimburse the full amount she was paid. Of course since she only earned about 1% of his salary, that wouldn't have been much to him.  However, it would have solved the primary complaint that some fans have expressed.

Florida covered for urban Meyer

We don't know how the game is played

Btw this thread is just CRAZY

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: logic on October 08, 2017, 01:28:51 pm

If BP had accepted punishment. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

EulessHog

I can't count the number of times my posts have hit the trash. I think we need a new forum that accurately reflects the sentiments of fans.  HV aint getting it done!

Wait, keep HV for the BB lovers.  Give us the ANTI-HV.
Go Hogs Go!

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 10:19:07 pm
Maybe.  But right now there were three people who said from day one that CBB wasn't the right guy.  Guv, Joe, and me.

You might be overlooking a few people.  I've been banned for pointing out that we have two people running our football program... Long and Bielema...who understand about as much about what it takes to win at Arkansas as a golden retriever knows about flying the space shuttle. 

HognitiveDissonance

You are far from the only one.
My comment was a wager of $1000 to anyone who thought we would finish in the Top 5 within CBB's first 4 years, as Petrino did.
Oddly...no one took me up on it. There were a lot of people crowing about Petrino was 'lucky', 'smoke and mirrors', 'no defense', 'CBB is going to build it the RIGHT way', blah blah blah.
The point being, I knew how good Petrino was, how hard this job is, and we were about to take a step backwards.
I actually thought we were going back to Nutt levels of success. And I'm not a Nutt hater, that was a good era of Ark football in my opinion.
But I owe Nutt an apology; we are not equaling Nutt levels of success under Bret. Not as good a coach, Nutt is a step ahead of CBB, mainly because he had outstanding motivational skills. Bret doesn't have those either.

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 08, 2017, 02:47:31 pm
If BP had accepted punishment. 

He would have if he'd had the chance. Once he cracked that "Monk" joke, Long's mind was made up and he ordered BP out of his office before BP could accept the punishment that was offered. Heck, BP even tried to call Long and accept but Long wouldn't even take his call. Long simply lost his temper, blew his cool, and ruined the Razorback football program.

HognitiveDissonance

By the way, I love CBB and Jeff Long. I think they're first-class guys who truly try to do things the right way.

These are professional judgments. Long's CBB buyout is a huge fiasco. And his coaching hire decisions are not very good. Average at best.

CBB is simply not getting it done.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on October 08, 2017, 01:04:22 pm

Another Forrest City Joe quote from 4-12-2012:

Hard to be wrong when you have quotes stating Bobby should never have been fired and quotes stating Bobby had to be fired.  :D

I could probably find opposing quotes from myself on it.   Initially I didn't want him fired, I remember that much, and took a lot of flak on it, but later I wore down and decided it "had to be done", just like FCJ.
Yes o posted that after i had been posting the fact that CBP should have been suspended and not fired.igot on board and wanted to believe the spin some Long folks were putting on the firing.but i stated in that post that you don't fire a great coach and just move on.everything will not be fine.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 08, 2017, 10:59:46 am
Are you freaking kidding me! Mike Anderson has the basketball program on the up swing.came with in a refs call of going to the sweet 16. won 26 and 27 games in 2 of the last 3 years.recruiting is going good. while football is a mess.may be the worst program in the SEC. try again.
Short term: CMA has people feeling good, after the finish to 2017.
Long term: 2 NCAAs in 6 years is not that good.
It all depends on how you look at it.

So the answer lies in what happens after this. No one is screaming for his head right now. Put together another NCAA team in 2018 and some equity will begin to build up.

moses_007

Forrest City Joe, you don't seem mad at all, and you usually come in here mad as a wet hen when Arkansas gets beaten badly.  You must have just accepted losing as a way of life for this program.

GuvHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 08, 2017, 03:33:33 pm
Short term: CMA has people feeling good, after the finish to 2017.
Long term: 2 NCAAs in 6 years is not that good.
It all depends on how you look at it.

So the answer lies in what happens after this. No one is screaming for his head right now. Put together another NCAA team in 2018 and some equity will begin to build up.

Yeah, 2 NCAA trips in 6 years doesn't look so good when one looks at what happened the year between those trips. That was a bad year that will haunt Mike for a while. I agree though, if they return to the NCAA this year and win 2 games, that bad year will b a distant memory.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on October 08, 2017, 03:38:47 pm
Yeah, 2 NCAA trips in 6 years doesn't look so good when one looks at what happened the year between those trips. That was a bad year that will haunt Mike for a while. I agree though, if they return to the NCAA this year and win 2 games, that bad year will b a distant memory.
That bad year you speak of was caused when Portis and Qualls left real late in the process.Mike did not expect either to leave.and look how he rebounded the year after.would have beat UNC the national camps if not for the refs.there is no comparison to where the football program is.NONE!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 08, 2017, 03:47:12 pm
That bad year you speak of was caused when Portis and Qualls left real late in the process.Mike did not expect either to leave.and look how he rebounded the year after.would have beat UNC the national camps if not for the refs.there is no comparison to where the football program is.NONE!
Players leave all the time, it's a fact of life.
By that logic, CBB was hamstrung by the unexpected early departures of Hunter Henry and Alex Collins to the NFL, which led to a dropoff in 2016.

Refs make calls all the time, good and bad. It's a fact of life.
By the same logic, CBB can whine it was a hose job by the refs on Kamren Curl's pass INT call late in the A&M game, else we would have won.

Stop whining about the officiating!

All the above rationalizations are ludicrous. At the end of the day, as CBB is fond of saying, 'you are what your record says you are'. No excuses.

cj_sez

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on October 07, 2017, 07:46:38 pm
I called it as well.  JLS was a clown and BB is a clown.

Clowns are at least funny and entertaining. BB is more like a booby prize Long thought was a trophy.

The OTR

Quote from: Ward on October 08, 2017, 03:28:15 pm
I believe you Joe. I dont' agree with everything you say, but I'm with you on this

plus, don't necessarily trust that Pillowhead Jackson guy sidling up with you on this fire Bolema stuff. I used to read alot here before I joined, and I remember you and Guv leading the charge, but I don't remember ONE DAMN POSt from pillowhead wanting Boilema gone.

I know you don't care who gets the credit, I'm just saying

Old timers remember.  Me, Joe, Guv.  The triumvirate.   Everyone thinks we're not deep thinkers.  We outsmarted all of you.  That much I can assure you. 

You have 223 posts and have shown little to no in depth analysis of anything.  You ought to change your name to hindsight.  You always see clearly what someone should have said or predicted after the fact. 

Go back and look in the hogville history books, sonny.  You may learn a lot reading what guv, Joe, and p. Jackson have said over the years about coaches, athletic directors, and other members of hogville.

I've said many times that they ought to rename mmqb guv's place and jump ball joe's place...and the trash pillowhead's place.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 08, 2017, 03:59:56 pm
Players leave all the time, it's a fact of life.
By that logic, CBB was hamstrung by the unexpected early departures of Hunter Henry and Alex Collins to the NFL, which led to a dropoff in 2016.

Refs make calls all the time, good and bad. It's a fact of life.
By the same logic, CBB can whine it was a hose job by the refs on Kamren Curl's pass INT call late in the A&M game, else we would have won.

Stop whining about the officiating!

All the above rationalizations are ludicrous. At the end of the day, as CBB is fond of saying, 'you are what your record says you are'. No excuses.

Not only did Portis and Qualls leave early, Jacorey and Anton got into trouble. Arkansas would have made the tournament with Jacorey and Anton but Mike got some bad luck that season.

The basketball program is miles ahead of football.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 08, 2017, 03:47:12 pm

So, are you going to jump on the banner or the billboard bandwagon? Just looking to ensure things are properly organized. It's times like this that I miss ol' a Rev. Sure he was drankin by 5:30 am but he was still organizationally pretty spry and always had one hand in the kollection plate for endeavors like this.

zuko

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on October 07, 2017, 07:46:38 pm
I called it as well.  JLS was a clown and BB is a clown.
Can we have an Amen! All that Jeff Long hired was a good eater.

hogsanity

Quote from: moses_007 on October 08, 2017, 03:35:56 pm
Forrest City Joe, you don't seem mad at all, and you usually come in here mad as a wet hen when Arkansas gets beaten badly.  You must have just accepted losing as a way of life for this program.

it makes 2 ncaat appearances in 6 seasons easier to swallow.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on October 08, 2017, 07:52:13 pm
it makes 2 ncaat appearances in 6 seasons easier to swallow.

2 in the last 3 teams. Mike followed Pelphrey and Bret followed Petrino. One coach followed a top 10 program.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 08, 2017, 04:12:07 pm
Not only did Portis and Qualls leave early, Jacorey and Anton got into trouble. Arkansas would have made the tournament with Jacorey and Anton but Mike got some bad luck that season.

The basketball program is miles ahead of football.
You are what your record says you are. In 2015, the Hogs were a .500 program. 16-16
Top programs have guys leave early almost every year, but they just reload and keep going.
Besides, it was the CMA apologists bragging about what a clean program he was running, then (cough) that counterfeiting thing happened,  and Jacorey thing, and whatever.
Enough with the excuses and apologies.
Ironically, CMA is the last guy in the world to make excuses. But he certainly has enough people doing it for him on the message boards.

Another thing...the basketball program SHOULD be ahead of the football program at the UA. It's an easier path to success in this league. (note, I didn't say EASY, I said EASIER...it's all relative). This is nothing new with me, I've felt this way for 35 years. It's the same reason Kansas can be a basketball power, but struggles in football. Numbers.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 08, 2017, 07:56:42 pm
2 in the last 3 teams. Mike followed Pelphrey and Bret followed Petrino. One coach followed a top 10 program.
More excuses from the Nolan/Mike apology camp. It's still 2 of 6. Depends on how you spin it. 2 of the last 3, or 2 of 6?
If momentum from last year continues, no one will care about 2 of 6. It all hinges what happens going forward.
CBB followed John L. Smith, not Petrino. Which made quite a bit of difference, that one year.
Me, I think he inherited a bad situation....but still hasn't done much with it, with plenty of time. Both statements are true.
I never cease to be amazed at the mike crowd are hyper-quick to criticize football, yet tap dance at any questioning of CMA. Just use the same standard of criticism, people. I do.