Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1987 @Hawaii Highlights

Started by Jborohog09, January 17, 2016, 11:22:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

January 17, 2016, 12:09:08 pm #1 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:20:19 pm by SemperFi
This was my first Razorback game. I was a very young Marine stationed in MCAS Kaneohe Bay and got several brothers from my unit to come watch the Hogs. We had 50yd tickets right behind the Hog bench. Had way too much to drink prior to the game, but remember it like it was yesterday. We actually made it onto ESPN when the cameras crossed right in front of us filming the crowd. Thank you for posting it! WPS!!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Country Stylz

Quote from: Jborohog09 on January 17, 2016, 11:22:27 am
Highlights from the win in Honolulu in 87, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ryaoDLzis&feature=youtu.be
Thanks! I never noticed that we ran a 3-4 back in the day.

Hambunctious

Lots of memorable Razorbacks on that team.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Professor Psychosis

One of the first games I ever watched on TV as a young child.  The only thing I really remembered was that it seemed like there was a lot of trash blowing around on the field all game.  Strange what memories you retain from childhood.

El Puerco Grande

The Flexbone/Wishbone is a thing of beauty when it is clicking.
How 'bout them hogs?

DeltaBoy

Love that Flexbone and what ever happened to that 2nd string QB #16 that ran that 52 yard TD!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Country Stylz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 18, 2016, 02:36:09 pm
Love that Flexbone and what ever happened to that 2nd string QB #16 that ran that 52 yard TD!
He had to fill in for an injured Grovey in the '88 aTm game and led the Hogs to a big victory.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

jjsam

Thanks for the memories..I was there great trip with the Ark Alumni    :razorback:

lumphog

What a backfield JuJu, Foster, Rouse & Q Grovey

DeltaBoy

Quote from: lumphog on January 18, 2016, 08:30:53 pm
What a backfield JuJu, Foster, Rouse & Q Grovey

Yep we had a house full of RB's!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.