Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiero

Started by Hogfan46, January 16, 2016, 09:05:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfan46

Kiero Small has been hired as the Hog's Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. Great for him and the program.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longpig

It's been pretty cool seeing his face on the sideline this season.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PIGZSNOUT

Awesome news....bent weight bars and broken face masks!!!!!

tophawg19

i was hoping he would get a chance in the NFL. He deserved it if anyone did but glad to have him back. hopefully he can work with fullbacks as well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Jek Tono Porkins

Bielema said after Kiero left that there would always be a spot for him on the staff. Good for Kiero.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

ricepig

Yeah, Brad Bichey was hired as the S&C guy at Toledo.

longpig

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on January 16, 2016, 09:27:29 pm
Bielema said after Kiero left that there would always be a spot for him on the staff. Good for Kiero.
Bielema has taken a shine to Kevin Richardson the way he did Kiero Small, we may see him on staff in the not so distant future too.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogman78

Hawgzinbowlz

Excellent news...for both The UofA and Kiero.

" GO HOGS "

BPsTheMan

This is great news!

BigPapaHawg

This is great news!!!!
WOO PIG

pigture perfect

Awesome for everyone involved.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GoldenCOHog

Good for you, K-Strong.  We think you're great...now whip these kids into shape one time for tha oskie whoeskie .

Torqued pork

If they had a ring of honor for battering rams Kiero would be in it. He'll definitely instill some toughness in our guys.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

What was his degree in?

lumphog

PonderinHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 17, 2016, 04:17:51 am
If they had a ring of honor for battering rams Kiero would be in it. He'll definitely instill some toughness in our guys.
He's not a good candidate for that ring of honor thingy.  He'd just break it or put a big dent in it.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Hog N Bama

I like having experts in SMASH MOUTH on staff. Glad to have him.

SemperFi

Kiero Small will always be one of my favorite former Hogs. Glad that he will continue to be part of the program. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

OnTheHillHogFan

Price Holmes and Tenarius Wright are also assistant strength coaches.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

bennyl08

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 18, 2016, 11:39:35 pm
I am glad things worked out.

That said, unlike other folks whom I never believed would pan out in the NFL, I believed Small had a very reasonable possibility to be a Mike Tolbert type.

I guess I was wrong but no matter.  Bottom line?  If Kiero is happy, I'm happy for him.

The NFL doesn't seem to want to "waste" a roster spot for a full back, so you better be able to pull your weight in the running game too. Kiero was a great blocker, but his talents didn't go much beyond that. He was good enough on the college level to run and catch, but not nearly on the same plane as a Marcel Reece or  Tolbert. Those guys could run for 1000 yards if they were asked to be the primary back. In that sense, Kody Walker is much more in line with one of those guys. He can do some real damage with the ball in his hands. However, he's also been injured a lot, and is kind of a tweener. Not quite talented enough a runner to earn a spot as a runner and not quite good enough a blocker to do that either. You put Small's attitude and technique into Walker's body and then you've got a long career NFL fullback, relatively speaking.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Snortingred1

How many former players did Nutt hire on to the staff?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Snortingred1 on January 19, 2016, 12:20:37 am
How many former players did Nutt hire on to the staff?

He got them jobs at the Alma Sonic............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogShat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 19, 2016, 06:17:26 am
He got them jobs at the Alma Sonic............................

People Heppin'

FANONTHEHILL

We have Kiero, Tank Wright, and Brey Cook all on staff as either employees or Grad assistants.  Great to see Hogs come home to help better the program.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

The Great Hambino

I think this is great. I can't he the only one who sees the benefit of all these guys who played under Bielema, Petrino, and, at risk of ruining all credibility to this post, JLS. They all had the opportunity to learn the positives and negatives from all the coaches, and hopefully work to instill all the positives from all the coaching regimes, JLS included. It is for that same reason I fully expect Brandon Allen to catch on to a pro team somewhere, by some manner, even if it running a practice squad, before he returns to the college ranks as a QB coach.