Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA's play action fumble?

Started by DThog90, January 17, 2016, 01:49:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DThog90

I don't remember the game... The play action went to Sprinkle on a streak and was intercepted in the endzone. Sprinkle seemingly gave up on the play. Does anyone recall seeing anything similar before then by any teams? I think Clemson used a similar fake against someone after we did it. Anyone have previous knowledge of this play fake?

ColinRagan

DThog90

10 guys on the defended bit except the safety. I've seen the direct snap to the running back in the gun where the qb acts like the snap went over his head. The same to an upback in punt formation but never a play action fumble. I thought it was genius until sprinkle gave up. not hating on sprinkle but he could've at least played some d there. It would've been a sports center top 10 if it was a td.

longpig

Quote from: DThog90 on January 17, 2016, 02:02:14 pm
10 guys on the defended bit except the safety. I've seen the direct snap to the running back in the gun where the qb acts like the snap went over his head. The same to an upback in punt formation but never a play action fumble. I thought it was genius until sprinkle gave up. not hating on sprinkle but he could've at least played some d there. It would've been a sports center top 10 if it was a td.

I started a thread about this a couple days after that game and the Homers went berzerk.
Don't be scared, be smart.

TebowHater

Quote from: DThog90 on January 17, 2016, 01:49:27 pm
I don't remember the game... The play action went to Sprinkle on a streak and was intercepted in the endzone. Sprinkle seemingly gave up on the play. Does anyone recall seeing anything similar before then by any teams? I think Clemson used a similar fake against someone after we did it. Anyone have previous knowledge of this play fake?

I think it was Stanford. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3V93JHehrs

VirginiaHog

Broncos just did the fake where qb walks over yelling at wr and they direct snap to rb.

scruf

Sprink got shoved off his route by the safety so good play by the safety I guess.

longpig

Quote from: scruf on January 17, 2016, 05:16:55 pm
Sprink got shoved off his route by the safety so good play by the safety I guess.

Sprink had 40 lb on that safety
Don't be scared, be smart.

Tyro3

And the point of this thread is?

HVHog

Quote from: Tyro3 on January 17, 2016, 06:24:30 pm

Next year he needs to not worry about anything but going and getting the ball, and knocking the crap out of anyone who's in his way.  AT least that's the way I take it.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Tyro3 on January 17, 2016, 06:24:30 pm

I think he's saying Enos invented the play and Clemson stole it.  Could be the biggest question since who created the Wildcat.

code red

It was as good as a punt but in retrospect.  Get the first down.  4th and 1.  CBB doesn't need to be tricky.  Probably cost us a trip to Florida vs. Mississippi State.  The 4th and 5 or 6 and we try a fade to Hunter Henry kick that field goal....and we probably win.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on January 19, 2016, 01:38:45 pm
It was as good as a punt but in retrospect.  Get the first down.  4th and 1.  CBB doesn't need to be tricky.  Probably cost us a trip to Florida vs. Mississippi State.  The 4th and 5 or 6 and we try a fade to Hunter Henry kick that field goal....and we probably win.

Probably a lot of "probables" in this.    ^^^^^

songofthesword

you're not going to make a living picking on jamal adams

Dr. Starcs

code red:
"It was as good as a punt but in retrospect.  Get the first down.  4th and 1.  CBB doesn't need to be tricky.  Probably cost us a trip to Florida vs. Mississippi State.  The 4th and 5 or 6 and we try a fade to Hunter Henry kick that field goal....and we probably win."

Kick the fg?  Like the one we did at the end of the game right?

Smokehouse

Quote from: code red on January 19, 2016, 01:38:45 pm

Probably more likely that we'd have one more blocked FG on our ledger.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.