Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

" A KURE 4 KEYOHN"

Started by nwakaos, January 13, 2016, 10:13:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwakaos

My buddy, Keyohn Johnson will be 12 years old on February 11th. Keyohn is a great friend to everyone and
always has a smile on his face. He is a great athlete and football is his favorite. Keyohn is a really good football
player. One day he wants to play for the Razorbacks like his dad, Carl "CJ" Johnson did. Right now
though, Keyohn can't play sports, he can't even go to school. All he can do is stay home and go to Children's
Hospital in Little Rock for appointments.
This past November, school was out for Thanksgiving break. Keyohn was home and wasn't feeling very well.
After this went on for a couple of days and his mom, Atta, noticed he was very pale and weak, so she took
him to the Emergency room. After several tests, they determined that his complete blood count was critically
low and he was dehydrated. They gave Keyohn a blood transfusion and put him on an IV. His ER doctor called
Arkansas Children's Hospital and told them the situation. Children's Hospital flew in to get him and airlifted
him back to Children's in Little Rock.
After many, many blood transfusions, a bone marrow biopsy, other tests, and three days of waiting, doctors
told Keyohn and his family the news that no one wants to hear—Keyohn has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
My 12 year old buddy has CANCER. Keyohn is one of the bravest kids I know. When he and his family were
waiting on the diagnosis, his parents discussed with him several of the possibilities, one being leukemia. This
is not a conversation any parent wants to have with their child. When the diagnosis finally was told to them,
Keyohn said he was ready to fight this thing! Over the next few days, he had platelet transfusions, more tests,
high fever, and blood sugar problems. His dad and little sister could come to visit on weekends, when his dad
was off, but he wasn't allowed to have other visitors. Once they got Keyohn's numbers somewhat under
control they began chemotherapy. Then, finally after 12 nights and 13 days in the hospital, Keyohn and his
mom finally got to go home.
Keyohn has to go back to Arkansas Children's Hospital each week for treatment. Because they have no
place that will give Keyohn's treatments in Northwest Arkansas, they decided to train Atta to give him some
of his chemo treatments or else they would have to stay at Children's for days at a time. So far, Atta is doing
a great job with this. Keyohn's third grade sister, Cyniah, is a big help as well. She even helps fix him food and
help her mom with things around the house.
We live in the town of Farmington, Arkansas, right outside of Fayetteville.
This town is a close group of people who provide great help and support to
those in need. Already, they have sold wrist bands, tshirts, and have several
fundraising events planned. These things are a tremendous help to the Johnson
family. Since late November, when Keyohn got sick, Atta has not been
able to work at her job at Washington Regional Hospital. She isn't sure when
she will be able to return. Due to this, traveling, and other expenses, friends,
family, and a huge number in the town of Farmington are trying to help raise
money for the Johnsons. They are a wonderful family that are great members
of Farmington. We hope to give them all the financial help they need during
the difficult time. No one should have to be stressed or anxious about bills
and money when their child is fighting such a terrible, terrible disease.
The Johnsons are very thankful for all the help they are receiving!
Please visit our facebook Page "A Kure 4 Keyohn" to learn more.

Hawgey-Davidson

I will be praying for this family. Btw, some old timers like me dont FB much. Is there a bank thats got a fund set up etc. Again, dont facebook. Need more info. You may get a little more traction on here. Us Hogvillians are a good lot. Best wishes for all going forward.

nwakaos

There is an account setup for donations at Arvest;

" Atta Johnson Special Account"  Acct# 34884771

We also have the following benefits scheduled-

Dinner/ Live and Silent Auction February 20th 5pm at the Brand New Church 120 Southwinds Dr Farmington, Ar

USSSA Baseball Tournament April 15-17th at the Farmington Baseball Complex in Farmington, Ar

Benefit Yard Sale May 7th at Bob Folsom Elementary 230 S Grace Ln Farmington, Ar

4 Person Scramble Golf Tournament June 11th at Golf Club at Valley View Farmington, AR

If you have any questions please email nwakaos@aol.com

Thank you for your support

supersaint

Thanks for posting. CJ was a heck of a player and athlete. He wasn't utilized as well as Henry, but he was another excellent #84 UA TE.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

clew

I have known Carl since I was in Jr High and we played football together with the Dollarway Cardinals back in the early 90's. Goes without saying, but he was a LOT better than me. He is a great guy, a good dad, and I hope y'all can find it in your hearts to help him and his family out.
Pure as the dawn