Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss game tribute to BA, HH, and AC.

Started by PIGZSNOUT, January 13, 2016, 12:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGZSNOUT

The company I work for is doing the Stadium expansion project at Ole Miss. I have permission to be on the field so I took these photos this morning as a tribute to Brandon Allen, Hunter Henry, and Alex Collins.
I really wanted to do reenactment Photos but i couldn't get anyone on the job site to be my model. If I had twitter I would share the photos on their pages, but i dont.

Gonna miss seeing them on the field next year, but their careers will continue elsewhere in the next level. WPS!!!

ricepig

See if you can't slip in some sprinklers, wind turbines, or something we can BWW them on our visits.

PIGZSNOUT

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2016, 12:42:23 pm
See if you can't slip in some sprinklers, wind turbines, or something we can BWW them on our visits.

We are replacing and expanding the north end zone which will add like 2000 more seats. Also, in the south end zone there will be a new field level lounge area kind of like what is a JerryWorld. It's underneath the stands and directly behind the goal posts.

PIGZSNOUT

Panorama of stadium from field level on visitors side.

CallThemHawgs!

Nice pictures, while you are at it, go ahead and get the rest of your crew to re-enact it like you mentioned.

Keep wasting that Ole Pi$$ recruiting fund, we need all the help we can get.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

CallThemHawgs!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 13, 2016, 12:56:03 pm
Great Pictures of Ole Miss Field.

The only great pictures of old misses field is when the Hogs are celebrating a victory there!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Amityvillehogger

Where's the big iron tear drop that they have cried since the 4th & 25?

:D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 13, 2016, 12:56:03 pm
Great Pictures of Ole Miss Field.

Gotta admit, I was underwhelmed with the stadium when I visited Ole Miss for the 2009 game there.  I knew they had expanded it a few years earlier (if you watch our "7th Heaven" 2001 game - Matt Jones - 7 OT win - you can see the SEZ work in some shots), so I was expecting it to be nicer than it was.  To be frank, it had the feel of an over-sized HS stadium . . . just a big concrete block.  No character or warmth to it.

The Grove was nice, though I really didn't have nearly enough time to explore it (the game was one of those early JP games), and the downtown square was OK, but the stadium was "meh".  Georgia's Sanford stadium, on the other hand, was everything I expected it to be.

Smokehouse

If you get an opportunity with any freshly poured concrete, write a "go hogs" in there discretely, somewhere it won't be found until much later.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 13, 2016, 02:10:47 pm
Gotta admit, I was underwhelmed with the stadium when I visited Ole Miss for the 2009 game there.  I knew they had expanded it a few years earlier (if you watch our "7th Heaven" 2001 game - Matt Jones - 7 OT win - you can see the SEZ work in some shots), so I was expecting it to be nicer than it was.  To be frank, it had the feel of an over-sized HS stadium . . . just a big concrete block.  No character or warmth to it.

The Grove was nice, though I really didn't have nearly enough time to explore it (the game was one of those early JP games), and the downtown square was OK, but the stadium was "meh".  Georgia's Sanford stadium, on the other hand, was everything I expected it to be.

Spot on. The ONLY part that isn't average is their SEZ.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

snoblind

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 13, 2016, 02:41:34 pm
If you get an opportunity with any freshly poured concrete, write a "go hogs" in there discretely, somewhere it won't be found until much later.

No doubt.  that would be classic.

PIGZSNOUT

48 yds of concrete is being poured right now. I wish I had a piece of Razorback momento with me to bury in the concrete and start a new "curse". ;-)

rmcchris

What a high school stadium. As matter of fact, high schools in TX have better stadiums.  Yeah, that #2 recruiting class for Ole Miss is because of the facilities.  When there is smoke, there is fire.  You watch.

Hog N Bama

May I suggest you have some genuine quicksand shipped in for the foundation?  ;D

oldgoat

"48 yds of concrete is being poured right now. I wish I had a piece of Razorback momento with me to bury in the concrete and start a new "curse". ;-)"

Don't need it.  Our 4th and 25 already jinxed the place.  Their heads are so messed up they may never make the SECCG now, and they will hate us forever.
Hoglady: "Some things in life are only a big deal when you make them a big deal."

TebowHater

IIRC the firm that put up our jumbo tron was from Tennessee (or at least one of their workers) and they wrote Go Vols! on the inside (there is scaffolding/catwalk in the board that can be walked on) of the scoreboard on one of the beams