Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retiree Dental Plan

Started by hogginbama, November 16, 2018, 10:48:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogginbama

Just wanted to make sure all of my fellow retirees are tracking the change in the dental plans being offered starting now. They are getting rid of the Delta Dental and moving to the Fed Employee plans. If you pay for dental through retirement services, study up and make your choice before it is too late to enroll.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogginbama on November 16, 2018, 10:48:28 am
Just wanted to make sure all of my fellow retirees are tracking the change in the dental plans being offered starting now. They are getting rid of the Delta Dental and moving to the Fed Employee plans. If you pay for dental through retirement services, study up and make your choice before it is too late to enroll.

I was gonna take Tricare Dental for retirees, but I just got it through my Federal employee benefits. Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

ladybackfan

How much does it cost? Is there a waiting period for services?

kodiakisland

I gladly use my Fed employee benefits over any Tricare benefits.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Whiskeyhog

Delta dental offers premiums for veterans who are not retired as well.  Also MILOPS offers dental insurance thru Ameritas.  Pretty affordable rates.  Lastly there is program called dental lifeline that offers free dental Care for elderly, permanently disabled and medically fragile. 

Old Tusk

I've had the Federal plan for a couple years, but only one dental group in Hot Springs takes it, and they suck. So be sure what dentist in your area takes the insurance before you sign up.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Pork Twain

I love that they are now offering FEP plans for retirees.  I had that when I was a gov civ and liked the consistency it offered.  Now, no matter which contract I switch to, I do not have to worry about swapping out my dental and vision.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/