Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kody Walker

Started by xxtomassxx1980, January 16, 2016, 01:15:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xxtomassxx1980

To return for 6th season per CBB

JHicks3636

He gets major props for sticking it out considering all he has gone through during his career. I hope the best for him and that the extra year translates into some bucks for him in the pros or in landing a well deserved job offer.

rljjr

Awesome. Also heard Randy Ramsey MAY be back as a walk on.

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: JHicks3636 on January 16, 2016, 01:18:10 pm
He gets major props for sticking it out considering all he has gone through during his career. I hope the best for him and that the extra year translates into some bucks for him in the pros or in landing a well deserved job offer.
Agreed. I think KW will be given the chance to be the #1 RB next year. You never know, he could be Ron Dayne 2.0.

immahog

Quote from: rljjr on January 16, 2016, 01:22:25 pm

WHAT???
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

This is like getting another 4 star RB

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: rljjr on January 16, 2016, 01:22:25 pm
Really? I'd take that. Maybe he knows he let CBB and the team down and wants to prove to them that he is willing to buy in. Would be great news if true.

ricepig

ricepig

immahog

this is huge I wonder if losing jordan C has anything to do with ramsey thats two big pick ups at positions of need

Pork Ranger

So If this happens, Ramsey will be eligible to play, right? Lord knows we need him at LB

SooiecidetillNuttgone

If true, this is huge.
Kody for obvious reasons.
Ramsey I've read on here as being worthy of being a starting LB to go with Greenlaw and Ellis.  If this is also true, that would be just as huge.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

rljjr

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on January 16, 2016, 01:23:33 pm
Really? I'd take that. Maybe he knows he let CBB and the team down and wants to prove to them that he is willing to buy in. Would be great news if true.

Yes. Read it on @razorbacknation Twitter. Don't have any details bc I'm out and about, but it sounds very positive.

passinghog

Thankfully he hasn't closed the door on Ransey. WE NEED HIS TALENT!

ricepig

The_Hog_Father

I am so damn happy for Randy! I want nothing but the best for this guy... This is great news! :razorback:

redeye

QuoteDudleyD: Coach B: Josh Williams had to have another procedure. He has lost a lot of that calf. It is probably going to be a long time before he can play football again. He won't be able to practice this spring and may not be this fall. I would hire him as a linebacker assistant if he can't play

ricepig

If Kirkland has come back, they were going to move him to guard.

Wants 4-5 o-line signees.

Wants 4 LB's, 3 HS and 1 Juco.

J-Day looking good and we are on some great RB's.

immahog

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 16, 2016, 01:32:48 pm
I am so damn happy for Randy! I want nothing but the best for this guy... This is great news! :razorback:

THIS times 10

fullfan

If Ramsey battles his way back through the ranks of walk-on to scholarship he will truly fit the definition of uncommon.  Not saying it will go down like this but CBB's legend with helping kids via tough love will include another chapter.

Country Stylz

Good.
Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on January 16, 2016, 01:15:28 pm
To return for 6th season per CBB
I hope he drops down to about 240 to give himself a little more agility.

Country Stylz

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

The_Hog_Father

That is some really sad news on Josh... He is definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Redeye. :razorback:

trashcan maN

What was the initial injury on Josh Williams? Some kind of infection?

razorbackkid

I'm not that familiar with Ramsey.  Anyone care to give some details and a link to his position and abilities?  Appreciate it.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 16, 2016, 01:50:36 pm

Broken leg in the Tennessee game on what everyone but the officials thought was an illegal crack back block.

trashcan maN

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 16, 2016, 01:51:55 pm
I'm not that familiar with Ramsey.  Anyone care to give some details and a link to his position and abilities?  Appreciate it.
Rangy outside linebacker. Can get to the edge on screens and outside runs. Very athletic kid. Should be able to develop into a guy you don't mind being out in space with a TE.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2016, 01:26:03 pm
Other news:

https://twitter.com/NWAHutch/status/688440148531351553

Love the thought of doing these satellite camps. It always ticked me off when I heard Meyer was coming into SEC territory to do these but hey, why not US? Especially in the Chicago area.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 16, 2016, 01:50:36 pm

First, I agree with P.I. Zen.  Prayers to Josh.

To sorta/kinda answer your question, I thought it was a leg break.
I'm hoping their talking about atrophy, not something far more sinister.
His response to me:

trashcan maN

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 16, 2016, 01:53:34 pm

I'm hoping their talking about atrophy, not something far more sinister.
Exactly what I was thinking. You can normally negate most of the atrophy through PT. Especially the level of PT he's getting. Hoping nothing nasty got in there...Prayers up

razorbackkid

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 16, 2016, 01:52:46 pm
Rangy outside linebacker. Can get to the edge on screens and outside runs. Very athletic kid. Should be able to develop into a guy you don't mind being out in space with a TE.

Thanks.  Love some Stephen King.  I've read most every book the man has written.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Vantage 8 dude

Great news on Kody! I think he can really help us this next year and hopefully continue to show the type of improvement we saw most of last season.

I think IF Ramsey came back and worked his way back on the team no question both would benefit. IMO the kid is a great talent who just needs to straighten up his act. If he's truly matured enough to get serious about his education and his playing and if CBB is willing to give him another chance no doubt we would have a "found again" diamond at the linebacker spot.

PigTimePlayer

This is great news! Maybe Ramsey can have a great spring semester and be on scholarship when school starts in the fall. We will have a few available with the guys leaving early. Hope this is a great new start for the guy, plus what a boost to the defense he can be. WPS
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

YtownHog

The Williams CBB said might not play again, was that Rawleigh or the LB? Hate it for either, but would really hate it for RW3.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: YtownHog on January 16, 2016, 02:05:39 pm
The Williams CBB said might not play again, was that Rawleigh or the LB? Hate it for either, but would really hate it for RW3.

I understood that to be about the Linebacker
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Because of his break in athletics, I'm asking my question again.

What grade classification will Ramsey be?
What would a redshirt be able to do for him, if anything?
His response to me:

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 16, 2016, 02:08:23 pm

You have 5 years to play 4, now breaks from college are allowed no doubt as you read about 28-30 yr olds playing after service.

ricepig

Quote from: YtownHog on January 16, 2016, 02:05:39 pm

Josh, RW3 will most likely miss spring practice, but be ready for fall camp.

Potosihog

Kody is a really good guy who does things the right way.  It was amazing to see a guy carry and catch the ball this year with a cast on his hand and not have even one fumble or drop.

He was a heck of a LB in high school.  With the issues we have had at LB I wish they would have played him there as a Freshman.  Looking forward to see him tote the rock for one more year.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

rzrbk4life

Great news. I expect big things from him this year. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

January 16, 2016, 04:07:34 pm #43 Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:52:37 pm by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2016, 02:12:24 pm
You have 5 years to play 4, now breaks from college are allowed no doubt as you read about 28-30 yr olds playing after service.

I know the 5 for 4, but his not playing last year makes for an odd situation.  Can last year count as a redshirt year?

So he'll be a RSoph or a Junior is my guess.
His response to me:

tophawg19

rw3 will go through non contact work in the spring
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgXi

Paul

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 16, 2016, 01:54:33 pm
Love the thought of doing these satellite camps. It always ticked me off when I heard Meyer was coming into SEC territory to do these but hey, why not US? Especially in the Chicago area.
BB said when Anderson was at Eastern Mich he was named by someone Chicagoland recruiter of the year.

wupigsuey

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 16, 2016, 02:08:23 pm

Thought you said Ramsey wasn't coming back. Nice call.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: wupigsuey on January 16, 2016, 05:33:27 pm

Go back and read the board which was based off the presser saying he could pursue another college or enroll at UA.

I'm very cautious to post something unless I feel I've read enough to safely provide information.
It's not mine or anyone else's fault if some information is withheld, such as walking on.
If you're wanting Walter Cronkite levels of inside info, accurate info, and never-changing info despite changing circumstances.....Well, stay off free message boards.
His response to me:

ricepig

Quote from: wupigsuey on January 16, 2016, 05:33:27 pm

I'd say you'd need to bring up your complaint to this guy, and no, not Bob Holt.

https://twitter.com/BobHoltADG/status/679470597592629249