Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where we stand heading into Spring....

Started by AugustaHog, January 13, 2016, 09:49:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsolo

I'm excited to see Austin get his chance.  I've never understood why he's automatically not good enough because he's BA's brother.    In any event we have plenty of depth one of these kids shouid have the ability and commitment to be our next guy.

Lake City Hog

I posted a thread several weeks ago about if #8's name was Tommy Brown or something would people still feel the same way about him. TONS of people just had to come in with the standard Hogville smart-assed remarks and add nothing of substance to the thread.

Maybe I should have questioned if AA was from Nevada or California would he be thought of differently?
I think the obvious answer is YES. There are so many people here that think Town is the next Brady just because he hails from California. If you don't root for him you are just another "poor little arkysawyer" rooting for the hometown boy. (I actually think that those are the people suffering from the "poor little arkysawyer" syndrome!) They think a kid from Arkansas just cannot compete.

My standpoint has absolutely nothing to do with my preference, I am just stating what I THINK will happen. Based on what I have seen of BB I just don't see him turning this team over to a RS freshman that had to have plays drawn up for him as late as October. That has nothing to do with talent or preference.

So many people think that their own view is the way that things should happen and any other way is "unfair" to the other players.(their personal favorite) This ain't about fair, this is about the HEAD COACH choosing the kid that HE feels comfortable with. This is about maximizing the small amount of repetitions available. Some of you need to accept the fact that AA is going to get the lion's share of the 1st team reps, the "battle" is for the #2 spot.

My hope is THAT battle gets bloody! I want those 3 guys fighting their guts out to prove that "I AM THE GUY"!!! Because that guy is 1 play away from being "the guy"!! After that #3 and #4 will have to decide what they want to do in the future, #3 will become #2 if AA goes down. Is #3 willing to bide his time until next spring to fight for that #2 slot?

tophawg19

Rafe offers some of the same things we saw in Clemson's QB Watson . Mobile with a very good arm . the others are pretty much interchangeable in their skill sets. Cantrell at TE offers something even Henry didn't and that's more speed and elusiveness . looks like we have plenty of options all across the board
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorcineSublime on January 14, 2016, 06:09:47 am
Still not sure where that comes from. Everything I have read of AA coming out of HS and many places since not named Hogville have said Austin had a stronger arm, maybe not as accurate, but hopefully Enos can fine tune that. As for foot speed and reading defenses/judgment, I have no idea.

After seeing both of them play pretty extensively in HS, I would agree that AA has a stronger arm and he threw a prettier deep ball than BA.  Probably not as accurate.  But...BA was elusive as a runner, and he took off a lot more than AA.  I'm not sure that means AA can't run effectively, he just didn't do it as often.  I really don't think there's a ton of difference between them skill wise, but AA is WAY more laid back.  That may be good in a Matt Jones kind of way, because I don't think he's going to put too much pressure on himself.  The downside is...that's also typically the type of personality that sometimes has the "oh well" attitude toward mistakes. 

I just wonder how he's viewed in terms of his leadership, and what the players think of him.  That can go a long way toward how everyone plays when they have confidence that their QB can get it done.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

RacinRazorback

Special Teams play, especially the kicking game, all aspects of it need to be revsmped! FG kicking is bad, whether it be the blocking for them or the kicker, something has to change or we will continue to lose 1 to 2 games per year because of it. We need a place kicker that can boot it out of the back of the end zone!

hawgXi

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 14, 2016, 11:35:20 am
Likely the last weekend in April. That has been CBB's habit so far. If ESPN calls that could change.

thanx oklahawg

they're keeping it pretty quiet.