Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson: Great Fit

Started by younghog, January 15, 2016, 12:53:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

younghog

Big Kurt has that lineage for sure.

Great Read

http://razorbackers.com/2016/01/15/kurt-anderson-seems-like-a-great-fit-with-arkansas-football-bret-bielema/

Love his tweets

--begin
2 NFL Championships, 1 Nat'l Championship, 7 BIG10 Championships, 1 Butkus Award, 16 years NFL experience #myfamily
7:06 PM - 11 Jan 2016

--ON Salary
@TomMurphyADG I just need a nail in the wall to hang my hat and whistle.The other stuff in the contract is for my wife and kids.
12:37 PM - 11 Jan 2016
--end

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Interesting perspective on how Anderson and Pittman are different. While the author points out you don't really replace the recruiting skills of Pittman, that's not necessarily what CBB was looking for in this most recent hire. Also found it interesting that the whole idea that one reason Anderson was chosen was to develop FUTURE linemen and to have the personality to begin connecting with future prospects; he was not chosen because he would be some type of SP clone or "wanna be".

I'll be very interested to see how Kurt connects and develops our future big bodies. If he's anywhere nearly as successful/effective as another relatively "what the heck kinda hire was that" hire from last year-Dan Enos-the I think most of us will end up being very satisfied with the results.

clew

Try to. Not try and. If the guy wants to be a journalist, he needs to figure this out quickly. Otherwise, it was definitely better than Robert Shields...
Pure as the dawn

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: clew on January 15, 2016, 03:14:47 pm
Try to. Not try and. If the guy wants to be a journalist, he needs to figure this out quickly. Otherwise, it was definitely better than Robert Shields...

Birminghog

Quote from: clew on January 15, 2016, 03:14:47 pm

Good article, but "everywhere he's went"? Sheesh.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 15, 2016, 02:06:19 pm
Interesting perspective on how Anderson and Pittman are different. While the author points out you don't really replace the recruiting skills of Pittman, that's not necessarily what CBB was looking for in this most recent hire. Also found it interesting that the whole idea that one reason Anderson was chosen was to develop FUTURE linemen and to have the personality to begin connecting with future prospects; he was not chosen because he would be some type of SP clone or "wanna be".

I'll be very interested to see how Kurt connects and develops our future big bodies. If he's anywhere nearly as successful/effective as another relatively "what the heck kinda hire was that" hire from last year-Dan Enos-the I think most of us will end up being very satisfied with the results.

I hope for one thing he gets these guys a little bit smaller.  I don't think having 25+lbs of fat helps you block a bit especially in the 4th quarter when you are running out of gas or trying to block a LB in space.   

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Good read. Just followed him on Twitter. He's mixing it up real well answering Hog fans questions. I'm gonna recommend everyone follow him.

jackflash

Like this hire. going to wait and see if he can recruit

ricepig

DudleyD: Coach Anderson: I am excited about getting out on the road recruiting with Coach B on Monday. I scored 30 for 30 on my recruiting test. Kept a string of four in a row going.

ricepig

DudleyD: Anderson played for Michigan against Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl in 1998. Also was coaching at Eastern Michigan when it played Arkansas.

DudleyD: Coach Anderson: I love the calling of the Pigs during that bowl week. It is a passionate fan base.

ricepig

DudleyD: Anderson: I have recruited guys in Texas, Oklahoma, the Kansas and Texas JCs and have recruited nationally for OL.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 16, 2016, 11:23:31 am
I hope for one thing he gets these guys a little bit smaller.  I don't think having 25+lbs of fat helps you block a bit especially in the 4th quarter when you are running out of gas or trying to block a LB in space.
On that you and I agree. While it's fun to hear that oft repeated "Boy, they have the biggest line in ALL football", when it all comes down to it that makes little difference if you can't move and block effectively. I don't care if every one of them average 6' tall and 285 lbs as long as they can play the entire game without tiring in the fourth quarter and move guys out for run plays and keep our QB off his backside.

ricepig

DudleyD: Anderson: When the job opened, I felt like it was just a perfect fit for me. I just wanted to get my foot in the door. If he had held off longer, I might have camped out in front of his door

PigTimePlayer

This dude has a chance to be an SEC rock star, as much as an OL coach can be. Showing a lot of personality in his presser. He has me excited!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

greenEGnHAWGS

I love this guy! I think he's going to be great for us as a compliment to to CBB and recruiting.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

razorbackkid

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 16, 2016, 02:16:21 pm
I love this guy! I think he's going to be great for us as a compliment to to CBB and recruiting.

Got me excited.  Think I'll drink a beer or twelve.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Torqued pork

Anderson has the background and is high energy. He will do well imo.

ricepig

I don't know how well he will recruit or coach our O-line, but I love his personality so far.

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/688778005037080577

bphi11ips

So far you have to love this guy. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Guinness Snout

Haha that's a good friend of mine that I graduated from high school with in the pic with CoachB!

DeltaBoy

He looks and sounds like a solid hire and fit for the Program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfnHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2016, 12:00:17 pm
I don't know how well he will recruit or coach our O-line, but I love his personality so far.

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/688778005037080577

Agreed and he's got the mojo for some great sound bites it seems.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The Kig

Reminds me of Jeff Saturday (former All-Pro center for Indy & current NFL analyst), who I know personally.   

Articulate intensity... he is going to really resonate with kids and Mom & Pop will trust him.  He has walked the path and knows what it will take for them to make it in the league.  From a Parade All-American, starter at Mich, coaching in college, to time in the NFL... he is one of them (OL) and they will gravitate to his lessons.
Poker Porker

hammer66

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 16, 2016, 11:23:31 am
To be fair tho, u are just assuming some of our oline were carrying too much weight. I've seen this posted a few times but I didn't see this as a problem during the year, maybe I just missed it.
I feel confident the transformer knows what he's doing and understands who can and can't carry weight.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: The Kig on January 18, 2016, 12:22:44 pm
Reminds me of Jeff Saturday (former All-Pro center for Indy & current NFL analyst), who I know personally.   

Articulate intensity... he is going to really resonate with kids and Mom & Pop will trust him.  He has walked the path and knows what it will take for them to make it in the league.  From a Parade All-American, starter at Mich, coaching in college, to time in the NFL... he is one of them (OL) and they will gravitate to his lessons.

This is a best case scenario.
Fortunately, I think this is what we're getting.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2016, 01:51:32 pm
DudleyD: Anderson played for Michigan against Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl in 1998. Also was coaching at Eastern Michigan when it played Arkansas.

DudleyD: Coach Anderson: I love the calling of the Pigs during that bowl week. It is a passionate fan base.
I think he means "calling the Hogs".

But he'll learn.

bphi11ips

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 04:26:28 pm
I think he means "calling the Hogs".

But he'll learn.

At least he didn't call it a chant.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 18, 2016, 04:33:12 pm
At least he didn't call it a chant.

Ha ha...or say "Why do they all sound like wolves...?"
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

bphi11ips

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 18, 2016, 04:40:08 pm
Ha ha...or say "Why do they all sound like wolves...?"

Because they didn't in Orlando in 1998/99.

longpig

Quote from: hammer66 on January 18, 2016, 12:51:17 pm
To be fair tho, u are just assuming some of our oline were carrying too much weight. I've seen this posted a few times but I didn't see this as a problem during the year, maybe I just missed it.
I feel confident the transformer knows what he's doing and understands who can and can't carry weight.

Yeh we were a bit heavy in 2014 perhaps, were much leaner this past season. Total weight was still the highest in football even though Kirkland and Tretola each dropped 30-40 lbs. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977