Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

68 degree wedge

Started by GolfNut57, June 19, 2017, 08:01:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Anyone here ever hit one? What were the results? Did it actually do anything besides go straight up on you?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

RazorPiggie

Seems like a waste of money.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

oldman1015

Quote from: GolfNut57 on June 19, 2017, 08:01:56 am
Anyone here ever hit one? What were the results? Did it actually do anything besides go straight up on you?
I could hit it backwards.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

GolfNut57

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 19, 2017, 08:43:13 am
Seems like a waste of money.

Most likely is. I have no intention of buying one either. Just saw one at Sports Academy the other day and was curious about whether anyone here had ever hit a wedge with that degree.

I have given thought however to buying a 64 degree wedge.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Wildhog

There's nothing I can do with a 60 that I can't do with a 56.

Why I stopped carrying a 60, altogether.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on June 19, 2017, 01:55:15 pm
There's nothing I can do with a 60 that I can't do with a 56.

Why I stopped carrying a 60, altogether.

Same here
SOOIE

cc

I find my 60 degree very useful but you have to practice with it. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: cc on June 19, 2017, 10:09:15 pm
I find my 60 degree very useful but you have to practice with it.

I don't have much of a problem with my 60 but lately I have gotten to where I am hitting all my wedges farther than I used to. In the 60 degree case it is going 70-80 yards with full swings and if I try to cut down on my backswing, or choke up on the club to limit the yards it makes all kinds of bad things happen with the shot. Chili dips, thinners, shanks, etc etc.....

That is why I am considering adding a 64 degree to my bag. I've never hit that club and am curious about what it can do. Nevermind the 68 degree though.

Roctavious

Apparently you didn't look hard enough. Could have gotten this. I bought the 68 in leftie for kicks and giggles. Hit it 30 yards forward and 1600 yds high.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on June 19, 2017, 11:13:26 pm
That is why I am considering adding a 64 degree to my bag. I've never hit that club and am curious about what it can do. Nevermind the 68 degree though.

I carry a 64 and like it.  For some reason, it's easy to get the ball out of the deeper rough around the green and I used it in the traps when I don't have a lot of room to work with.  I know it's a bitch with a tight lie  but that problem has more to do with the guy using it than the club itself.  I need a little cushion under it.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

cosmodrum

My divots are big enough thanks
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Roctavious on June 21, 2017, 07:37:38 pm
Apparently you didn't look hard enough. Could have gotten this. I bought the 68 in leftie for kicks and giggles. Hit it 30 yards forward and 1600 yds high.

Fancy garden hoe
Go away, batin'

GolfNut57

Quote from: Roctavious on June 21, 2017, 07:37:38 pm

One of the guys I played with yesterday told me he has hit a 76 degree wedge he had at one time. Makes me wonder just how how those things go in levels of degrees. And here I was, until I saw the 68 degree, I thought 64 was the highest degree you could get.

cc

I think it was Bombtech or somebody like that that made the 70 something degree wedge.  I hit my 60 93-95 yards and play anything less by feel.  As distance goes down, I choke down to fight that ole fat shot.

Wildhog

Quote from: cc on June 22, 2017, 12:32:14 pm
I think it was Bombtech or somebody like that that made the 70 something degree wedge.  I hit my 60 93-95 yards and play anything less by feel.  As distance goes down, I choke down to fight that ole fat shot.

Yeah, I do the same with my 56.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boarcephus

Quote from: Surfing8 on June 24, 2017, 04:33:02 pm
I carry a 56 and a 59, but the primary difference is the flange/bounce... that IMO makes all the difference.  Different actions for different situations... you can open either of them up. 

When I start opening wedges up bad things happen.  If you're off to my right, duck.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.