Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson's Recruiting Test Statement

Started by murthage, January 17, 2016, 11:10:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

murthage

"Anderson said he was somewhat nervous about taking a coach's recruiting test after being in the NFL, but said he answered all 30 questions correctly."

Can somebody shed a little light on the subject of a Recruiting Test?

Hogfan46

The NCAA requires every head coach and assistant to take a recruiting certification test each summer that consists of 30 multiple choice or true-false questions related to NCAA amateurism and recruiting rules. Coaches who don't get at least 80 percent of the questions right must wait 30 days to take the test again in order to earn the right to recruit off-campus.

murthage

Hogfan46...
Thanks much.  Makes sense, the number 30 seemed pretty high to me, but your explanation clarifies the purpose and need.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

It's like teachers, lawyers, doctors having to do continuing training and sometimes being tested on it to ensure that they all know the rules and regulations of the industry they work in.

ricepig

Quote from: murthage on January 17, 2016, 11:10:10 am
"Anderson said he was somewhat nervous about taking a coach's recruiting test after being in the NFL, but said he answered all 30 questions correctly."

Can somebody shed a little light on the subject of a Recruiting Test?

Here you go, take the practice test and see how you did.

http://web1.ncaa.org/coachesTest/exec/practiceexam?division=1

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Potosihog

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 17, 2016, 12:38:49 pm
I need to study the rules.
I do too. However, if I had known that coaches can't attend All-Star games and such I would have passed the exam. Darn, never knew that I'd miss something like six questions devoted to that one particular subject. 

longpig

Wow, I quit after the 5th question because I was guessing with zero confidence. :'(
Don't be scared, be smart.

theFlyingHog

ChicoHog

I got 18.  Many of the questions repetitive.  Main categories are official visits, all-star games and camps. 

scruf

PonderinHog

I got 18, but I figure my magmanimous personality is probably worth six points, so I passed...

Let me rephrase that.  I somehow pulled 18 correct answers out of my ass.

Hogwild

Test was(maybe still is) an open book test, you can bring in the NCAA manual.

PigWig

Horse racer

lefty08

That was pretty cool, but I have to wait another 30 days. I got 21/30 for a 70%
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Steef

Quote from: Hogfan46 on January 17, 2016, 11:12:37 am
The NCAA requires every head coach and assistant to take a recruiting certification test each summer that consists of 30 multiple choice or true-false questions related to NCAA amateurism and recruiting rules. Coaches who don't get at least 80 percent of the questions right must wait 30 days to take the test again in order to earn the right to recruit off-campus.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogwild on January 17, 2016, 04:25:24 pm
Test was(maybe still is) an open book test, you can bring in the NCAA manual.

^^^This. Yes it is open book,
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Missooie

21/30 for 70 percent. Not bad considering I only actually knew like 3 answers.

ricepig

Steef

Rzbakfromwaybak

The Ole Miss recruiting test only had 1 question, & it's multiple choice:

(1)   How much cash should you take on a recruiting visit ??

a.   $1,000

b.   $5,000

c.   $10,000

d.   $20,000  & two female companions

e.  all of the above

* Ole Miss reported no failures on the test this year.   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hambunctious

I got 22 correct, but the online test is flawed in that it repeats similar questions that require the same answer as the previous ones.  If you get all those right that's at least 66% correct.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

ricepig

Quote from: Hambunctious on January 17, 2016, 05:35:59 pm
I got 22 correct, but the online test is flawed in that it repeats similar questions that require the same answer as the previous ones.  If you get all those right that's at least 66% correct.

These coaches ain't rocket scientist, got to make it easy for them. And no, I didn't pass it with 80% either.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2016, 04:57:54 pm
So you're saying you made a 18 with the manual?

Nope. Didn't take the test. Just didn't seem pertinent to my Sunday afternoon-NFL pursuits.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 17, 2016, 06:36:01 pm
Nope. Didn't take the test. Just didn't seem pertinent to my Sunday afternoon-NFL pursuits.

C, just answer C on all of them. You'll be good, trust me.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2016, 06:40:47 pm

C, just answer C on all of them. You'll be good, trust me.

Ha! True. That strategy got my name engraved on a sidewalk in front of Old Main!

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 17, 2016, 07:05:18 pm
Ha! True. That strategy got my name engraved on a sidewalk in front of Old Main!

Yeah, I thought I was going to have dig up some sidewalk and pour my own for awhile.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2016, 07:09:28 pm
Yeah, I thought I was going to have dig up some sidewalk and pour my own for awhile.

Same here. I think, in my case, they (the UofA), finally asked, "hey, if we give you this diploma and engrave your name in a sidewalk, will you leave?"
I took them up on their offer.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

murthage

Ricepig....
Thanks for the additional input.  Looks like some of the hogvillians enjoyed the exercise.  Suffice it to say that I am withdrawing my application for any future openings.  Although, open book makes it almost laughable.

OnTheHillHogFan

23/30. I missed 3 on the satellite camps.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

soooieman

Luther Van Damme should have studied this test. He was fired on his first day. Great DC tho

lumphog

Oklahawg

I got 23. A couple were beyond me - the JUCO rule, for example. So...I guess I can clear my calendar for the next 30 days as CBB will NOT be able to hire me and send me on the road recruiting. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GolfnHog

Well hell, had I known I could have used the open book concept I would have passed. The all-star game questions were my Achilles heel
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DeltaBoy

17-30 Ouch they got to many rules to follow.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

The "entourage" questions sunk my boat.  Bring errbody!

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2016, 11:49:23 am
Here you go, take the practice test and see how you did.

http://web1.ncaa.org/coachesTest/exec/practiceexam?division=1

That was fun.  Thanks for posting.  I took it and got 17-30.  Fail!  :)

ChitownHawg

I got two questions into the test when I remembered why I hated school and swore after my masters I would never take another exam. Never. Came close this time yet quickly regained my senses.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"