Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Austin Allen See the Field Again?

Started by moses_007, November 05, 2017, 02:41:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

I think AA is done.  Bielema said two days ago that he was healthy, and would play some against Coastal Carolina.  He didn't play one down.  Since Kelley has suddenly become the comeback kid, I think the staff will continue with him at QB.

What do you guys think?

10thPlanet

kodiakisland

See the field?  As long as no one stands in front of him he can see it the whole game.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hehawg

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 04:46:27 am
See the field?  As long as no one stands in front of him he can see it the whole game.

He has been on his back most of this season so seeing the field has been few and far between
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

kodiakisland

Quote from: hehawg on November 05, 2017, 04:56:09 am
He has been on his back most of this season so seeing the field has been few and far between

Shouldn't be a problem now as long as he doesn't trip over the chain.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jst01

No. He gains nothing by being a part of these last 3 losses and possibly getting hurt. Just get healthy and hope to get a look in the draft

The_Iceman

Austin wasn't the problem. Unless he can play safety.

parallaxpig

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 05, 2017, 05:26:14 am
Austin wasn't the problem. Unless he can play safety.

Or d line or o line or linebacker or punter...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 05, 2017, 05:28:02 am
Or d line or o line or linebacker or punter...........
Good Sunday morning chuckle...Thanks!!!

It's about time this fan base finally realizes it wasn't all on AA. His attitude as a leader was questionable at times but that's from literally getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis until they broke him...Plain and simple

Bacons Rebellion

I'm probably one of the few that hopes he does. I don't think we have enough downfield passing with Kelley to generate much offense against LSU and Mississippi State. He's overthrowing almost everything between the hashmarks more than 5 yards downfield. Our passing game has fallen to relying on screens, throws into the flat and some underneath crossing routes. That worked against Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina because we could actually generate a power running game.

We have also stopped using Kelley in his steamboat role. Perhaps because as #1 qb, we can't afford him to be injured, but not having his Tebow-like rushing attempts takes away his main advantage.

I hope Kelley grows into passing accuracy in the next 11 months, but I don't think it happens in 1 to 2 weeks.

It probably doesn't matter who quarterbacks, because 0-3 is the most likely result, but I don't like to give up.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

if healthy, he will & should. you cannot just not play him.  let him go out playing.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Little Lady Back

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 06:25:27 am
Good Sunday morning chuckle...Thanks!!!

It's about time this fan base finally realizes it wasn't all on AA. His attitude as a leader was questionable at times but that's from literally getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis until they broke him...Plain and simple

I agree with you. I have thought the same all season long. You can only imagine how frustrating it had to be for him.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Seebs

Not only will he see it, he will taste it.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dominicanhog

hobhog

Hogwild

QuoteWill Austin Allen See the Field Again?

I think he will play this week against LSU, they will put him in the 3rd when we are down 28 points.

Ironhawg

Even if he plays I'm not sure how long he will last.  IMHO the fact that he threw in warm ups against Coastal Carolina then had to ice his shoulder and didn't play at all hints that there is an ongoing problem with his throwing shoulder. 

195bc

Quote from: Seebs on November 05, 2017, 08:53:49 am
Not only will he see it, he will taste it.

Greatest post in Hogville history.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 05, 2017, 06:50:37 am
I'm probably one of the few that hopes he does. I don't think we have enough downfield passing with Kelley to generate much offense against LSU and Mississippi State. He's overthrowing almost everything between the hashmarks more than 5 yards downfield. Our passing game has fallen to relying on screens, throws into the flat and some underneath crossing routes. That worked against Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina because we could actually generate a power running game.

We have also stopped using Kelley in his steamboat role. Perhaps because as #1 qb, we can't afford him to be injured, but not having his Tebow-like rushing attempts takes away his main advantage.

I hope Kelley grows into passing accuracy in the next 11 months, but I don't think it happens in 1 to 2 weeks.

It probably doesn't matter who quarterbacks, because 0-3 is the most likely result, but I don't like to give up.
I think CK is a winer, and that is something that cannot be measured with stats.  But your assessment is correct.   His mechanics are bad (particularly his footwork) and it leads to him being inaccurate on many throws. 

Should he play over AA.  I hope so.  Not as a knock on AA (AA is our best QB) but this season is lost and CK need's reps to try and save next season. 

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 05, 2017, 09:53:05 am
I think CK is a winer, and that is something that cannot be measured with stats.  But your assessment is correct.   His mechanics are bad (particularly his footwork) and it leads to him being inaccurate on many throws. 

Should he play over AA.  I hope so.  Not as a knock on AA (AA is our best QB) but this season is lost and CK need's reps to try and save next season. 

I agree that season is PROBABLY lost. But it's not lost yet as, thanks to recovering our own lose-the-game fumble and Ole Miss imploding, we can still send the seniors to a bowl game and get extra practices for our younger ones, particularly in the 3-4. We still have to play the players that give us the best chance to win.

Although, actually, I expect Bielema will play CK, not AA.

jgphillips3

I think CK gets the start but I'll bet we see AA this week because neither is going to look good against LSU and it won't change the outcome.

I hope so. He's worked for 5 years and dreamed of it for longer. I hope he doesn't go out by sitting on the bench his last 7 games.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Karma on November 05, 2017, 10:19:01 am
I hope so. He's worked for 5 years and dreamed of it for longer. I hope he doesn't go out by sitting on the bench his last 7 games.

Nor should he.

Arkansas can win its last two games at home, especially with AA playing the way he is capable of playing.  That assumes the rest of the team plays with the passion it showed late against CC.  They know they will not get support from a home crowd.  The students leave at halftime no matter what, probably because they can't post selfies from inside the stadium.

Arkansas will not beat LSU no matter who plays QB.  LSU is too physical on defense and in the secondary.  Let CK get some work in front of his home crowd and hope for a miracle.  He can take a beating.  If you must play AA, put him in the shotgun with a rolling pocket.  Otherwise LSU's blitz will beat him to the spot. 

Save AA for Mississippi State, play your best players, play for pride while ignoring the lack of support in the stands at the start of that game, and Arkansas has a shot at 6-6.  The fans will kick in with a quick start. The few left yesterday were loud during the comeback.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rzrbackramsfan

toxichog

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 05, 2017, 09:44:56 am
Even if he plays I'm not sure how long he will last.  IMHO the fact that he threw in warm ups against Coastal Carolina then had to ice his shoulder and didn't play at all hints that there is an ongoing problem with his throwing shoulder.
I saw the same thing...........once you go to the ice, you are DONE for th day.  You do not ice before.......only after.

moses_007

Well you gotta know AA will be rusty as all get out after four weeks of no action.  A few throws in practice won't get him back in the groove.

From what I've seen the last two weeks, Kelley is the QB that gives us the best chance to win. 

Ex-Trumpet

I hope AA works his tail off for the NFL combine and puts on a show like we saw early last year.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RebelliousHog

I think AA has the better passing arm. that fact remains, however, that he got severe happy feet playing behind this line. CK will stand in there, move up in the pocket, and deliver the ball. Granted CK needs work on his delivery. 

AA either held the ball too long and got sacked, threw it away in desperation, or tried to scramble. None of which worked well. While I see why he got frustrated and SHOWED his frustration, on a college level this never works out well. Bottom line? Start CK

Personally, I don't think AA is an NFL quality QB.  I may be wrong and hope I am. I don't see it.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Letsroll1200

Austin should play. He's a better deep ball QB and would have made some of those throws that CK missed.

bythelake

Austin will not be playing for rest of year. 

Snouty

Quote from: Kevin on November 05, 2017, 08:45:45 am
if healthy, he will & should. you cannot just not play him.  let him go out playing.
Quote from: Karma on November 05, 2017, 10:19:01 am

Austin Allen has given his heart and soul to this program for 5 years.  I believe he should have the opportunity to start and play these next 3 games.  Frank Broyles sat Joe Ferguson the last game of his Razorback career.  Broyles said he needed to get another quarterback some experience for the next year.  I believe other school's recruiters used that to persuade other quarterbacks not to come to UA for years after that. 

moses_007

Neither Brandon or Austin will make it in the NFL. 

hehawg

I'm ready for the Allen experiment to be over
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

moses_007

Quote from: hehawg on November 05, 2017, 09:08:21 pm
I'm ready for the Allen experiment to be over
Me too.  It turned out worse than the Dick brothers experiment.

Justagp

I don't think Austin Allen wants to see the field again behind that horrific O Line.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: toxichog on November 05, 2017, 11:06:05 am
I saw the same thing...........once you go to the ice, you are DONE for th day.  You do not ice before.......only after.

It's kinda insteresting....more and more studies are starting to show that icing is ineffective after exertion.  Many experts are suggesting that it does nothing but slow the body's natural reaction, and the minute the ice's effect wears off, you will experience the same amount of swelling.  It doesn't prevent it...just delays it.  I've always thought that from personal experience.  They do admit it's great for deadening pain and allowing time for anti-inflammatories and/or pain medicine to take effect, but the concept of it actually limiting swelling and shortening recovery time...all but debunked.  In fact, the studies are starting to indicate that the time icing just prolongs recovery, because you're delaying the healing process. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Justagp on November 05, 2017, 10:14:26 pm
I don't think Austin Allen wants to see the field again behind that horrific O Line.

He's not going to do anything to improve his chances in the NFL in these last three games, beyond what he did last season.  He's better off hoping to get a combine invite, or shine at Pro days, and go that route.  No reason to bung up a bum shoulder even worse trying to make it to the Outhouse Bowl. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

synthartist69

No, CK is winning..... it wouldn't make sense to leave him in as quarterback now would it?

Dominicanhog

Hogsolo

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 05, 2017, 06:50:37 am

Yep agreed