Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry If Already Mentioned Earlier... In Re: to the Helmet

Started by FraggleHog, November 07, 2017, 04:15:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleHog

I know, I know... we have bigger issues on our hands right now. But one thing I noticed that changed this year was that they removed the "HOGS" from the nose bumper of the helmets and replaced it with a side running Razorback.

It's a small detail and I bet the average fan didn't even notice it... but I absolutely loved it. I'm sure it fell into JL's "Branding initiative". Eventually all personality in the uniforms and facilities will become sterile lacking any character...

Do we have any historians on here that know how long that has been on the helmet?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Sed76

Pretty sure there was a big discussion on here about it after the first game this season. Shouldn't have changed it IMO, looks stupid having 2 different colored logos on the helmet.

Joe_Shmo

FraggleHog

I guess i should've been more clear. I hate the change to the Razorback. 100% prefer HOGS and think it's disrespectful to remove it. It's tradition. I've gotta think it's at least been there since the 70's. Would be curious if anyone knew which coach started it.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

KennyForAD

Quote from: FraggleHog on November 07, 2017, 04:15:35 pm
I know, I know... we have bigger issues on our hands right now. But one thing I noticed that changed this year was that they removed the "HOGS" from the nose bumper of the helmets and replaced it with a side running Razorback.

It's a small detail and I bet the average fan didn't even notice it... but I absolutely loved it. I'm sure it fell into JL's "Branding initiative". Eventually all personality in the uniforms and facilities will become sterile lacking any character...

Do we have any historians on here that know how long that has been on the helmet?

Thank God for YOU.   I started a thread on this during the first game and got a steady stream of butt chewings for it - probably all just Long minions.   Man, how HORRIBLE a decision was it to take HOGS off the helmet and put yet another hog there instead?   I find it unreal that anyone could think that was a good move.

jkstock04

Quote from: FraggleHog on November 07, 2017, 04:15:35 pm

At least it's not the frontward facing Red Wolf Hog.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

KennyForAD

Quote from: Sed76 on November 07, 2017, 04:44:09 pm
Pretty sure there was a big discussion on here about it after the first game this season. Shouldn't have changed it IMO, looks stupid having 2 different colored logos on the helmet.

I brought it up, and was booed out of the stadium.   Nice that there are some legitimate posters around this time.   What a horrible change!   Who made that decision?

Hog Pharm

Quote from: FraggleHog on November 07, 2017, 08:37:04 pm
I guess i should've been more clear. I hate the change to the Razorback. 100% prefer HOGS and think it's disrespectful to remove it. It's tradition. I've gotta think it's at least been there since the 70's. Would be curious if anyone knew which coach started it.

So the average fan wouldn't notice it but it's tradition? Makes perfect sense.

gangstaback

Quote from: Sed76 on November 07, 2017, 04:44:09 pm

This. End thread.

greenEGnHAWGS

Oh how easy it is to get under the skin of Hog fans...

Where's the thread complaining about the shoe colors?!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

AugustaHog

Pretty sure the bumper was historically a place for the helmet logo.  This customized bumper is a more recent deal.  The red Hog looks bad though.  It doesn't matter other than that.  Make the thing look good if you're going to do it. 

KennyForAD

KennyForAD

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 07, 2017, 09:26:49 pm

Get the Hell out of here!

moses_007

That's a minor detail, but the major one is those ugly drab looking matte finish helmets.  I'd like to see shiny helmets on our Hogs once again!

MissippHog

Next thing you know they'll be adding gradient "HOGS" on the bumper!

LZH

When we see the T Rex Hog on the side of our helmet instead of the traditional running Razorback, you know the transition will be complete.

code red

Those new helmets don't have scree in played.  That may have something to do with the change.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

gangstaback

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 10:41:13 pm
Go away.

Your panties okay there kid? You want to debate something that obvious then go ahead simple youth.

FANONTHEHILL

I prefer the "HOGS" and they never should have changed.  I do think that the reason that more hasn't been made of it this year kinda falls into the same category as the fact that they didn't really bother to straighten the rows of deck chairs on the Titanic as it was sinking into the North Atlantic.  There were bigger issues to deal with.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 07, 2017, 09:26:49 pm

All that argument went out the door when we started having all kind of foot and ankle problems as soon as we went to white ones. Must have beens something Nike put in the leather or glue to cause all this injuries.

jkstock04

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 08, 2017, 03:16:08 pm
I prefer the "HOGS" and they never should have changed.  I do think that the reason that more hasn't been made of it this year kinda falls into the same category as the fact that they didn't really bother to straighten the rows of deck chairs on the Titanic as it was sinking into the North Atlantic.  There were bigger issues to deal with.
This honestly made me laugh...excellent analogy sir.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SquidBilly

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 08, 2017, 03:16:08 pm

I can picture Jeff Long scurrying to take someone's seat on a lifeboat while CBB continues playing the violin.