Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy Ramsey to participate in spring as walk on per Bielema's press conference.

Started by luke hawg, January 16, 2016, 04:33:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

WaltonCollege

so does that mean he will get an opportunity to get a scholly down the road? because last month coach B said Ramsey doesn't have a scholarship here. Surely he won't be playing as a walk on for 3 years paying out of state tuition

31to6

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 16, 2016, 04:43:43 pm
so does that mean he will get an opportunity to get a scholly down the road? because last month coach B said Ramsey doesn't have a scholarship here. Surely he won't be playing as a walk on for 3 years paying out of state tuition

Of course, and I always thought that if he was allowed back at all, it would be through this route. He was given an opportunity as a scholarship athlete and apparently didn't hold up his end of the deal. Now he has to demonstrate his commitment and resolve and if he does so, you have to believe that there will be a scholarship awarded to him, again. For his sake, I do hope that this time away from the program has helped him and if he can regain his previous form and improve on that, he should receive a scholarship.
Go Hogs Go!

Sir Oinksalot

...sounds like Coach B. working his magic, kinda like when Broyles used to say, "You've
done well, youre just gonna have to do a little bit betteh".
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 16, 2016, 05:13:09 pm
Of course, and I always thought that if he was allowed back at all, it would be through this route. He was given an opportunity as a scholarship athlete and apparently didn't hold up his end of the deal. Now he has to demonstrate his commitment and resolve and if he does so, you have to believe that there will be a scholarship awarded to him, again. For his sake, I do hope that this time away from the program has helped him and if he can regain his previous form and improve on that, he should receive a scholarship.
Throughout life we all have certain "do-over" moments that we have the opportunity to take advantage of. Hopefully he will take this chance to show CBB that whatever his earlier issue(s) he's dealt with it (them) and is truly ready to move forward. From what I understand Ramsey certainly has the talent. It's just a matter of settling down and moving forward to take advantage of the moment.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogFansReunited

This is very good news. Hopefully this means that he will do what it takes to be part of the team and earn his way back.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Will he be able to man the third LB spot with Josh being out for a while?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

WaltonCollege

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 16, 2016, 06:39:51 pm
Will he be able to man the third LB spot with Josh being out for a while?

Josh is probably never playing football for the hogs again unless awarded a medical redshirt. Also he plays Middle backer, Ramsey is an OLB

Pork Ranger

ricepig

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WaltonCollege

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 16, 2016, 07:16:26 pm
So is it a walk on for the Spring semester and scholly in the Fall?

I beleive that would be best case scenario

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 16, 2016, 07:05:05 pm
so will it be Ramsey, Greenlaw and Ellis?

Dwayne Eugene was really coming on at the end of last year before getting hurt I could see him being in the mix and who knows about production from the redshirt or a freshman signee. 

This really shows a lot of dedication from Ramsey having to pay OUT OF STATE tuition.  Just tuition is $677 per credit hours.  Do they have to take a minimum of 12 hours?  That $8100 a semester.  He's going to be so motivated to make it to the pros to pay off that debt.   What a great development. 

kp72204

Hawgzinbowlz

Positive news...and another chance extended by CBB.

If RR can follow this path to a scholarship, he's our kind of man.

" GO HOGS "

AugustaHog

He had to walk on or it would cost us one of the 25 slots in this recruiting class.  I think CBB did not expect him to be willing to go this route which is why we got told that this ship has sailed a week or so back.  I'm not sure when he can go back on scholly without it affecting anything other than the 85/105 numbers.  I'm glad to see him back.  He can play for sure.  Good to see him get another chance.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

oldbear

I think this says a lot about Ramsey, Coach B and the program. Can you imagine the impact this kid can have on others WHEN he works his way back on scholarship? This is a 30 for 30 story in the making.

popcornhog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 16, 2016, 07:19:30 pm
Dwayne Eugene was really coming on at the end of last year before getting hurt I could see him being in the mix and who knows about production from the redshirt or a freshman signee. 

This really shows a lot of dedication from Ramsey having to pay OUT OF STATE tuition.  Just tuition is $677 per credit hours.  Do they have to take a minimum of 12 hours?  That $8100 a semester.  He's going to be so motivated to make it to the pros to pay off that debt.   What a great development.

Plus books/dorm/meal plan.
WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: popcornhog on January 17, 2016, 01:02:18 pm
Plus books/dorm/meal plan.

I should reach out to him about being a super poor college student living off student loans. This is a good start https://www.lindseymanagement.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?type=apt&id=29

1 Br 1 Ba for $430 not too far from campus. 

scruf

Piggfoot

Before I get excited. What has Ramsey done to warrant excitement over his return. He has yet to prove himself as a student and to my knowledge as an athlete. A recent photo of him with his shorts about to fall of his butt cheeks and his slender build did not impress me as a SEC linebacker. If that was a recent photo I suspect he needs a redshirt if he can.  Wish him well.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HogMantheIntruder

He could have gone to a number of schools and been awarded a scholarship right away, but instead he's chosen the tougher path of earning his way back here at Arkansas.  I'm not sure who this speaks highest of- Ramsey, the coaching staff, or the UofA.  Regardless, this has given me a great deal of respect for the young man. He screwed up, owned it, and he is now doing whatever he can to make it right. If that's not #uncommon, then I don't know what is.  Welcome back RR!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Pig In The City

Sometimes the hardest challenges to each us the most. As a Hog fan I appreciate the effort. Welcome back to the Hog family.

King Kong

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 17, 2016, 03:18:28 pm
Before I get excited. What has Ramsey done to warrant excitement over his return. He has yet to prove himself as a student and to my knowledge as an athlete. A recent photo of him with his shorts about to fall of his butt cheeks and his slender build did not impress me as a SEC linebacker. If that was a recent photo I suspect he needs a redshirt if he can.  Wish him well.

I don't care that he didn't impress you. I know he impressed CBB with his play. When coach was talking about the poor LB depth he went out of his way to mention Ramsey's departure and how it really hurt because " The kid can play"

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 18, 2016, 07:23:32 am
I don't care that he didn't impress you. I know he impressed CBB with his play. When coach was talking about the poor LB depth he when out of his way to mention Ramsey's departure and how it really hurt because " The kid can play"

This ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

Quote from: King Kong on January 18, 2016, 07:23:32 am
I don't care that he didn't impress you. I know he impressed CBB with his play. When coach was talking about the poor LB depth he when out of his way to mention Ramsey's departure and how it really hurt because " The kid can play"
I trust CBB in his evaluations and I don't question if CBB thinks he can play and apparently he has been back and forth on allowing Ramsey to return in any capacity. Perhaps this is another trial and I hope he succeeds. But I'll say again I am not pleased with our players wearing their pants so low that half of their underware is showing. I dont like that style. If he or any Hogville members think that is appropriate and if it is thought wearing pants in that manner represents our program with class then we have a problem.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 18, 2016, 10:29:04 am
I trust CBB in his evaluations and I don't question if CBB thinks he can play and apparently he has been back and forth on allowing Ramsey to return in any capacity. Perhaps this is another trial and I hope he succeeds. But I'll say again I am not pleased with our players wearing their pants so low that half of their underware is showing. I dont like that style. If he or any Hogville members think that is appropriate and if it is thought wearing pants in that manner represents our program with class then we have a problem.

So, you're the pant police guy?

bigdaddyhawg

I will say that it would be wise for all us fans to hold our excitement down until he at least gets through the spring semester.  Hopefully, he's back for good, has got himself lined out, and will be a difference maker at the LB position, but we're going to have to wait to see if all that comes to fruition.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2016, 11:02:32 am
He probably wears his so high he can reach over his shoulder and get his billfold out of his back pocket.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

scruf

Not sure if real.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2016, 11:04:53 am
He probably wears his so high he can reach over his shoulder and get his billfold out of his back pocket.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You never can tell when it's going to rain, he's just predicting a flood......

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

PorkRinds

Lol. Wut?  That's glorious.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I love it.
It openly shows just how ignorant they are so you don't have to guess.

I must say it's possible the individual in question knows what it means, but that brings up ALL sorts of other points of discussion.
His response to me:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: supersaint on January 18, 2016, 01:02:47 pm
I knew CBB was feeling Randy!

Well he did once say that he was going to jump on his wife with his plane.......
His response to me:

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2016, 11:02:32 am
Do you just want to be argumentative or do you really think it is proper for a Razorback football player to wear his pants in this manner when several schools and municipalities have banned it? Is this type of dress  you want our players to present themselves  to the rest of the sports world?

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 18, 2016, 03:59:59 pm
Do you just want to be argumentative or do you really think it is proper for a Razorback football player to wear his pants in this manner when several schools and municipalities have banned it? Is this type of dress the way you want our players presented to the rest of the sports world?

You've seen him in public like this?

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2016, 04:01:29 pm

You've seen him in public like this?
Someone posted , I can't find the photo, but it was shown here on Hogville, I can't remember the forum.

NoogaHog

Not that it is any of my business, but if he has lived in NWA for the last year, he may be eligible for in-state tuition. Each school's rules are different and I'm too lazy to look it up. My son is in an apartment across the state line and in community college this year to get in state tuition at the local 4 year school this fall.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 17, 2016, 03:18:28 pm
Well I'm excited merely by the fact that apparently, if the stories I've heard are true, the young man has decided to "give it a go" for a second time. And this time he's going to do it on his own "dime". I have a feeling with his athletic skills and potential there are quite a number of schools that would have been more than happy to give him a scholly just to get him on campus. However, RR hasn't chosen to take an easier way; he's elected to stick it out and try again. Personally I applaud the young man if he's truly serious about showing he's to included among the band of #Uncommon brothers on the Hill.